April 26, 2024, 02:08:11 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 172528 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #750 on: August 15, 2014, 02:12:17 PM »
Pre-Season Update:

The Sharks suffered their first loss of the season to the National U20 team (1-0). The U20 scored on a counter attack with a brilliant rifled shot into the roof of the net in the second half. At half time coach Vranes made numerous changes to the team by sending on the trialists. The game itself lacked a bit of a spark and goal scoring chances were few and far between as the game progressed.

Starting line-up: Williams, Benjamin, Oliver, Francois, Gabriel, Mitchell, Paul, De Silva, Manners, Grovesnor, Marcano.

The National U20 line-up featured Central FC's Levi Garcia, Kevon Goddard and Javon Sample as well as recognizable faces in the likes of Matthew Woo Ling and Shannon Gomez.

Give us more juice info, what was the U20 line-up, any one stand out? :)

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 17, 2014, 10:43:23 PM »
Sharks attract attention in California

Children from California and Dow Village were kept busy for two weeks when Central F.C. held a free coaching clinic at the CALDRAC grounds. The clinic attracted more than two dozen local youngsters including children of employees of Phoenix Park Gas Processors Ltd.  Central FC's Director of Women Football and Youth Development, George Romano, explained “The clinic originally began as a one day session for children of employees working at PPGPL. The company has been extremely supportive with our women’s programme, including our recent All Female Football Camp. As a thank you for the support of Phoenix Park Gas Processors Ltd, we suggested holding an exclusive one day coaching clinic for their employee’s children.” Continue reading...http://centralfctt.com/Articles/article.php?r=49

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 17, 2014, 10:51:10 PM »
Pre-Season Update:

The Sharks suffered their first loss of the season to the National U20 team (1-0). The U20 scored on a counter attack with a brilliant rifled shot into the roof of the net in the second half. At half time coach Vranes made numerous changes to the team by sending on the trialists. The game itself lacked a bit of a spark and goal scoring chances were few and far between as the game progressed.

Starting line-up: Williams, Benjamin, Oliver, Francois, Gabriel, Mitchell, Paul, De Silva, Manners, Grovesnor, Marcano.

The National U20 line-up featured Central FC's Levi Garcia, Kevon Goddard and Javon Sample as well as recognizable faces in the likes of Matthew Woo Ling and Shannon Gomez.

Give us more juice info, what was the U20 line-up, any one stand out? :)

No one really if I am being honest. Shannon was consistent and Levi was very composed and threatened through the middle. Was more of a midfield battle throughout. The U20 carved out one or two opportunities but there were no sustained spells of possession or pressure.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 18, 2014, 01:11:32 PM »
U18/Reserves Highlights Preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zry49mRedQY

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 18, 2014, 04:13:19 PM »
Did they play any Champion's League football. I can't find a single Trinidadian team.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 18, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »
Did they play any Champion's League football. I can't find a single Trinidadian team.

There are no T&T teams in the Concacaf Champions League 2014 edition. W Connection and Central FC will be competing in the 2015 CFU Club Championship which works as the qualifiers for the 2015 Champions League.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 23, 2014, 04:00:14 AM »
Central FC attracting attention at coaching clinic
T&T Newsday

CHILDREN FROM California and Dow Village were kept busy for two weeks when Central FC held a free coaching clinic at the Caldrac Ground. The clinic attracted more than two dozen local youngsters including children of employees of Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited (PPGPL).

Central FC’s Director of Women Football and Youth Development, George Romano, explained, “the clinic originally began as a one-day session for children of employees working at PPGPL.

The company has been extremely supportive with our women’s programme, including our recent All Female Football Camp.

As a thank you for the support of Phoenix Park Gas Processors Ltd, we suggested holding an exclusive one-day coaching clinic for their employee’s children.”

Romano said that while the preparations were being made, it was suggested that the clinic be extended to include local children and become a five-day event.

“However,” said Romano, “after the third day we were attracting more children and several parents asked if we could continue into the following week. Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, PPGPL and SIS and the superb support given by Caldrac Cricket club, we decided to add a second week.”

The clinic was designed to be a basic introduction to football coaching with an emphasis on fun.

“We taught the children some basic exercises, ensuring they spent as much time with a ball at their feet as possible. For many, it was their first experience of a coaching school. At times, we tend to forget that football is a fun sport. There is too much emphasis on children playing to win.

