April 25, 2024, 12:45:53 AM

Author Topic: Life Sport programme Thread.  (Read 36227 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Life Sport programme Thread.
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
I doubt that was before the marriage.
Study the fact that they not even married a full year yet.
And the names being called could only have reference to the 201 video.

Look like this was for spite. Was done with disrespect in mind . The kicks was reading yesterday the Guardian article from when they were newlywed. Lawd have mercy.

Amery Browne brought up something I didnt think about. If this hit could be ordered based on this video....what could have happened to the girls that were in the 201 video to keep them quiet? Considering the fact that he probably was unaware of being recorded...and it possible that elements that could be criminal could be employed....
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2014, 12:50:56 PM »

Look like this was for spite. Was done with disrespect in mind . The kicks was reading yesterday the Guardian article from when they were newlywed. Lawd have mercy.

Amery Browne brought up something I didnt think about. If this hit could be ordered based on this video....what could have happened to the girls that were in the 201 video to keep them quiet? Considering the fact that he probably was unaware of being recorded...and it possible that elements that could be criminal could be employed....

Move to the head of the class Bourbon!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
I eh feelin sorry 4 that foul mouth fella. As 4 Amery Brown he eh realize that we as a society but Anil in power knowin how he is. So we wanted that kind of character in our govt.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2014, 04:25:04 AM »

Move to the head of the class Bourbon!  :beermug:
By now I thought everybody who wanted to would have seen the video. It's too raw to post here.

Basically Lurbz say at the start of the clip "Kevaughn and Snaneee..... eff you Anil , this is my wife"  then a little by play between him and the girl who is lying on a bed naked skin up. He proceeds to lick de thing.

Capo this should interest you. She have a bush.... not common for the younger ladies eh ?

With the ego Anil have the hit attempt is not surprising.

BTW ah hear that the house in La Estancia was bought for 5 million in CASH !!!
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2014, 06:53:03 AM »
Ex-Life Sport official begs PM for help.
T&T Newsday Reports.

A former Supervisor at the now defunct Life Sport programme yesterday begged Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to intervene as she claimed she and other officials have not been paid for the month of July.

The Prime Minister in a speech in Parliament on July 25 had cancelled the controversial programme following revelations in an audit of massive corruption and irregularities.

But the ex-official who declined to give her full name, said she worked at the Point Fortin centre and has several outstanding bills needed to be paid.

The woman produced a letter from a popular local furniture store in which the company indicated they will be repossessing an item for failure to pay the terms of the hire purchase.

“The Prime Minister needs to know what is going on. I don’t care how much they thief but there are innocent ones among the guilty. Why must we have to pay for them? We didn’t thief $34 million. We want we money,” she said.

The ex-Life Sport Supervisor argued that the Prime Minister has been helping others and wishes she could come to their aid as well.

“Churches getting money, baby grant getting money but where we money?” she asked incredulously.

She continued, “The Prime Minister doesn’t know what is going on. (Minister of National Security Gary Griffith just playing with it (the issue). They have to pay us before Christmas.”

Mrs Richards claimed that she received calls from the Ministry of National Security about two months ago, enquiring about the particulars of the centre including number of participants and lunches served but since then nothing has been forthcoming.

Efforts to contact the Minister of National Security yesterday proved futile.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »
Nah Pro,

that vid was before he meet the girl.

Before who meet who? Are you saying the vid was made before Anil met his wife?

Well if you are, it don't make much sense because the DJ actually called Anil's name in the video and cheekily said that Anil's wife is now his wife.

Do you honestly believe that that video was made before Anil met and married his wife VB? Are you really that gullible?

That video was obviously done with the wife's full consent in revenge for the horn that she publicly got from Anil in the 2 pull ganja video. And she probably even encouraged the DJ to share it with his friends after allowing him to film it.

Lesson here again is if yuh cyah take horn then doh give! Ah horn is ah horn only if yuh take it on!! And Anil rell take it on because he put a hit out on the DJ and for that he should make some jail time as far as I am concerned.

Sorry trying to type at work.

I was going to say before he married her. I was basing that on the fact that the imps say the time stamp on the vid would validate that point. However, I eh see no time stamp so I might have to reserve judgement.

What kinda ass does horn and let ppl take video if yuh husband is a public figure.

