April 20, 2024, 12:00:56 AM

Author Topic: Race incident sees Republican convention expulsions  (Read 1414 times)

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Race incident sees Republican convention expulsions
« on: August 30, 2012, 08:36:44 AM »
Race incident sees Republican convention expulsions

http://news.yahoo.com/race-incident-sees-republican-convention-expulsions-155400054.html?_esi=1

Two people were ejected from the Republican National Convention when they threw nuts at a black CNN camera woman and said "this is how we feed animals," the network said Wednesday.

"CNN can confirm there was an incident directed at an employee inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum" on Tuesday, the opening day of a gala at which former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney will accept his party's nomination to challenge President Barack Obama in November's election.

"CNN worked with convention officials to address this matter and will have no further comment."

Several witnesses observed the exchange, CNN reported, and convention security personnel immediately removed the two people from the forum.

The convention confirmed the incident in a statement late Tuesday.

"Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior. Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated," organizers said.

The incident is surely not what Republicans wanted 10 weeks out from the election. Romney has struggled to attract African American voters as well as Hispanics, and he is also on the wrong side of the gender gap, with polls consistently showing women voters preferring Obama to Romney.

Current TV journalist and talk radio host David Shuster first tweeted about the incident Tuesday night.

"GOP attendee ejected for throwing nuts at African American CNN camera woman + saying 'This is how we feed animals,'" Shuster posted on Twitter.

Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Race incident sees Republican convention expulsions
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 09:46:51 AM »
Republicans such nice people
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
and condi rice speak same night. dey throw money at she.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/klG9G4BDLtA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/klG9G4BDLtA</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
Black camerawoman ‘not surprised’ by peanut pelting at the RNC

The CNN camerawoman who was reportedly the victim of racially-motivated taunting on the floor of the Republican National Convention is speaking out about her ordeal.

“I hate that it happened, but I’m not surprised at all,” Patricia Carroll, 34, told Maynard Institute blogger Richard Prince. Prince’s blog addresses issues of racial diversity in journalism.

“This situation could happen to me at the Democratic convention or standing on the street corner,” she added. “Racism is a global issue.”

According to reports, Carroll was pelted with peanuts by a couple GOP convention attendees while covering the proceedings. She was allegedly told, “This is how we feed animals.”

CNN acknowledged that an incident took place and the RNC removed the two individuals who were allegedly responsible.

“Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior,” convention spokesman Kyle Downey told The Hill. “Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated.”

For her part, Carroll, who is a 34-year-old Alabama native, says this kind of behavior is often spurred by a lack of diversity.

“This is Florida, and I’m from the Deep South,” said Carroll. “You come to places like this, you can count the black people on your hand. They see us doing things they don’t think I should do.”

She then pointed out that “there are not many black women” at the RNC.
“I can’t change these people’s hearts and minds,” Carroll added. “No, it doesn’t feel good. But I know who I am. I’m a proud black woman. A lot of black people are upset. This should be a wake-up call to black people…. People were living in euphoria for a while. People think we’ve gone further than we have.”

http://thegrio.com/2012/08/30/black-camerawoman-not-surprised-by-peanut-pelting-at-the-rnc/
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »
These people need to show some class... at least pelt cashews.

AirMan

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:06:20 PM by AirMan »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »
All them republican is closet racist. Yeh i said it, shoot me now.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »
Ms. Carroll u are woman of class.. :notworthy:
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>