“We like to keep the pressure off the youngsters and instead focus on individual ball skills which allow the children to set their own goals and give them a sense of achievement, whatever skill level they are at. Of course, we are keen to identify young prodigies for our youth programmes, but for most children, football gives them a chance to get some exercise and fresh air in a safe environment.”

Central FC managing director Brent Sancho said, “we have been asked many times to hold a coaching school in the heart of our community, but up to now we have worked in the Chaguanas area at Presentation College.

There is a strong community football network in California including a regular coaching school and we didn’t want to appear to be in competition with them.

“But it was nice to provide this for our friends and neighbours and we would like to continue to hold events here.”

Sancho said that one satisfying aspect of the clinic was that it involved local businesses. “Central FC has had great support from Phoenix Park Gas Processors Ltd over the last two years and, of course, Super Industrial Services has been our club sponsor since inception and has funded many community events. While we have held many events across the Central region, and further afield, it is nice to hold a local event for our own community with the support of local companies such as PPGPL and SIS.”

Romano added, “everyday we’ve had people sitting in the pavilion eating their lunch and watching us work and lots of cars slowing down to take note and giving Central FC a cheer. It’s so nice to be working right in the heart of our community and it was refreshing to me to feel how much this club has become a source of pride to the California people.”

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sharks capture Guerra again
« Reply #757 on: August 25, 2014, 10:17:30 PM »
Sharks capture Guerra again.
Central FC Release.

Trinidad & Tobago’s influential midfielder, Ataullah Guerra signed on with Central F.C. yesterday, for another season.

Guerra, who joined The Sharks in January after returning from a spell in Finland, had a successful second half season which saw him score 6 goals in his 17 appearances, which coincided with Central’s 17 game unbeaten run.

“It’s great to be back as part of a winning team” said Guerra. “I’m determined to help the club to become Caribbean Club Champions and qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League”

Guerra said that he had considered returning overseas to continue his career, but once he decided to stay in Trinidad, he was only interested in one club.

“Central is a great club with big ambitions and great potential” said Guerra. “Although there were offers from overseas clubs, there is also a lot going on here in T&T to stay around for. I want to solidify my place on the national team and I believe that I need to play in front of Coach Hart every week in the Pro League to achieve this.

I was also concerned that many overseas players would not be called back for games. By returning to Central, I know that I can win trophies and keep in Coach Harts thoughts and, well, home is where the heart is – no joke intended! But I also know that Central will promote me overseas so that if I do decide to play outside Trinidad, the club will help me to move”

Central F.C. Managing Director revealed that the club had received inquiries from an MLS club earlier in the year.

“We spoke with Tulla about a possible move to the MLS, but he wanted to stay with us until the season ended. He was focused on Central reaching the Caribbean Club Championships.” said Sancho.

“Although we were pleased that Tulla stayed, we were surprised, as it was a big opportunity. But I think players are realising that currently, playing in the Pro League is the best route to representing T&T on the international stage, “added the former Socawarrior.

Sancho said that he was confident that this season will see players such as Leston Paul, Darren Mitchell and Sean de Silva becoming regular members of the national team squad.

“These boys are formidable players and haven’t yet had an opportunity to force their way into Coach Hart’s squads. But I can see all of them challenge for starting positions over the next few months.”

The former T&T defender concluded “Once again, we have put together a squad that has strength in depth. Players will have to be at their peak to force their way into Coach Vranes’ line up.

We are also still 100% Trini and we hope to see players such as Qian Grosvenor, Elijah Manners, Jean-Luc Rochford and Marcelle Francois raise their profiles and hopefully catch the eye of Coach Hart.”

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:09:34 AM by Flex »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 26, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
Glad to see Central retaining its top quality players - any others to be announced?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 03, 2014, 09:22:38 PM »
Central FC beat Super League outfit Real Maracas 4-0 tonight in a pre-season friendly. Jason Marcano has been a regular on the score sheet in this extended pre-season, but his heroics were not required in Maracas, St. Joseph. Sean De Silva scored a double with Nathaniel Garcia and the returning Dwight Quintero also notching a goal each.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #760 on: September 04, 2014, 06:28:27 PM »
Not sure if there's a 'Terry Fenwick' thread somewhere.

