March 29, 2024, 05:47:14 AM

Author Topic: PNM Sour puss  (Read 15925 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PNM Sour puss
« on: September 01, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »
dais all dey is... bout dey having dey own celebration... good going .. Trini's see how dumb allyuh is ... allyuh is a bunch of freeking sour puss.. happy independence to My Fellow Trini's

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: PNM Sour puss
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:56:15 AM »
Granted PNM had their celebrations planned since June, but since you know so much, carry on  ::)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »
Granted PNM had their celebrations planned since June, but since you know so much, carry on  ::)
u have time sweetie ::) :D
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 04:51:47 AM »

On top of which, they asked to government from early to assist with planning the Independence celebrations but the UNC PP government hell bent on re-writing history, wanted to sideline Dr. Williams and minimise the FACT that their "ancestors" opposed independence.  The PNM say to hell with all yuh we doing we own thing. Then last minute, last minute Tewarie and dem organise the Woodfood Sq. thing and making it look like the PNM are the ones who just damn miserable.....

Normally, I doh take on Warmonga and he shyte but just to set the record straight for the other forumites who eh know what really going on.  The foreign based in particular who tend to get misguided..... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 07:48:04 AM »
as I say "sour puss" and dey going to be like dat for many many years to come because PP UNC whatever dey call themselves going to run TNT for di next 100 years ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
PNM dragged T&T down

Story Created: Sep 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM ECT
(
Story Updated: Sep 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM ECT )

Upon reflection, I believe as a country we should have achieved First World status some years ago, but have been denied this by a government of mismanagement, corruption, nepotism, biasness and intellectual bankruptcy in the People's National Movement (PNM).

Two of the major stumbling blocks in our development as an independent nation came just eight years after independence, and 20 years following, due to the PNM's lack of equity for all and dishonesty to many.

The 1970 uprising put fear into the minds of both foreign investors and local businesses that set us back at least 15 years. The fear that we could not manage our affairs seemed to hold. And then, 20 years later, an attempted coup set us back a further 50 years.

What the movers of our economy saw was that the perpetrators won their freedom shortly after, without any fuss, and they had to function with them in an environment of business as usual. Two events that would have had opposite decisions in any First World country.

I remember in 1962 there was a deep fear in the minds of the adults in my community who were wondering if they will have to go through a ration programme again, as they did in their teens. That fear, I am sure, gave them the drive to be more productive. They did produce, but were hampered by a bunch of inept and selfish leaders from within the PNM.

Twice before we had opportunities to achieve First World status, but were dragged back by a self-seeking bunch. We have another opportunity and the resources, both human and financial, to achieve our goals as an independent nation. The leaders of the People's Partnership must do all that is necessary to prevent the PNM and its cohorts from dragging us away from true independence.

Lystra Lythe

Sangre Grande
Black Lives Matter..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:44:52 PM »
lystra lythe is a semiliterate bamsy licker dat always talks shit
I pity the fool....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »
I don't know why they allow people like that lystra lythe woman a forum to post such tripe.
How did the 1970 uprising set TnT back 15 years? I wonder where she pull that number from? How many of the businesses that were present in 1970 survived through the 80's or are still present? The major foreign companies that were there at the time the oil companies and Alcoa stayed they didn't flee so I don't know what this woman talkin bout.
But then again anyone who thinks of a country in terms of first second and third world clearly doesn't have an understanding of modern world economies.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »
I don't know why they allow people like that lystra lythe woman a forum to post such tripe.
How did the 1970 uprising set TnT back 15 years? I wonder where she pull that number from? How many of the businesses that were present in 1970 survived through the 80's or are still present? The major foreign companies that were there at the time the oil companies and Alcoa stayed they didn't flee so I don't know what this woman talkin bout.
But then again anyone who thinks of a country in terms of first second and third world clearly doesn't have an understanding of modern world economies.

well people lacking working brain cells does agree wit she......it was after all posted here, I assume to fight a point..........eerh whatever that is ;)
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 11:10:01 AM »
The companies that left TT after 70s left because of world economic business climate. TT land oil had depleted.  The oil companies did not want to go off shore. Only Amoco decided to do that. BP sold out. Texaco sold out, Shell sold out. Esso(Exxon) left. The only company I remeber that came in was Tesoro. Tate&Lyle(Caroni) wanted out because Euro. beet sugar was cheaper and England was going into the Euro. Coca, coffee, Banana was not making that much money. Oil was about 10 bucks a barrell. So TT was not getting plenty money. We had to import most of the oil from Venezuela to run the refineries. We hardly had money. Hence 69 to 73 was strikes by oil, sugar and public servants.

