March 28, 2024, 10:17:11 AM

Author Topic: NFL 2012-2013  (Read 3024 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
NFL 2012-2013
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »
Some serious beat down in the opening games this past week.

Scores
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:49:39 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2012-2013
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
The replacement refs have lost control of these games.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »
I feel for the replacement refs... League putting them in a tough situation.  Come like taking ah man with a regular driver's license and putting him behind the wheel of a semi and asking him to take it thru a timed obstacle course.  Can't fault them for not being up to snuff.

On another note... some great games on today, especially Detroit v. Tennessee... had everything, "Music City Miracle II" with the lateral pass on a kick return for TD, think they had a regular long return for a TD too...  Detroit down a TD with :14 seconds when they recovered an onside kick, followed by the Hail Mary at the end of the game by that actually worked.  Detroit coach musse thought he was playing with house money... down three points in overtime he decide to go for a 4th and 1 from about the 20 yard line it look like, rather than kick the FG to tie.  Of course it ent wuk... take loss in yuh ass.

Then everybody 'best team in the NFL', San Francisco gone up Minnesota and get they throat buss.  Eagles magic dust run out with all dem turnovers... getting routed in Arizona.  On Philly talk radio they dog out the Giants on Thursday before we blaze Carolina tail... oh de Panthers go beat the Giants.  Next day... crickets.  All ah sudden the Phillies get relevant again lol

Thriller between the Ravens and Patriots...

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »
On another note... some great games on today, especially Detroit v. Tennessee... had everything, "Music City Miracle II" with the lateral pass on a kick return for TD, think they had a regular long return for a TD too...  Detroit down a TD with :14 seconds when they recovered an onside kick, followed by the Hail Mary at the end of the game by that actually worked. Detroit coach musse thought he was playing with house money... down three points in overtime he decide to go for a 4th and 1 from about the 20 yard line it look like, rather than kick the FG to tie.  Of course it ent wuk... take loss in yuh ass.

de man bawli it had a miscommunication because of the crowd noise  :rotfl:

dey was going and try to draw Tennessee offside... and if dat didnt work take the timeout and kick the field goal... but nobody ent take the time out and dey snap de ball  :rotfl:

EDIT: oh and they was at de 7 yard line... ah chip shot.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:26:20 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 10:53:07 AM »
No Ravens fan here (Green Bay Packers all the way) but I'm glad they beat the Pats last night after they choked in last year's AFC championship game. Most of all I was really happy for Torrey Smith and impressed with his performace considering the tradegic news of losing his brother on the same day of the game.

That field goal at the end was close and a tough call for the refs, I've watched it over and over and still can't definitively tell if it went through the post or not. Belichek may have a fine on his hands or some type of repremand as well.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »
Revis is done for the season with a torn ACL...trouble for the Jets

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
On another note... some great games on today, especially Detroit v. Tennessee... had everything, "Music City Miracle II" with the lateral pass on a kick return for TD, think they had a regular long return for a TD too...  Detroit down a TD with :14 seconds when they recovered an onside kick, followed by the Hail Mary at the end of the game by that actually worked. Detroit coach musse thought he was playing with house money... down three points in overtime he decide to go for a 4th and 1 from about the 20 yard line it look like, rather than kick the FG to tie.  Of course it ent wuk... take loss in yuh ass.

de man bawli it had a miscommunication because of the crowd noise  :rotfl:

dey was going and try to draw Tennessee offside... and if dat didnt work take the timeout and kick the field goal... but nobody ent take the time out and dey snap de ball  :rotfl:

EDIT: oh and they was at de 7 yard line... ah chip shot.

Yeah ah see him on SportsCenter later on saying the plan was to try and draw them offside but that the center Dominic Raiola gone and snap de ball... apparently he was de only one who eh get de memo lol.  As a fellow alumn I like Schwartz, but ah really think he outsmart heself dey lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
Wow... Green Bay need to ask somebody fuh some Vaseline.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »
#Unbelievable.... :pissedoff:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 02:14:06 PM »
best player introduction ever. he actually went UCF in orlando.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFVqozbwH70" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oFVqozbwH70</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »
Peyton or Peterson for MVP???
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:52:16 PM by soccerman »

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
Rookie of the Year?  I only lookin at the QBs