British Coaches Abroad: Terry Fenwick

Since playing for England at the World Cup, Terry Fenwick has managed in the Caribbean and Belgium. He talks about tropical life, amongst much more besides...

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9454326/British-Coaches-Abroad-Terry-Fenwick

Terry Fenwick is manager of CS Visé in the Belgian third division. The 54-year-old played for Crystal Palace, QPR, and Tottenham, among others, and also appeared for England in the 1986 World Cup. He spent ten years managing in Trinidad before taking the Visé job. Here, he talks about Caribbean adventures, winning trophies - and why his dad chased a Sunderland scout down the street...

I've got used to moving around. I'm from Seaham Harbour in County Durham, and I left home when I was 15 and a half, to move to Crystal Palace. For the first six months, I was so homesick, you wouldn't believe it. I couldn't get home quick enough. Every weekend, when I had the chance, I was on the rattler from Kings Cross to Durham to get home. But looking back, it was the best thing I did.

When I was young, Liverpool and Leeds were the top teams, and they both wanted to sign me. The Liverpool scout, Tom Saunders, had me over for the weekend. I met Bill Shankly and a star-studded dressing room before a match against Manchester City - fantastic, what an experience! On the other hand, Leeds just stuck a contract in the post, and never spoke to me. I found that incredible. But that was nothing compared to my local team.

I'd always wanted to sign for Sunderland. One day, their scout turned up at our front door. Problem was, he was drunk. Drunk! So my father chased him down the street. By contrast, Malcolm Allison, the manager of Palace, jumped on a flight to Teesside Airport, and watched me play on a cold and wet Wednesday night in November. He was in his fedora, sheepskin coat, stood on the side of the pitch with his chairman, Ray Bloye. He turned a harmless schoolboy match into the FA Cup final. So my father insisted I sign for Palace.

It was Bobby Robson that got me the job in Trinidad. Newcastle United had a pre-season tour there in 2000, and he was asked to recommend a coach for one of the local clubs. To my surprise, he threw my name in the hat. I went for a week, had a look, and 14 years later I was still there.

My first club was San Juan Jabloteh - which really rolls off the tongue - in the Trinidad top division. It was a community club, good support, but it was full of rascals. All the rebels of football were playing there. The culture was unbelievable; it was so far from professionalism it was untrue. So I cleared them out, and handpicked the best under-17 players in the country.

If you mention Caribbean players to anyone in Europe, the first thing they say is: "They're lazy, they turn up late, they can't get themselves into gear" all that sort of stuff. So from day one, the discipline I installed was quite severe. We had a squad of 26 players, and more than half were losing 50 percent of their salary in fines every month. But the penny soon dropped. It started severe, but by the end it was just a threat in the background - something I didn't need to use.

In my first season, 2001, we came fifth out of ten teams. The management were saying: "My God, things must turn round - it must be better than this in the second year." In my second year we won the league - and we did it with a team full of youngsters that have gone on to win caps, play in World Cups, and do really good things. From there, most youngsters in the country wanted to join my operation at San Juan Jabloteh. It was a nice experience and a nice story - very difficult in the beginning, but very rewarding in the end.

In 2003, I moved back (to England) to manage Northampton. Why oh why? It didn't work out, and in March 2005 I came back to Trinidad, and took the San Juan job. In November 2005, the national team qualified for the World Cup, and the following six months were probably the best time I'd ever spent in Trini. The public reaction to qualification was enormous, and sponsors were coming from all over the Caribbean. The players - most from high-risk backgrounds -were rewarded with a million dollars.

Trinidad is volatile. The crime and violence can be horrendous. And they were literally putting these players - with a million dollars in their pockets - on the streets. They were fair game for anyone. Most of these kids today, the million dollars has gone. Some of them are scraping to get by. They couldn't handle themselves, they didn't have good management, and overnight they became playboys, superstars. I put a lot of blame not just on the football federation, but the government. A lot of things should have been managed a lot better. It's a sad story.

In 2005, the rivalry between the top two clubs (San Juan and W Connection) spilled over. In one game against them, their main guy (Brazilian midfielder Gefferson Goulart) scored a terrific goal against us. For whatever reason, he ran 80 yards - not towards his own bench, but to me in my technical area. He was shouting abuse at the only white guy in the stadium. As he came into the technical area, I stepped into him, and I elbowed him, basically. Knocked him to the floor.

