March 28, 2024, 12:26:08 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 89756 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men's U-17 Thread
« Reply #690 on: May 03, 2019, 07:57:20 PM »
Stirring the pot a little.
Is Latapy that poor of a coach? Men working for free attaining results.
Or is it more complicated than that  :devil:

Coaching what yuh have and coaching what yuh want are two different propositions that will lead to differing outcomes.

Yuh couldn't wait until after the Mexico game?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:00:48 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 03, 2019, 10:00:57 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago U-17's 3-2 win over Jamaica.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/o_uwsZY9-iU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/o_uwsZY9-iU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 03, 2019, 10:46:38 PM »
Congrats to these guys. So far I am pleasantly surprised that they won both games. Surprised that they beat JA. None of us here can figure the madness of TT football. This team team did not play friendly warm ups against big team and they into the next round. Can't really explain it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 03, 2019, 11:00:08 PM »
Stirring the pot a little.
Is Latapy that poor of a coach? Men working for free attaining results.
Or is it more complicated than that  :devil:

Coaching what yuh have and coaching what yuh want are two different propositions that will lead to differing outcomes.

Yuh couldn't wait until after the Mexico game?

FF asked a valid question. But let's  wait until after the tournament to make final assessment.
But FF, if you want to work for free for TTFA, you will be welcome by DJW. KJ and Stern can afford to do that. They have a comfortable to substantial nest-egg due to their exploits in England. So if they want to work for free for some future renumerations, that is their choice.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 03, 2019, 11:32:50 PM »
Congrats to these guys. So far I am pleasantly surprised that they won both games. Surprised that they beat JA. None of us here can figure the madness of TT football. This team team did not play friendly warm ups against big team and they into the next round. Can't really explain it.

Because those team we beat are WORSE! Does not mean we actually played well. The game is on youtube go watch it...When we face quality opposition you will see the reality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 04, 2019, 05:00:25 AM »
How is them working for free influential in the analysis of the coaching product? Yuh done know that FF walk in a rum shop, fire one, drop that talk and walk out as ah "arsonist". Next thing all de drunkards spark de talk like a wildfire. ;D  Some ah dem even walk back in de shop saying 'ah hear ah talk" when is dem same drinkers that promote and spread it.

I have to admit that I anticipated that ppl would immediately start drawing comparisons, but it's not really a fair question. Valid is a stretch. Provocative is what it was announced as. But, the record makes Latas vulnerable to de static. I doh want to go down that road. Lefty might doh. :devil: :P
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:08:22 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 04, 2019, 07:30:43 AM »
@sando... I do understand what u saying but u need to give the boys credit for winning both games. the test will be on Sunday when they play Mexico. I think they are a good quality players and they haven't played together before.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 05, 2019, 12:11:47 AM »

Because those team we beat are WORSE! Does not mean we actually played well. The game is on youtube go watch it...When we face quality opposition you will see the reality

you didn need d whole game to realize we still look clueless in defense there two very good examples in dat short clip
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 05, 2019, 12:16:42 AM »
How is them working for free influential in the analysis of the coaching product? Yuh done know that FF walk in a rum shop, fire one, drop that talk and walk out as ah "arsonist". Next thing all de drunkards spark de talk like a wildfire. ;D  Some ah dem even walk back in de shop saying 'ah hear ah talk" when is dem same drinkers that promote and spread it.

I have to admit that I anticipated that ppl would immediately start drawing comparisons, but it's not really a fair question. Valid is a stretch. Provocative is what it was announced as. But, the record makes Latas vulnerable to de static. I doh want to go down that road. Lefty might doh. :devil: :P

team fragmentation is such a familiar part ah we football it ridiculous....we not building teams to defend at all....neither individually or as a unit.....I honestly believe it cultural ting, defense is to stick d "shitty" people or best of d rest.....d strike squad defenders being useful on d ball was probably a byproduct of times...dese days street ball is rear and technique coaching is substandard to nonexistent so we keep fielding defenders that can't really play football.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 12:31:05 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #699 on: May 05, 2019, 07:56:56 AM »
Under 17s aim high at CONCACAF Championship.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 17 Men’s team will be aiming to top Group E when they face Mexico in their final group phase match at the CONCACAF Under 17 Championship from 4pm on Sunday at the IMG Academy in Bradenton.

