March 28, 2024, 09:28:20 AM

Author Topic: 32-bit vs 64-bit?  (Read 5172 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
32-bit vs 64-bit?
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:54:55 PM »
looking to get a new laptop..bro lookin around in BestBuy fuh me...most if not all the programs i need to use are for use on 32-bit machines (MATLAB, HYSYS etc) wid d probable exception of Autocad P&ID...can 32-bit program versions run on a 64-bit computer? cuz 64-bit laptops are all im seeing on BestBuy...

which is the most reliable laptop brand? and amd vs intel? single core vs multi core? ati radeon vs nvidia geforce? i aint too computer savy but at least i kno i want a good graphics and rel memory (hence 64-bit over 32-bit)...

any advice will be greatly appreciated...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 32-bit vs 64-bit?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »
Yeah 32 bit should work on 64 bit. Primarily it would allow you to access more RAM...so that is a plus for those kinda programs you would be running. Might have some issues with stability....but should be minor.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
64-bit for the memory load
amd and intel have comparable performance in many instances but intel i series is often considered to be overpriced

I'm a nvidia man mihself but dont have a laptop and have been hearin some bad reports about there laptop cards of late you will  need to do some extra research

toshiba and ASUS been gettin top ratings for reliability of late but ah hear ASUS after sales service is piss poor if yuh bad lucky and get ah defective one I ent hear nutten bout toshiba though
I pity the fool....

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
thanks fellas much appreciated   :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »
It's been 4 yrs since I used this site to buy my laptop and I got great advice and direction and haven't regretted my purchase.  I've referred them regularly over the years since.

Offline TrInBa#1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
i have my latptop for 3 years now it work nicely..i bought an acer..i hesitated with a packard bell at that time but the pad feeling of the Pb was awful...i miss sometimes my hardtop...i was using it less...

1]; } ?>