April 25, 2024, 12:09:10 PM

Author Topic: Central F.C. frustrations increase.  (Read 8126 times)

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central F.C. frustrations increase.
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »
Fellas, criticism or feedback of any kind pertaining to videos or anything for that matter is duly welcomed, the idea is that I would want to put forth something that seeks to shed some insight on what goes on at Central FC, as well as what is happening with football as a whole in Trinidad - apart from the coverage provided by Shaun Fuentes on the national team, as well as the occasional footage by the pro league, there isnt too much by way of VIDEO coverage that is otherwise presented to football fans out there. That said, the feedback is very helpful in making the footage better - I will certainly attempt to improve the videos as we go forward! keep in mind however, that I am not someone formally trained in video production, its something that I picked up recently knowing that I wanted to provide some coverage here in Trinidad, particularly for the members living abroad....Secondly, it is terrible when information is put forth in a public forum that seeks to somehow tarnish the reputation of others, its actually irresponsible to tell yuh the truth. I do hope that members are willing to decipher through some of the BS...."Jack Horner" made comments that somehow seeks to discredit Central FC's assistant coaching staff, and while I think it's perfectly fine to do so, using erroneous information is highly irresponsible, it happens way too much about people in football here in Trinidad and Tobago....A quick web search will provide you with all the information you need about these individuals and their backgrounds. Lastly, I was able to obtain some footage of some minor league football and will be posting it soon, I have attempted to capture some of the reactions of the crowds and apparent excitement generated at these games. There will be no music in this one :-) Bless!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:15:33 PM by amwood »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 03:25:47 PM »
Fellas, criticism or feedback of any kind pertaining to videos or anything for that matter is duly welcomed, the idea is that I would want to put forth something that seeks to shed some insight on what goes on at Central FC, as well as what is happening with football as a whole in Trinidad - apart from the coverage provided by Shaun Fuentes on the national team, as well as the occasional footage by the pro league, there isnt too much by way of VIDEO coverage that is otherwise presented to football fans out there. That said, the feedback is very helpful in making the footage better - I will certainly attempt to improve the videos as we go forward! keep in mind however, that I am not someone formally trained in video production, its something that I picked up recently knowing that I wanted to provide some coverage here in Trinidad, particularly for the members living abroad....Secondly, it is terrible when information is put forth in a public forum that seeks to somehow tarnish the reputation of others, its actually irresponsible to tell yuh the truth. I do hope that members are willing to decipher through some of the BS...."Jack Horner" made comments that somehow seeks to discredit Central FC's assistant coaching staff, and while I think it's perfectly fine to do so, using erroneous information is highly irresponsible, it happens way too much about people in football here in Trinidad and Tobago....A quick web search will provide you with all the information you need about these individuals and their backgrounds. Lastly, I was able to obtain some footage of some minor league football and will be posting it soon, I have attempted to capture some of the reactions of the crowds and apparent excitement generated at these games. There will be no music in this one :-) Bless!!

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »

The effort is much appreciated!  :beermug:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 04:16:47 AM »

Very much appreciated!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 05:30:06 AM »
Rix settles in at Central FC.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Former England international Graham Rix is finalising his squad for the start of the T&T Pro League season. The former Arsenal player and coach at Chelsea was brought in by the Pro League for Central FC and is working alongside assistant coaches Kevin Jeffrey and Anthony Sherwood, the ex-Under 20 standout.

The team is managed by Norris Ferguson with Brent Sancho as the managing director. “He’s settled in really well and brings a lot to the table. It’s more than just trying to prepare a team to compete in the Pro League but the focus is also on overall development of our players,” Sancho said.

“We are going through everything that we need to take part in the League because that’s one of our major objectives and hopefully we can bring local football into Central in a meaningful way.”