When the Arabs started the oil embargo and the price of oil went to 25/30/40 dollars a barrel, that is when we got the big windfall. The PNM gov't did not know how to handle that kind of money in the beginning. HENCE  all the wastage and thiefin'. However, Williams decided that we should go into petrochemical production. That is why we have Pt. Lisas complex. But even before they built that, plenty people on both side of the aisle thought going into petrochemical production was not sustainable in the longrun, but Eric with he hard head thought otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:09:54 PM by Deeks »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
PNM dragged T&T down

Story Created: Sep 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM ECT
(
Story Updated: Sep 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM ECT )

Upon reflection, I believe as a country we should have achieved First World status some years ago, but have been denied this by a government of mismanagement, corruption, nepotism, biasness and intellectual bankruptcy in the People's National Movement (PNM).

Two of the major stumbling blocks in our development as an independent nation came just eight years after independence, and 20 years following, due to the PNM's lack of equity for all and dishonesty to many.

The 1970 uprising put fear into the minds of both foreign investors and local businesses that set us back at least 15 years. The fear that we could not manage our affairs seemed to hold. And then, 20 years later, an attempted coup set us back a further 50 years.

What the movers of our economy saw was that the perpetrators won their freedom shortly after, without any fuss, and they had to function with them in an environment of business as usual. Two events that would have had opposite decisions in any First World country.

I remember in 1962 there was a deep fear in the minds of the adults in my community who were wondering if they will have to go through a ration programme again, as they did in their teens. That fear, I am sure, gave them the drive to be more productive. They did produce, but were hampered by a bunch of inept and selfish leaders from within the PNM.

Twice before we had opportunities to achieve First World status, but were dragged back by a self-seeking bunch. We have another opportunity and the resources, both human and financial, to achieve our goals as an independent nation. The leaders of the People's Partnership must do all that is necessary to prevent the PNM and its cohorts from dragging us away from true independence.

Lystra Lythe

Sangre Grande

Very poor Journalism. No facts or examples. Relies on "hopefulness" to make readers believe.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 03:35:08 PM »
That just goes to show that any monkey with ah degree could write some second hand me down information that they got from a duncey relative without doing any research and have an open forum to poison the uninformed.  i told allyuh from early that i really hate they UNC country indian party, dem only come for power to help indians, and segregate the population, impoverish and mash up the country.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:37:58 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »
Indeed. They are also rewriting the history of T&T so the Indian community can be proud of being "Indian" first then Trinidadian second. The truth is that the sporting and cultural accomplishments made by the Africans in T&T (Soca Warriors, Olympics, pan, etc), are what really put Trinbago on the map.

On another note, there was an article this week or last week where Kamla suggested that tassa should be honoured just like pan. This is no different than 2005, when some members in the Indian business community were only willing to sponsor the soca warriors if the name was changed to "chutney soca warriors" or "soca chutney warriors". Rewriting history?

The idea of "honouring tassa just like pan" or "soca chutney warriors" are all attempts to increase the sense of belongingness amongst Indians in T&T. Moreover, these are also attempts to tell the world that Indians in T&T have equally contributed to the well known accomplishments made by T&T on the global stage. Again, rewriting history...

In case you dont know, tassa came from Iran.. Indians never created it in Trinidad. So if we are going to honour tassa in the same manner as pan, then we might as well honour the trumpet or piano in the same manner.

I heard that Ban Ki Moon made a statement about pan being an "invention by Indians in Trinidad". Again rewriting history..

Brownsugar is right...The African is being erased from the history books in T&T.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:26:19 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 07:37:37 AM »

Brownsugar is right...The African is being erased from the history books in T&T.

Gawd u like Mike Maurice..you blinded by d sun...if yuh iz such ah academic...who is d Indian and African being erased by?  Think ahead brother...not behind....

D Indian & African...have never had any severe tribal wars... while d landlord (be my guest)laughing at all ah we......move on people.....together we aspire...together we achieve!!!
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 09:08:23 AM »

Gawd u like Mike Maurice..you blinded by d sun...if yuh iz such ah academic...who is d Indian and African being erased by?  Think ahead brother...not behind....