Jaiye Sheppard scored twice to guide T&TT to a hard-fought 3-2 win over Jamaica yesterday for their second straight win in Group E of the Concacaf Under-17 Championship, at the IMG Academy, Bradenton, Florida, United States.

Jamaica opened the scoring in the 17th minute through Cristojaye Daley, who collected a cross from the right and slotted home past TT goalkeeper Isaiah Williams.

But T&T replied in the 34th when Sheppard, on the left, went full stretch to meet a right-sided cross and finished from close range.

Striker Justin Araujo-Wilson put T&T in front ten minutes later, taking advantage of Jamaica’s inability to clear the ball from the danger area. The ball fell perfectly to Araujo-Wilson around the penalty spot and he side-footed into the net past goalie Shamar Haffenden. Sheppard got T&T’s third in the 60th with a header, after a teasing right-sided cross into the penalty box.

Jamaica’s Dandre Miller was sent off in the 85th for his second bookable offence, but his team pulled one back in stoppage time, courtesy of a right-footed shot from Isaac Scott.

The performance brought a deserving win for the Stern John-coached outfit which secured its place in the second round knockout phase following a 3-1 win over Bermuda in its opener on Wednesday.

“I’m delighted for the boys. I spoke to them about the importance of this match and the fact that it is the biggest Caribbean derby and they went out there and demonstrated exactly how they felt about it. They followed my instructions an stuck to the plan. I think they had a bit of a score to settle as well from a previous match a couple of years ago,: John told TTFA Media.

“Now we have showed that we came here to compete because I don’t think anyone gave us a chance coming into this tournament. Now we’ve proven them wrong and I’m backing my boys to keep their heads high and continue playing good football. It’s still a far way off in terms of qualifying for Brazil but I will give them credit for pulling off two wins and showing that they are no pushovers,” John added.

“These boys worked their socks off. They’ve come into the tournament and given ourselves a chance. I told them that this was a derby and that back in the day when we used to play Jamaica couldn’t compete with us and that it was about time Trinidad and Tobago got back onto the map. They competed with the Jamaicans, stood up to the challenge and came out victorious. I think it’s a credit to the boys, their belief and what we’ve been doing for the last couple weeks,

“I haven’t met a bunch of boys who are more honest. They are willing to work hard for the cause and stick together as a team no matter what. We went down 1-0 to Jamaica and I think for me, I’d probably hold my hands up. We gave them too much credit or respect in the first half. We dropped off and let them play in front of us. But we realised we had to change the system and go back to our normal way of playing and we matched them in every department. We got ourselves back into the game and I think we dominated the game from then on,” John added.

Goalscorer Sheppard was obviously thrilled with his performance and the victory.

“I think the boys played a fantastic game although we didn’t got off to the best of start. We really dug deep and fought with everything we had. It was also a great feeling to get on the scoresheet, not once but twice, knowing that coach John encouraged and demanded us to be brave and to express ourselves throughout the game. Now that we have secured a place in the second round, we would just like to continue building momentum and improving our game. I believe that we can do great things as long as we remain focus and continue to listen to our coaching staff,” Sheppard told TTFA Media.

Araujo-Wilson who now has three goals in two matches, spoke about his goal celebrations against Jamaica where he ran to the byline to embrace John and assistant Kenwyne Jones.

“That celebration was just because through a lot of the hard times I was having in the preparation for the tour they never gave up on me, they always pushed me to work harder and those are my idols. They inspire me to be a better footballer and to keep working hard so i just felt that scoring that goal to bring us back into the game against Jamaica I had to pay homage Trinidad and Tobago and the legends who worked hard for the team previously,” Araujo-Wilson told TTFA Media.