Some of the players who have been in training with Central FC include Hayden Tinto, Marvin Phillip, Cyd Gray, Marvin Oliver and Willis Plaza, just back from a stint in Vietnam.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Graham Rix: 'No one will give me a job'
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 04:41:28 PM »
Highly rated player and coach is a forgotten man after up-and-down career
By STEVE TONGUE

Eighteen years ago last week, Graham Rix, the former Arsenal and England midfielder, contributed to a feature in this newspaper entitled "My Own Goal", in which sporting personalities admitted to their greatest mistake; his self-confessed error had been to join Caen, newly arrived in the French top flight, without realising what a step down it would be from Highbury. Yet that story had a happy ending; he ultimately found his three years there so enjoyable he stayed in France for another season with Le Havre.

A far more serious and enduring own goal would come later, when in March 1999 he admitted to having sex with a girl he believed to be older than her 15 years and was sentenced to 12 months in prison, serving six of them. Working at the time as a youth-team coach at Chelsea under his great friend Glenn Hoddle, he was reinstated and became first-team coach to Gianluca Vialli as the club won the FA Cup in 2000 and finished in the top six every season until Vialli was sacked following one poor start.

After that he would manage Portsmouth, Oxford United and Hearts, and work most contentedly of all at Hoddle's Soccer Academy in Spain, where players rejected by professional clubs were given a chance to improve their skills and prospects. After the academy was put on hold through lack of funds, Rix was employed less happily as manager of a new club in Trinidad, and returned home last year to discover that at 55 suddenly nobody appears to want him any more.

Sitting in his Hampshire house with his wife, Linda, he says: "It's tough being out of work but money's not everything. Trinidad was just so far away from home and I was missing the family.

"I'm still on the lookout, I want something to happen and I've applied for so many jobs, so many jobs... Sometimes, but not always, you get a letter or email back saying thanks but no thanks."

The oddity is that after prison, four open-minded chairmen were prepared to offer him work, whereas there seems to be greater reluctance to do so almost a decade later. "I made a mistake, admitted it and accepted it. I was in prison and I've done everything I had to with the [sex offenders] register and all of that. I don't want to sound self-pitying, as though people owe me a favour, but when I'm not working for long periods it does get me down. I just want to get on with my life, and when I've been in football for so long, what else am I going to do?"

He is giving time to AFC Portchester, a community-based club in the Wessex League who run 30 teams, from Under-sevens to veterans: "Their attitude is refreshing – guys who work all day and are still prepared to come in and train. I'm just helping them out, it gives me something to do, gets my work juices flowing again. I'm not bothered about being Mr Big Shot, I just want to pass on what I've got in my head, whether it's at an academy, reserve team, Under-21s, anything. Without blowing my own trumpet, that's where my forte lies."

Hoddle and Vialli are among those who have recognised that forte; two men who also stayed loyal at the worst of times. "Wandsworth Prison is not a very nice place to go, I can assure you. It was tough in there. But it's a great leveller. It doesn't matter in there what car you drive, what house you have, how much money you've got, you're all in there together. There were some bad people in there, but there were also some people who had made a mistake but were essentially good people.

"It taught me a few things, like what was important to me and who your real mates are. Glenn came to visit me, when he was England manager; Vialli came to visit me. They didn't have to do that if they didn't believe in me and trust me."

The Chelsea chairman, Ken Bates, appraised of the full facts, welcomed him back, at least until Claudio Ranieri arrived as Vialli's successor and wanted his own coach. Still in demand, Rix worked for a series of "interesting" chairmen, including Milan Mandaric at Portsmouth and Roman Romanov at Hearts.

At Hoddle's academy he was in his element, improving players' technique and thrilled when a Spanish coach told him that Barcelona did exactly the same sort of work and drills (but from the age of seven).

He tells a story from his Chelsea days: "When I was first-team coach I used to take some of the young lads and have them in an hour early for what I called 'bad foot club', really simple drills with their bad foot so they can take the ball, control and pass it with either left or right. One day the first-team boys were arriving and Gus Poyet asked me what we were doing. The next week, Poyet, [Roberto] Di Matteo, [Gianfranco] Zola and [Dan] Petrescu all turned up, four superstars wanting to make their bad foot better." That is the sort of attitude he admires.

