March 28, 2024, 07:10:27 AM

Author Topic: Lakers Thread  (Read 45533 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lakers Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »
Boi ah wonder what Weary would say about this Lebron to Lakers move, ah remember how much she loved Lakers but disliked Lebron

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2018, 09:20:38 PM »
Boi ah wonder what Weary would say about this Lebron to Lakers move, ah remember how much she loved Lakers but disliked Lebron
True, LeBrick in LaLa Land...she would've supported everyone on the team except LeBron lol

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »
Only weary could answer that one, I remember how she couldn't stand Pau, I used to say to her "I know he's a soft player but he coming into his own", she would say nah, lol.  RIP sistren, hoping we bring home a championship soon  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2018, 05:26:42 AM »
Inexperienced Lakers starting to wear on LeBron

Just seven games into the season, LeBron James is starting to run out of patience with the mistakes of his young Los Angeles Lakers teammates.

The Lakers are 2-5 following a 124-120 loss at Minnesota on Monday night and have given up an average of 122.3 points per game, 29th in the league. The Lakers haven't been able to keep opponents off the boards -- they surrendered 20 offensive rebounds to the Timberwolves -- nor have they been able to shut them down on crucial possessions.

"We talk about patience but you can't have reoccurrence of the same thing," James told reporters after the loss to the Timberwolves. "If you are doing the same things over and over and over and expecting the same result then that's insanity.

"So we have to get better. We can't keep having the same mistakes over and over."

When James left an aging Cleveland team behind and signed with the Lakers in free agency in the offseason, he acknowledged he was moving to a young team that he would need to nurture and teach. Already, though, he's grown tired of losing.

"You probably don't want to be around when my patience runs out," added James, who turns 34 in December. "I'm serious."

The Lakers' young core -- Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma -- has shown potential but James expects more from the Lakers.

"We got to figure it out," James said. "It is not one guy. We are all in this together, so, we got to figure it out. We got another one on Wednesday (against Dallas) on our home floor and we got to be really good."

For his part, James is ninth in the NBA in scoring, averaging 27.6 points per game. He is tied for third in minutes played with an average of 36.0.

--Field Level Media

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »
This Antony Davis saga causing real drama. If he end up on Lakers I feel it will cause some bacchanal similar to the Chris Paul trade.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2019, 06:58:58 PM »
LeBron James, Lakers Suffer Disappointing 118-109 Loss to Last-Place Suns

The Los Angeles Lakers' season reached a new low point as they fell 118-109 to the NBA's worst team, the Phoenix Suns, on Saturday at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823197-lebron-james-lakers-suffer-disappointing-118-109-loss-to-last-place-suns?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »

The Los Angeles Lakers' season reached a new low point as they fell 118-109 to the NBA's worst team, the Phoenix Suns, on Saturday at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823197-lebron-james-lakers-suffer-disappointing-118-109-loss-to-last-place-suns?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
Don't look like playoffs is possible this year. Royal you're a basketball man, do you think LBJ and his team are affecting the young players on the team? Our future looks bright in 3-5 years but in order to keep James happy, they tried to get rid of 5 good young players and a 1st round draft pick to get Anthony Davis. Madness! Since that trade talk surfaced everything went in a downward spiral just as they were starting to gel.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2019, 10:49:19 PM »

Don't look like playoffs is possible this year. Royal you're a basketball man, do you think LBJ and his team are affecting the young players on the team? Our future looks bright in 3-5 years but in order to keep James happy, they tried to get rid of 5 good young players and a 1st round draft pick to get Anthony Davis. Madness! Since that trade talk surfaced everything went in a downward spiral just as they were starting to gel.

Agreed. However they would get rid of Luke Walton.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2019, 11:27:01 PM »
What a difference a season makes. Basketball is back in Los Angeles something that the fans are accustomed to,through thick and thin they supported the team all the way and now... spring is gonna be exciting. Season record thus far is 21 wins and 3 losses.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2019, 10:50:11 AM »
When the LA LA hits ya!  RIP Weary, laker sistren
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »
RIP Kobe.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2020, 08:18:33 PM »
Very Rough day for the Laker faithful, RIP Kobe and all those who lost their lives today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2020, 07:52:09 AM »
My favorite athlete of all time! RIP Kobe, will always be a legend in my book.
RIP to Gianna and the other lives lost, heartbreaking.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2020, 07:59:03 PM »
My favorite athlete of all time! RIP Kobe, will always be a legend in my book.
RIP to Gianna and the other lives lost, heartbreaking.

Very heart wrenching sooo sudden, makes you ask questions about life. Today you’re here tomorrow you’re gone. Life is like a vapor

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2020, 06:09:41 AM »

RIP to a legend - Kobe Bryant

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2020, 12:31:43 PM »
Watching all these Kobe stories before his memorial today have me thinking (Laker bias aside), has there been an athlete to have such an impactful legacy worldwide after they've passed away like the way Kobe did? I'm actually surprised to see how many people were fans of his, I thought he had more haters. It's funny to see how many of them are still grieving and are still in shock up to this day, I thought it was just me.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2020, 07:38:32 PM »
WATCH: Michael Jordan eulogizes Kobe Bryant like a boss.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y1zlbsG_wk8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y1zlbsG_wk8</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2020, 07:48:05 AM »
Credit to MJ for sure, pure class :applause:
I really hope the internet gives him a pass on this crying meme lol

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2020, 12:08:09 AM »
****************************L.A.LAKERS 2020 NBA CHAMPS********************************
******************************ITS SHOWWW TIMEEE*************************************
******************************ITS SHOWWW TIMEEE*************************************
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>