Spare a though for Anil's children who must be in highschool. The gossip and picong.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »
I can't understand this. Was this done before Anil get married?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2014, 09:15:31 PM »

Unlikely... yuh eh hear the DJ fella say "this is my wife"?  He eh say "woman", he say "wife"... that was pretty specific, indicating that he was telling Anil that his wife was "my wife."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »

Unlikely... yuh eh hear the DJ fella say "this is my wife"?  He eh say "woman", he say "wife"... that was pretty specific, indicating that he was telling Anil that his wife was "my wife."

Wow, Dj man real friggin brave. Case of lower head controlling the upper head.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 08:19:19 AM »

Wow, Dj man real friggin brave. Case of lower head controlling the upper head.

If Anil publicly horn his wife in the Two Pull Ganja video then tried to deny it was him in the video with the agreement of the Prime Minister then don't you think his wife is within her right to publicly horn Anil back?

I think she put the DJ up to it and probably asked him to film the "revenge horn" and to also share the video with his friends so that the news gets back to Anil. The DJ was brave but I don't think he was stupid unless he knew that Anil was brave and stupid enough to try to kill him and so risk making a very long jail sentence if he is caught.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:24:22 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2014, 09:14:10 AM »
I eh saying what Anil did was right. She should have walked and leave him stranded. She young and could have gotten any man. I guess she can get all the men in TT now. But to each his own. I am glad this hit failed. It brings to light the depth and length, we Trinis of this generation will go to settle a score. It also show how people in high places in TT, can get away with doing wrong. Including murder. No wonder most of the murderers kill with impunity. This episode was a rare exception to the rule. Well if it is proven that Anil put out the hit.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:56:05 AM by Deeks »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
Pro, now I remember why I said "it was before they meet."

I was referring to the two skettel video. Ppl were referring to that in Parliament and TT about a year before it came out.
If I remember correctly the ex MOS met his wife and six months later married. Her, thus, the skettel video could most likely have been before the met her and certainly before marriage.

Having said that the "this is my wife video," could be a revenge horn for any transgression or maybe just plain horn. But certainly not because skettel video happened while they were married.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »
There is a FB page with the ex MOS name on it as his. On that page he linked to another page by the name of "I like to be used as a slut for my wife's bull."

It has over 100 likes.

Before ppl go overboard and say this is him. Remember he's a public figure and this may just be a joke or character assassination on someone's part.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »
Pro, now I remember why I said "it was before they meet."

I was referring to the two skettel video. Ppl were referring to that in Parliament and TT about a year before it came out.
If I remember correctly the ex MOS met his wife and six months later married. Her, thus, the skettel video could most likely have been before the met her and certainly before marriage.

Having said that the "this is my wife video," could be a revenge horn for any transgression or maybe just plain horn. But certainly not because skettel video happened while they were married.

VB

I got you now VB.

Maybe Anil's wife believes that he is still running around after skettels despite their marriage and decided that the "video horn" was fair and justified revenge.

What is clear is that the video was done with Anil's wife full knowledge and consent.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:31:20 PM by Socapro »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 03:54:44 PM »
i used to tutor a girl who was attending that uwi school in the back of st augustine there with anil's wife at the time...was her parents pushing her into the marriage with Anil...she didnt even want to but relented under pressure...so..d horn isnt a surprise

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »
Just dis thread alone is ah kaiso writer's dream ...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
Just dis thread alone is ah kaiso writer's dream ...

Meh padnah just had the same thing to say. According to him ".......... and Calypso season just around the corner."

VB

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2014, 06:50:07 AM »
i used to tutor a girl who was attending that uwi school in the back of st augustine there with anil's wife at the time...was her parents pushing her into the marriage with Anil...she didnt even want to but relented under pressure...so..d horn isnt a surprise

If that true her parents are wicked people.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2014, 08:39:06 AM »
i used to tutor a girl who was attending that uwi school in the back of st augustine there with anil's wife at the time...

bess school.
whey boy!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
fella dive een that pangola like he hunting truffles

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2015, 05:10:54 AM »
Former Life Sport director attacks Govt online.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Claims to have info on Dana’s murder

A former Life Sport director, Ruth Marchan has now taken to making a stream of serious allegations against the Government online and in a letter to Jack Warner. Marchan disappeared last June, going to a ‘safe house’ provided by the former national security minister and Independent Labour Party leader.

