March 29, 2024, 02:30:56 AM

Author Topic: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.  (Read 50453 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »
Yeah, yuh right. Valid comparison.

Plainly and simply different circumstances. Incontrovertibly rooted in one person grew up expecting to play for Trinidad & Tobago, the other person grew up expecting to play for a country other than Trinidad & Tobago.

Plain and simple everything starts there. Ent?

...and one played goalkeeper and the other striker.  One is over 6 foot tall and de other about 5'7... distinctions without any substantive difference.  Nothing is ever "plain and simple" in the most literal sense (which I'm sure isn't how Anbrat meant it), we could parse thru each individual circumstance to nitpick "differences" but the reality is that when given the opportunity Shaka opted to hold out for an England call up.  As well he should, I don't fault him... all things being equal you'd hope he would opt for TnT, but all things are not equal, not when Jack Warner is involved.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »
As much as I support the soca warriors... you cah blame the fella... he grew up in the states, his dreams are different. I'm surprised USA didnt invite him to the camp. Never to know, we may still get the opportunity one day to steal him away.

Shaka was a keeper. In his 30s? Steups.

Every US player is on the USSF's radar. Duh. What are his distinguishing credentials thus far for them?

For us, different story, right?

International Career
M
As much as I support the soca warriors... you cah blame the fella... he grew up in the states, his dreams are different. I'm surprised USA didnt invite him to the camp. Never to know, we may still get the opportunity one day to steal him away.

VB

Shaka was a keeper. In his 30s? Steups.

Every US player is on the USSF's radar. Duh. What are his distinguishing credentials thus far for them?

For us, different story, right?

International Career
MARC DUFFY: You were eligible to represent England and Trinidad & Tobago finally opting to play for T&T. How difficult was that decision?

SHAKA HISLOP: The decision itself was pretty easy. Despite being born in England I had always considered myself Trinidadian. I was a part of one T&T national senior team back in my early twenties but hadn't been called back up, since when I was called up by Glenn Hoddle. I guess that spurred the TTFF to act firmly and a call from them soon followed. I had no hesitation in accepting their invite.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/newcastleunited/archives/2011/08/former_toon_keeper_shaka_hislo_1.php

(i) Interesting comments by Shaka, please tell me when in his early 20s the played for the TT sr. team and against which opposition?

(ii) He became a regular in 1999, yes, so for me that's in his 30s. However, I have no problem being corrected. When did he make his debut for TT  in his early 20s and against whom?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 10:46:33 AM »
Cue Tallman.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2013, 06:26:46 AM »
Nick DeLeon will join T&T very soon.

USA not interested in him.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2013, 07:30:49 AM »

That would be excellent news! Hope Sheanon Williams joins him.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »

Would be be eligible to be added to the Gold Cup roster? Is so, his inclusion would be tremendous for this team.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2013, 12:17:23 PM »

Would be be eligible to be added to the Gold Cup roster? Is so, his inclusion would be tremendous for this team.
I believe not.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »
Why de hell allyuh callin dis fella for?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »

What is yuh problem breds. Is everything so you hate
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »
Coache break it down for we as to why dis youth shouldn't rate ah lil call-up for we nah?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2013, 03:59:56 PM »

Why soon?
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »
Nick De Leon is an execellent player, but his game is not mature yet for a starting position at  the next level. He'll have problems playing for Trinidad because the pace of the game is different..more skill and composure is required to play for Trinidad.
The space defenders allowed him in college and in the MLS would not be given to him on the International stage. He can score goals but what would be his position? He is too small to hold up the ball consistently, he's not that skillful where he can consistently breakdown a defence..his position, in my opinion is not nailed down..is he a winger, a forward, a midfielder or all three..he would be a lively player coming off the bench.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2013, 09:06:19 PM »
Nick De Leon is an execellent player, but his game is not mature yet for a starting position at  the next level. He'll have problems playing for Trinidad because the pace of the game is different..more skill and composure is required to play for Trinidad.
The space defenders allowed him in college and in the MLS would not be given to him on the International stage. He can score goals but what would be his position? He is too small to hold up the ball consistently, he's not that skillful where he can consistently breakdown a defence..his position, in my opinion is not nailed down..is he a winger, a forward, a midfielder or all three..he would be a lively player coming off the bench.

lol, as opposed to the space men does get in the pro-league?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2013, 09:31:35 PM »
Hehe
Youtube Channel

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
Despite that I don't feel this glorified College player is up the International level..not yet..he needs more time..I would compare him to a Cobi Jones and he's not up his level yet.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2013, 10:25:26 PM »
Game not mature for a starting position? What does the current team have better than him? Youth holding down a starting spot in MLS what...2-3 years now...who else doing that. He is quality and would walk onto the national team
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2013, 07:42:37 AM »
He won't be joining for the Gold Cup, that's for sure!.