If you back off, you're a laughing stock, and they've taken the p*ss out of you. I stood my ground. I shouldn't have done it, it wasn't great, but actually it helped my reputation in Trinidad. I stood my ground for my team, my players and myself. Six or eight months later, people realised that it wasn't the right thing to do, but they understood the reasons behind it. (Fenwick was banned for ten matches; Goulart was banned for two matches for offensive behaviour).

We won back to back titles with San Juan in 2007 and 2008. Then about 18 months ago I joined Central (another team in Trinidad's top division) and qualified for the Concacaf Champions League, and won the FA Cup and Toyota Cup. On the 17 June, I arrived in Belgium.

The move had been on the cards for around four to six months. The people behind the club (CS Visé) had bought players from me in Trinidad in the past, so it was a nice pat on the back: "We recognise the development you've done, and now we'd like you to do the same in Europe, while keeping your ties with the Caribbean and Central America."

We're in the third division, but I hope to get promotion this year (Vise have two wins out of four this season). We're professional, we train every day, and many of the clubs in the league are part-time. The people running the club have allowed me to bring in several talented young players, despite the healthy development programme at CS Vise. I've brought four players from Trinidad, and if it goes well, I might be back for one or two stunning young players in the January window.

I will open the door (to Europe) to good players from the Caribbean. I run my own youth development programme in Trinidad called the Football Factory with my partner Mike Smith, and we get close to one thousand people - aged 6 to 36 - training each week. Believe me, they can play. I keep my ties in Trinidad - my wife's from there, we've got property, and one or two business interests.

We get a winter break (in Belgium) so I'm sure the wife and I will head back to get some sun. The first five weeks we were in Belgium, it was blistering sunshine. I thought I was still in the Caribbean. Since then the weather has turned - surprise surprise! The wife can't believe it - all she brought was bikinis. But I'm enjoying it in Belgium. There are good players around me, good staff, and we're working hard together.

I do believe I'm a very good coach. I came through under a top-class coach in Terry Venables, and a top man-manager in Sir Bobby Robson. But now I've bolted several things on. And I think when you're in a country on your own, as I was in Trinidad, it makes you grow up very quick. I think it's helped my man-management - it's more than just coaching, it's more than just a couple of hours on the training ground, it's about getting into people's lives and backgrounds. Psychologically, youngsters from the Caribbean are brittle. There needs to be trust, friendship and a bond to get the best out of these guys.

I'm not sure whether I'd want to move back to English football. Of course if a big club came in, I'd be mad not to. But the pressure is so immense in the UK, and most managers don't deserve the treatment they get. Working in Trinidad, where there's not the same pressure, there is time to work with players, and develop my skill-set. I'd love to put that to use with Vise, get them up the leagues, and maybe even knock on the door of the first division.

Interview by @owenamos for britishcoachesabroad.com.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central ‘Sharks’ get physical
« Reply #761 on: September 04, 2014, 09:03:42 PM »
Published:
Guardian. Thursday, September 4, 2014

In preparation for the upcoming 2014/2015 Digicel T&T Pro League season, the entire Central FC squad will undergo a full medical screening including an electrocardiograpgy (ECG), which is the recording of the electrical activity of the heart.

In a release from Kevin Harrison, the club’s operations director, it was stated that following on from the tragic deaths of former Central FC defender, Akeem Adams and Defence Force’s Kevon Carter, as well as recent heath scares including T&T’s women’s national team striker Kennya Cordner, Central FC with assistance from various sponsors, decided to team up with Health Net Caribbean Ltd to ensure that all 25 members of the squad receive these screenings.

More will be unveiled at a media conference today at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo from 10 am where Central FC’s club doctor, Dr Tonya Welch, and the club’s managing director, Brent Sancho will join Health Net’s CEO to explain the reasons for the screening, explain the various tests taking place and the health problems that may be detected by such examinations.

The conference will also include the launch of the Central FC “My Card” Medical and Merchant discount card which will provide a plethora of health discounts including doctor visits, dental, surgery, ultrasounds and physiotherapy as well as discounts for MovieTowne, Ruby Tuesday’s, Fens, Nigel F Khan, Booksellers and Value Optical.

It is hoped that these screenings will encourage other athletes, as well as members of the public, to take full medical screenings to detect any possible health problems.

