April 24, 2024, 04:59:31 AM

Author Topic: London Olympics Men and Women's 4x100m and 4x400m Relay Thread!  (Read 71288 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: London Olympics Men and Women's 4x100m and 4x400m Relay Thread!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 08:35:40 AM »
Cedenio can run no doubt, but who is the faster 400m runner.
Maybe Jehue and Cedenio should have a showdown in training today to decide who gets the 3rd leg?!  :devil:

Lol.. A show down. Kind of like the run off?

Jehue hasnt run a good time in the 400m this year. Never made the top list. However, a sub 48 in the 400mh, could translate into an easy mid 45.s

I am still with Cedenio for this one. Cedenio will rise into the spot light.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
These are the splits:

GORDON L
INTERM.   MARK      RK     SPLIT   SPLIT RANK
400m           44.97      1     44.9               1

SOLOMON J
INTERM.   MARK          RK   SPLIT      SPLIT RANK
800m           1:29.77   1   44.8        3

ALLEYNE-FORTE A
INTERM.   MARK          RK   SPLIT       SPLIT RANK
1200m   2:15.89   3   46.12         6

LENDORE D
1600m   3:00.38   2   44.49         2

Pretty strong splits. Probably Alleyne-Forte to be replaced by Jehue. Lalonde will probably be able to give us more in the final as well. I hoping they can shave a little over a second off the NR in the final.

FYI for those of you who read into odds, most betting sites have us as 3rd favorites behind the USA and Bahamas and very close To Great Britain with about 12:1 odds - definitely viewed as a strong medal contender.
Do you feel that Jehue can do a better job than Cedenio on our 3rd leg knowing Cedenio's reputation for running down people in the last 100metres if he is not already ahead?

I am sort of lending towards Cedenio for the 3rd leg now noting all his recent relay experience and provided that folks are confident he can run a 44 mid split like the other guys on the squad!
The question is can Cedenio run a 44 mid split or is Jehue the better candidate?

Imagine if Cedenio gets the nod and proves to the world on the 3rd leg that he could be the next Kirani James in a couple of years?!  That Cedenio is a bad-minded youth, I like him! ;)

I agree Soca. I am pretty sure Cedenio ran a sub 46 split in the 4x400 this year.

Cedenio is right on the cusp of running mid to high 45s. He will do it if at the Olympics if he gets a chance...

Last, you heard it hear first. James, Santos and Cedenio will be the top contenders in the 400 in the years to come.
Problem is we may need someone who can run a 44 high or mid on the 3rd leg if we want to medal and neither Jehue nor Cedenio have ever done that time before on a relay leg to my knowledge.

However this is the Olympics and athletes should be inspired to give their best ever performances especially as part of a relay team as you don’t want to let your colleagues or country down.

So between Jehue and Cedenio who is more capable of the two of running a 44 high or mid split tomorrow on that 3rd leg for the first time in their career and handing us over in a medalling position for the crucial final leg?

If we get this thing right we could medal and break the nation record for the 3rd time in a few months. Should it be Jehue or Cedenio on the 3rd leg?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:53:17 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 08:56:04 AM »
These are the splits:

GORDON L
INTERM.   MARK      RK     SPLIT   SPLIT RANK
400m           44.97      1     44.9               1

SOLOMON J
INTERM.   MARK          RK   SPLIT      SPLIT RANK
800m           1:29.77   1   44.8        3

ALLEYNE-FORTE A
1200m   2:15.89   3   46.12         6

LENDORE D
1600m   3:00.38   2   44.49         2

Pretty strong splits. Probably Alleyne-Forte to be replaced by Jehue. Lalonde will probably be able to give us more in the final as well. I hoping they can shave a little over a second off the NR in the final.

FYI for those of you who read into odds, most betting sites have us as 3rd favorites behind the USA and Bahamas and very close To Great Britain with about 12:1 odds - definitely viewed as a strong medal contender.
Do you feel that Jehue can do a better job than Cedenio on our 3rd leg knowing Cedenio's reputation for running down people in the last 100metres if he is not already ahead?

I am sort of lending towards Cedenio for the 3rd leg now noting all his recent relay experience and provided that folks are confident he can run a 44 mid split like the other guys on the squad!
The question is can Cedenio run a 44 mid split or is Jehue the better candidate?

Imagine if Cedenio gets the nod and proves to the world on the 3rd leg that he could be the next Kirani James in a couple of years?!  That Cedenio is a bad-minded youth, I like him! ;)

I agree Soca. I am pretty sure Cedenio ran a sub 46 split in the 4x400 this year.

Cedenio is right on the cusp of running mid to high 45s. He will do it if at the Olympics if he gets a chance...

