March 28, 2024, 03:02:39 PM

Author Topic: McComie suspended pending investigation.  (Read 17223 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McComie suspended pending investigation.
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 10:39:08 AM »
wow unbelievable......
I give de yute credit the mere fact that he didn't stop running says a lot about him.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »
If this is in fact true, that is nothing really new in T&T youth football.  I can tell you the one and only Dwight Yorke was asked to run for the duration of practice and he did it.  Now fortunately, nothing happended to Yorke, but I've seen that before in person.  In fact, I joke about it all the time but as youth coach now, I fully understand that was a stupid thing for the coach to do.  The irony of the situation was that McCommie was on that team and I'm pretty certain he was there when this happened with Yorke.  Doesn't surprise me in the least but I would think with football today this would never happen.

I am sure Yorke got water though.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: McComie suspended pending investigation.
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »
If this is in fact true, that is nothing really new in T&T youth football.  I can tell you the one and only Dwight Yorke was asked to run for the duration of practice and he did it.  Now fortunately, nothing happended to Yorke, but I've seen that before in person.  In fact, I joke about it all the time but as youth coach now, I fully understand that was a stupid thing for the coach to do.  The irony of the situation was that McCommie was on that team and I'm pretty certain he was there when this happened with Yorke.  Doesn't surprise me in the least but I would think with football today this would never happen.

Ah sure Yorke get at least water?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »
wow unbelievable......
I give de yute credit the mere fact that he didn't stop running says a lot about him.

Alvin Jones is one of the best defenders I have seen at that age. Very composed, good positional sense. That mistake he made will serve him well in the future. If he doesn't play overseas, it will be because this nation failed him.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »
The reason that men like mc comie and them have taken coaching courses and been appointed in the positions they hold, is to educate the youth and help build a a proper program...part of ttat is about moving away elevating yourselves and the youth from these old, colonialist type training methods.  "Running laps" is always going to be a (dreaded) part of football and I agree, there are times when you have to get a little stern with your charges.  But it can and should never be (especially nowadays) to the point of the abject humiliation of a young player, be it male or female, and most certainly never to the detriment of their health and well being.  michael mc comie, to me, is a man that was extremely talented and was an excellent young GK....for many years he has been in a great position to share his knowledge, experiences and all else that he has, along with all the training HE has received, with these youth and try to help build T&T Football in a POSITIVE way......but instead, he just can't help but to be a total prick and a shed tool.  He is probably one of the most disliked figures in T&T football. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »
On one level, running laps is f**kery. Some of the literature even suggests that physically punitive measures (as part of a coaching tool box) are counterproductive.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:43:17 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »
So has the under 20 squad been named
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:43 PM »

To be honest, he may or may not have, difficult to remember something 25 years ago...  But I remember the coach forget he was actually running so it's possible he may not have.  Either way that is the environment McCommie grew up in, nontheless, things have changed now.  In that era being thirsty was a weakness, a sign of being unfit.  Truth be told, until I left trini in '91, we were brainwashed with that sh!t.... In fact, two coaches who threw out that facade was Kenny Thomas (Gustine's coach) and Mike Grayson (my Arima coach at the time)... Why did they? They both were educated in the US....  Sad that this nonsense could still be going on....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »
Today's youth coaching education promotes - "No L's"

No Laps.
No Lines.
No Lectures.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »

To be honest, he may or may not have, difficult to remember something 25 years ago...  But I remember the coach forget he was actually running so it's possible he may not have.  Either way that is the environment McCommie grew up in, nontheless, things have changed now.  In that era being thirsty was a weakness, a sign of being unfit.  Truth be told, until I left trini in '91, we were brainwashed with that sh!t.... In fact, two coaches who threw out that facade was Kenny Thomas (Gustine's coach) and Mike Grayson (my Arima coach at the time)... Why did they? They both were educated in the US....  Sad that this nonsense could still be going on....

Good talk.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »
This whole situation is emblematic of why our football isn't going anywhere.....does the punishment make the yute a better player? If McCommie thinks so he needs to be elsewhere maybe a prison officer. It's that lack of creativity in trying to teach the game that hinders the development of our game and players.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »
This whole situation is emblematic of why our football isn't going anywhere.....does the punishment make the yute a better player? If McCommie thinks so he needs to be elsewhere maybe a prison officer. It's that lack of creativity in trying to teach the game that hinders the development of our game and players.

And this extends to teachers and even good parenting. The days of corporal punishment should be long gone, but children still getting licks. Constant negative comments and actions create just that...negativity. Positive reinforcement and correction is more effective on the field, in the classroom and in the home. This does not mean there is no respect or discipline, in fact, quite the opposite.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »
Ah wait ah few days to post in response to this...it's a well establish fact that mccomie is ah big c*&t, he could give whatever explanation he want, he is a c*&thole.

Somebody mention bout he father?
Speculation Alert-maybe this c*&t have it in for JunyBoy and decide to take it out on he son, that is the ONLY reason I going with, but then again it's a well established fact that this man is ah c*^t, so expect anything at anytime?

Boy somebody woulda surely be riding for he if was my son yes.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline terron

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2012, 09:14:46 PM »
Mike have to go.... Anton love Mike because he played with Alcons... Mike said that he was in the US coaching but i can tell you he was only gambling in the US.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2012, 10:10:50 PM »
Mike have to go.... Anton love Mike because he played with Alcons... Mike said that he was in the US coaching but i can tell you he was only gambling in the US.

Haha.. I clean forget about that yes... I too hear of the Vegas stories, except this was no story.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 06:21:04 AM »
I meet ah youthman from Carenage after de Molino incident, them men wanted to ride for McComie we..

Hard luck, they didn't meet up with him.