“Coach drilled into our heads that once we do what we did in practice we would get the result so it was just to stay disciplined. But in the Jamaica game we overestimated the team hence we started in a more defensive position and then we saw we could match them and we were good enough. We went back into a regular formation which created more attacking opportunities causing us to score more goals.

“Overall we just played well together. We gelled well together, the defence and midfield did their part and the forwards did their part. It was just another well fought victory and hopefully we can come out against Mexico and work even harder with more determination, more disciplined and show them that we are not just a Caribbean team that can’t play football because we can.”

Team Captain Zachary Welch’s Post-Win comments

“Well firstly Jamaica vs Trinidad and Tobago is a derby as we are Caribbean rivals so we knew it was going to be a challenge and as we failed to beat them last time we are very proud and enthusiastic about this victory and as being captain I tried my best to lead the team alongside the coaches and it paid off.

“The mindset going into the game was to work as hard as we can and try to come out with the best result we could as we knew we are capable of beating Jamaica as we did. Coach stern wanted to switch up the tactics to a more defensive one to try and overcome Jamaica but as he realized we were matching them up everywhere around the field, he switched to a more attacking approach and we scored three consecutive goals.

“We knew that after halftime Jamaica were gonna come with full force and we were prepared as we were leading at the break but we knew we couldn’t take our foot off the peddle and we stuck at it and outplayed Jamaica. The coaches warned us to not get to complacent and throw away the game and told us to raise the intensity for the second half and as the coaches and players encouraged everyone we stuck at it, played as a team and held off Jamaica.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #700 on: May 05, 2019, 01:23:42 PM »
any links besides Concacaf's pay site?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 05, 2019, 03:42:30 PM »
All the games are on facebook through the Concacaf profile page.  Just use the search bar and it will come up.  Here's today's game https://www.facebook.com/concacafcom/videos/2250964385154329/

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 05, 2019, 03:44:50 PM »
Stern not using most of the starters today.  Giving the bench players a little sweat, hence the score.  Wish they could do better though, but this evaluation was needed.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 05, 2019, 03:46:23 PM »
You can even see the past games on their page. 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 05, 2019, 03:47:37 PM »
Bubble buss,5-0 in the 89th minute.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 05, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »
Stern not using most of the starters today.  Giving the bench players a little sweat, hence the score.  Wish they could do better though, but this evaluation was needed.
Did Mexico use most of their starters?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 05, 2019, 04:15:42 PM »
Well if he giving the bench ah run is good experience,smart but brave move by SJ,sometimes those scores cause feelings in the camp.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #707 on: May 05, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »
All the games are on facebook through the Concacaf profile page.  Just use the search bar and it will come up.  Here's today's game https://www.facebook.com/concacafcom/videos/2250964385154329/

for some reason I cannot access that.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 05, 2019, 05:34:29 PM »
Go here https://www.facebook.com/concacafcom/ or facebook search Concacaf  and you will find it.  Look under the videos tab and go from there.  You can set up notifications when they post live games, or just facebook search the two sides that you want to see play and the live video feed will pop up.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 05, 2019, 05:35:26 PM »

for some reason I cannot access that.

Right now the Jamaica vs Bermuda game is live on their front page.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 05, 2019, 06:39:53 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago U-17's 5-0 loss to Mexico. #CU17 #YoungSocaWarriors #MEXvTRI

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WHQRE-oXOaw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WHQRE-oXOaw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 05, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »
see......we don't teach defense.....all I see dey was naivete, "cluelessness" and fear :frustrated:.......four goals from crosses and no one even thinking about attacking d ball on the cross or closing down d crosser......would love for Angus Eve to get ah another go with a youth team......his SFL record should put he on any "fair" TTFA shortlist
I pity the fool....

