April 19, 2024, 04:05:07 AM

Author Topic: Give a $ to your Warriors  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Give a $ to your Warriors
« on: October 28, 2005, 11:08:20 PM »
NLCB give $5 million to football.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

The National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) have donated five million dollars over a five-year period to football in Trinidad and Tobago. Yesterday, in the Maracas room of the Court Marriott Hotel, NLCB's Louis Lee Sing handed over a $1m cheque to Jack Austin Warner, special adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF). The money represents the first instalment, a million of which will go to the team each in year of the agreement.
Warner praised NLCB for their effort which he said was timely and he further thanked NLCB for their long-term commitment to football.
"This gesture by NLCB is nothing short of tremendous, " Warner said. He further added that what NLCB had done was very refreshing. He said that so many companies were reaping millions in profits in Trinidad and Tobago, but were unwilling to give anything back to the society.
He said such companies had no right to complain about rising levels of crime and social unrest. Warner also used the forum to remind the Government of money which the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) had requested from them.
"I have the promise of $12 million for the Government.... I have not seen it yet. " Warner said, while adding that the longer it takes for the money to be disbursed, the tougher it become for the team.
He said that while in Bahrain, he had no choice but to shell out US$32,000 of his money to pay Hotel fees. While in Bahrain, Warner discovered there was a Gulf conference and that hotels rooms would not have been available had he not booked the Crowne Plaza immediately.
While in Bahrain, Warner also observed the facilities which he described as first rate. He also reported that Panama had used mainly a youth team in their 5-0 loss to a Bahrain that were missing top players as well.
Warner disclosed that once qualified for Germany T&T will be playing several important warm-up matches, one of which "will blow yuh mind". However, Warner did not reveal which team he was referring to.
Give a $ to your Warriors.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

All of Trinidad and Tobago are being urged to give at least a dollar to their 'Warriors', the national football team, who will engage Bahrain in a two-match qualifying series on November 12 & 16 for a place in the 2006 World Cup. The initiative, the brainchild of sports personality Anil Roberts, was launched yesterday at the Courts Marriott Hotel, Mucurapo.
There, it was announced that a Warriors Pride Appreciation Fund has been set up at RBTT branches throughout Trinidad and Tobago in aid of the national footballers. Trustees of the fund are Clive Pantin and Dr. Iva Gloudon and they have been delegated to issue the proceeds to the players.
Roberts, a swimming coach and talk show host, said that on hearing of incentives offered by Bahrain to their players to win the matches, he recognised the importance of making Trinidad and Tobago's footballers as comfortable as possible and hence, the initiative. He was quick to point out that the footballer alone will benefit from this fund.
"Any mount of money in the fund will be divided equally among the players whether they score a hat trick of carry water, " Roberts said.
Errol Fabien of Gayelle Television said that if every citizen of T&T gave just one dollar, it would amount to at least $1.3m, to share equally among the players on the national team. The money, he said, was not for the technical squad or the (football) Federation, but strictly for the national footballers. Fabien further launched the initiative with a pledge that Gayelle Television will donate $1,000 for every goal scored against Bahrain.
Bruce Aanensen, manager of the national team dug into his pockets and produced another $100 and FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner contributed a $10,000 cheque as well. Just back from Bahrain, Warner said it was moments such as this which made him proud to be a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago.
Gloudon said that as an ex-player and present administrator, she recognised that after big sporting events many national players were left alone to deal with their financial worries. He said that our players must be comfortable after the current qualifying campaign - win, lose or draw.
"You have to start putting something into this team so they will know we are behind them on the road to the World Cup," Gloudon said. Her fellow trustee, Pantin, further lauded the efforts stating that we must give the best that we can to the team because in the long run it's T&To who will benefit from their efforts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 11:07:01 AM by Flex »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Give a $ to your Warriors
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 11:38:54 PM »
veru very nice, I wonder if there is away for us fans abroad to contribute to this fund? Men like Anil have real passion for sports and his country, i would def like to be part of this.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 11:45:49 PM »
I find we should start a fund for the Warriors of yesteryear who paved the way for the fellas on the field today.  Yorke and some on the current team I am sure are on sound financial ground and after the World Cup, the entire team will be signed, so dem bread butter.

I worry about the older fellas like Sheriff Lobo et al who literally scruntin as we type....

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 07:49:03 AM »
waterboy getting paid too ;D

it would be nice if sombody in trini could notify then that ue overseas would like to contribute too and provide the info for us to do so.

come nah fellas its just a walk down de street or ah phone call away
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 08:01:05 AM by morvantman »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 07:58:22 AM »
It will be nice if someone could get account details so I could do my lil part from this end.

Much thanks and love.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 09:01:53 AM »
The team deserve the extra incentive. Nice to read that corporate trinidad getting involve in supporting the warriors. I hope they not doing it for their own interest. Go warriors

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 09:28:57 AM »
I find we should start a fund for the Warriors of yesteryear who paved the way for the fellas on the field today.  Yorke and some on the current team I am sure are on sound financial ground and after the World Cup, the entire team will be signed, so dem bread butter.

I worry about the older fellas like Sheriff Lobo et al who literally scruntin as we type....

and warriors of tomorrow

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 01:05:18 PM »
wat they need to do is set up an account.so yuh could deposit directly into it.and ill b more than happy to donate.seems the government is doin nothing.dem motherarse waitin till we qualify.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>