March 28, 2024, 01:23:21 PM

Author Topic: McComie suspended pending investigation.  (Read 17221 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McComie suspended pending investigation.
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2012, 08:32:33 AM »
 :)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2012, 08:46:22 AM »
Alyuh crazy
Sustained long distance running is an important part of football training to build conditioning and stamina.

of course it is not the only thing and of course football is a short sprint game.

long distance running is an importnat part of preparation especially in pre season.

There is not a reputable team in this world that does not do long distance running at a steady pace for about 30 min  or more at a time maybe once or twice a week especially in pre season.

Dont get tie up with the american talk bout no laps no lines no lectures

That is in reference to U10 players who play football twice a week and base ball on the other two days with piano on Friday.

If this case you want to maximize touches on the ball bc the player is playing soccer for 3 hrs a week and running is not developing ball skills

I talking about national team players who are training twice a day 6 days a week

In this kind of setting long distance running is essential to development and in building endurance.

Especially in the pre season

obviously there are other football related fitness that is involved with short sprints changing direction jumps etc.

but running is essential

especially in the pre season.

But this has nothing to do with what Mc commie did, which was a form of punishment.

I disagree. Preseason is the only time for any extensive running, and even then, only in the first week or two to develop a level of stamina. After that, its is much better to do series of short sprints and jogs interspersed with plenty of ball play in squares of various dimensions, small pitch games and some full size match play.

You will notice from the Olympics that medium distance runners have different muscle sculpture than sprint athletes. Ideally, footballers should look like 400m hurdlers not 3,000m steeplechasers. Hence why Bolt now feels he wants a Man U trial!!

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »
Alyuh crazy
Sustained long distance running is an important part of football training to build conditioning and stamina.

of course it is not the only thing and of course football is a short sprint game.

long distance running is an importnat part of preparation especially in pre season.

There is not a reputable team in this world that does not do long distance running at a steady pace for about 30 min  or more at a time maybe once or twice a week especially in pre season.

That is in reference to U10 players who play football twice a week and base ball on the other two days with piano on Friday.

If this case you want to maximize touches on the ball bc the player is playing soccer for 3 hrs a week and running is not developing ball skills

I talking about national team players who are training twice a day 6 days a week

In this kind of setting long distance running is essential to development and in building endurance.

obviously there are other football related fitness that is involved with short sprints changing direction jumps etc.

but running is essential

But this has nothing to do with what Mc commie did, which was a form of punishment.

But without even a drink of water ?

You dont know the full details.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: McComie suspended pending investigation.
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2012, 09:57:20 AM »
Alyuh crazy

but running is essential

But without even a drink of water ?

You dont know the full details.

EXACTLY The laps is not the main problem here. But starving a young man almost to death.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:01:08 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2012, 10:03:15 AM »
for all the men that trying to find or explain some kinda justification for mc comies'.....actions(?) in this incident, I wonder hummuch scientific (aerobic and anaerobic) justification allyuh woulda be tryin' to friggin' come up with if this was YOUR f**kin' son, meeting the same fate under this same coach with his same baggage under these same circumstances.  Allyuh good!  Loud f**kin' steups oui!!   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »
Alyuh crazy

but running is essential

KND on a national team, it eh have no preseason.

If your players coming in 3-5 days before an international and you using that time to get man fit, then good luck.

In a Pro setting endurance is built through Intervals, developed and applied at variation which will achieve endurance fitness. A footballer does not need to be able to run consistently for 30 minutes as this never happen in a game. Training MUST mirror the real game. The game consist of a series of short forward movement interspersed with Jumping, side shuffling, back peddling, fighting for the ball, falling down and getting up, with a lot of walking.

Therefore, a soccer player need to be trained in such a manner as much as possible. Even on recovery, club are trying really hard not to allow players to run to much, hence the reason for massages, ice baths, rolling rods, and other crazy concoction. A Pro player like Ronaldo or Messi does not need to be running any more than is necessary, with the amount of games they play in a calendar year.

To break it down even more, a defensive midfielder fitness ciriculum will be different than that of a winger or fullback. Same goes for a center back and a center forward, in comparison to the goalkeeper. Fitness goes away most times from the team to "What does the individual player need?" This is where hear rate monitors come into play during training and preseason games. A look at a player statistics from the heart rate monitor will tell a training staff how hard or not a players need to work.

