April 16, 2024, 05:12:55 PM

Author Topic: The Golden Boy Keshorn Walcott Thread  (Read 102011 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Golden Boy Keshorn Walcott Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 03:24:53 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U37lk__DG44" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U37lk__DG44</a>
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 03:32:59 PM »
Soca.. I know you feel this..

Keshorn has made black history for Trinidad and the Caribbean. Excellent independence gift. We cant let the government overlook this. This is huge.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »

Keshorn has made black history for Trinidad and the Caribbean. Excellent independence gift. We cant let the government overlook this. This is huge.

It's 2012 brother, let's be happy for our nation.  He's made history for Trinidad (and Tobago) and the Caribbean.  Together we aspire, together we achieve, believe me, all races celebrating Keshorn today in TnT :beermug:
whey boy!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 03:40:10 PM »

It's 2012 brother, let's be happy for our nation.  He's made history for Trinidad (and Tobago) and the Caribbean.  Together we aspire, together we achieve, believe me, all races celebrating Keshorn today in TnT :beermug:

I agree.. But just watch and see. If Keshorn was Jamaican... That my friend, will be known for what it is.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »

Plus he was the youngest T&F gold medallist for this Olympics even beating out Kirani James to that claim to fame!

I’m only sad that our girls didn't medal in the 4x100m relay as they worked so hard and deserved to come back home with something to show for their efforts and great improvement since last Olympics! Our ladies basically held their own with the men creating a very balanced T&T team and hopefully they will inspire more of our females to take athletics seriously and to hopely display their talents on the biggest world stage!

Happy 50th Indepnedence everyone, we have much to be proud of!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:43:17 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 03:43:04 PM »

Plus he was the youngest T&F gold medallist for this Olympics even beating out Kirani James to that claime to fame!

I’m only sad that our girls didn't medal in the 4x100m relay as they worked so hard and deserved to come back home with something to show for their efforts and great improvement since last Olympics! Our ladies basically held their own with the men creating a very balanced T&T team and hopefully they will inspire more of our females to take athletics seriously and to hopely display their talents on the biggest world stage!

Happy 50th Indepnedence everyone, we have much to be proud of!  :beermug:

Exactly Soca.. The administration cant treat this as just another gold medal. THIS IS BIG. I could name at least 5-7 "firsts" that this young man accomplished by winning the gold.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 03:46:32 PM »
Thank God 4 youtube
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Has it? School in session in August?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Looks like Independence & Carnival celebrations starting early this year!!  :rotfl:

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »
I wonder what faster, Crawfie or the javelin??

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Has it? School in session in August?

Bakes...where u seeing a school uniform?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »
I could just imagine the lyrics of Superblue's new comeback song ahready!

Let yuh rag do some travelling
Like when Keshorn let go he Javelin

From best mango pelter in Toco
To Olympic Javelin champion for Trinbago!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »

Listen brother, lets not go there with this "together we aspire, together we achieve" talk.... There is no need for you to try and turn my comments into that..

Javelin has been traditionally dominated by Europeans the same way the 100m has been dominated by people of African descent. Now the only thing that can equal Keshorn achievements in my book, is if Lemaitre had won the gold in the 100m or 200m.

That is what is important, not whether or not all the "races" are celebrating this...

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »

Listen brother, lets not go there with this "together we aspire, together we achieve" talk.... There is no need for you to try and turn my comments into that..

Javelin has been traditionally dominated by Europeans the same way the 100m has been dominated by people of African descent. Now the only thing that can equal Keshorn achievements in my book, is if Lemaitre had won the gold in the 100m or 200m.

That is what is important, not whether or not all the "races" are celebrating this...

and even if lemaitre won d the 100 or 200 it wouldnt be as much of a big deal since valery borzov already did that.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2012, 04:24:07 PM »
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :flamethrower: :duel: :flamethrower: :cheers: :cheers: :party: :party: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :whip: :whip: :whip:

I gone down on de Ave......by ah bar.....anyone....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »
Bakes...where u seeing a school uniform?

You could be right... I was looking at the fellas on the left.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2012, 04:38:59 PM »

and even if lemaitre won d the 100 or 200 it wouldnt be as much of a big deal since valery borzov already did that.

Thats right Nightmare. If Keshorn was American, this would be one of the big stories. Hopefully, it gets the attention it deserves.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »
Walcott becomes youngest winner of javelin gold

LONDON — Trinidad and Tobago's Keshorn Walcott won the men's Olympic javelin title on Saturday to become, at 19, the youngest winner of the gold medal.

Walcott threw a national record of 84.58 metres while Oleksandr Pyatnytsya of Ukraine took silver (84.51) and Finland's Antti Ruuskanen the bronze (84.12).

Walcott gave his country their first athletics Olympic medal outside the sprints.

It is also only their second gold medallist -- Hasely Crawford's victory in the 1976 men's 100m being the first.

"I started javelin in 2009," said Walcott. "It wasn't the most popular event in Trinidad and Tobago so hopefully it will be known now more and field events will be done.

"I am more than stunned. I am surprised by my performance. I just went into the final to enjoy it so to win a gold medal is a feeling I can't really explain."

Two time defending champion Andreas Thorkildsen of Norway finished sixth.
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »

all I can say at this time is that I salute you brother

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »

LONDON — Trinidad and Tobago's Keshorn Walcott won the men's Olympic javelin title on Saturday to become, at 19, the youngest winner of the gold medal.

Walcott threw a national record of 84.58 metres while Oleksandr Pyatnytsya of Ukraine took silver (84.51) and Finland's Antti Ruuskanen the bronze (84.12).

Walcott gave his country their first athletics Olympic medal outside the sprints.

It is also only their second gold medallist -- Hasely Crawford's victory in the 1976 men's 100m being the first.

"I started javelin in 2009," said Walcott. "It wasn't the most popular event in Trinidad and Tobago so hopefully it will be known now more and field events will be done.

"I am more than stunned. I am surprised by my performance. I just went into the final to enjoy it so to win a gold medal is a feeling I can't really explain."

I want to see the article that says the first non-European. Cause if it was Lemaitre in the sprints, we would hear that before anything else.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Golden Boy Keshorn Walcott Thread
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »

I want to see the article that says the first non-European. Cause if it was Lemaitre in the sprints, we would hear that before anything else.

True talk
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »
He is the second non European. An American Cy Young won in 1952.  Javelin might be changing big time, a Kenyan was in the final as well.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2012, 06:05:56 PM »
He is the second non European. An American Cy Young won in 1952.  Javelin might be changing big time, a Kenyan was in the final as well.

Cy Young was Caucasian..

I guess we need to say it for what it is then. The first black man or person of African descent. I like the sound of that.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »
Keshorn is so humble. After he won, he remained so calm. No pose, no showing off. Just humble. Im amazed at this young boy. Just amazed
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2012, 06:22:28 PM »
In every event this youth has won a medal in for javelin throwing it has been gold. WOW!

Olympic Games
Gold   2012 London   Javelin throw

World Junior Championships
Gold   2012 Barcelona   Javelin throw

CARIFTA Games (Junior)
Gold   2012 Hamilton   Javelin throw
Gold   2011 Montego Bay   Javelin throw
Gold   2010 George Town   Javelin throw

CAC Junior Championships
Gold   2012 San Salvador   Javelin throw
Gold   2010 Santo Domingo   Javelin throw

CARIFTA Games (Youth)