Rix (left, in his Arsenal days) is proud of his part in Arsenal's resurrection from a team in the bottom six to three successive FA Cup finals from 1978-80; and of having been at Chelsea when Hoddle, Ruud Gullit and Vialli effected a similar pre-Abramovich transformation in the Nineties. "We used to train at the university ground at Harlington, where Glenn would be putting 50p pieces in the public phone, trying to sign Mark Hughes from Man United."

Then it is time to head off to Portchester for a reserve game; the biggest own goal of his life is now almost 15 years ago, but still casting a shadow. "The worst thing about it all? Probably the stigma that has unfortunately and, in my view, unfairly been attached to me. There's a lot I still can't say, but it isn't the case, what people think of me and call me. That's what hurts most."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
Highly rated player and coach is a forgotten man after up-and-down career
By STEVE TONGUE

Eighteen years ago last week, Graham Rix, the former Arsenal and England midfielder, contributed to a feature in this newspaper entitled "My Own Goal", in which sporting personalities admitted to their greatest mistake; his self-confessed error had been to join Caen, newly arrived in the French top flight, without realising what a step down it would be from Highbury. Yet that story had a happy ending; he ultimately found his three years there so enjoyable he stayed in France for another season with Le Havre.

A far more serious and enduring own goal would come later, when in March 1999 he admitted to having sex with a girl he believed to be older than her 15 years and was sentenced to 12 months in prison, serving six of them. Working at the time as a youth-team coach at Chelsea under his great friend Glenn Hoddle, he was reinstated and became first-team coach to Gianluca Vialli as the club won the FA Cup in 2000 and finished in the top six every season until Vialli was sacked following one poor start.

After that he would manage Portsmouth, Oxford United and Hearts, and work most contentedly of all at Hoddle's Soccer Academy in Spain, where players rejected by professional clubs were given a chance to improve their skills and prospects. After the academy was put on hold through lack of funds, Rix was employed less happily as manager of a new club in Trinidad, and returned home last year to discover that at 55 suddenly nobody appears to want him any more.

Sitting in his Hampshire house with his wife, Linda, he says: "It's tough being out of work but money's not everything. Trinidad was just so far away from home and I was missing the family.

"I'm still on the lookout, I want something to happen and I've applied for so many jobs, so many jobs... Sometimes, but not always, you get a letter or email back saying thanks but no thanks."

The oddity is that after prison, four open-minded chairmen were prepared to offer him work, whereas there seems to be greater reluctance to do so almost a decade later. "I made a mistake, admitted it and accepted it. I was in prison and I've done everything I had to with the [sex offenders] register and all of that. I don't want to sound self-pitying, as though people owe me a favour, but when I'm not working for long periods it does get me down. I just want to get on with my life, and when I've been in football for so long, what else am I going to do?"

He is giving time to AFC Portchester, a community-based club in the Wessex League who run 30 teams, from Under-sevens to veterans: "Their attitude is refreshing – guys who work all day and are still prepared to come in and train. I'm just helping them out, it gives me something to do, gets my work juices flowing again. I'm not bothered about being Mr Big Shot, I just want to pass on what I've got in my head, whether it's at an academy, reserve team, Under-21s, anything. Without blowing my own trumpet, that's where my forte lies."

Hoddle and Vialli are among those who have recognised that forte; two men who also stayed loyal at the worst of times. "Wandsworth Prison is not a very nice place to go, I can assure you. It was tough in there. But it's a great leveller. It doesn't matter in there what car you drive, what house you have, how much money you've got, you're all in there together. There were some bad people in there, but there were also some people who had made a mistake but were essentially good people.

"It taught me a few things, like what was important to me and who your real mates are. Glenn came to visit me, when he was England manager; Vialli came to visit me. They didn't have to do that if they didn't believe in me and trust me."