Weeks later, she allegedly fled the country amid threats on her life. She remained under the radar for the better part of seven months, but resurfaced on social media sites in the first week of the new year making incriminating comments about the Government, the unsolved assassination of Senior Counsel Dana Seetahal and the $34 million paid to a single contractor under the now defunct Life Sport programme.

Marchan also e-mailed Warner last week from her hiding place to warn of an underworld plot to assassinate him. According to the e-mail, Marchan is in dire financial straits and in need of Warner’s assistance to hire a lawyer and help pay her rent. Warner, in a brief interview with the Sunday Guardian, confirmed that he had received the e-mail from Marchan and that he was convinced it was her and not some electronic ploy.

“She has pleaded with me for assistance both in terms of additional security and finance. I did this for her before and I am prepared to do so again because of what she is going through is wrong,” Warner said. Marchan’s letter to Warner, which was sent from her new e-mail address on January 10, asks for the assistance, lists details of Seetahal’s murder plot, and alleges one very tech-savvy former Life Sport contractor was retained to conduct electronic spying and set up foreign accounts for some clients.

“Behind close doors he is doing all their dirty work spying on top officials and undermining the State in a lot of areas,” she said. She claimed a local who was linked to the JFK bombing had his records cleaned up by this Government before he came back to T&T and was able to get lucrative business deals. Marchan made allegations against four senior government ministers in her letter to Warner. She also implicated a former government official in Seetahal’s assassination in her letter.

“(Name called) was given the official job to implement the plot on Dana,” she said. Marchan goes into detail about who else assisted the official by “housing” the hired guns at a private home in the West. She defended the people hired to carry out the murder, saying that they were “innocent.”

“For them is a job, the ground is innocent,” she said. She named five people behind the plot and every name linked back to the Life Sport programme in one way or another. “All that went on with lifesport and its connection with Dana Seetahal and a lot more wrong doing with the bring in of durgs (sic) and guns into the country,” she said. “I was told I have to stay away until after the elections...” she said.

She said with all the information she had “it is not safe” for her to be back in the country as she believed there would be an attempt on her life. But she wanted to hire a lawyer to help build a case against the State with respect to her involvement in Life Sport. “The lawyer I need we will win the state for all i have been through. I am innocent... I need a lawyer to represent me as well. I have a lot of grounds to sue the state on more that three situations that occur,” she told Warner.

This is not the first time Marchan has turned to Warner for help. At the height of the Life Sport debacle, Warner came to Marchan’s rescue after her own body guard, Curtis “Tallman” Gibson, was killed in his bed. Marchan said she was ready to talk and to provide the necessary evidence. While Warner did not reveal if he had handed Marchan’s letter over to the police, the Sunday Guardian revealed the contents of the letter to National Security Minister Gary Griffith yesterday.

Griffith said he was apprised of Marchan’s comments on the social media site and the alleged death threats made against Warner. “But I have to be very careful not to overstep my boundaries on any matter that is part of a police investigation,” Griffith said yesterday.

Griffith said he was also aware that the police investigations into the criminal aspects of the matter were ongoing. “Where there is a criminal offence, the police will continue investigations,” Griffith said, adding that he would continue to keep abreast of the situation.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2015, 08:19:42 AM »
Where there is smoke, there is..........who is in charge of connecting the dots? Which minister taking the lead? MOS or AG?  Who stepping up to take a stance? From the files of today's
Trinidad Express
January 182015
Police probe into LifeSport far from over

