March 28, 2024, 02:41:50 AM

Author Topic: Ricardo Teixeira resigns from Brazil FA and 2014 World Cup committee  (Read 2072 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Ricardo Teixeira resigns from Brazil FA and 2014 World Cup committee
guardian.co.uk

• 64-year-old cites health reasons as reason for resignation
• 'I leave ... with the sense of mission accomplished,' he says

Ricardo Teixeira, the head of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) for the past 22 years, has resigned for health reasons.

The 64-year-old has also resigned as the head of the local organising committee for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Teixeira tendered his resignation in a letter that was read out to reporters at the CBF.

Teixeira took a leave of absence for medical reasons last week, but the Brazilian federation announced he has left permanently to look after his health.

The announcement came in a letter of resignation read by the new federation and organising committee president, former São Paulo governor José Maria Marin.

"I leave the presidency of the CBF permanently with the sense of mission accomplished," Teixeira wrote in the letter. "It's not easy to preside passion. Football in our country is associated with two things: talent and disorganisation. When we win, talent is praised. When we lose, it's about disorganisation. I did what was within my reach, sacrificing my health. I was criticised in the losses and undervalued in the victories."

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Ricardo Teixeira resigns from Brazil FA and 2014 World Cup committee
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
Was just about to post this.

Imagine how different things woulda be if Jack had step down before the 2006 WC.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:47:34 PM »
FIFA is really cleaning up! He has had a running battle with Pele for ages! They all use the same strategy! But time is longer than twine!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
Ent government investigation into football found him corrupt and he was given a deadline to resign.
He is another dam crook, but he smart he taking front before front take him
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »
He's left because Dilma Rousseff, the new Brazilian president ... unlike Lula the ex-president ... didn't have time for him. She spent years in prison standing up against what men like Teixeira represent ... imagine he was head of the 2014 LOC but she didn't meet with him for over a year. That plus his FIFA issues related to 9.5 million USD caused him to exit. What's less clear for me is why he would move to Florida ... that strikes me as voluntarily placing himself under the jurisdiction of a FL court that likely won't show him any love if a cause of action arises.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:54:18 PM »
He's left because Dilma Rousseff, the new Brazilian president ... unlike Lula the ex-president ... didn't have time for him. She spent years in prison standing up against what men like Teixeira represent ... imagine he was head of the 2014 LOC but she didn't meet with him for over a year. That plus his FIFA issues related to 9.5 million USD caused him to exit. What's less clear for me is why he would move to Florida ... that strikes me as voluntarily placing himself under the jurisdiction of a FL court that likely won't show him any love if a cause of action arises.

He wouldn't be under the jurisdiction of the Florida court.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 01:50:15 AM »
Referring to extradition.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 05:31:17 PM »

jackula grantin' 'im asylum in he condo in FL.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 05:46:54 AM »
Gone from FIFA to, before ISL report realised?

http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/Teixeira-resigns-from-FIFA-20120320

Sao Paulo - Ricardo Teixeira, the former head of Brazilian football, resigned from FIFA's executive committee on Monday citing "personal reasons."

Teixeira resigned from the post he held since 1994 in a letter sent to the South American football confederation (CONMEBOL), which elected him to the committee.

"I worked with determination to defend the interests of football in our continent and to elevate football in the international context," he said in the letter.

Teixeira didn't elaborate on the personal reasons that led to his resignation.

The announcement comes exactly a week after he stepped down as president of the Brazilian federation and the 2014 World Cup organizing committee, citing unspecified health problems.

The resignation from the FIFA committee completes Teixeira's removal from the football scene and may help the Brazilian official distance himself from allegations he took kickbacks from former FIFA marketing partner ISL in the 1990s.

FIFA President Sepp Blatter promised to release the documents that could allegedly implicate Teixeira and other FIFA officials in the case, but the publication was delayed recently because of legal measures.

The BBC reported that the other Brazilian official allegedly involved in the ISL case is Teixeira's former father-in-law, Joao Havelange, who late last year resigned from the International Olympic Committee citing undisclosed health reasons and avoided possible suspension for allegedly taking the kickbacks from World Cup marketing deals while FIFA president.

Teixeira seemed to have Blatter's support and at one point was touted as his possible successor, but their relationship weakened, especially after the FIFA president said he would allow the release of the ISL documents as part of a wide-ranging effort to add transparency to the entity.

The 64-year-old Teixeira was also accused of unethical behavior by a former chairman of England's Football Association, David Triesman, who said during a British parliamentary inquiry that Teixeira and other FIFA executive committee members engaged in improper conduct during bidding for the 2018 World Cup.

FIFA cleared the Brazilian, who said the allegations stemmed from England's disappointment at failing to win hosting rights for the World Cup.

Teixeira was head of the Brazilian federation for 23 years, earning praise for revamping the entity but receiving criticism for allegations of irregularities in his administration.

Teixeira was twice investigated by Brazil's Congress, including once over a contract signed with Nike, but was never convicted of any wrongdoing.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »
Jack Warner and he so damn crooked that if each of them swallowed a nail, they would both shit corkscrews!

1]; } ?>