The Chelsea chairman, Ken Bates, appraised of the full facts, welcomed him back, at least until Claudio Ranieri arrived as Vialli's successor and wanted his own coach. Still in demand, Rix worked for a series of "interesting" chairmen, including Milan Mandaric at Portsmouth and Roman Romanov at Hearts.

At Hoddle's academy he was in his element, improving players' technique and thrilled when a Spanish coach told him that Barcelona did exactly the same sort of work and drills (but from the age of seven).

He tells a story from his Chelsea days: "When I was first-team coach I used to take some of the young lads and have them in an hour early for what I called 'bad foot club', really simple drills with their bad foot so they can take the ball, control and pass it with either left or right. One day the first-team boys were arriving and Gus Poyet asked me what we were doing. The next week, Poyet, [Roberto] Di Matteo, [Gianfranco] Zola and [Dan] Petrescu all turned up, four superstars wanting to make their bad foot better." That is the sort of attitude he admires.

Rix (left, in his Arsenal days) is proud of his part in Arsenal's resurrection from a team in the bottom six to three successive FA Cup finals from 1978-80; and of having been at Chelsea when Hoddle, Ruud Gullit and Vialli effected a similar pre-Abramovich transformation in the Nineties. "We used to train at the university ground at Harlington, where Glenn would be putting 50p pieces in the public phone, trying to sign Mark Hughes from Man United."

Then it is time to head off to Portchester for a reserve game; the biggest own goal of his life is now almost 15 years ago, but still casting a shadow. "The worst thing about it all? Probably the stigma that has unfortunately and, in my view, unfairly been attached to me. There's a lot I still can't say, but it isn't the case, what people think of me and call me. That's what hurts most."

Good luck, Ricco. He really is a great coach and he can certainly add to any clubs coaching staff.  :beermug:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 09:45:21 AM »
So FS, why did you guys let him go if he was that good, and dont tell me any BS about a big man missing his wife, be honest.

He is a great coach just not for anyone likeness ?

:devil:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »
So FS, why did you guys let him go if he was that good, and dont tell me any BS about a big man missing his wife, be honest.

We didn't "let him go". He went home for Xmas as agreed. He had spoken with Sancho over the holidays. The day of his flight he told us he wasn't coming back and we released him from his contract.

There were things that he and the club weren't happy with and there were frustrations on both sides.

I don't think he really got the Trini attitude.

He was used to arriving at the training field and seeing players already out there doing their personal warm ups. Here, it was usual for players to arrive late for training consistently. After training finished he was used to players asking if they can stay back and practice headers/free kicks/ corners etc. Here everyone rushes off (including the coaching staff). He was used to players playing out of their skin in the Reserves to earn a first team place, here the players scowl and feel they are better than playing reserve football.

This culture shock didn't sit well. Grahams a really nice guy, but he's no disciplinarian. He likes to befriend the players and coach from mutual respect. But the players just took advantage, playing fete matches the day before a game etc.

On one instance, a team meeting was called before training. Training was 9.30 arrive for 10 a.m. start One guy, a former T&T international, arrived at training at 9.55. Bad enough. But as the whole squad sat in the changing rooms, he went and took a shower! Graham would get so disappointed. As a player who had achieved so much, he couldn't comprehend the attitude.

In Europe, Graham is highly respected. He may not have done too well as a manager (and I think that's because he's not hard enough with the players) but as a coach, well, you can see his record.

Everyone at Central benefited from Grahams time here. But you can see from results since Fenwick took over, that discipline is more valuable in Pro League football at the moment, than top level coaching. Thats not to say that Terry isn't a good coach - he is. Look at the talent Terry discovered. But Terry is a "manager" more than a "coach", while Graham is a "coach" more than a "manager".

So, taking into account all of the above, yes he missed his wife and family, and, probably, football in the U.K.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:58:24 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »
So players arriving late, playing fete matches the day before games... and that is because the coach isn't disciplined enough?  Discipline is an organizational issue, it only starts with the coach.  Sounds like Central FC itself lacks a disciplinary structure to arrest the malaise, and that being the case, don't expect Fenwick alone to fix it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 11:33:23 AM »

We didn't "let him go". He went home for Xmas as agreed. He had spoken with Sancho over the holidays. The day of his flight he told us he wasn't coming back and we released him from his contract.

