March 29, 2024, 06:36:33 AM

Author Topic: The Official London 2012 Olympics Thread  (Read 47721 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official London 2012 Olympics Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 02:57:12 PM »
The American men pop dung as usual in gymnastics... but I haven't seen any of the performances yet.  Will try to get in in time to check them out tonight.

AirMan

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 03:48:11 PM »
..just read Michael Phelps is now the most decorated Olympian of ALL TIME...

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »
The American men pop dung as usual in gymnastics... but I haven't seen any of the performances yet.  Will try to get in in time to check them out tonight.

A shame indeed...I was really rooting for Orozco though...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 07:24:06 PM »
..just read Michael Phelps is now the most decorated Olympian of ALL TIME...

Yeah man yuh late... 19 medals, most in Olympic history.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »
How many individual gold has Phelps won this time around?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »
None
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »
Yo dey rheeeellll oppressing de black man in this gymnastics here dread. He had a bad pummel horse routine with errors and they bull de man with a 12. something score even though he stayed through to finish ... a next man clean fall off the horse and start over and get 13.6+..

Men falling off apparatus and getting 14s wdmc

Thought it was just cynical me seeing that.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 01:19:55 AM »
Yo dey rheeeellll oppressing de black man in this gymnastics here dread. He had a bad pummel horse routine with errors and they bull de man with a 12. something score even though he stayed through to finish ... a next man clean fall off the horse and start over and get 13.6+..

Men falling off apparatus and getting 14s wdmc

Thought it was just cynical me seeing that.

Nah fellas... I just had a chance to check it out.  Now I eh go carry on like I is some kinda gymnastics expert, especially Men's Gymnastics.  But... listening to the American commentator explain it as it happened, Orozco had a dreadful Pommel Horse.  Near the end he made a mistake and end up improvising, which yuh can't do, yuh have to do the routine the judges expecting to see. 

Not only did he improvise, but in improvising he end up doing a scissor/flare (I forget which one they call it) and not a full circle which (according to the commentator) yuh have to do in order to do a dismount.  Without a full circle leading up to your final move there is no official "dismount".  Worse yet, in de midst of doing the dismount that wasn't a dismount, he end up pinning he pants leg against the horse with his left palm going into the handstand... forcing an awkward pause and re-adjustment on the fly. I don't think he could argue with the deductions.  As for how they score the falling off the horse thing.. that I don't know about.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 07:32:28 AM »
George Bovell of Trinidad and Tobago qualified fastest in the 50 free, with defending champion Cesar Cielo of Brazil right behind.

Bovell touched in 21.77 seconds to win the sixth of eight heats in swimming's glamour event. The 29-year-old four-time Olympian is solely focused on the 50 at these games after winning his country's first swimming medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics in the 200 individual medley. The former Auburn swimmer once owned the 200 IM world record.

Let's GET EM!!!!!
http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/swimming/story/_/id/8225072/2012-london-olympics-george-bovell-cesar-cielo-top-two-50-meter-freestyle-preliminaries

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 08:52:15 AM »
Dread, even in a subsequent rotation when Orozco had the high bar... He put down a solid routine, i didn't see any faults and neither did the commentators... His dismount and landing was not perfect but just a slight hop.

I watching gymnastics whole day and everyone who did flawless routines with a slight stumble on landing was getting between 15.3 and 15.7.. I make ah joke and say, "watch and see, dey go give de black man 14.something"... Yuh know dey really give him a sour 14.96.

Not too long after that, the German fella on the same high bar miss the whole bar and fall flat on his face.. Get up, jump back on and finish his routine.. I make a next joke and say, "well ah guess he go get a 14.something too like the black man"... Yuh know the man get a 14.3 or something so.  ???

Maybe is me eh understand the scoring, but something seem real off about that to me.. Even the people i was watching it admit it.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »
Ah find they playing down Gabby Douglas too.

They trying hard to push that Weiber girl........don't like her at all.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »

Nah she hair is d issue. If I was her I would say despite my bad hair day I am still d all around champ.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 01:29:46 PM »

Yuh doh like she why... because she white?  The girl is the reigning world champion, yuh expect them to play up Gabby Douglas ahead of her?  Besides, every interview I see involving the Women's team is Wieber and Douglas they interviewing.  I didn't even know Ross, Maroney and Raissman existed until the team finals.  Douglas has been getting a lot of play, almost as much as Wieber.

Anyways they eh go be downplaying Gabby... she just win the individual all around gold.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 01:33:25 PM »

Add the 200 IM medley to the tally...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/02/london-2012-olympics-swimming-finals-live

AirMan

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »

He just win one so he is really doing it all..he is now on 20 medals

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »
Boxing again...

Olympic boxing: referee sent home after Satoshi Shimizu wins appeal

A boxing referee from Turkmenistan was expelled from the London Olympics on Thursday for his handling of a bout in which the result was overturned on appeal.

Boxing's governing body, AIBA, released a statement saying the referee Ishanguly Meretnyyazov "is on his way back home".

The AIBA also suspended the German referee Frank Scharmach for five days, for his decision to disqualify an Iranian heavyweight, and expelled the technical official Aghajan Abiyev of Azerbaijan.

"I deeply regret that we had to take these decisions," the AIBA president, CK Wu, said. "However, our main concern has been and will always be the protection of the integrity and fair play of our competitions. I will take all possible steps to reinforce this."

