April 16, 2024, 01:00:26 PM

Author Topic: Willis Plaza Thread  (Read 38800 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Willis Plaza Thread
« on: May 22, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »
Plaza on target in Sai Gon
ttproleague.com

San Juan Jabloteh forward Willis Plaza has already scored three goals in four starts for Navibank Sai Gon FC since joining the Vietnamese club last month.

The 24 yearold Trinidad and Tobago international on loan to the V-League club opened his account with a pair of goals against Hai Phong in a 2-2 draw two weeks ago and notched his third for Sai Gon on Saturday in a 2-0 win over League leaders Ha Noi TT.

Sai Gon coached by Cong Loc Pham currently occupies sixth position on the standings with 25 points from 18 games, while Ha Noi TT maintains top position with 33 points.

Plaza finished the 2011-12 TT Pro League season as Jabloteh’s top scorer netting in all competitions, and finished second behind Defence Force forward Richard Roy (14 goals) with 10 goals in the Digicel Pro League.

He was signed on a four-month loan deal by Sai Gon, joining the V-League of fellow countryman Hughtun Hector who plays for fourth positioned Song Lam Nghe An.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:12:29 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Plaza on target in Sai Gon
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:44:03 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TrNxrlqiPPQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TrNxrlqiPPQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 09:45:57 PM »
play de fitball kid
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 05:34:36 AM »
Promising times for Plaza in Vietnam.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Former San Juan Jabloteh striker Willis Plaza is at least one player who should be counting his blessings after taking up an offer to switch alliances to Vietnam, earlier this year.

The 24-year-old former Arima Senior player joined Vietnamese club Navibank Sai Gon on a four-month deal but has already agreed to a new one-year deal with Song Lam FC for next season following his impressive start in Sai Gon colours.

Plaza has netted four goals with four assists in six matches. He has guided Sai Gon to sixth place on the league table. “It’s been a tremendous experience here in Vietnam so far.

The league is very active and the fans make the stadium a very exciting place to be,” Plaza said. “This is a first time experience away from Trinidad for me so I wasn’t sure what to expect especially in a place like Vietnam where I didn’t think football would be this popular. Being away from my family was hard at first but as time passed I became more settled.”

He’s saddened by Jabloteh’s drop from the Pro League but relieved that he doesn’t have to worry about earning a stable income for at least another year or more.

“Things are looking very promising for me over here in Vietnam and I focus on training hard every day and doing as best as possible for Sai Gon. I signed for four months with my current team but I have signed a one year deal with Song Lam (team of Trinidadian teammate Hughtun Hector) for next season.

Hopefully, I can keep up my good form and do even better next season,” Plaza added. Plaza has two international appearances and one goal for T&T in a 4-0 whipping of Antigua and Barbuda in February.

“That has been the highlight of my career so far, being able to make it on the national team. The Pro League was a good start for me because the football is good in the League  but it just needs more exposure.

“It is difficult to have much of a future as a player because of the lack of money. I am happy to be out here playing my game and earning more at the same time as well as improving my game.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
Willis Plaza?I follow TT football and have never heard of this fella and suddenly he good enough th get contract in Viet Nam joining a few more TT players,who by the way were more popular names than this Plaza boy.

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »
Willis Plaza?I follow TT football and have never heard of this fella and suddenly he good enough th get contract in Viet Nam joining a few more TT players,who by the way were more popular names than this Plaza boy.

hahahahahaha  they shift the rock off your head?  You follow T&Tball and never heard of him...lol too funny..what T&T football do you follow?  steups.  Back under that Sheperd's Bush rock fool.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:14:25 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
I go give Frico a bligh this time. Because for a while I myself  thought he was Dom. Rep. or Puerto R. until I realized he was indeed Trini. All this mixup. Afro-french Creole-Spanish-Indian-Chinese does cause all this damn confusion

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
I go give Frico a bligh this time. Because for a while I myself  thought he was Dom. Rep. or Puerto R. until I realized he was indeed Trini. All this mixup. Afro-french Creole-Spanish-Indian-Chinese does cause all this damn confusion

nah no bligh for he..NONE!

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »
Plaza been playing for Jab and always up there on the Scoring Chart which TT Football u following EFA

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
Plaza been playing for Jab and always up there on the Scoring Chart which TT Football u following EFA

lol

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »
I may have seen the name Plaza but never took notice like I do when I see a name like Jorsling or Jones or even Molino,but Plaza and straight away I think Puerto Rican or as Deeks say Dominican Rep.Sometimes I see names in TT and there must be names of people from every part of the world,the place mix bad.
Thank yuh for the bligh Deeks much appreciated.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »
EFA?

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
Extremely Foolish Asswipes

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 02:28:26 AM »
Extremely Foolish Asswipes
I didn't expect it to be an Hons.Degree in Physics from Warwick University,I am pleased to see that you do know your subject,did Palmer teach yuh.How di Hill deze days,better dan Bush I spose.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Willis Plaza Thread
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 04:02:57 PM »
Mr. Hart Bring back Willis Plaza Please !

The kid is awesome.. He is a awesome player. Kinda shocked  he was left out of the squad.