There were things that he and the club weren't happy with and there were frustrations on both sides.

He was used to arriving at the training field and seeing players already out there doing their personal warm ups. Here, it was usual for players to arrive late for training consistently. After training finished he was used to players asking if they can stay back and practice headers/free kicks/ corners etc. Here everyone rushes off (including the coaching staff). He was used to players playing out of their skin in the Reserves to earn a first team place, here the players scowl and feel they are better than playing reserve football.

This culture shock didn't sit well. Grahams a really nice guy, but he's no disciplinarian. He likes to befriend the players and coach from mutual respect. But the players just took advantage, playing fete matches the day before a game etc.

On one instance, a team meeting was called before training. Training was 9.30 arrive for 10 a.m. start One guy, a former T&T international, arrived at training at 9.55. Bad enough. But as the whole squad sat in the changing rooms, he went and took a shower! Graham would get so disappointed. As a player who had achieved so much, he couldn't comprehend the attitude.

In Europe, Graham is highly respected. He may not have done too well as a manager (and I think that's because he's not hard enough with the players) but as a coach, well, you can see his record.

Everyone at Central benefited from Grahams time here. But you can see from results since Fenwick took over, that discipline is more valuable in Pro League football at the moment, than top level coaching. Thats not to say that Terry isn't a good coach - he is. Look at the talent Terry discovered. But Terry is a "manager" more than a "coach", while Graham is a "coach" more than a "manager".

So, taking into account all of the above, yes he missed his wife and family, and, probably, football in the U.K.

Very insightful comments, FS. Thanks for sharing them. You didn't have to.

We have a long way to go collectively. I really empathise with Rix, and (balanced against that ) I'm really appreciative of Fenwick's contributions to local football.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Central F.C. frustrations increase.
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 12:15:51 PM »

Very insightful comments, FS. Thanks for sharing them. You didn't have to.

We have a long way to go collectively. I really empathise with Rix, and (balanced against that ) I'm really appreciative of Fenwick's contributions to local football.

That nonsense starts from young. If its dealt with in they youth it would not be like that. I remember man not playing for not cleaning he boots good. Or coming training without shin guards, that was instant go back home. Too much clubs out there don't enforce discipline. If you don't have that prepare to fail on and off the field.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »
That nonsense starts from young. If its dealt with in they youth it would not be like that. I remember man not playing for not cleaning he boots good. Or coming training without shin guards, that was instant go back home. Too much clubs out there don't enforce discipline. If you don't have that prepare to fail on and off the field.

Absolutely.  Discipline is everyone's responsibility, from the top of the administration on down and should not just be left to the whims of the coach.  The coach is but the tip of the spear when it comes to enforcement.  If Central, ostensibly one of the better-run clubs in the PFL can't get this simple premise right, then we loss before we even start.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 01:09:16 PM »
So players arriving late, playing fete matches the day before games... and that is because the coach isn't disciplined enough?  Discipline is an organizational issue, it only starts with the coach.  Sounds like Central FC itself lacks a disciplinary structure to arrest the malaise, and that being the case, don't expect Fenwick alone to fix it.

It does appear that way. However, there is a golden rule that most clubs around the world follow: The coach is ultimately responsible for team - and staff- discipline. People will recall instances in the EPL of chairmen or directors interfering and coaches walking out. It's very difficult to sit back and not try to enforce your own standards, but the coach has to justify his decisions, and he lives and dies by his performance. Another problem is that management hardly ever visit the training ground or dressing room. So unless something becomes public knowledge, or unless the staff inform management, how would you know if players arrive late?

At Central, we are trying to avoid micro managing, and promoting responsibility and accountability. You can imagine that Mr Sancho has very firm beliefs on how players should behave...which is why he keeps away!