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 05, 2019, 08:19:23 PM »
see......we don't teach defense.....all I see dey was naivete, "cluelessness" and fear :frustrated:.......four goals from crosses and no one even thinking about attacking d ball on the cross or closing down d crosser......would love for Angus Eve to get ah another go with a youth team......his SFL record should put he on any "fair" TTFA shortlist

I've been following the team for the past two games, and this squad is basically the bench, with about three or four regular starters.  Stern was simply giving his starters a rest, while seeing who on the bench can come and make an impact.  The defense for the past two games have been stellar with a few hiccups.  The regular starting team is very strong, especially our front lines with Wilson, Nixon and Sheppard. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 05, 2019, 08:31:36 PM »
Mexico was never going to lose this match, regardless of who started.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 05, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »

I've been following the team for the past two games, and this squad is basically the bench, with about three or four regular starters.  Stern was simply giving his starters a rest, while seeing who on the bench can come and make an impact.  The defense for the past two games have been stellar with a few hiccups.  The regular starting team is very strong, especially our front lines with Wilson, Nixon and Sheppard. 

if this is true it still begs the question of competent depth, simply waving it off because is d "second stringers" is folly, it's not that they lost, is how they lost, what if we suffer significant injuries, by that display today d bench not up to scratch and may not be able to do ah job if called upon. the bench being good for 5 is no throw away realization, is big cause for worry serious worry.
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 05, 2019, 08:52:14 PM »
Mexico was never going to lose this match, regardless of who started.

this......plus the highlights of the other games opposition goals don't support d notion that d starters are better then 5 goals against ah Mexico or better IMHO, the issues were similar.
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #716 on: May 06, 2019, 12:24:18 AM »
Munoz hat-trick sinks T&T.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

A hat-trick for Mex­i­can mid­field­er San­ti­a­go Munoz con­fined the T&T un­der-17 foot­ball team to its first de­feat in Group E of the CON­CA­CAF Un­der-17 Cham­pi­onship 0-5 in Flori­da, Unit­ed States yes­ter­day af­ter­noon at the IMG Acad­e­my.

How­ev­er, the de­feat did not pre­vent the ju­nior So­ca War­riors from pro­gress­ing to the next round of the cham­pi­onship, along with their Mex­i­can coun­ter­parts from the group. T&T's gut­sy de­fence pre­vent­ed what could have been a wider mar­gin of de­feat against a dom­i­nant Mex­i­can out­fit.

Af­ter two con­fi­dence-boost­ing vic­to­ries over Bermu­da and Ja­maica, the T&T lads went in­to the match in search of a win to top the group, but they met a more-than-con­fi­dent Mex­i­co team, which prized its de­fence open as ear­ly as the eighth minute. Munoz de­liv­ered a pin-point cross from the right side for an un­marked Bryan Gon­za­lez to head home for a 1-0 ad­van­tage.

Mex­i­co's pen­chant for ball pos­ses­sion lat­er led to more goals, while pre­vent­ing fur­ther T&T at­tacks which were scarce on the day. The Munoz show be­gan in the 27th minute when Gon­za­lez curled the ball in­side the box from a right-side free­kick, for him to rise un­chal­lenged and head past goal­keep­er Isa­iah Williams.

Ten min­utes lat­er the T&T de­fence failed to get rid of an­oth­er cross ball from the right side, and the ball rolled invit­ing­ly for Munoz to calm­ly fire it past the TT cus­to­di­an in the 37th minute.

The young So­ca War­riors who were forced to come from be­hind against the Ja­maicans on Fri­day, strug­gled to mount any re­al mean­ing­ful at­tack for most of the pro­ceed­ings, as their lack of con­fi­dence rather than their abil­i­ty, kept them away from the Mex­i­can goal area.

T&T coach Stern John's de­ci­sion to re­place pro­lif­ic strik­er Justin Arau­jo-Wil­son with Gary Grif­fith III, son of Com­mis­sion­er of Po­lice Gary Grif­fith, did not bear any fruit, as Grif­fith and com­pa­ny were al­ways slow­er to the ball than their Mex­i­can de­fend­ers dur­ing at­tacks. Mex­i­co went to the half-time in­ter­val with a 3-0 ad­van­tage and was just as ag­gres­sive when the match re­sumed.

Two more goals how­ev­er com­plet­ed Mex­i­co's dom­i­nant dis­play and put them through as one of the favourites to qual­i­fy for the Un­der-17 World Cup in Brazil.