D Indian & African...have never had any severe tribal wars... while d landlord (be my guest)laughing at all ah we......move on people.....together we aspire...together we achieve!!!

agree!

And no African being erased...the Indian diaspora is requesting inclusion in the history books and rightfully so...as do the Chinese and the Syrians and whoever

ironic it sounding like white americans getting vex at including african american history in the history books...

difference is we sounding like a bunch of pothounds fighting over scraps...
whey boy!

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 05:09:24 PM »
The fact two major political parties practice segregational politricks. The PP is doing nonsense but this fact does not make PNM the solution. All this talk about Indian and African is disheartening, yes I am Indian,it would seem that would make me a second class Trinidadian cause after all Trinis of African descent put us on the map. So while I Can be happy that mr Walcott won a gold, it seem that I also need to be aware that he comes from a section of the population that excludes me. Tell me when can I just be happy and proud because someone from the only place I will  ever consider to be home Has done something impressive.

For myself I am Trinidadian first, a fact that anyone who calls me Indian is made aware off, the steel pan is distinctively trini that cannot be said for the tassa.

Enough with the crabs in a bucket already.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:35:42 PM by trinindian »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
The fact two major political parties practice segregational politricks. The PP is doing nonsense but this fact does not make PNM the solution. All this talk about Indian and African is disheartening, yes I am Indian,it would seem that would make me a second class Trinidadian cause after all Trinis of African descent put us of the map. So while I Can be happy that mr Walcott won a gold, I also need to be aware that he comes from a section of the population that excludes me. Tell me when can I just be happy and proud because someone from the only place I will  ever consider to be home Has done something impressive.

For myself I am Trinidadian first, a fact that anyone who calls me Indian is made aware off, the steel pan is distinctively trini that cannot be said for the tassa.

in what way, if there is indotrini athletic talent dis country we way to small to ignore dem, especially for dumb reasons like "dem is indian" fact of the matter is dat dat talent never presents itself, if it out there it is suppressed, in favor of academics, d entire UTT sports program was almost out d door due in part to that very same mindset..........since Gopiesingh became MoE he has consistently trained his guns on extracurricular activities in schools including sports...............in many ways as far as sport is concerned and being included therein, indotrinis do themselves the most harm, discrimination not withstanding, and it does not help when Sat makes dumb statements to d effect that indians are deliberately left out of the olympic team....d Olympic team is not ah pick up side AFAIK, qualifications were met to be there
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:17:56 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »

agree!

And no African being erased...the Indian diaspora is requesting inclusion in the history books and rightfully so...as do the Chinese and the Syrians and whoever

ironic it sounding like white americans getting vex at including african american history in the history books...

difference is we sounding like a bunch of pothounds fighting over scraps...

I never said the Indian was being erased from history...

I am grateful that there has never been any ethnic/tribal wars between the African and Indian in T&T. I am glad that we havent followed the same path as that small minority of people in Guyana. I am about unity, but also about truth.

Maybe I should rephrase my statement about the "African being slowly erased from the history books". Although, I am not retracting, I do believe something like that is occurring in history books. So to be a little more sensitive, I will say the "African is having their history written by others with underhanded intentions". This is something that has been taking place for years. And it does not necessarily involve a man writing a book. There are many political statements (verbal or symbolic) made by governments and people in power that end up becoming historical documents or proofs of this revision or rewriting of the African's history.i.e Carnival coming from the French... Or honour Pan like Tassa.

Proof is in the pudding though. The current administration in TT, has taking up the role of being "author of Trinidadian history" (again its not about writing a book.. but making a political statement or gesture) . For instance, about a few months before the 50th anniversary, PPP UNC party officials were entertaining the idea that the DLP early leaders along with Williams should be considered as the Founding Fathers. It took a long time for Kam and the PP to recognize Eric Williams as the Founding Father .. Certainly ridiculous. The concept of "Founding Father or Father of the Nation" rides on the actions made by the early leader or leaders to make steps towards creating a nation. There is no disputing that Eric Williams was that person.

This is where it gets deep...  The early DLP members opposed the uniting of the West Indies Federation. Eventually, this opposition towards a united West Indies Federation, would evolve into an opposition against Trinidad's Independence. In fact the DLP members preferred if Trinidad remained under British or even become under U.S rule. In other words the DLP, who were largely supported by the Indian community, were opposed to Trinidadian Independence... This is what Brown Sugar was talking about.

