April 23, 2024, 03:47:21 AM

Author Topic: Naparima 2005 National SSFL Champions!  (Read 13868 times)

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Naparima 2005 National SSFL Champions!
« on: October 29, 2005, 07:22:31 PM »
Naparima rule in SSFL 'Big Five'
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).
[/size]

Naparima College made the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) National League final seem like a fight to the death, with some resolute defending to see their team to their second "Big Five" title with a 1-0 win over favourites San Juan Secondary Comprehensive yesterday at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar.
Adisa Connel's free 41st minute header turned out to be enough to give "Naps" the win, as they remain the only unbeaten team for the 2005 BG T&T SSFL season.
Although their showing in Tuesday's 3-1 victory over Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive promised better things in the title match, San Juan just could not reproduce the magic that gave them a berth in the final. And Naparima had enough "Bluemagik"-as suggested by one of their supporter's flags-to make the difference.
From the kick-off, Naparima showed early aggression, but it was apparent that defending would be the key to their victory after San Juan skipper Elijah Manners found the net in the second minute, only to be adjudged offside.
Goalkeeper Leston Shade would be the real hero for Naparima, thwarting San Juan strikers Manners, Jonathan Romain and Kerry Daniel. At the other end, although 13-year-old Shahdon Winchester was having a tough time with the San Juan defence, Connel was creating quite a stir.
And in the 41st minute, he sent Naparima ahead. Renato Ramlochan caused Samuel to punch wide a header in desperation and from the ensuing corner, Connel rose from an unmarked position to head home, for a 1-0 Naps advantage at halftime.
The second period was when San Juan tested the mettle of their opponents. Manners and company forced a number of timely saves from Shade, but a committed defence threw everything at their attackers to keep the ball out.
It was clear Naps would have little chance at a second half goal so they needed to maintain their lead. Even so, San Juan had the perfect chance to draw level, but Kadeem Gibbs headed overbar from point-blank range in the 77th.
Even with more than four minutes of stoppage time, while the Naparima fans chanted "Blow de whistle, blow de whistle" at the referee, San Juan could not find the target, leaving supporters blue after the final whistle, as jubilant Naps fans made a lap of honour.
After the match, Naps manager Richard Nagaur expressed pride in his team's performance.
"I think we proved to everybody that Naps have the goods and that they can deliver," said Nagaur. "The guys played their hearts out. It may not have been our best game, but we scored one goal and they were able to defend that.
"We just have to keep our confidence and play to our strengths," Nagaur continued, "and we will win those (upcoming) games. A lot teams will have that respect for Naps now."

Teams:

Naparima:
Leston Shade; Sherrick Hillaire (capt), Dazel Lara, Kevin De Verteuil, Cion Samuel; Nigel Wright (Jamol Pierre 60th), Renato Ramlochan, Jayson Joseph (Dwight Charles 65th), Javed Mohammed; Shahdon Winchester (Andres Bestidas 85th), Adisa Connel.

San Juan:
Glenroy Samuel; Akil Harley, Dexter Edwards (Kadeem Gibbs 60th), Nathan Purcell, Joel Russell; Berhane Beckles, Rodell Elcock, Kerry Daniel, Anthony Guppy (Curtis Gonzalez 78th); Elijah Manners (capt), Jonathan Romain (Imiliano Joseph 69th).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 07:42:59 AM by Flex »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Naparima 2005 National SSFL Champions!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 07:47:36 PM »
The question si where's Palos and he odda North men that always giving chat! As mention..South run things ;D Congrats to Naps.. who here knows when humpy and cross used to play for naps?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 07:51:32 PM by Jumbie »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 07:51:57 PM »
CONGRATS FROM THE PLAYERS AND STAFF OF MALICK :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 07:57:25 PM »
MALICK GYALS , HAAA CUZ MALICK EH DO NO SET A TING!
CONGRATS NAPS!!!!!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 09:06:22 PM »
Down South, down South.  Way all de North men?

Offline naparimaoldboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
great run naps
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 09:32:46 PM »
congratulation are in order to naps

real proud

ponnox this win is for you, hater

people saying how naps bringing in alot of outsiders to play ball, why not. they give youths a chance at a high grade education, it is up to those kids to use the opportunity for their benefit.  a win win situation. 

alot of my buddies who played soccer with me at naps came from outisde and they got scholarships and doing well right now.

naps doing their thing and i am so proud of my old school
jesus christ is lord
john 3:16 "for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whosover believe in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
jesus is the answer
give your life to him today

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: great run naps
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 09:36:17 PM »
me too  ;D
now on to de Intercol  :beermug:
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 09:37:40 PM »
Down South, down South. Way all de North men?

yeah especially all dem Fatima man  ::)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline naparimaoldboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 09:41:42 PM »
yes feliaziano

and all them pres boys too - ponnox and dcwhiteboy

i cah wait to beat up on pres next year
jesus christ is lord
john 3:16 "for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whosover believe in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
jesus is the answer

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 09:53:26 PM »
Don't worry Naps.. Benedict's taking the south zone title next year.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 09:54:32 PM »
Second to Benedict's i have Naps winning intercol. South taking the intercol trophy  :rotfl:

Offline naparimaoldboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 10:10:08 PM »

The Naparima College Anthem
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Our Alma Mater dear,
the school we all revere,
make us worthy.
Help us ever to be
all that we ought to be,
and always proud of thee:
Naparima.

