March 29, 2024, 08:12:02 AM

Author Topic: Inshan Ishmael's Breaking Barriers show pulled.......  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Inshan Ishmael's Breaking Barriers show pulled.......
« on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »
He apparently can't broadcast any thing live TATT has pulled them off the air.  Apparently he has been critical of the government recently and dey eh like that.......

Is it me or this have dictatorship written all over it???    :thinking: :thinking:  :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Inshan Ishmael's Breaking Barriers show pulled.......
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
He apparently can't broadcast any thing live TATT has pulled them off the air.  Apparently he has been critical of the government recently and dey eh like that.......

Is it me or this have dictatorship written all over it???    :thinking: :thinking:  :-\

D fella know which MP drivin 1 of d tief Foreign Use Car. He said he charge dem 1$ to run the ads during d campaign. He bitter like aloes.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:04:06 AM »
It good,

dunno what he saying bout PP or PNM etc and dont care too much about that.

but as an owner of a religious station, he is an embarrassment in his behavior .

Is long time now ppl complain to the Telecom Authority and i not talking bout politicians, so I guess his bad mouthing the govt was the final straw.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »
Quote from: Brownsugar link=topic=56979.msg803412#msg803412 date=1335403207

[/quote

No. Check between 2007 and 2010  ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:49:09 PM »
Mr Inshan Ishmael called i95FM this evening, he said he attended a meeting today with Trinidad and Tobago telecom somebody  they was reading out the twenty something charges that was brought against him,all of the charges was thrown out and the show would be back on from tomorrow .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 01:50:02 AM »
Govt approves 8.3 acres for Muslims next to Divali Nagar site
By Asha Javeed (Express).

LAND FOR INSHAN

For $1 a year, the Inshan Ishmael-chaired Muslim Social and Cultural Foundation (MSCF) has been granted a 30-year lease for 8.3 acres of land at the Narsaloo Ramaya Road in Endeavour, Chaguanas.

The parcel of land is adjacent to the Divali Nagar site.

The lease to Ishmael’s foundation was finally approved by Cabinet last Thursday.

The Express understands that the note was taken by Land and Marine Resources Minister Jairam Seemungal three weeks ago but had met strong resistance from certain members of Cabinet.

Ishmael, a former high-profile member of Jack Warner’s Independent Liberal Party (ILP), was a vocal critic of the Government in his talk show Breaking Barriers on his television station Islamic Broadcasting Network (IBN).

He stopped the show last December after he said a contract was placed “on his head” and that there were threats to burn down the television station.

“Threats to me have been ongoing, but what happened was it never reached to the point of them saying ‘I will deal with you. I will deal with your children. I will have you kneeling on the ground and crying while I deal with your children’. It has never reached that level,” Ishmael had told the Express at the time.

The Express understands the division within the Government to approve the lease to Ishmael’s foundation forced Cabinet to refer it to the Finance and General Purposes Committee where it was subsequently approved last Monday and granted by Cabinet on Thursday.

Contacted last Friday, Ishmael explained that it was a “gift to the Muslim community” and not to him specifically.

He said he was aware that there was “objection by members of the Cabinet of Hindu background” but he remained grateful.

He said that the foundation had applied a long time ago for the land and expressed his thanks for its approval from Trade, Investment and Communications Minister Vasant Bharath, Seemungal and former national security minister Gary Griffith.

He sought to make it clear that this did not mean he was “bought out.”

“This land is not for me. It will benefit the community. It should in no way be perceived that I am a sellout,” he said.

“I know it is an election year and gifts are given but this is something long in coming,” he added.

He said he had long lobbied for the land for the foundation even while he was on air criticising the Government.

The fact that approval was granted while he was no longer on air or a member of the ILP on air is coincidental, he said.

He said he had hoped to resume his show on February 1 but was diagnosed with dengue and plans to restart after that were stymied because his sister, who has been in a coma for five years, suffered organ failure.

“It would be an inopportune time for me to come back on air but I hope to do so by the end of March,” he said.

He said he was aware that the land approval would be viewed sceptically.

“People feel it is to shut me up and buy me out. But that is not so,” he said.

He said he would also seek to rent the land out to host events and even political meetings.

Asked which party he now supported going into elections, Ishmael said he was at present “neutralised” and would lend his support to a party only after elections.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:31:11 AM »
dat is why de "mudda cant" so quiet  :cursing:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

1]; } ?>