The two separate independence celebrations, as opposed to one,  are symbols of this historical division towards Indpendence. Kam does not want to rejog the cultural memory of half of T&T. Moreover, putting the DLP on "Founding Father status" is an attempt to rewrite what was really happening during the time leading up to independence.

To those who replied to my earlier post.... I am about unity, but also about truth. I enjoy dropping the Science. I love you all!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:50:23 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: PNM Sour puss
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »
The fact two major political parties practice segregational politricks. The PP is doing nonsense but this fact does not make PNM the solution. All this talk about Indian and African is disheartening, yes I am Indian,it would seem that would make me a second class Trinidadian cause after all Trinis of African descent put us of the map. So while I Can be happy that mr Walcott won a gold, I also need to be aware that he comes from a section of the population that excludes me. Tell me when can I just be happy and proud because someone from the only place I will  ever consider to be home Has done something impressive.

in what way, if there is indotrini athletic talent dis country we way to small to ignore dem, especially for dumb reasons like "dem is indian" fact of the matter is dat dat talent never presents itself, if it out there it is suppressed, in favor of academics, d entire UTT sports program was almost out d door due in part to that very same mindset..........since the Gopiesingh became MoE he has consistently trained his guns and extracurricular activities in schools including sports...............in many ways as far as sport is concerned and being included therein indotrinis do themselves the most harm, discrimination not withstand and it does not help when Sat makes dumb statements to d effect that indians are deliberately left out of the olympic team....d Olympic team is not ah pick up side AFAIK, qualifications were met to be there

Sat say that? Hahaha he is a clown. In all my years of track I have only seen 3 Indian runners, Harry Persad who was a middle distance runner and 2 fellas that used train with me. Then the next thing is football where a good friend of mine could not play for the school team because he father say he go break he leg. He was a good player.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 06:58:55 PM »

I love that name Trinindian.

Dont get me wrong. Because Afri-Trinidadians put Trinidad on the global in terms of sports and and cultural accomplishments, that does not make Indians less of a citizen. Look at Canada for instances, before the 80s and 90s, the majority of the sporting accomplishments for Canada have been made by "white" or "Canadian Canadians". This does not make non-whites second class citizens.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:03:36 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »

in what way, if there is indotrini athletic talent dis country we way to small to ignore dem, especially for dumb reasons like "dem is indian" fact of the matter is dat dat talent never presents itself, if it out there it is suppressed, in favor of academics, d entire UTT sports program was almost out d door due in part to that very same mindset..........since the Gopiesingh became MoE he has consistently trained his guns and extracurricular activities in schools including sports...............in many ways as far as sport is concerned and being included therein indotrinis do themselves the most harm, discrimination not withstand and it does not help when Sat makes dumb statements to d effect that indians are deliberately left out of the olympic team....d Olympic team is not ah pick up side AFAIK, qualifications were met to be there

Sat say that? Hahaha he is a clown. In all my years of track I have only seen 3 Indian runners, Harry Persad who was a middle distance runner and 2 fellas that used train with me. Then the next thing is football where a good friend of mine could not play for the school team because he father say he go break he leg. He was a good player.

I know what you mean. I have some Indian friends who I played football with. They were good players. They all related. Said they grew up playing with the Africans. While their uncles played Cricket, their father was the only one that played football.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 07:43:34 PM »
The fact two major political parties practice segregational politricks. The PP is doing nonsense but this fact does not make PNM the solution. All this talk about Indian and African is disheartening, yes I am Indian,it would seem that would make me a second class Trinidadian cause after all Trinis of African descent put us on  the map. So while I Can be happy that mr Walcott won a gold, it would seem that I also need to be aware that he comes from a section of the population that excludes me. Tell me when can I just be happy and proud because someone from the only place I will  ever consider to be home Has done something impressive.

Edited my post to clarify the point I am attempting to make. Which is  I just want to be happy for a fellow country man/woman and don't have to be reminded of that person racial background. Don't care for Sat or any others cut in the same vein.  They are hypocritics and I chose not to be one.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 12:09:10 AM »

Dont get me wrong.Because Afri-Trinidadians put Trinidad on the global in terms of sports and and cultural accomplishments that does not make Indians less of a citizen. Look at Canada for instances, before the 80s and 90s, the majority of the sporting accomplishments for Canada have been made by "white" or "Canadian Canadians". This does not make non-whites second class citizens.