I have also got very firm views on player standards having experienced teams in training on a daily basis from EPL to conference. However, I have had to learn to walk away. As much as I would like to bring overseas professionalism here, it has to be installed at age 14,15,16.

As in most professions, there are layers of management and although you install rules and guidelines at the top, and they appear to be followed below...you never quite know!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »

Absolutely.  Discipline is everyone's responsibility, from the top of the administration on down and should not just be left to the whims of the coach.  The coach is but the tip of the spear when it comes to enforcement.  If Central, ostensibly one of the better-run clubs in the PFL can't get this simple premise right, then we loss before we even start.

Actually, I feel that W.Conn, Caledonia and North East (and obviously, Defence Force) are better run than Central. We are still struggling to perfect systems and working structures. We have 5 teams to run and really need more staff and equipment. If we stuck just to football, like the other clubs, we'd be more efficient, but we have to build the brand, attract supporters, secure more sponsors etc. All the above clubs receive, I believe, at least $50,000 per month from the Ministry of Sport. Mr Roberts, not being a particularly big fan of Mr Sancho, hasn't awarded Central any funding. 50k p.m. would certainly help iron out some wrinkles!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »

It does appear that way. However, there is a golden rule that most clubs around the world follow: The coach is ultimately responsible for team - and staff- discipline. People will recall instances in the EPL of chairmen or directors interfering and coaches walking out. It's very difficult to sit back and not try to enforce your own standards, but the coach has to justify his decisions, and he lives and dies by his performance. Another problem is that management hardly ever visit the training ground or dressing room. So unless something becomes public knowledge, or unless the staff inform management, how would you know if players arrive late?

At Central, we are trying to avoid micro managing, and promoting responsibility and accountability. You can imagine that Mr Sancho has very firm beliefs on how players should behave...which is why he keeps away!

I have also got very firm views on player standards having experienced teams in training on a daily basis from EPL to conference. However, I have had to learn to walk away. As much as I would like to bring overseas professionalism here, it has to be installed at age 14,15,16.

As in most professions, there are layers of management and although you install rules and guidelines at the top, and they appear to be followed below...you never quite know!

It doesn't "appear" that way... it IS that way, you've confirmed as much that there is no disciplinary structure within the organization, everything is left up to Fenwick.  All this talk about 'golden rule' and what not is bunk.  Even if every other single club in the world adopted the hands-off approach you describe Central is not obligated to adopt the same for one, and for another, not you self just got thru talking about "the Trini attitude"? It is not 'meddling' or 'interference' for the club to have in place disciplinary measures for players, coaches and staff. 

The coach may have discretion and even final say but discipline shouldn't be left up to any one individual.  When Balotelli and Tevez had their run-ins with Mancini he vowed to discipline them, but City also had in place it's own administrative processes in place.  That isn't "micromanaging", that is 'best practice', when you leave discipline up to the whims and vagaries of any one individual you end up with arbitrary and inequitably administered punishment... just look at the TnT judicial system.  It is never too late to instill professionalism.

Actually, I feel that W.Conn, Caledonia and North East (and obviously, Defence Force) are better run than Central. We are still struggling to perfect systems and working structures. We have 5 teams to run and really need more staff and equipment. If we stuck just to football, like the other clubs, we'd be more efficient, but we have to build the brand, attract supporters, secure more sponsors etc. All the above clubs receive, I believe, at least $50,000 per month from the Ministry of Sport. Mr Roberts, not being a particularly big fan of Mr Sancho, hasn't awarded Central any funding. 50k p.m. would certainly help iron out some wrinkles!
Whether there are better-run clubs ahead of Central is besides the point... I never said you were the best.  If you aspire to be among the best then simple thing like having your policies institutionalized is the first step, that is elementary ISO compliance.  The very fact that you have 5 teams and not one is why processes need to be institutionalized across the board and not left to the individual coaches.  None of that is implicated by Anil or Jack's grudge against Sancho.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »

It doesn't "appear" that way... it IS that way, you've confirmed as much that there is no disciplinary structure within the organization, everything is left up to Fenwick.  All this talk about 'golden rule' and what not is bunk.  Even if every other single club in the world adopted the hands-off approach you describe Central is not obligated to adopt the same for one, and for another, not you self just got thru talking about "the Trini attitude"? It is not 'meddling' or 'interference' for the club to have in place disciplinary measures for players, coaches and staff. 