“I do hope that you can attend as we feel this is an issue that should be in the public forum and we would hope that it motivates professional and amateur sports people to take action along with other T&T citizens,” Harrison said in the release.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Central ‘Sharks’ get physical
« Reply #762 on: September 04, 2014, 09:34:13 PM »
Big time Central :applause: :applause:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 04, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »
Good stuff!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 05, 2014, 12:43:14 PM »
Groundbreaking Central give players full medical screening

“A landmark day in the history of Central F.C. and Caribbean professional football” was how The Sharks CEO, Brent Sancho described today’s proceedings at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The California based TT Pro League club had arranged for their entire squad to receive medical screenings to ensure that the players had no pre existing health issues and were medically fit to begin their season. The screenings were carried out by HealthNet personnel and observed by Central F.C. club doctor, Dr Tonya Welch.

The initiative was sponsored by Chaguanas based insurance company, Banker’s Insurance. The screenings were arranged after Central F.C. approached Banker’s Insurance to provide accident insurance for their players. Sancho said “Last season, Central F.C. were probably the only football team in T&T, if not the Caribbean, to provide insurance for our players, thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, S.I.S.

This season, Banker’s Insurance has agreed to provide each of our players with $25,000 of accident cover and at least $100,000 of live cover. Banker’s Insurance has an excellent policy that suits professional sports teams perfectly to enable a club to provide first rate medical treatment in the event that athletes suffer injury, not only during games and training, but also when travelling to and from the sports event.”

Operations Director, Kevin Harrison said “During our discussions with Mr Gabriel at Bankers Insurance, we had mentioned that we had been in negotiations with HealthNet about providing these screenings to help detect any medical issues with our players. HealthNet has a superb medical discount plan that also provides many other benefits. Mr Gabriel agreed that Bankers Insurance would underwrite the costs of the screenings, a tremendous gesture for which we are grateful.” Harrison continued. “Mr Gabriel asked us what our greatest concern was over player’s health. Brent told him that his biggest worry was one of our players suffering a heart attack at training and dying before we could get him life saving treatment. We explained that while clubs must provide an ambulance for their home games complete with defibrillator, there is no defibrillator at training. We were staggered when Mr Gabriel then told us that Bankers Insurance would purchase a defibrillator for Central F.C.”

Harrison added “I truly hope that we never have to use this item, but the peace of mind that it will give our staff and players will be invaluable.”

Central F.C. also used the screenings to launch their revolutionary My Card discount plan which will provide many benefits for people in T&T. Not only does the card provide discounts for medical and dental treatment, it also allows discounts at a growing number of outlets such as Movie Towne and Ruby Tuesday.

“The Central F.C. MyCard Sport is a unique way of encouraging people, especially those who play sport, to undergo a free annual medical and obtain 50% discounts on doctor visits and 10% discount on basic dental work as well as discounts on many other medical treatments such as same-day surgeries, physiotherapy, ultrasound and dieticians. The card will also give you retail discounts at selected bookstores, opticians, entertainment venues, restaurants and furnishing stores.”

Sancho said that the cards can be purchased online from $299 at www.centralfctt.com from next week. All Central F.C. players and staff will receive a personalised card.

At the press conference to launch the Central F.C. My Card sport, club doctor, Dr Tonya Welch emphasised the need for early diagnosis and the importance of regular medical screenings.

T&T national goalkeeper, Jan-Michael Williams said that “inside I am crying tears of joy”. Williams told of how the tragic news of the deaths of two of his national team colleagues, Akeem Adams and Kevon Carter during the last 12 months stunned him. “I don’t think even our club doctor could provide any pills to take away my pain should another of my team mates pass away” said Williams. He went on to say that everyone involved in providing the screenings, the insurance and the defibrillator should be applauded, particularly Brent Sancho and the Central F.C. staff.

HealthNet CEO, Richard Ramrekha described the benefits of the My Card sports initiative and reminded the audience of why early diagnosis of certain conditions is so essential. Ramrekha applauded Central F.C. for being the first sports club to join the My Card plan and felt sure that many more sports teams and private individuals would follow their example.