It took three months for the Ministry of Finance’s Central Au­dit Committee to conduct an audit into the Minis­try of Sport’s Life­Sport programme, which led to the pro­gramme being scrapped. But it will take much longer for the police to investigate the matter. Deputy Commissioner of Police Glen Hackett told the Sunday Express the investigation into the now-defunct programme will be long and pro­trac­ted. He said while the po­lice have recorded state­ments of several people, they “are basically still at the data-collecting stage”. “There are still docu­ments to be collec­ted,” he said. He said only after all those documents are col­lected, a strategic ana­ly­sis will be done as to the direction of the inves­ti­gation. “The investigation will be a long and protracted one because of the enor­mity of the spectrum. Life­Sport encompassed a wide range of com- panies and entities. We are in for a long haul with respect to this,” he said. The audit, which was laid in Par­lia­ment by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar on July 26 last year, was referred to the Direc­tor of Pub­lic Prose­cutions (DPP), the Attorney Gene­ral and the Trinidad and Toba­go Police Service. The audit had revealed Adolphus Daniell, through his com­pany EBeam Interact Ltd, was solely selected to provide mathe­matics, English and technology lessons to the parti­cipants of LifeSport in 2012. But while he was paid $34 million, no work was ever done. On July 28, Attorney Gen­eral Anand Ramlo­gan had said: “I am par­ticularly disturbed about any payments made in respect of contracts for which there was no work, and if restitution is an option, then legal redress will be pursued.  I am in the process of reviewing the report and if there are grounds for civil action, then I will most certainly explore and pursue.” Ramlogan subse­quent­ly retained Debo­rah Peake SC to provide an opinion on the matter of the EBeam contract. On Friday when the Sunday Express emailed Ramlogan for an update on the matter, he respon­ded: “I have re­ceived the legal opi­ni­on. Unfor­tu­nate­ly, I am unable to divulge the contents of it, in light of the sen­sitive investiga­tions into this matter.” When the Sunday Express queried whether he would initiate any civil proceedings based on the content of the opinion he received, Ramlogan did not respond. When he assumed office, Ram­logan initiated civil proceedings against directors of several State boards such as the University of Tri­nidad and Tobago (UTT), eTecK, Petrotrin and the Urban Development Corporation (UDeCOTT), in a bid  to recover taxpayers’ dollars.    Ruth’s Facebook Affair   But one person who’s not stay­ing quiet about the state of the inves­tigations is Ruth Marchan, deputy director of Physical Education and Sport at the Ministry of Sport. In the past week, Marchan has been vocal on social media platform Facebook, discussing LifeSport, former LifeSport co-ordinator Rajaee Ali and the murder of former senior counsel Dana Seetahal. “It is too sensitive to bring all to the public. I just trying to open peo­ple eyes behind the scene of what is taking place. My issue really is the killing of innocent people to silence them,” she wrote on Facebook. “I am very strong-minded, and all who tried to hurt me will get back their medicine. I am deadly, that is why I come out talking.” In June, Marchan gave an inter­view to the Sunday Express after she claimed her life was under threat by officials at the Ministry of Sport. An armed man, identified only as “Tall Man”, accompanied her.  Tall Man, whose real name was Curtis Gibson, was killed four days after the interview. In that interview, Marchan had claimed (in an Express investi­ga­­­tive series on the Jamaat and Life­Sport) officials at the Ministry of Sport and the Opposition People’s National Movement (PNM) had con­trived to bring down the minis­try’s permanent secretary, Ashwin Creed, herself, her then line minister Anil Roberts and the Government by exposing the LifeSport programme.  She had said the success of the pro­- gramme made it, and her, a target. “They targeted the LifeSport. To prove that we are recruiting criminals and using State funding, funding these criminals through the LifeSport to buy guns and ammunition,” she had said. The Sunday Express understands while Marchan had initially sought Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner’s help following the LifeSport scandal, she was under police custody for months. However, the Sunday Express learnt Marchan has since left the safe house provided by police.   

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2015, 06:23:03 PM »
BTW Anil Roberts appeared at the funeral of journalist Marcia Henville. All this talk about no one can find him is now rubbish

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2015, 08:37:53 PM »
Just in case yuh didnt hear me before....anything coming out of this dead. Here's further reason why I feel so.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Creed-goes-to-PMs-office-293308531.html

CREED IS BACK IN PM’S OFFICE
Ex-sport ministry PS returns to work tomorrow

By By Asha Javeed
Story Created: Feb 21, 2015 at 9:18 PM ECT
Story Updated: Feb 21, 2015 at 9:18 PM ECT
Former permanent secretary in the Ministry of Sport Ashwin Creed resumes work tomorrow as a permanent secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister.

Creed was the permanent secretary in the Ministry of Sport when the LifeSport debacle took place and following an audit conducted by the Ministry of Finance’s Central Audit Committee, he has been on vacation leave since last year.