So what about
V.S. Naipaul
Samuel selvon
Anya Ayoung-Chee
Rudranath Capildeo
Foxy brown
Niki Minaj
Ian Hanomansing

Not athletes but Defintely cultural ambassadors
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:12:37 AM by trinindian »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 01:54:06 AM »

Dont get me wrong.Because Afri-Trinidadians put Trinidad on the global in terms of sports and and cultural accomplishments that does not make Indians less of a citizen. Look at Canada for instances, before the 80s and 90s, the majority of the sporting accomplishments for Canada have been made by "white" or "Canadian Canadians". This does not make non-whites second class citizens.

So what about
V.S. Naipaul
Samuel selvon
Anya Ayoung-Chee
Rudranath Capildeo
Foxy brown
Niki Minaj
Ian Hanomansing

Yuh talking about the stripper who used to be in miramer?

Yeh boi she was a rell cultural/athletic icon... a never see a woman manipulate and vibrate buttocks like that since
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:58:53 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 03:49:26 AM »

So what about
V.S. Naipaul
Samuel selvon
Anya Ayoung-Chee
Rudranath Capildeo
Foxy brown
Niki Minaj
Ian Hanomansing

Yeh boi she was a rell cultural/athletic icon... a never see a woman manipulate and vibrate buttocks like that since
Come nah man fish, yuh dun know iz the rapper foxy brown from brooklyn he talking bout, and the last i checked, she is of african decent. and trinidadian, please take nikki maharaj of that list since she is not 100% indian, her mother black and she fardder is  indian, that would make her a dougla, and lets face it, in the indian community they loath half african pickninee, and does call dem all kinda stink names like n!gger man chile, carparr and children of warraan.

i have ah few good dougla friends who hate their indian family bc of the abuse they got growing up and wants nothing to do with their other half.

unfortunately country hindus does give all indians ah bad rap. for the most part indians in town doesn't even want tuh have anything to do with country bookie indians, them does be on real sh!t, and does live for the racial divide.

of my friends and their relatives, they were mostly country hindu. i know urban indians doh go on wid dat nonsense, but the rural ones??? is real hate and segregation them does be on!

and yeh, annya have black blood in she too, so i don't believe she counts either.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:56:37 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 04:10:55 AM »

So what about
V.S. Naipaul
Samuel selvon
Anya Ayoung-Chee
Rudranath Capildeo
Foxy brown
Niki Minaj
Ian Hanomansing

Come nah man fish, yuh dun know iz the rapper foxy brown from brooklyn he talking bout, and the last i checked, she is of african decent. and trinidadian, please take nikki maharaj of that list since she is not 100% indian, her mother black and she fardder is  indian, that would make her a dougla, and lets face it, in the indian community they loath half african pickninee, and does call dem all kinda stink names like n!gger man chile, carparr and children of warraan.

i have ah few good dougla friends who hate their indian family bc of the abuse they got growing up and wants nothing to do with their other half.

unfortunately country hindus does give all indians ah bad rap. for the most part indians in town doesn't even want tuh have anything to do with country bookie indians, them does be on real sh!t, and does live for the racial divide.

of my friends and their relatives, they were mostly country hindu. i know urban indians doh go on wid dat nonsense, but the rural ones??? is real hate and segregation them does be on!

and yeh, annya have black blood in she too, so i don't believe she counts either.

Yeh I know , just using mih sarcasm on him, since I find is a kinda ridiculous post. BTW The foxy Brown I talking bout was real and she was african descent as well .... Ah sure Truetrini would a know her well  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 08:12:59 AM »

So what about
V.S. Naipaul
Samuel selvon
Anya Ayoung-Chee
Rudranath Capildeo
Foxy brown
Niki Minaj
Ian Hanomansing

I feel you.. Some of those mentioned above have made great strides with increasing Trinbago's brand/name globally. But I am more speaking about the cultural symbols that are recognized globally. For instance, Pan and Calypso are much more known than half of those people on the list. Also, those above are not even cultural icons as yet .i.e. Bob Marley... Hanomansingh is an excellent journalist, Naipul (although I dont agree with everything he was writing about) still by far an excellent author. Rudranath was a brilliant man. DLP brought him in because they thought he can match wits with Eric Williams. Which he did many times.