Both sanctioned referees made unusual decisions during Wednesday night's card.

In a bantamweight bout Magomed Abdulhamidov of Azerbaijan fell to the canvas six times in the third round against Satoshi Shimizu of Japan, yet still won a 22-17 decision.

Meretnyyazov allowed the fight to continue after each tumble and he enraged the Japanese team by fixing the headgear worn by Abdulhamidov, who had to be helped from the ring after winning.

AIBA overturned the result late on Wednesday night, saying Meretnyyazov should have counted at least three knockdowns and stopped the bout.

The Iranian heavyweight Ali Mazaheri was disqualified in his bout with Cuba's Jose Larduet after several warnings for holding from Scharmach, who finally waved off the fight midway through the second round.

The stoppage seemed quick to the booing crowd, and Mazaheri, who stood with his arms outstretched, eventually left the ring without shaking hands with Larduet or Scharmach. Mazaheri claimed the result was "a fix" and "a set-up".

Scharmach is suspended through Tuesday's Olympic fights but the disqualification stands.

The AIBA did not specify what Abiyev had done to earn expulsion, saying only that he had committed "a number of breaches" of its code of conduct.

International technical officials are not referees or judges but perform numerous duties around the ring during competition regarding everything from the draw to medical rulings and equipment management.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »

...16 of which have now been Gold Medals.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 02:24:06 PM »

FAWWWWKKK!!!!

That man win more medals than TT in history.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Official London 2012 Olympics Thread
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »

FAWWWWKKK!!!!

VB

Lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »

FAWWWWKKK!!!!

VB

Not just TnT... He has more gold medals than even Jamaica, with all their sprint success.

If Michael Phelps Were a Country How Would His Medal Haul Compare?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:46:32 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 03:25:47 PM »

Yuh doh like she why... because she white?  The girl is the reigning world champion, yuh expect them to play up Gabby Douglas ahead of her?  Besides, every interview I see involving the Women's team is Wieber and Douglas they interviewing.  I didn't even know Ross, Maroney and Raissman existed until the team finals.  Douglas has been getting a lot of play, almost as much as Wieber.

Anyways they eh go be downplaying Gabby... she just win the individual all around gold.

What white have to do with it?  She is a lil Bi@#h.......I watched her the night of the US trial and when Gabby was coming off the floor she was saying something mean about Gabby and hushed when the other girls turned away (Crap just sound like a lil biatch myself). Don't like her, rather Maroney.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 05:10:33 PM »

What white have to do with it?  She is a lil Bi@#h.......I watched her the night of the US trial and when Gabby was coming off the floor she was saying something mean about Gabby and hushed when the other girls turned away (Crap just sound like a lil biatch myself). Don't like her, rather Maroney.

How you know what she was saying?  How come it hasn't been picked up in the media (ah know, dey biased against Gabby too  ::))?  From all accounts they aren't best of friends, but are supportive of each other.  I'd be the first to say that I prefer Gabby and precisely because she black I supported her from jump... and over Wieber at the trials... but hating on Wieber fuh no reason is taking it to a next level, lol

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 08:14:48 PM »

Washington Post

I guess these two newspapers didnt have any photo with all five of them right ::). This was after the Team USA won gold. Where d fack Gabby is in these photos? Why couldnt they print a photo with her included. If that's not deliberate I dont know what is.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »

Washington Post

I guess these two newspapers didnt have any photo with all five of them right ::). This was after the Team USA won gold. Where d fack Gabby is in these photos? Why couldnt they print a photo with her included. If that's not deliberate I dont know what is.

Look Gabby Douglas on the left facing the other direction, along with the coach.  Track pants.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 10:24:23 PM »

How you know what she was saying?  How come it hasn't been picked up in the media (ah know, dey biased against Gabby too  ::))?  From all accounts they aren't best of friends, but are supportive of each other.  I'd be the first to say that I prefer Gabby and precisely because she black I supported her from jump... and over Wieber at the trials... but hating on Wieber fuh no reason is taking it to a next level, lol

Yeah like the media will run with that.......   

I could be wrong maybe she was planning a suprise congratulations party for Gabby on winning the trials. Hence the reason she had to shut up quickly as Gabby approached.

Mind you this was the very first I had seen of either of these girls. My attention was drawn to the girl who had her knee replaced and fell twice during trials on the uneven bars.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »

Washington Post

Look Gabby Douglas on the left facing the other direction, along with the coach.  Track pants.

Gabby joined them right after that happened. They all posed and then the coach[es] joined in. 

I crazy I don't know what I seeing.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »

Washington Post

Steups yuh realize that these two are the same picture from different angles, right?  In both of them the shot was taken while Gabby was off celebrating just to the side.  We don't know the context of the shot... did they want to capture the emotions just as it became apparent that the team won... and it just so happens that Gabby wasn't in that particular shot?

Here's another shot Elan posted of them right after these above...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Btw... here are a couple other threads chronicling the Olympics this summer:

Thread for the London Olympics 2012

George Bovell Summer Olympics Thread

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2012, 07:17:43 AM »
I self did notice the lil bias in team photos prior to the medals,  weiber out front overshadowin everybody and the “squirrel” deep in the background like diana use to do the supremes but to be fair,weiber was supposed to be the team stargyirl.

I suspect the real litmus test is if Douglas end up on a wheaties box by herself or get a flurry of commercials

The tension between those two however, even on tv, is palpable
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>