Last, you heard it hear first. James, Santos and Cedenio will be the top contenders in the 400 in the years to come.
Problem is we may need someone who can run a 44 high or mid on the 3rd leg if we want to medal and neither Jehue nor Cedenio have ever done that time before on a realy leg to my knowledge.

However this is the Olmpics and athletes should be inspired to give their best ever performances ever especially as part of a relay team as you don’t want to let your colleagues or country down.

So between Jehue and Cedenio who is more capable of the two of running a 44 high or mid split tomorrow on that 3rd leg for the first time in their career and handing us over in a medalling position for the crucial final leg?

If we get this thing right we could medal and break the nation record for the 3rd time in a few months. Should it be Jehue or Cedenio on the 3rd leg?

Agreed. We need high 44s .. maybe able to get away with a very low 45. Cedenio is 46.02 for the year. Gordon's last 400m time was around a mid 46s (need to confirm). I think Cedenio can probably run a mid to high 45s. Might be all we got now. But I am willing to put all my eggs in one basket for this youth. He also has a bit of an attitude or edge. This will protect him from the big boys who might try to push him.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 09:09:08 AM »
Ok so the consensus seems to be to "Leggo Cedenio"!

Let's prayer that the youth man is up to this, remember he is still only 16!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »
Ok so the consensus seems to be to "Leggo Cedenio"!

Let's prayer that the youth man is up to this, remember he is still only 16!!  :beermug:

16. Running for TT Sr.s for the first time in an Olympic Final. I believe that if Jehue or Cedino are in proper form, they could help us shave close to a second off the time that was run today. If any team is harbouring medal contentions, they should be targetting under 2:59.
We have a solid outside shot at a medal but we need to break that 3 minute barrier.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »
we really hoping here ....low 44's ? from who besides La Londe ? nah man lets be realistic we are weakened for a medal with the absence of Quow .... everone would have to run at their best for us to even medal ...I would go for Forte instead of jehue or cedeno .... and hope they all improve.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
we really hoping here ....low 44's ? from who besides La Londe ? nah man lets be realistic we are weakened for a medal with the absence of Quow .... everone would have to run at their best for us to even medal ...I would go for Forte instead of jehue or cedeno .... and hope they all improve.

We dont need a low 44 to medal. I say a something around the mid 45.s will be enough for a medal.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:09 AM »

We dont need a low 44 to medal. I say a something around the mid 45.s will be enough for a medal.
yes but from who besides la lalonde ? Remeber this is rounds we talking here ....men put out already and we asking them to put out what they have not done before ... not many can do that.

truetrini

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 11:02:50 AM »

yes but from who besides la lalonde ? Remeber this is rounds we talking here ....men put out already and we asking them to put out what they have not done before ... not many can do that.

YUh new to this game or what?

IS only the lead off man that has to be able to run a sub 45...the rest get a running start and they usually run faster than if starting from th blocks.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 11:11:14 AM »

IS only the lead off man that has to be able to run a sub 45...the rest get a running start and they usually run faster than if starting from th blocks.

Even more frightening considering Forte's time. He had a runnin start and at least a five metre lead. :-[

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 11:11:23 AM »

Thats right TT.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »
I think Cedenio must have already run a mid 45.s split in a 4x400 earlier this year.

truetrini

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »

Even more frightening considering Forte's time. He had a runnin start and at least a five metre lead. :-[

In Fairness to Forte, I feel is nerves eh..and inexperience.  He did run the man back down a bit.  I feel he was trying to ration the speed a bit

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 11:16:10 AM »
I think Cedenio must have already run a mid 45.s split in a 4x400 earlier this year.

I have the same feeling. Thus if he is in shape, leggo him.
I can only hope nerves don't get the better of him.

VB

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
Looks like this will be the women line up. 1. MA, 2. KB , 3. KS and 4 SH. I like that line-up but I would have rested SH and gave RT a run.
I think with RT in we would still advance, and then put SH in for the final.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »
Looks like this will be the women line up. 1. MA, 2. KB , 3. KS and 4 SH. I like that line-up but I would have rested SH and gave RT a run.
I think with RT in we would still advance, and then put SH in for the final.

I know what youre saying. But we have to go with what will work for sure.

Heard there is lots of energy in the T&T camp. Hope they are rallying behind each other, now that the 4x400 will be in the final and a possible medal contender.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »
US Relay Runner breaks leg, finishes relay leg

The curse of men's 4x400m team
By: Matthew Kitchen, NBC OlympicsUPDATED: Aug 9, 2:37p ET

Athletes compete in the men's 4x400m relay round 1 heat during the London 2012 Olympic Games.
And the hits just keep on coming.

An already depleted American 4x400m team took another hit Thursday afternoon when Manteo Mitchell allegedly broke his leg with 200 meters left during his turn around the track.