The audit uncovered that LifeSport was plagued with fraud, mismanagement, theft, questionable payments and other illegal activities and is now the subject of investigations by the Integrity Commission and the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service.

A copy of the audit was also forwarded to head of the Public Service Reynold Cooper for review.

As the ministry’s accounting officer, Creed was ultimately in charge of the disbursement of public funds.

He had publicly stated his intention to proceed on pre-retirement leave and not resume duties as a permanent secretary.

However, last month he wrote to Cooper indicating his intention to resume duties when his leave comes to an end.

Cooper, in a telephone interview on Friday, confirmed to the Sunday Express that Creed would be joining him at the OPM tomorrow.

He said Creed had been on vacation leave and was entitled to resume work until his retirement later this year.

Asked if he would feel comfortable with Creed resuming duties as an accounting officer, given the millions of dollars that went missing from the Ministry of Sport, Cooper responded: “I will be here.”

Cooper confirmed to the Sunday Express that he had read the copy of the audit but did not make any recommendations to the Public Service Commission chairman or board on the matter.

“Remember the report gives the findings of the auditors. The principal of natural justice provides for a person named in the report must be given a fair hearing before any decision is taken,” Cooper said.

When the Sunday Express pointed out that the audit raised concern about accounting practices in the Ministry, Cooper replied: “Each PS, as the accounting officer of the ministry is personally and pecuniary responsible for all expenditure under his/her control and is accountable to the Ministry of Finance and the Economy and the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament. As PS to the PM I am only responsible for expenditure under my control not other ministries.”

When the Sunday Express asked Cooper to explain why Creed wanted to come back out to work, he directed those questions to Creed.

The Sunday Express was unable to contact Creed.

A text message was also sent to his attorney Peter Taylor seeking comment but no response was forthcoming.

The Sunday Express was told that a conflict may exist with Creed’s re-appointment given that his sister, Anastacia Creed, is the director of Public Administration.

Creed has taken the Ministry of Finance to court seeking a judicial review into the findings of the LifeSport audit and that matter is still before the courts.

Asked to comment on Creed’s return to work, Finance Minister Larry Howai on Friday responded: “I have absolutely no knowledge of Mr Creed returning to Office. I shall certainly look into it right away.”

Howai maintained that the audit “was turned over to the Police, the Director of Public Prosecutions and to the Integrity Commission and was being followed up by the Office of the AG. I have not been involved in the matter since as I expect these institutions to carry out their responsibility from there.”

But pressed by the Sunday Express yesterday for an answer as to whether he was comfortable with Creed being an accounting officer at the Office of the Prime Minister, Howai responded: “Sounds like a leading question but in short I am advised that he would not be assigned to any ministry as an accounting officer. To answer your question directly (et ceteris paribus), I would not be comfortable with him as an accounting officer.”

Creed is due to retire from the Public Service in July. He has been absent from the Ministry of Sport since April last year and went on official leave on May 13, 2014.

The Express had reported that Creed fled the country after he received threats against his life for the execution of the LifeSport programme.

His official reason was to deal with family business out of the country.

He was expected back at work on July 1, 2014 but requested additional leave until July 31.

Last July, Creed’s lawyer, Taylor, said his client would return to work: “He instructs that when his business abroad is completed he will be available.”

However, on July 25 Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar laid the LifeSport audit in Parliament and Creed opted to go on pre-retirement leave.

Creed and three former directors of the LifeSport programme—Cornelius Price, Theodore Charles and Ronnell Barclay—have filed for judicial review of the audit into the now defunct programme.

The team of four’s legal team is headed by Taylor is seeking legal costs from Government, damages for and/or injury to the claimant’s respective reputations; general damages; interest and any other relief as the court deems fit and appropriate.

In affidavits filed by Creed and Price, both stated they were not given the opportunity to respond to the concerns unearthed by the CAC during the audit they undertook on the recommendation of Persad-Bissessar.

They both argue that the CAC exceeded the mandate outlined by the Prime Minister.

Persad-Bissessar did not respond to a text query from the Sunday Express yesterday.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2015, 05:20:25 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/CREED--PMS-PICK-293766651.html

CREED PM’S PICK
Acting on advice of Public Service head...