It's a different time my friend, and playing the game with the head is even more revelant now than it was before.

As Adidas say "Smart soccer has arrived."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2012, 10:19:34 AM »
As Adidas say "Smart soccer has arrived."

but it departs when men like mc comie enter de room.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:15 AM »
allyuh still trying to work out this shit ??...is shit...dats it...was punishment

i still want to know what was the mistake ....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »
allyuh still trying to work out this shit ??...is shit...dats it...was punishment

Big Mag....I have ah funny suspicion that you was dey, if so let we hear what went down.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
for all the men that trying to find or explain some kinda justification for mc comies'.....actions(?) in this incident, I wonder hummuch scientific (aerobic and anaerobic) justification allyuh woulda be tryin' to friggin' come up with if this was YOUR f**kin' son, meeting the same fate under this same coach with his same baggage under these same circumstances.  Allyuh good!  Loud f**kin' steups oui!!   

Dan I owe yuh ah drink fuh dat oui!!  I readin dis ting an I cah lie it make meh blod boil ah lil bit oui!  I doh understand why anybody tryin to justify dis lunacy

giggsy11

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »

Or because the youthman didn't die.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »

Big Mag....I have ah funny suspicion that you was dey, if so let we hear what went down.

Cosignnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »

Exact-facking-ly!!!

I reading bout all this aerobic dis and anaerobic dat and only steupsing yes (no disrepect eh fellahs).

Somebody tell me if ONE (!!!) good player-treatment related cutass wouldna take care of dis backsidehole treatment of he players.

So somebody please tell we again the benefits of running laps or not running laps, please, for we edifi-facking-cation nah, steups!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2014, 03:43:38 AM »
Anything came out of this?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2014, 09:31:57 AM »
Anything came out of this?

I doh think so, but he fly out soon after. He coaching in Miami.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2014, 10:50:19 AM »
Fuh who?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2014, 10:53:52 AM »
Fuh who?

Kendall Soccer Coaliton. I eh know if is full time.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2014, 05:03:29 PM »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2014, 05:49:53 PM »
Please, any man in they right head will not believe this fool.

De youth just hold back and don't really want to say anything.

I hope the TTFA don't take chain up.

We do not need big headed pigs like McComie around our players.

Fresh people we need.

Not de Angue Eve and de McComies...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2014, 04:15:31 AM »
I'm trying not to judge the man before the investigation, although I don't have that much faith that it can be carried out satisfactorily

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2014, 04:34:10 AM »
Please Tiresais, this is Trinidad, everybody know somebody.

Investigation my ass.

Probably some drunk up investigator who sell out for a Roti and a Carib.

I know someone close to de family and McComie was wrong, he took it to de extreme even after pleads from de youth.

De other member of de team was vex but nobody eh want to say nothing now.

Like Terrance Marcelle.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »
Alvin Jones is developing into a very good player like his brother Joevin.

Good job by W Connection.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Important George Mathison Scoreboard interview ...
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2015, 04:22:58 PM »
Very revealing interviews in Tobago during the over 40 Masters' Tournament from late last year.
Along the way we see interviews with Tony Rougier, Anthony Dwarika
and a very long sleek interview with Michael McComie (coach at that time of Guaya) who spoke fluidly & gave some insights into the business directorship problems of the TT Proleague and the handicaps of immaturity of TT youths ballers and TT youths as a whole c/w their international counterparts.
You will have to fastforward sometimes as the interviews are interspersed throughout the video with McComie in the latter part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7muWpkY4Q
All in all, a must see interview especially for Sam who has a problem with McComie and tends to lose it on the sight of this former TT player.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:59:09 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
Michael McComie passed away a short while ago from complications due to a brain tumor. :(

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2018, 05:16:50 PM »
Michael McComie passed away a short while ago from complications due to a brain tumor. :(

Oh my! Shocked to hear this! Had no idea.
Condolences to family and loved ones
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2018, 05:22:21 PM »
Wow, shocking! RIP McComie.

1]; } ?>