Anyone have any information?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:00:57 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Plaza Back in the team Please Hart!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »
he was not picked because he is not active ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 08:07:12 PM »
He returned to T&T in September and trained with Central. We tried to sign him but despite an appeal, it was denied by FIFA as the transfer window was closed. Central offered him a stipend to stay with the squad until we could sign him, but he declined. Although Central still want to sign him, I believe he now wants to return to Vietnam.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 07:27:14 AM »
Interesting :thinking:
Yeah he is definitely good player. Made his mark at Jabloteh
T&T Pro League has definitely been a success in grooming some players for international exposure and I think the momentum of production is going to increase. No more blacklists, sabotage and negativity.
Go Warriors
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 02:33:29 PM »
Something tells me he will be one of the main guys for our team.  Really love him as a player, on the field he seems to have nice touches, he is just brilliant to watch and he adds that hope to the team. Wish him the best, and hope to see him been a regular in the team.

There is greatness about this player.. just wait and see.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
Not seen much of him - is he really taht good?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »
We were 3-nil down against UAE, Plaza steps up and absolutely buries a header, he ignited this team, gave us hope. Never ever before have we seen tnt away from home come back from that kind of deficit and plaza was the center of it. Had he not scored there it would have remained 3-0. Any player that can lift a team spirits in such a situation is quality. Yes I am not the head coach, perhaps he has poor defensive qualities, but I think what he showed in that game is sheer class, motivation and the unwillingness to go silently into defeat.

He is worth holding on to Mr. Hart. 

The away game to JA that number 13 player who received the ball directly on the head and didn't score, plaza would of put that one it.. it was a sitter. we need players who can score when the ball on on their head 10 yards from the goal..
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:19:05 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
Well I look forward to seeing him plying his trade sometime! Shame he can't play in T&T now :(

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
Great players shine, we will see a lot more from him.. my spidey senses is telling me great things are in the works for him and our national team.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Hart Bring back Willis Plaza Please !
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »
No doubt about potential but yuh cyar put ah man on the team if he is not in shape and has been competitively inactive? If it's one thing to admire with the change of the guard is the emphasis on DISCIPLINE. In the past too many men were on the team  just by name and who they were connected with.

Take K.Daniel for instance- emphatically should not be close to this team until  he has a disciplined and committed allegiance to himself as a professional, his teammates and the national football organization. The same should be for all players. You either commit to represent or stay with yuh club- yuh cyar be on and off the wagon when it have men who are fighting to represent and going through all kinda ah battles  then just so some players does waltz in and feel they entitled to wear that jersey!!!!

If yuh not on a team, hope yur link up and yuh practicing so when an opportunity comes calling yuh fit ready and could perform.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »
Thanks AB. I didn't know he wasn't match fit.  :beermug:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »
We were 3-nil down against UAE, Plaza steps up and absolutely buries a header, he ignited this team, gave us hope. Never ever before have we seen tnt away from home come back from that kind of deficit and plaza was the center of it. Had he not scored there it would have remained 3-0. Any player that can lift a team spirits in such a situation is quality. Yes I am not the head coach, perhaps he has poor defensive qualities, but I think what he showed in that game is sheer class, motivation and the unwillingness to go silently into defeat.

He is worth holding on to Mr. Hart. 

The away game to JA that number 13 player who received the ball directly on the head and didn't score, plaza would of put that one it.. it was a sitter. we need players who can score when the ball on on their head 10 yards from the goal..

Everybody and their Mum agrees with this statement. However, Plaza is, what? 26? That makes him 31 by 2018. Winchester is 19. He will be 24 in 2018. Was Plaza scoring every chance for T&T at 19? Had anyone heard of him at 19?

Give Winchester a break, bro. This time last year he was playing Super League. Give him the room to mature and improve. To me, Winchester still has work to do. In fact, I'd say Quintero has more potential in the long term. Not many players play a full 90 minutes away to Jamaica after only 5 mins international experience. He probably sh*t his shorts when that cross fell on his head!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
 Good point. 2018 long way ahead, International football is cruel in that sense where players are calculated to be too old for an event. It would be nice to see him in the Caribbean cup and maybe even the gold cup.

I understand it's important to plan for the future, under Latapy it is clear now what his plans were, he did spot Peltier and Molino, were we wrong to treat him the way we did as head coach, maybe his timing in the introduction of these guys were off, also as a tactician he did favor an offensive style of play rather than a defensive structured team as Mr.Hart. looking back at latas career in coaching he did good things for us and maybe it's too late to say thank you latas, but I am doing it anyway.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »
Both Winchester and Plaza are players that were overlooked by national selectors during their junior years. And as such they were late bloomers, not having the benefit of the best available coaching and international experience. Its to both their credits that they have turned into top prospects for the national team. 

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Willis Plaza Thread
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 03:56:28 PM »
real good player
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Willis Plaza Thread
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »
talk about lack of an eye for talent, dem men must be blind down there..

the first 3 mins i see the man play i was wondering why he wasn't even given the chance.. i could imagine how many more players go undiscovered bc men just dont know what is good for our football

1]; } ?>