To thee the best we owe
with which we may endow
our island home.
No matter where we roam,
if near or far from home,
let us be always one
Naparima.

jesus christ is lord
jesus is the answer

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 11:12:29 PM »
yes feliaziano

and all them pres boys too - ponnox and dcwhiteboy

i cah wait to beat up on pres next year
yuh calling meh out! nah no scene congrats on de win..i glad for south to get the win...it eh change my views on nuttin tho...still congrats to de team...i still hoping pres cut allyuh tail on de 4th in intercol!  :beermug:
Back in Trini...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 11:18:39 PM »
the problem to me isnt that they bringing in players..that's all well and good...but the fact that if a student is only in school for football season and the teachers happy with that something is fundamentally wrong!
But congrats all de same
Back in Trini...

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 07:36:04 AM »
rah rah rah!! ;)
who cant put up .. must shut up!!!!
all the naps haters...
when last pres win something????
in the last decade?
*lol*
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 07:44:42 AM »
Go Naps Go. South taking EVERYTHING this year

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 07:59:26 AM »
congrats on the Big Five.

Intercol is a diff. story..

Naps will not go past the semis ...u heard it here first. ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 08:11:07 AM »
Ey Vb i hope u realised that Naparima was the ONLY uunbeaten team through-out the whole SSFL Season , that has to say something for the side.
CONGRATS NAPARIMA and it's coaches , Curtwin Baird, Shawn Cooper & Dunstan Williams

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 08:38:03 AM »
Isnt it amazing that coaches of School teams are hardly mentioned. Neither to praise nor to lambast, that is why we end up with so many of these jokers going on to coach national teams. In all other countries that are serious about sports the spotlight, on may occasions, fall on the coaches. This gives pepole the ability to judge and follow these coaches. But in sweet coaches are appointed by stealth a la Harriet Meiers. The result? we end up with the bertilles and the St anthony's man (cant remember his name) coaching our national teams. This shit must stop!!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 08:49:15 AM »
nah sub...I hatta disagree grover is boss coach 9even though I really dislike st anthonys).  it had a interview with him about 1 month back...you should read it.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 08:51:14 AM »
congratulation are in order to naps

real proud

ponnox this win is for you, hater

people saying how naps bringing in alot of outsiders to play ball, why not. they give youths a chance at a high grade education, it is up to those kids to use the opportunity for their benefit. a win win situation.

alot of my buddies who played soccer with me at naps came from outisde and they got scholarships and doing well right now.

naps doing their thing and i am so proud of my old school
Win-Win? When a school takes a player to play football, and just uses him and discards him afterwards. How is that win-win? If you are familiar with Junior Secondary education you will know that some of these kids focus on learning trades and NEC subjects when graduate to secondary school. If Naparima does not offer these subjects, which these kids prime themselves for ..What do expect them to do? Magically keep-up with the rest of the school in subjects that are new to them...The fact is that few players can catch-up and assimilate the work but most players cannot do that...Another thing is the that the players think that they are the best players and can go on to be professionals...And this is definitely not true, because there plenty great players that don't play for intercol schools or who don't play...The problem with that, is the players which everybody hypes thinks that they can waltz on to a pro-team, and when they compete with other talented players which no one knows about they don't look as good...And south men does hardly get pick for nationals...

Anyhow congratulations on the win
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 08:52:54 AM by Ponnoxx »

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 08:58:36 AM »
Woi , big up to naps , you know we's the best , but alyuh San Juan people , take your loss nah , you cyah win everything forever..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 09:17:34 AM »
Shahdon Winchester the 13 year old  Was not even on the  national  under 15 team squad  that show corneal may have to do some 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 09:21:06 AM »
Correct me if i'm wrong but in the last yr. the U-20 and U017 Capts. were both Indians from Naps. yest.

Jagdeosingh and Mohammed respectively.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 09:22:30 AM »
Jagdeosingh is black they say and i thnk it was  Abu son who was captian
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 09:37:55 AM »
nah sub...I hatta disagree grover is boss coach 9even though I really dislike st anthonys).  it had a interview with him about 1 month back...you should read it.

Ok but counter your statememnt let me say that he has the potential to be a boss coach. What yardstick are you using to say that he is a boss coach? We have an epidemic in the pro league which comes directly from the colleges league. The majority of our players cant pass, trap or controll the ball properly or should i say they are not up to international standard. Now a boss coach would have his charges toatally schooled in the basics of the game....what do you think?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 09:58:53 AM »
hey bounty killer where  can i find the interview with grovsner i would like to read it

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »
Congrats Naps...South rules.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 11:46:35 AM »
MALICK GYALS , HAAA CUZ MALICK EH DO NO SET A TING!
CONGRATS NAPS!!!!!

well if your stupid arse didnt know anything you'll know malick had a misfortune and still didnt finish last in the table. wait till next year :duel:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 11:55:41 AM »
yeah , i heard about that , quite unfortunate , they ever figured out how he died ?
Glory Glory Man Utd !

1]; } ?>