April 19, 2024, 06:09:21 PM

Author Topic: Trinidad Match programmes Press Team sheets  (Read 2119 times)

Offline johnwells

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad Match programmes Press Team sheets
« on: March 17, 2009, 02:47:04 PM »
are match programmes issued foryour HOME INTERNATIONAL matches  and do they prouduce teamsheets for the media

thak you from england   

john                   

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad Match programmes Press Team sheets
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 02:50:30 PM »
Welcome John,
I cant answer your question but have you checked out the TTFF website here
http://ttffonline.com/cms/
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
match program??? What is that??

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:47:13 PM »
lol
the only one I've ever seen was the June 1, 2008 v England

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »
are match programmes issued foryour HOME INTERNATIONAL matches  and do they prouduce teamsheets for the media

thak you from england   

john                   

Vs England they had a nice match programme... but I cant recall any before or after that...

Teamsheets are given to the media 1 hour before kick off and I always get my hands on one from one of the media guys...just to take a peep

Offline johnwells

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 04:57:11 AM »
For those  who dont know what a  match programme , very  popular  in uk  and some other   mainly European  Countries, they  are a match day magazine  produced by the home team  and normally lists  theEXPECTED  teams ,,plus pictures etc,club info..

some run to 60 pages, some just   a few pages  and are   usually produced for every  English  League  match

re the press sheets,in view  of the   lack of   a  programme would  anyone be able to  obtain  one for me please and send to uk.

my club brighton is  who chris birchall is now with maybe  i can send  a programme with him in  to anyonewho can get the teamsheet please

thank you

johnf   

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 07:40:02 AM »
For those  who dont know what a  match programme , very  popular  in uk  and some other   mainly European  Countries, they  are a match day magazine  produced by the home team  and normally lists  theEXPECTED  teams ,,plus pictures etc,club info..

some run to 60 pages, some just   a few pages  and are   usually produced for every  English  League  match

re the press sheets,in view  of the   lack of   a  programme would  anyone be able to  obtain  one for me please and send to uk.

my club brighton is  who chris birchall is now with maybe  i can send  a programme with him in  to anyonewho can get the teamsheet please

thank you

johnf   

We know what match programmes are  ::) ..... but that practice never caught on in T&T. That is a very European practice and is probably why they did one for the England game (its probable that the TTFF was asked to produce one by the English FA especially for guys like you  ;D ). Anyway, it has simply never been economically viable in to be producing them for every international as only specific games "sellout" in T&T  and that is the only reason to make it worthwhile to produce them.

Team sheet ?....why not get a copy of match reports from FIFA/ConCaCaf sites it will have a lot more info as I know that is what you want.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »

thank you

johnf   

We know what match programmes are  ::) ..... but that practice never caught on in T&T. That is a very European practice and is probably why they did one for the England game (its probable that the TTFF was asked to produce one by the English FA especially for guys like you  ;D ). Anyway, it has simply never been economically viable in to be producing them for every international as only specific games "sellout" in T&T  and that is the only reason to make it worthwhile to produce them.

Team sheet ?....why not get a copy of match reports from FIFA/ConCaCaf sites it will have a lot more info as I know that is what you want.
       Why all you don't stop talking shyt sometimes,the man ask a sensible question if you don't know why you don't shut you mouth,what European practice and all this shyt is all about,i still have match day programs from when i used to play for Defence Force and T&T,i kept them as souvenirs,they have pictures and highlights of the players from both teams etc etc and that was from back in the 70's,i can call many occasions afterwards when it had match programs,if people don't know or have never seen any in T&T i don't know where we attended Football.   

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »

thank you

johnf   

Why all you don't stop talking shyt sometimes,the man ask a sensible question if you don't know why you don't shut you mouth,what European practice and all this shyt is all about,i still have match day programs from when i used to play for Defence Force and T&T,i kept them as souvenirs,they have pictures and highlights of the players from both teams etc etc and that was from back in the 70's,i can call many occasions afterwards when it had match programs,if people don't know or have never seen any in T&T i don't know where we attended Football.   

The TTFF had match programmes for the 2002 world cup campaign. I still have one from the home game we played against Honduras in the hex in 2001. It was a nice informative lil booklet...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »
Coops, Guys

I remenber some of the match programs from the 70's when then foreign teams used to come and also Olimpics games match program. But like someone said TTFF only print match programs for "sell-out" games.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »
lol
the only one I've ever seen was the June 1, 2008 v England

yuh know.  Ticket prices will have to raise for that, unless Jack could get some sponsors to cover the cost aka Free advertising they getting.  Its like at the soca monarch competition B-mobile and coca cola be giving out free water bottles, hats, etc.  So it wouldnot take much to have a few page print outs with player lineups and rosters with a full blown ad page of coca cola or b-mobile with it.  Hope the new TTFF marketing team think of that too

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »
Extra credit for anyone that has one of these:

Football Souvenier Brochure
Date Published: 1955-06-03
Source: Jamaica Gleaner

A SOUVENIR Brochure to commemorate the current visit of the English Football Association team to Trinidad, has been issued by the Shell-Leaseholds Distributing Co. Ltd. of Port-of-Spain.

The brochure contains 17 pages of illustrations with accompanying short histories of the members of the touring team and of Sir Stanley Rous, secretary of the English Football Association since 1934.

The illustrated pages are the work of Trinidadian cartoonist Hu Sealy.

In the foreword, Commander Charles Hayward, president of the Trinidad Football Association, says in part:

"Every year, more and more of the world's top sporting talent is made available to Trinidad to engage our local sportsmen in the various branches of sport.

"This year we witness yet another great step forward in having in our midst, some of England's best football talent.

"While enjoying the spectacle of this, one of Trinidad's greatest sporting events, we will also be witnessing the result of great effort and personal sacrifice in bringing about such an event."

(more on the 1955 English FA tour)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2024, 09:52:07 AM »
Hello everyone -- back again after a long absence.

I was speaking with an Irish programme collector recently and he actually had a match programme from the time that the League of Ireland XI played in Trinidad in 1989 -- photos in attached link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C8DX5gs3bX4VMae2MGiSc3XNMwDyHQNf?usp=sharing

From the above posts, I guess that not many of these were produced, though maybe there was also one in 1964
https://web.archive.org/web/20120413074041/https://ttfootballhistory.com/node/3851
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:25:04 AM by theworm2345 »

1]; } ?>