Sancho said that they expect to take delivery of the defibrillator purchased by Bankers Insurance by mid October. “It is our hope that other Pro League clubs follow suit by purchasing cover for their players. I believe that the players are a clubs greatest asset and we should do all we can to protect those assets where possible.”

http://centralfctt.com/Articles/article.php?r=51

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 05, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »
Really good stuff. But hard to believe this not standard procedure for semi and full pro sports in TT. But it is good that you guys are raising the bar.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 05, 2014, 03:05:09 PM »
Progress. Hope when many want to make you feel hopeless.
To Sancho, FS and crew. I say thanks to you all and the infectious mindset that you have injected in T&T to do better.
People used to your laugh at your venture into T&T football as being from naive jokers. Some will still resent you but trust meh, yuh doing a great job. Stay healthy and ... stay far from corrupting influences as they are like a cancer,
a cancer with no moral compass that evolves into the likes of monster mutants such as Jackula, Horner and those who drink that Kool Aid.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 05, 2014, 05:51:28 PM »
Progress. Hope when many want to make you feel hopeless.
To Sancho, FS and crew. I say thanks to you all and the infectious mindset that you have injected in T&T to do better.
People used to your laugh at your venture into T&T football as being from naive jokers. Some will still resent you but trust meh, yuh doing a great job. Stay healthy and ... stay far from corrupting influences as they are like a cancer,
a cancer with no moral compass that evolves into the likes of monster mutants such as Jackula, Horner and those who drink that Kool Aid.

Thanks Dreamer, but the naivety was fact!  Looking back, we were naive. But the fact is, you can rise above mediocrity and you can improve on what we have. We just didn't realise exactly how hard it would be!! Got lots more good stuff coming soon!!

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 06, 2014, 07:55:34 AM »
2014-15 First Team Squad

Coming off of a very successful second season in the TT Pro League, Central F.C. has kept the core of the players together for the 2014-15 season. The average age of the squad has been reduced with the inclusion of some exciting young talents but any team would miss the the caliber of players that have left the club over the transfer window. 2013-14 Supporters Player of the Year, Elton John joined up with former coach Terry Fenwick at Cercle Sportif Visé in Belgium in a deadline day move. Earlier in the window Cercle Sportif Visé signed Rundell Winchester and Willis Plaza who are the top 2 all time goalscorers in Central F.C. history.   

We wish them all the best in their new adventures along with Yohance Marshall, Johan Peltier, Julio Noel and Keon Trim who have all also left the club. Meanwhile,Jamal Jack has joined Guyanese champion team Alpha United on a 6 month loan deal.   

Central F.C. 2014-15 First Team squad: 

1 Javon Sample
3 Keion Goodridge
5 Akeem Benjamin
6 Leston Paul
7 Jason Marcano
8 Sean de Silva
9 Qian Grosvenor
10 Marvin Oliver
11 Darren Mitchell
12 Jamal Jack   
14 Jean-Luc Rochford
15 Kaydion Gabriel
16 Levi Garcia
17 Marcelle Francois
18 Kevon Goddard
19 Nathaniel Garcia
20 Nicholas Dillon
21 Jan-Michael Williams
22 Samuel Delice
23 Denzil Daniel 
25 Elijah Manners   
27 Shaquille Williams
28 Miguel Romero   
30 Akel Clarke
45 Ataulla Guerra
99 Dwight Quintero

http://centralfctt.com/Articles/article.php?r=52

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 06, 2014, 08:13:30 AM »
Its Ataullah not f00cking Ataulla, like ayatollah.

I remember Arjen Robben signed for PSV, after his father had rejected a contract from Ajax because they had misspelled his name.

Ah see Central have a Guyenses keeper (Akel Kayode Clarke) and Miguel Romero from Argentina, is this de same Romero who play for Cali last season?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:23:39 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 06, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »
Its Ataullah not f00cking Ataulla, like ayatollah.

I remember Arjen Robben signed for PSV, after his father had rejected a contract from Ajax because they had misspelled his name.

Ah see Central have a Guyenses keeper (Akel Kayode Clarke) and Miguel Romero from Argentina, is this de same Romero who play for Cali last season?

Actually, according to his driving licence and passport, it's Ataulla.

Yeah, Romero from Cali. Guess we're no longer 100% Trini!

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 06, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »

Yeah. http://centralfctt.com/team/playerdetail.php?id=35

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 06, 2014, 02:14:28 PM »
Video of Thursdays screening and Central F.C. My Card launch

http://youtu.be/rwMqctZ46oI

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 07, 2014, 05:29:17 AM »
FS....I'm really really really happy to hear about this!!