"I got out pretty slow, but I picked it up and when I got to the 100-meter mark it felt weird," Mitchell told USA Track and Field. "I was thinking I just didn’t feel right. As soon as I took the first step past the 200-meter mark, I felt it break. I heard it. I even put out a little war cry, but the crowd was so loud you couldn’t hear it. I wanted to just lie down. It felt like somebody literally just snapped my leg in half."

Mitchell, who doctors determined broke his left fibula, says he was spurred on by teammate Joshua Mance waving him in to the line.

"I didn’t want to let those three guys down," he added, "so I just ran on it. It hurt so bad. I’m pretty amazed that I still split 45 seconds on a broken leg."

The men finished second in their heat in 2:58.87, runner up to the Bahamas, and qualified for Friday night's final. Not counting the boycotted 1980 Games the U.S. men have won gold in the 4x400m event in every Olympics since 1976.

Manteo joins a pretty talented injured list that includes two 400m Olympic gold medalists, Jeremy Wariner and LaShawn Merritt, who both went down with hamstring injuries since arriving in London.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »
Had luck brother, how the hell that happen? Stress fracture?

One less yank to study about.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 12:52:40 PM »
Wow our medal chances just got better. The only one left to replace him is Clement or Taylor.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »
It just got interesting..Jeremy Warriner is nursing an injury as well. He will have to fill in. Angelo Taylor and Kerron Clement were not named to the relay pool.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »
US Relay Runner breaks leg, finishes relay leg

Mitchell, who doctors determined broke his left fibula, says he was spurred on by teammate Joshua Mance waving him in to the line.

"I didn’t want to let those three guys down," he added, "so I just ran on it. It hurt so bad. I’m pretty amazed that I still split 45 seconds on a broken leg."

de same "something" that does make some americans annoying to me... is the same "something" that yuh does end up admiring.

how de arse he finish dat race... if it was me i was lying down... to arse with allyuh yes. Dat is pride!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »
What kinda cyborg the US have runnin dey?  Not even that he didn't realize and keep goin eh, he say he hear it crack, and still finish.
Cyborgs.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 01:21:53 PM »
We in the final
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 01:25:11 PM »
The exchange from Kelly-Ann to Kai needs work. It was very close to the end of the zone. Hope they were not DQ'd. But we have a new NR of 42.31
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
The exchange from Kelly-Ann to Kai needs work. It was very close to the end of the zone. Hope they were not DQ'd. But we have a new NR of 42.31

Doh say that
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »
Damn, Ukraine in we arse again time wise, it will be a tussle for bronze

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 01:32:07 PM »
Jamaica baton change was d worse

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »

4x100 Metres Relay - W   HEATS
Qual. rule: first 3 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified.
Heat 109 August 2012 - 20:20
Position   Lane   Team   Country   Mark    .
1   2   United States
(Tianna Madison; Jeneba Tarmoh; Bianca Knight; Lauryn Williams)    USA   41.64 Q   (SB)
2   4   Trinidad and Tobago
(Michelle-Lee Ahye; Kelly-Ann Baptiste; Kai Selvon; Semoy Hackett)    TRI   42.31 Q   (NR)

3   8   Netherlands
(Kadene Vassell; Dafne Schippers; Eva Lubbers; Jamile Samuel)    NED   42.45 Q   (NR)
4   7   Brazil
(Ana Claudia Silva; Franciela Krasucki; Evelyn dos Santos; Rosângela Santos)    BRA   42.55   (AR)
5   3   Nigeria
(Christy Udoh; Gloria Asumnu; Oludamola Osayomi; Blessing Okagbare)    NGR   42.74   (SB)
6   9   Bahamas
(Sheniqua Ferguson; Chandra Sturrup; Christine Amertil; Anthonique Strachan)    BAH   43.07   (SB)
7   6   Switzerland
(Michelle Cueni; Mujinga Kambundji; Ellen Sprunger; Léa Sprunger)    SUI   43.54   (PB)
8   5   Japan
(Anna Doi; Kana Ichikawa; Chisato Fukushima; Yumeka Sano)    JPN   44.25   

From the website. Everything is okay. We in the finals! History is made.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 02:06:04 PM »
Lane   Team   Country   SB 2012   PB
2   Nigeria    NGR   42.74   42.39
3   Germany    GER   42.51   41.91
4   Trinidad and Tobago    TRI   42.31   42.31
5   Ukraine    UKR   42.36   42.29
6   Jamaica    JAM   42.37   41.70
7   United States    USA   41.64   41.47
8   Brazil    BRA   42.55   42.55
9   Netherlands    NED   42.45   42.45

We got a good lane.

1]; } ?>