March 28, 2024, 06:39:21 AM

Author Topic: New York Knickerbockers Thread  (Read 46386 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New York Knickerbockers Thread
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

It's about time we get this thread started.  Knicks are relevant again for the first time in over ten years  and sitting atop the Eastern Conference after yet another blow out win over Miami.  Still early in the season but there's still only ONE team in New York and they play their basketball at Madison Square Garden!!!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New York Knickerbockers Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »
you beat meh to the punch... a a look we beat the heat las night...without melo to boot

knicks fans stand up!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »
Yes I-yah... NBA needs the Knicks to be relevant, only Miami really been making noise out the East the past couple seasons.  Celts get old and everybody else lacking components.  The Nets on the come up and the Knicks on the comeback... should make things interesting.  Dancehall nice again!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:48:21 PM »
only team unbeaten at home.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 12:25:30 AM »

Aye ayy... they let yuh go boy?  Long time...  ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »

So I will be in maroon and gold come this Thurs in sect 223; hoping for us to show up against de run of play for de season, go Lakers!  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
So I will be in maroon and gold come this Thurs in sect 223; hoping for us to show up against de run of play for de season, go Lakers!  :devil:

I trying tuh score some tickets... keeping mih fingers crossed.  Btw... "maroon and gold"?  Allyuh eh sure what allyuh colors is or what... sometimes is purple and gold, sometimes navy blue and gold... could never figure that one out ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »

I trying tuh score some tickets... keeping mih fingers crossed.  Btw... "maroon and gold"?  Allyuh eh sure what allyuh colors is or what... sometimes is purple and gold, sometimes navy blue and gold... could never figure that one out ;D

:rotfl:  hard luck dey, yeah, purple and gold.  We went to stubhub, other sites were much higher...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »

on good behaviour.lol.......when u comin up NY

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
on good behaviour.lol.......when u comin up NY

Might try to make a run before the holidays... ent see Babs in like 4-5 years, ah shame.  Plus we need to lime man.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 09:19:27 PM »
Knicks down 7 with :56 secs to play against the Bulls.  Doubt they'll pull this one out, no pick and roll defense, and missing too many shots.  J.R. Smith will be the death of me.  I never see a man take more indisciplined shots than he.  steups

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
big game to nite in msg......go NEW YORK

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
big game to nite in msg......go NEW YORK

Coulda swear tonight's game was going to be at MSG as well... but it's in the Barclay's.  Leh we see how long before they start calling it de "Bank"  ::)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:42 PM »
sweet sweet victory...melo come out to play tonite.kidd was not bad.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 12:12:29 AM »
sweet sweet victory...melo come out to play tonite.kidd was not bad.

Drop 45 on dem... Nets will be tough, even without Lopez they put up a good fight, but we had to show up and let them know who still running things in NY.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 09:23:03 AM »
Mello is kix yes, after de win last night he say "it's hard to come into hostile territory and win away from home"

Really Mello?  Will excuse him, he not from tri-state

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 09:25:46 AM »
Mello is kix yes, after de win last night he say "it's hard to come into hostile territory and win away from home"

What? de man from Brooklyn
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 02:03:07 PM »

DFMU and he dare claim Brooklyn is a hostile environment?   :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 08:06:56 PM »

DFMU and he dare claim Brooklyn is a hostile environment?   :rotfl:

fuhgive him he left when eh was young lol  But seriously, de man was living right dey in Red Hook up until de age ah 8.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »
Lakers made it close... but only because Anthony sat out most of the second half with an ankle sprain.  I not a betting man, but a Lakers fan pardna ah mine let he mouth write ah dinner check that I'll be cashing at the next reunion in June  ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 11:12:53 PM »
Lakers made it close... but only because Anthony sat out most of the second half with an ankle sprain.  I not a betting man, but a Lakers fan pardna ah mine let he mouth write ah dinner check that I'll be cashing at the next reunion in June  ;D

Hard luck fuh dat soldier.  Yeah, Mello injury definitely made it interesting.  The fans were having a field day with chants of "Bring back Jackson", "Kobe No means No O" and so on.  Anyway, I think once our starters come back and we continue to lose Mike's days will be short, maybe he can compete w/Rafa to see who stays in their role the longer of the two.  Word on the street is that there is some power struggle in the Buss family re-who should be head coach.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 12:20:26 AM »

Hard luck fuh dat soldier.  Yeah, Mello injury definitely made it interesting.  The fans were having a field day with chants of "Bring back Jackson", "Kobe No means No O" and so on.  Anyway, I think once our starters come back and we continue to lose Mike's days will be short, maybe he can compete w/Rafa to see who stays in their role the longer of the two.  Word on the street is that there is some power struggle in the Buss family re-who should be head coach.

I wouldn't be surprise... Jeanie and Jerry obviously would be advocating Phil.  The fact that Magic savaging Jim doesn't help that perspective either.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »
NOT IN DE GARDEN.lakers get ah sound cutass.hahahha.......barataria yuh backin ah lorse cause.yuh tink them makin playoffs....ah know it early,but ah love to dream.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »
i remember the days when you would sit down and relish the moments when jordan would step onto the hardwood at msg to face ewing and the knicks in the playoffs and you always wondered, will jordan put down a 50 point game that nite at the garden and steal the dreams away from the knicks fans...

i can't wait to see the knicks make a playoff run, i think i will be there with spike on the floor cheering ;D :beermug:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
NOT IN DE GARDEN.lakers get ah sound cutass.hahahha.......barataria yuh backin ah lorse cause.yuh tink them makin playoffs....ah know it early,but ah love to dream.

:rotfl:  I iz a laker bredda, win or lose, no worries, ah doh tink any laker now doh realize dat de team in a downturn right now.  Even when Nash, Pau and Blake return, I personally have no faith in the D'Antoni system, so looks like Del Harris era re-born.  But we all remember what happened thereafter.  Dais de nature of sports, is a ebb and flow.  Playoffs, meh eh know, hard to say right now. 

What I do know though, we still the # 1 basketball franchise name WW, no matter what  :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 11:43:25 PM »
Still undefeated at The Garden... but by a whisker.  Kyrie Irving give we all we could handle... and Varejao miss a free throw that would have tied the game with one second left.  Team playing decent when Anthony not in de line up, but that is not a recipe for success, to be doing that too much.  We need Stoudemire to get healthy quick to be a decent fall back option.  Felton and Chandler killing that pick and roll... reminiscent of Paul-to-Chandler back in the days of the Charlotte Hornets a couple years back.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
my god what is going on tonite...just turn on the game and see 94-71 houston in de 4th quarter ??? ??? ???

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »
had to b lin and them blasted rockettes to throw sand in we rice.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 01:35:43 PM »
No defense... Lin only have a right hand yet man allowing him to drive right time after time.  Even in pick up basketball man would shade yuh to go left.  Same for Harden... left-handed yet man allowing him to drive left. No basket protection or whoever drives the lane dishes for open lay up or jumper.  Forget Anthony not being there, the issue was defense.  To lose to Lin and the Rockets of all teams... steups.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
Knicks v. Nets part trois tonight...

1]; } ?>