April 26, 2024, 09:56:14 AM

Author Topic: Any ontario residents goin and check out wallenda  (Read 775 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Any ontario residents goin and check out wallenda
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »
I was goin and drive dong de road but since they forcin him to wear a tether it doh seem so death defyin and excitin no more

NIAGARA FALLS, Ont. - Final preparations are underway for daredevil Nik Wallenda's tightrope walk across Niagara Falls, Ont., on Friday.

The seventh-generation member of the Flying Wallendas, a circus act and daredevil stunt group, spent months getting the necessary permissions from Canada and the United States for the cross-border stunt.

Wallenda's stunt will merge two pop culture traditions -- his own family's death-defying feats on the high wire and the daredevil acts at Niagara Falls that date back more than 100 years.

Crews, who are now getting the cable ready for this historic event, told CityNews a helicopter will be brought in tonight to help string it across.

The high-flying walk will see Wallenda travel across the Falls for more than a half-kilometre with a more than 60-metre drop.

No one has ever walked directly over the Falls, and officials haven't allowed any tighttop acts in the area since 1896.

As many as 120,000 people are expected to take in this once-in-a-lifetime event.

It took an act of the New York Legislature and persistent lobbying of Canadian parks officials to make Wallenda's planned wire stunt a possibility.

The Niagara Parks Commission board gave its thumbs up to Wallenda in February, reversing an earlier decision against the stunt.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Any ontario residents goin and check out wallenda
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:26:31 AM »
no plans ... it go be too crowded. So no tether? consistent with all the safety rules we have to observe in Ontario I suppose.

i prefer Niagara-on-the-lake for lunch and wine
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »
I remember watching "The Flying Wallendas" as a child on TV... when all ah dem fall off de pyramid and a couple die.  Yuh mean none ah dese seven generations wanted tuh be ah doctor... or mechanic?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »
I have a kinda twisted side oui.. I'll be kinda hoping for ah slip, so is bess I stay in Niagara on the lake and pick cherries with meh Bengali peeps!

Anyone ever go cherry picking and see how dem foreigners does advantage the trees.. all you can eat is the worst thing them farmers could have said. Ah ketch ah small man kapse out under ah tree one time oui.

1]; } ?>