One day he go bark up de wrong tree and somebody go light him up real fast.

Ah wonder what daddy Kelvin doing or did the TTFF ask him to drop de case.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
I meet ah youthman from Carenage after de Molino incident, them men wanted to ride for McComie we..

Hard luck, they didn't meet up with him.

One day he go bark up de wrong tree and somebody go light him up real fast.

Ah wonder what daddy Kelvin doing or did the TTFF ask him to drop de case.

That is just ignorant and foolish.... So now man want to beat the man.... How ignorant a people are we? 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »
He should get diciplined and the entire staff should learn from the event. Banning him from coaching is not necessary.

Things happen

you face punishment and learn from it.

Players and staff as awhole should be educated about dehaydration so they can learn the early signs especially in a hot climate like trinidad.

running laps whole day is an important part of football conditioning but players must be allowed to rehydrate frequently.

A national U20 players should be able to undergo 2 hrs of strenous exercise with frequent water breaks no problem.

This could happen in a regular session if the coach is not smart enough to allow water breaks.

the fact that is happen as punishment is irrelevant.

This should be a learning experience for both coaches and players...

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:53 PM »
He should get diciplined and the entire staff should learn from the event. Banning him from coaching is not necessary.

Things happen

Players and staff as awhole should be educated about dehaydration so they can learn the early signs especially in a hot climate like trinidad.

running laps whole day is an important part of football conditioning but players must be allowed to rehydrate frequently.

A national U20 players should be able to undergo 2 hrs of strenous exercise with frequent water breaks no problem.

This could happen in a regular session if the coach is not smart enough to allow water breaks.

Studies have shown and it has widely been documented that running laps "whole day" do not enhance your conditioning. Unless yuh training for a marathon. It was reported that the player ran over 70 laps and he was not allowed to stop not even for ah piece of ice.
So again let me hear how this was beneficial to the player?
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »

Things happen

What McComie did was flat out wrong, negligent, and borderline criminal as he showed a reckless disregard for the youth's welfare and health. There is simply no place for using running laps as conditioning much less a punitive tool. First of all, running at one pace around the perimeter does not improve conditioning and secondly it does nothing to replicate the quick burst-type of running that is a major part of football.

Like many other coaches and leaders in general in the country, McComie severly abused his power and took advantage of an impressionable youth; and we wonder why young people have little faith in institutions or authority.

If McComie wants to continue coaching, he should, at his own expense, be required to enroll in accredited courses and workshops on youth coaching and youth development. Otherwise, he should not be allowed anywhere near a touchline. I would also place considerable responsibility on the technical and medical staff as well. Unless the coach has a medical background, the training staff and doctors should have the final say on the physical strain a player can withstand. To do otherwise is to invite a horrible tragedy because far too many of our coaches are driven by ego and petty power trips.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2012, 12:37:31 PM »

Where you get that from. Only people who eh know anything about football does still subscribe to that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »
Ban his f**king ass, if the boy had dead would he be so cool about it? That is criminal what he did, not even in track training men does get treat so. You Must drink.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »

Things happen

You are way behind, Dred, real talk.   mc comie (is supposed to) have all kinda coaching badge and coaching experience!  Yuh tink dem courses he take only was teachin' him about wall passes and shuttle runs?  Is not a matter of if mc comie was or wasn't "smart enough to allow water breaks" dred.  He knows better of what he was doing but chose on that day to be a bigger c**t than he already is, for whatever reason.  He need to go somewhere and cool he ass in a corner.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2012, 01:13:21 PM »

Where you get that from. Only people who eh know anything about football does still subscribe to that.

It's not even a good use of time vis-a-vis economy of movement.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2012, 01:48:06 PM »
I have a question, where was the physio, ass't coaches etc?  I hope Ross and dem just didn't watch the youthman run laps whole day...Something cyar be right here...at least I hope not.

To piggy back what someone said, football is an anerobic sport (lots of short sprints) not an aerobic sport (marathon) running, so agreed, running laps not doing much.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline rastarocket7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
why didnt the kid just stop running? ???

truetrini

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »
is facking KND a man who buss he toe kicking a lime...steups

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »
I have a question, where was the physio, ass't coaches etc?  I hope Ross and dem just didn't watch the youthman run laps whole day...Something cyar be right here...at least I hope not.
To piggy back what someone said, football is an anerobic sport (lots of short sprints) not an aerobic sport (marathon) running, so agreed, running laps not doing much.....

Daiz  what I say. If them stand up and watch that, how the he[double hockey sticks] they could promote someone from that staff to take over. Everyone should be suspended. Is all adults and one must have stepped up and put a stop to it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »
With all the coaching badges these guys suppossd to go through, you mean to say they ain't cover disciplinary measures?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2012, 07:49:13 AM »
Alyuh crazy
Sustained long distance running is an important part of football training to build conditioning and stamina.

of course it is not the only thing and of course football is a short sprint game.

long distance running is an importnat part of preparation especially in pre season.

There is not a reputable team in this world that does not do long distance running at a steady pace for about 30 min  or more at a time maybe once or twice a week especially in pre season.

Dont get tie up with the american talk bout no laps no lines no lectures

That is in reference to U10 players who play football twice a week and base ball on the other two days with piano on Friday.

If this case you want to maximize touches on the ball bc the player is playing soccer for 3 hrs a week and running is not developing ball skills

I talking about national team players who are training twice a day 6 days a week

In this kind of setting long distance running is essential to development and in building endurance.

Especially in the pre season

obviously there are other football related fitness that is involved with short sprints changing direction jumps etc.

but running is essential

especially in the pre season.

But this has nothing to do with what Mc commie did, which was a form of punishment.

1]; } ?>