Well done!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 08, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
levi for euro trails  ;D ;D next year !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 18, 2014, 11:48:04 PM »
School for Sharks

In a week that will see Central F.C. compete in its third Pro League season and debut in the Caribbean Club Championship as well as battle with W. Connection for the Charity Shield, one would assume that the club’s management would be solely focused on football. But according to Managing Director Brent Sancho and Operations Director, Kevin Harrison, their time is increasingly spent on non-footballing matters. “Obviously, football is where we want to spend our time” said Sancho “but we have a responsibility to our sponsors to ensure they receive as much value for money from their generosity. Super Industrial Services have always told us that their reason for supporting the club was our Football in the Community programme.” 

Sancho said that the relationship with SIS has matured into a positive working relationship that has gradually seen both organisations identify key groups to work together with including focusing on various women’s issues and encouraging children to partake in sport.

“This current campaign will see Central F.C. visiting various primary schools in the Central region to distribute free footballs to the schools. It’s really a way of reaching out to children to encourage them to get active in sport, and hopefully, become Sharks supporters!” 

Sancho and Harrison visited the government primary schools in Chaguanas and California this week to distribute the footballs and talk to the children about their experiences overseas, which gave them the opportunity to promote the upcoming Charity Shield game vs W. Connection. 

“It’s key to get children into the habit of supporting their local professional clubs” said Harrison. “Even if all they do is check out the match results, at least there will be the beginning of a bond between supporter and club. We have to think long term, as clubs such as Manchester United and Barcelona have had over 100 years head start on us!”  But the duo have not completely taken their eyes off the ball. “We’re spending less and less time being involved with the day to day running of the football team, which we both find quite difficult” said Harrison. “But we have an excellent staff managing the squad and we are confident that we will be challenging for titles again this year.”   

Sancho said “We have some very exciting youngsters coming through such as Nicholas Dillon, Kevon Goddard and Levi Garcia, but I’m expecting Ataulla Guerra to really fulfil his potential and become the league’s marquee player.” But even inside Central F.C., Guerra will have to work hard to prove himself. Sancho continued “I’m confident that Leston Paul and Sean de Silva will become regulars in the national team squads, while Darren Mitchell, Nathaniel Garcia and Kaydion Gabriel will also become noticed. There’s so much competition for starting spots, its scary.” said Sancho “Up front, I can see an epic battle between Dillon, Dwight Quintero and Qian Grosvenor, with Jason Marcano fighting to keep his place too. It’s a great problem for Head Coach, Vranes to have and I’m sure he’s kept awake at nights trying to figure out who will start against Connection on Saturday” 

Central F.C. begin their new campaign with the Charity Shield at Ato Boldon Stadium on Saturday at 6pm, where they take on W.Connection. In preparation for the game, the squad will spend Friday night at the Carlton Savannah Hotel in Port of Spain and also attend the Caribbean Under 20 final at Hasely Crawford Stadium.   

Sancho said “ The guys have worked hard in preseason so we wanted to reward them with a relaxing evening before the Charity Shield. The Carlton Savannah is a great hotel and I know the boys will enjoy the luxury. As we have four of our players in the U20 squad, we wanted to cheer them on to the Caribbean title. We are grateful to Sheldon Phillips of TTFA for his support and hope that T&T lift the trophy and that we can do the same on Saturday night.

Action will begin in the TT Pro League on Friday 26th September when the California based club face St Ann’s Rangers at Ato Boldon Stadium at 6pm and The Sharks have another date with W.Connection, this time in the league, on Friday 3rd October at 8pm, also at Ato Boldon Stadium. Meanwhile, Central FC will continue to visit primary schools in the Central region to not only distribute footballs, but encourage them to support local football in a more meaningful way. 

http://centralfctt.com/Articles/article.php?r=53

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 20, 2014, 03:20:16 PM »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 20, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »
Follow live updates of the Couva Clasico at CFClive. Kick off is at 6 pm http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

Williams
Benjamin
Oliver
Francois
Mitchell
Paul (c)
De Silva
Guerra
Gabriel
Grosvenor
Marcano

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:04:40 PM by amielisadore »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 26, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
16 MINS gone. Central FC leads Rangers 1-0 courtesy a goal from Dwight Quintero. Great cut back in the box by Marcano. Follow live updates at CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 26, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »
Central 7 vs Rangers 0. Allyuh sure that is the score?

1]; } ?>