Well unless Concacaf notice the error on our submitted player pool and allow him to replace the Central American on it. Who knows maybe the guy playing fuh Real Sociedad is ah Trini, we jus never knew.  ::)

If he is, why we even talking bout DeLeon! 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
We like the "Zamora" syndrome. Begging people who eh coming on their own volition. But who may be only wanting to represent out of their own self interest.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »
Nick playing for DC U, and they are terrible. He is a solid player, not a Messi.  He plays regularly for DC., sometimes coming of the bench. I think
 he deserve a call up like any player with Trini roots. He needs to get practice games with the current Trini set up.

Coache made some good points. But I disagree with him that Nick is a glorified college player. He past that stage. He playing pro for 3 years now. And yes, the MLS is not at the EPL level, but the standards have risen considerably. I will not underestimate the MLS. Plus most players from TT will and dograb any opportunity to play in the US leagues. That has be going on for ages. I don't know if he can get on the current TT roster for the GC. But he should be one of those in the TTFA plans for the future.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »
Iny opinion he does not deserve a call up he has to earn the right to represent. He should be the one coming begging for an opportunity and willingly wanting to represent. We should not be slaves to opportunistic players with roots who as a last resort bouncing on to seek self glory. We have too many locals fighting for a livelihood and willingly complying to serve when called upon. Help these players get an opportunity. Players line skein Daniels has shown an ingratitude that no matter of urgency should have them wear the national course. Players with roots who have been declining invitations during our qualifying needs should not jut be able to waltz into the team on a big stage in my opinion.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2013, 05:35:21 AM »

So if he was available for selection, name some players in the current national set up that you would easily pick over him?

If your point is that he isnt ready because of the level that he is currently playing at, then its better that we dont send a team because we wont be able to field eleven players who play at a level higher than MLS

What do you know about this player?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2013, 08:45:11 AM »

So if he was available for selection, name some players in the current national set up that you would easily pick over him?

If your point is that he isnt ready because of the level that he is currently playing at, then its better that we dont send a team because we wont be able to field eleven players who play at a level higher than MLS

What do you know about this player?
SMHIA .
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2013, 08:58:41 AM »
Iny opinion he does not deserve a call up he has to earn the right to represent. He should be the one coming begging for an opportunity and willingly wanting to represent. We should not be slaves to opportunistic players with roots who as a last resort bouncing on to seek self glory. We have too many locals fighting for a livelihood and willingly complying to serve when called upon. Help these players get an opportunity. Players line skein Daniels has shown an ingratitude that no matter of urgency should have them wear the national course. Players with roots who have been declining invitations during our qualifying needs should not jut be able to waltz into the team on a big stage in my opinion.
I agree that any player should be called up based on merit but this "players with roots" talk is real rubbish, especially if you referring to players like Keon Daniel. Keon is a special case but just because a player gets a contract abroad some posters on here talk as if they automatically lose their passport. The fact is, our best players get scouted and sign for foreign teams, the ones who aren't there yet or haven't been so fortunate, still play for the Pro League. The reason foreign players get preferential treatment is because regardless of if they playing division 2 in England or MLS, they are in far more professional settings, and far more challenging leagues.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »

Yuh talking nonsense....pure unadluterated tata
Skill and composure required to play for TnT..when was the last time you watch de national team play????

have you ever watched a college game? what space and time is allowed? the american college game is run fast then run faster then faster again... if you argue that the game does not develop players to the next level then maybe we can debate the ways it doesn't  but to choose the only component of the american game that works and say it's non-existent says you don't have a clue....

The last statement I bolded..what exactly are you trying to say??? 5' 10" is small?????? not once have you mentioned the technical or the tactical attributes of the kid which is what has him playing in the MLS ..where most of our players struggle or can't make teams...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Again it gets back to the level of professionalism within and around TnT football...I'm assuming all he was sent was a letter and why wasn't he being courted two maybe three years ago just so that we can increase the pool of players...It's all about the approach

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2013, 12:23:17 PM »

Yuh talking nonsense....pure unadluterated tata

Whats new
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »
He did not make de Gold Cup preliminary 35-man roster which is consist of second team players yuh feel he go make de US team in a year time ?

How much goals he have in de MLS this season ?

Even Landon Donavon catching he ass to make de US side.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2013, 04:38:02 PM »
Look at what they do Findley
Youtube Channel

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2013, 04:42:05 PM »
He did not make de Gold Cup preliminary 35-man roster which is consist of second team players yuh feel he go make de US team in a year time ?

How much goals he have in de MLS this season ?

Keep in mind that he was hit with a setback earlier this season when a bad hamstring pull knocked him out for a month and a half.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2013, 06:41:19 PM »
I was told from a good source that DeLeon will be called up again by T&T in January.

I have also spoken to someone close to him and he is starting to change his mind, he knows that he will not be called up by USA and by the time the next world cup comes about who knows what could happen. His interest is starting to change.

He know that USA has at least 8 to 10 top strikers over him, Jozy Altidore, Terrence Boyd, Clint Dempsey, Aron Johannsson, Eddie Johnson, Chris Wondolowski, Landon Donovan, Mike Magee, Jack McInerney and Aron Johannsson.

Nick has scored just 2 goals this season, so he knows his US dream might never happen.

I didn't know Nick was born just 2 days before the Abu Bakr coop, youth man.  :D

Stay tuned.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:45:10 PM by Insider »

1]; } ?>