Efrain Al­varez, who came in as a late sub­sti­tute, in­creased his team's tal­ly to 4-0 on on­ly his first touch of the ball in the 58th minute. Gon­za­lez on an­oth­er sweep­ing runs down the left flank, cen­tred per­fect­ly for him to head home.

And with the ref­er­ee's eyes on his watch, Munoz re­ceived his third goal of the match in the 88th minute, when Al­varez thread his pass through an open T&T de­fence, for him to calm­ly slot be­yond the on­rush­ing goal­keep­er for a 5-0 vic­to­ry.

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago: 1.Isaiah Williams; 18.Isa Sayeed, 2.Nigel Carraby, 5.Cephas St Rose (captain), 7.Jaiye Sheppard; 16.Keilon Burnett-Acevaro, 17.Kevan Kahoussi (8.Tyrese Pierre 74), 10.Andrew De Gannes; 11.Jean-Heim Mc Fee (19.Ajani Fortune 60), 13.Gary Griffith III (14.Jerrell Nixon 56), 12.Curtis De Leon.

Unused substitutes: 20.Kahlil Oliver (GK), 3.Luke Savery, 4.Jordon Britto, 6.Zachary Welch, 9.Justin Araujo-Wilson, 15.Jeremy Lashley.

Coach: Stern John

Mexico: 1.Eduardo Garcia; 3.Victor Guzmán, 4.Jesús Gómez (2.Jose Ruiz 46), 5.Rafael Martínez, 13.Emilio Lara; 7.Luis Gustavo Martinez, 11.Bryan González, 15.Edgar Martínez, 16.Kevin Mariscal (8.Kevin Ortega 65); 10.Israel Luna (18.Efrain Alvarez 57), 19.Santiago Muñoz.

Unused substitutes: 12.Arturo Delgado (GK), 6.Eugenio Pizzuto, 9.Leonardo Correa, 14.Abraham Flores, 17.Luis Carlos Martinez, 20.Bruce El Mesmari.

Coach: Marco Ruiz.

CU17 TRI 0-5 MEX | Highlights

Group E Standings

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
Mexico  3  3  0  0  11  0  9
Trinidad & Tobago  3  2  0  1  6  8  6
Jamaica  3  1  0  2  6  6  3
Bermuda  3  0  0  3  3  13  0

Upcoming Game

May 8

Honduras vs T&T

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:29:51 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 06, 2019, 01:52:44 AM »
El Salvador and Haiti beat Honduras. We should beat them to.

Stern rest a few starters....

Good luck

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 06, 2019, 04:07:01 AM »
Yesterday's match was inconsequential, particularly if we believe that the path to qualifying is/ was easier via playing Honduras rather than playing Puerto Rico. Either way, the coaching staff achieved other benefits aside from rest through fielding an altered squad against Mexico. For instance, the "go to" players preserve their confidence (especially players who have scored during the tournament), it gives the players who got a chance to participate more extensively after two matches an opportunity to "feel the going", it gave the staff an opportunity to see players under adverse conditions during an actual match that involved the highest quality opposition, in the same age group, the team would have faced at any time since Stern and KJ came aboard etc.

What matters is what happens in the next match.

Once qualification occurs, systemic playing issues can be ironed out with time.

By the way, anyone willing to take bets that if that happens, the TTFA will find itself with a fully engaged Technical Director again.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 04:09:31 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 06, 2019, 11:46:38 AM »
"Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stern John made six changes to his starting line-up with Isa Sayeed, Keilon Burnett-Acevaro, Kevan Kahoussi, Andrew De Gannes, Curtis De Leon and Gary Griffith III replacing Jordon Britto, Zachary Welch, Ajani Fortune, Luke Savery, Tyrese Pierre and Justin Araujo-Wilson respectively.

Araujo-Wilson was the tournament’s joint highest scorer at the start of the day with three goals.

Mexico went further with their tinkering as they made eight changes to their starting team including a debut start to forward Santiago Muñoz".

https://wired868.com/2019/05/05/mexico-put-five-past-t-warriors-face-honduras-in-ko-round/

1]; } ?>