By Ria Taitt Political Editor
Story Created: Feb 23, 2015 at 10:14 PM ECT
Story Updated: Feb 23, 2015 at 10:14 PM ECT
It was the Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar who, acting on a recommendation from the Head of the Public Service and Permanent Secretary to the Prime Minister, Reynold Cooper, moved Ashwin Creed from the Sport Ministry and assigned him to the Office of the Prime Minister as a Permanent Secretary.

Asked yesterday who had the constitutional authority to transfer Creed from the Ministry of Sport to the Prime Minister’s Office, Cooper said according to Section 121, subsection 6 of the Constitution, that power resides with the Prime Minister.

“That is the constitutional position. But what would happen is that I would go to the Prime Minister and say, ‘Listen, we have a vacancy here (in the Prime Minister’s office). Because there is a PS in all the ministries. There is currently no ministry out there without a PS. So if he is coming back in, you have to make room for him and there is a vacancy here in the Office of the Prime Minister, so he is being placed in a vacant position. And I was the one who said, ‘Listen, put him here because there is a vacancy’,” he said.

Quoting Section 121, subsection 6, Cooper said: “The power to make appointments on transfer to the following offices shall vest in the Prime Minister a) Any office of Permanent Secretary from one such office to another such office carrying the same salary”.

This contrasts with statements made on Sunday by Communications Minister Vasant Bharath who had said the Prime Minister and the Government had no power to intervene in this issue.

Cooper said placing Creed in any other ministry would have meant a certain measure of disruption, since a PS (in whatever other ministry he went to) would have had to be moved.

“The Office of the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Finance and the Economy are the only two ministries with more than one Permanent Secretary,” Cooper stated.

However, Cooper said Creed was not the accounting officer in the Prime Minister’s office, it was he (Cooper), the more senior officer and the substantive Permanent Secretary to the Prime Minister.

“There is only one accounting office in every ministry. You can’t have four persons dipping into one pool of money,” Cooper said, adding that this would be a recipe for confusion.

Under the Exchequer and Audit regulation, it is the Minister of Finance who selects the accounting officer in each ministry, he stated.

Cooper also explained the Public Service Commission (PSC) was not involved in this matter because Creed was on vacation leave, not pre-retirement leave.

Cooper said Creed went on vacation in May/June of last year. He said while Creed was on vacation leave he wrote to the director of Human Resources in the Ministry of Sport indicating that he wanted to retire with immediate effect.

The director stated he could not retire immediately because he was on vacation leave and that his retirement therefore takes effect at the end of the vacation leave, which was supposed to end in April of this year.

However, Cooper said Creed in January called him to say he wanted to revoke that letter (which he had requested immediate retirement) and he wanted to come back out to work.

“And, I told him, ‘Okay, give me enough time,’ because I wanted to make sure that I had a position available. Because remember he was on leave and while he was on leave, someone was placed at the Ministry of Sport (as Permanent Secretary). And he have a new Minister (of Sport). To disrupt the flow of things after the new Minister has gotten accustomed (to that PS)...”.

Cooper said people were looking at Creed’s assignment to the Office of the Prime Minister as a “clandestine thing” but it was nothing like that.

However, Creed, who was originally due to return to work yesterday, has requested additional time to attend to some personal business,

“He said he would call me to let me know,” Cooper said, when asked when exactly Creed would be reporting for duty.

Told that Creed appeared to have tremendous flexibility in determining when he would report for duty, Cooper said: “He would probably call me tomorrow. I won’t force him... it is a human being that I am dealing with... He called and said he had some things he was doing and he needed some time.”

Cooper continued: “He was due to come out on Monday, but he decided not to.”

Cooper said Creed will be 59 years old this April. He said if he had retired this year as he originally requested, it would have been a voluntary retirement because compulsory retirement for him—that is at the age of 60—would be due in April, 2016.

Cooper said this was why the PSC did not have to sign off on anything because Creed was on vacation leave. And it was not even vacation leave prior to retirement, since Creed’s vacation leave was ending a whole year before his retirement date (of April 2016), Cooper noted.

He said in the Public Service one can accumulate vacation up to 90 days, after which one has to get the permission of the Permanent Secretary or in the case of a Permanent Secretary, the Head of the Public Service.

