March 28, 2024, 01:15:49 PM

Author Topic: beIN Sports channel  (Read 2852 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
beIN Sports channel
« on: September 08, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »
BEIN sports channel is fantastic.  I recently noticed that on dish network it is Channel 408.  It seems as though most of  the Concacaf WC qualifiers (excepts of course for those on the major networks) will be on bein. Right now Guatemala vs Antigua-Barbuda is on.

Bein could become bigger that fox soccer.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: beIN Sports channel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 06:22:16 PM »
BEIN sports channel is fantastic.  I recently noticed that on dish network it is Channel 408.  It seems as though most of  the Concacaf WC qualifiers (excepts of course for those on the major networks) will be on bein. Right now Guatemala vs Antigua-Barbuda is on.

Bein could become bigger that fox soccer.

I assume they have the same ridiculously awful commentator that I had on my stream last night though.  I won't pay for Fox Soccer or GolTV because they have those awful American commentators.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 04:02:24 AM »
BEIN Sports is fantastic. The commentary in the USA / Jamaica game was balanced and uplifting.
 We are also getting most of the qualifiers of the  South American groups, Good competition for FSC and Gold TV. Channel 620 in my neck of the woods- Direct TV

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 04:15:58 AM »
Until last weekend, I hadn't caught even a snippet of TV in weeks ... I was trying to find Fox and somebody turned to beIN and dahis how I managed to ketch a lil Ligue 1 action, but have no context about the channel. I was wondering what this channel was all about or from whence it came ...

Aside from that, I'm yet to even see a lime kicked in Europe.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 11:04:28 AM »
beIN is owned by Al-Jazeera, they bought the rights to La Liga and Serie A... taking over from Gol TV.  Can be found on channel 621 on DirecTV... who will be carrying Gol for only a couple more weeks.  Unlikely that Gol beIN will challenge FOX Soccer anytime soon.

Discussed here... http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=57797.0

EDIT:  Meant to say unlikely that beIN will challenge FOX Soccer anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:51:34 AM by Bakes »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »
Ah tracking now ... some weeks ago I read about the Al-Jazeera venture in one of the global dailies, but the beIN name didn't ring a bell as being the channel. 

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 11:23:22 AM »
beIN is owned by Al-Jazeera, they bought the rights to La Liga and Serie A... taking over from Gol TV.  Can be found on channel 621 on DirecTV... who will be carrying Gol for only a couple more weeks.  Unlikely that Gol will challenge FOX Soccer anytime soon.

When Guillet was over here, he was telling me that he was working for Al-Jazeera and that while Western countries believe its a terrorist channel, it actually just reports the news, but from a Middle East perspective. He said their World Cup coverage was the most watched in the world.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
beIN is owned by Al-Jazeera, they bought the rights to La Liga and Serie A... taking over from Gol TV.  Can be found on channel 621 on DirecTV... who will be carrying Gol for only a couple more weeks.  Unlikely that Gol will challenge FOX Soccer anytime soon.

When Guillet was over here, he was telling me that he was working for Al-Jazeera and that while Western countries believe its a terrorist channel, it actually just reports the news, but from a Middle East perspective. He said their World Cup coverage was the most watched in the world.   
I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that Western countries view Al-Jazeera as a terrorist channel... they've really reformed their image over the past 10 years or so.  At first they were linked with terrorism because they used to broadcast the beheadings and stuff... but they were also influential in the Arab Spring movement, particularly in Cairo.  No doubt that this move is genuinely football-related, but also meant to purchase some entre into Western media markets as well.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »

I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that Western countries view Al-Jazeera as a terrorist channel... they've really reformed their image over the past 10 years or so.  At first they were linked with terrorism because they used to broadcast the beheadings and stuff... but they were also influential in the Arab Spring movement, particularly in Cairo.  No doubt that this move is genuinely football-related, but also meant to purchase some entre into Western media markets as well.

Yeah, thats what Guillet was saying, but I can tell you that 3 years ago, people in UK generally just knew the station because of the beheadings and bin laden. The UK newspapers didn't help their image either!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »
Yeah, thats what Guillet was saying, but I can tell you that 3 years ago, people in UK generally just knew the station because of the beheadings and bin laden. The UK newspapers didn't help their image either!

I wouldn't doubt it... in fact I would say it was probably the same here in the US.  I think they did themselves a world of good with their treatment of the uprisings in the Middle East.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »

I wouldn't doubt it... in fact I would say it was probably the same here in the US.  I think they did themselves a world of good with their treatment of the uprisings in the Middle East.

Agreed.

1]; } ?>