The coach may have discretion and even final say but discipline shouldn't be left up to any one individual.  When Balotelli and Tevez had their run-ins with Mancini he vowed to discipline them, but City also had in place it's own administrative processes in place.  That isn't "micromanaging", that is 'best practice', when you leave discipline up to the whims and vagaries of any one individual you end up with arbitrary and inequitably administered punishment... just look at the TnT judicial system.  It is never too late to instill professionalism.

Whether there are better-run clubs ahead of Central is besides the point... I never said you were the best.  If you aspire to be among the best then simple thing like having your policies institutionalized is the first step, that is elementary ISO compliance.  The very fact that you have 5 teams and not one is why processes need to be institutionalized across the board and not left to the individual coaches.  None of that is implicated by Anil or Jack's grudge against Sancho.

:yawning: :yawning:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
:yawning: :yawning:

Yuh know what fella... you right.  What does it matter to me.  I wish you and Central FC the best.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 09:05:25 PM »
Tip

Tie it into the contract. Simple processes can be put in place to make players feel it in the pocket if they are lacking the basics, i know is big men who playing ball long time but i am sure Mr Fenwick wouldnt mind a few penalty clauses around basic tenants of punctuality and regularity. Have to build up your old horses even if they are old when deficiencies are present.

Ask the players to sign registers every session.

Absent without prior approval
1 Instance - 5% of monthly salary
2 or more - 10% of monthly salary

Tardiness
2 to 4 instances - 10% of monthly salary
5 or more instances - 20% of monthly salary

Unauthorized appearances (Running out for small goal side and other dotishniess)
1st offense Fine - 20% of monthly salary
2nd offense Fine - 50% of monthly salary and 1 week suspension

A few extra hours of administrative work may go a along way to healing some of the deficiencies being expressed. This also ensures the hard work being done by management to raise funds is not eroded by internal self in-discipline

Also if the youth ranks see this being implemented they will also learn to get things right.

Just my thoughts
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:09:08 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »
Tip

Tie it into the contract. Simple processes can be put in place to make players feel it in the pocket if they are lacking the basics, i know is big men who playing ball long time but i am sure Mr Fenwick wouldnt mind a few penalty clauses around basic tenants of punctuality and regularity. Have to build up your old horses even if they are old when deficiencies are present.

Ask the players to sign registers every session.

Absent without prior approval
1 Instance - 5% of monthly salary
2 or more - 10% of monthly salary

Tardiness
2 to 4 instances - 10% of monthly salary
5 or more instances - 20% of monthly salary

Unauthorized appearances (Running out for small goal side and other dotishniess)
1st offense Fine - 20% of monthly salary
2nd offense Fine - 50% of monthly salary and 1 week suspension

A few extra hours of administrative work may go a along way to healing some of the deficiencies being expressed. This also ensures the hard work being done by management to raise funds is not eroded by internal self in-discipline

Also if the youth ranks see this being implemented they will also learn to get things right.

Just my thoughts

Appreciated G. We already have this in place...but actually a bit tougher (and we compiled our code of conduct referring to those in place at other Pro League clubs so players were used to the system)

Standard Pro League rules prohibit players appearing in other leagues or fete matches. I know of one player - who is very good - who was fired 4 times by one club and taken back. We fired him too!

The discipline problem has been resolved at Central, and you can see from the results and team spirit that the new regime has had a positive effect. But, again, Terry knew how to deal with the situation, whereas Graham was just not used to players not respecting him or the club they play for. In all his playing and coaching years there was one constant that Graham knew: players love to train.

1]; } ?>