Creed and LifeSport

Ashwin Creed was the Permanent Secretary and accounting officer in the Ministry of Sport during the entire period of the LifeSport scandal.

The controversial programme which absorbed over $400 million in taxpayers money, was disbanded following damning findings of the Ministry of Finance’s Central Audit Committee (CAC).

That audit concluded that LifeSport was plagued with fraud, mismanagement, theft, questionable payments and other illegal activities. The report was referred by the Prime Minister to the Integrity Commission, the Commissioner of Police and the Director of Public Prosecutions for further investigations.

As Permanent Secretary Creed had financial responsibility for the disbursement of funds in the ministry, which had oversight of the programme. He had the power to intervene to deal with any abuses on the programme, but such abuses went unchallenged by the ministry. One such abuse was the payment of $34 million to one contractor, Adolphus Daniell, for doing absolutely nothing. That contractor has refused to return the money.

Creed left the country suddenly on May 13, 2014, after alleged death threats against his life for the execution of the LifeSport programme. He has said, however, that he was on leave at the time.

Creed and three former directors of the LifeSport programme have filed for judicial review of the Report of the CAC. Then sport minister Anil Roberts resigned following the tabling of the report of the CAC.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »

Rowley on Creed

Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley says there are several questions surrounding the return of Ashwin Creed to the Public Service. He says, despite statements made by the Minister of Communications, the Prime Minister has a crucial role to play in this latest development.

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-Rowley-on-Creed--2933----293775061.html

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2015, 02:55:22 AM »
$3 million to audit LifeSport bobol
By Nalinee Seelal (Newsday)

FOUR local accounting firms are charging TT $3million to carry out an audit of the controversial Life Sport Programme set up under the previous administration which was the brain child of former Minister of Sport Anil Roberts.

Newsday understands that the four firms have sent proposals to the Acting Police Commissioner each charging an estimated $3million to carry out the audit.

However the acting Commissioner sent the proposal to the Attorney General two weeks ago to be guided on the matter. The office of the Attorney General is expected to look at the proposal and advise the police on which firm would be best suited for the job. Newsday understands that the Police Service will foot the cost of the audit and the money will come from the police vote. Each year after the national budget is presented the police service is allocated monies to assist them in running the organisation.

According to well placed sources police officers assigned to the probe one year ago had been advised that an audit should be carried out to assist them in the investigation. This resulted in several local accounting firms being contacted and proposals were then sent to the police service.

In the interim a police team led by ACP Carlton Alleyne have been interviewing several persons in connection with the probe.

Checks revealed yesterday that former Minister of Sport Anil Roberts and other high profile members of the Ministry of Sport are yet to be interviewed.

Newsday understands that when the police service had first asked for an audit of the Life Sport Programme the Ministry of Sport had agreed to pay for the audit.

However they decided at the last minute, prior to the general election that they could not cover the $3million cost for the audit and the police service was again saddled with incurring the cost.

More than one year ago, former Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar asked her then Minister of Finance Larry Howai to carry out an audit of the Life Sport Programme. The result of the audit was then laid in Parliament and the matter was referred to the Acting Commissioner for a police probe as well as the Integrity Commission.

It is estimated that millions of dollars were stolen form the Life Sport and records have since indicated that a lot of fraudulent documents were tendered to secure large amounts of cash from the programme.

Among the beneficiaries were unknown contractors, the owner of a school, soldiers, and a man identified as the leader of a gang in East Trinidad. A former official of the Life Sport Programme even went into hiding, claiming that her life had been threatened.

Yesterday sources revealed that police investigators have in their possession a room filled with documents seized from Life Sport offices but they cannot do anything with the documents because they are not trained to peruse those documents to detect fraudulent activities.

Up until yesterday the Integrity Commission has not made public the outcome of their own findings.

The Life Sport Programme was discontinued under the previous administration after it was discovered that there was rampant corruption and mismanagement.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2016, 10:19:32 AM »
Whaaaaat! Ah jes turn on de radio to hear Spalk spitting fire as if on a campaign platform. Who rouse de jep nest?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nzUOZdX2fvo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nzUOZdX2fvo</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2016, 01:13:14 PM »
A victory based on procedural defects rather than on the merits/substance of the case.

That should provide Mr. Warner with a comforting thought.

1]; } ?>