Colts - Luck
Skins - RG III
Swahawks - Wilson

close call between RG III and Wilson

mind you luck has resurrected the Colts

todays wildcard games going to be good, like the last tilt Skins and Hawks

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »
Peyton or Peterson for MVP???
They would both be considered for comaback player of the year too
MVP Manning
Comback goes to Peterson, too bad Packers showed up at home yesterday

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »
Rookie of the Year?  I only lookin at the QBs

Colts - Luck
Skins - RG III
Swahawks - Wilson

close call between RG III and Wilson

mind you luck has resurrected the Colts

todays wildcard games going to be good, like the last tilt Skins and Hawks

This is indeed a special year for rookies but in particular QB's the 3 of them you mentioned all had an outstanding season but like you said rookie of the year maybe a toss up between RG 3 and Wilson, however you can make an agrument for any of three.

AirMan

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 08:54:15 AM »
No Giants, No Jets...so i dont care much

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
Great Superbowl....good 49ers come back to make it interesting

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »
Good game... the Ravens were the lesser of the two evils.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
What a great script by the NFL. Would do well at the box office.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »

BARBADOS CONGRATULATES RAMON HAREWOOD, FIRST EVER NFL PLAYER FROM THE ISLAND
Baltimore Ravens Player Marks First Barbadian to Make the Super Bowl

Toronto, Canada, (February 1, 2013) – One would not think that a tiny island 14 miles wide by 21 miles long formed by the collision of the Atlantic crystal and Caribbean plates would offer more than just sun, sea and sand, but Barbados, the eastern-most island in the Caribbean, continues to make quite a splash.  Barbados has brought the world musical superstars like Rihanna, Shontelle, Hal Linton; dishes such as flying fish & cou cou; the first Zagat guide to the Caribbean; was the only place visited outside of the U.S. by President George Washington;  is home to one of the oldest synagogues in the Western Hemisphere and has played host to world-class events and festivals. Adding to its already impressive roster, the island nation proudly congratulates Ramon Harewood of the Baltimore Ravens, the first ever NFL player to come from the island of Barbados and to make it to the Super Bowl.

"It is with extreme pride that I step onto the field for Super Bowl XLVII representing God, my family, the Baltimore Ravens and my native country of Barbados,” said Ramon Harewood, offensive lineman for the Baltimore Ravens.  “The strong academic foundation and diverse athletic training I received growing up in Barbados has enabled me to achieve success on many levels as an adult.

Harewood, a mere 7-year veteran of the sport, is an All-American from Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia.  Recruited on full academic scholarship, with hopes of becoming an engineer, Harewood joined the Morehouse team.  Prior to his transfer, from the University of the West Indies, watching American football on TV was the only exposure Harewood had to the sport.  A frequent runner, volleyball, cricket and rugby player, Harewood is a natural born athlete.  Combining his innate athleticism with his 6-foot-6 ½-inch, 341-pound build, Harewood's football potential could not be ignored by Michael Grant, assistant coach of the Morehouse College football team.  Harewood learned the game by watching from the sidelines.  He played just two games on defense in the 2006 season, moved to offense in 2007 and less than three years later he achieved All-American honors which ultimately led to his 2010 NFL draft pick and athletic sponsorship with Nike.
Following the Super Bowl, Harewood and famed teammates Michael Oher, Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin and Ladarius Webb plan to head back to his homeland of Barbados to lead a football training camp for children this Spring, sponsored by The Barbados Tourism Authority. According to Harewood, “It is very important for me to be seen as a positive role model for all Bajan youth and I am thrilled for the opportunity to host my first annual football camp on the island I call home." In conjunction with Sports Development Institute (SDI), a division of G3 Sports Marketing, LLC, the company strives to provide youth and teens exciting opportunities for growth and development physically, socially, mentally and emotionally while improving their leadership and communication skills.
“All Barbadians are thrilled that Ramon Harewood will be representing his home town of Barbados in Super Bowl XLVII this coming weekend,” said Cheryl Carter, Senior Business Development Manager of the Barbados Tourism Authority Canada. “Ramon's success and achievements coupled with his proud heritage continue to inspire Barbadians across the globe.  We wish him and the Baltimore Ravens the best of luck in the game on Sunday!"

1]; } ?>