Please dont get me wrong fellas, I am not saying that Indians did not make any major accomplishments in and for T&T. I would be a fool to even think that. All I am saying is that the cultural and sporting accomplishments that seems to get the world's attention or most of the world even knows about, are ones made by the Afri-Trinidadian community.

To clarify myself from my original position, I am opposed to the idea of minimizing the Africans role in producing Trinidad's culture i.e. Carnival coming from the French or Steel pan a product of a joint effort between the African and the Indian. For the former, Carnival began on emancipation day, it was changed to the period before Lent by the colonial government. Also, that served as a good way to "Christianize" the African. As for the idea that Steel pan is a collaboration between African and Indians.. race was should not be mentioned, I am happy with pan being a Trinidadian accomplishment. However, during discourses on pan history, pan is usually mentioned as such... a product of race and ethnicity unity. As I said, Race or ethnicity should not be mentioned. But if it is going to be mentioned, then it should not be used to mislead or fool people. 

Last, I am also against the rewriting of Trinidad history through political statements and gestures that the administration is currently engaged in.

Trinindian, bring more names of the Indo-Trinidadian intellectual giants i.e. Rudranath. I believe there are still some out there that I havent heard of as yet. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:14:31 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
Foxy brown aka Inga Marchand is a doughla. The Examples was not mean to be a indo-trinidadian but a list of others not strictly of Afro descent  that have had success on the international stage. Maybe you are right for those individuals that were found to be objectionable  the individual constituents are more important than the whole because any success that they had was strictly due to their african heritage. Guess Samuel Selvon does not belong, after all he is half Scott and that is why he was successful.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 08:30:25 AM »

I feel you.. Some of those mentioned above have made great strides with increasing Trinbago's brand/name globally. But I am more speaking about the cultural symbols that are recognized globally. For instance, Pan and Calypso are much more known than half of those people on the list. Also, those above are not even cultural icons as yet .i.e. Bob Marley... Hanomansingh is an excellent journalist, Naipul (although I dont agree with everything he was writing about) still by far an excellent author. Rudranath was a brilliant man. DLP brought him in because they thought he can match wits with Eric Williams. Which he did many times.

Please dont get me wrong fellas, I am not saying that Indians did not make any major accomplishments in and for T&T. I would be a fool to even think that. All I am saying is that the cultural and sporting accomplishments that seems to get the world's attention or most of the world even knows about, are ones made by the Afri-Trinidadian community.

To clarify myself from my original position, I am opposed to the idea of minimizing the Africans role in producing Trinidad's culture i.e. Carnival coming from the French or Steel pan a product of a joint effort between the African and the Indian. For the former, Carnival began on emancipation day, it was changed to the period before Lent by the colonial government. Also, that served as a good way to "Christianize" the African. As for the idea that Steel pan is a collaboration between African and Indians.. race was should not be mentioned, I am happy with pan being a Trinidadian accomplishment. However, during discourses on pan history, pan is usually mentioned as such... a product of race and ethnicity unity. As I said, Race or ethnicity should not be mentioned. But if it is going to be mentioned, then it should not be used to mislead or fool people. 

Last, I am also against the rewriting of Trinidad history through political statements and gestures that the administration is currently engaged in.

Trinindian, bring more names of the Indo-Trinidadian intellectual giants i.e. Rudranath. I believe there are still some out there that I havent heard of as yet. Thanks.

Agreed no ones contribution to the establishmet of the trinbago identity should be minimized, but sometimes broad sweeping statement can carry unintended meanings.

No other intellectuals come to mind immediately, but i will see what i can find should be educational if nothing else.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:50:08 AM by trinindian »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 08:39:21 AM »

So what about
V.S. Naipaul
Samuel selvon
Anya Ayoung-Chee
Rudranath Capildeo
Foxy brown
Niki Minaj
Ian Hanomansing

Dougla..lol

My great grandfather came with his family from Madras (Chennai) India to Trinidad. My grandfather is African and Indian. His Indian family used to call him dougla, and laugh. He accepted that as a term for mix African and Indian like majority of Trinis. As my grandfather grew up, he learned that dougla is Bhojpuri (Hindu dialect) for bastard. Thats why his Indian family used to laugh when they called him dougla or dougala...

1]; } ?>