April 19, 2024, 12:50:12 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (26-Mar-2013).  (Read 23090 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (26-Mar-2013).
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Peru at the Estadio Nacional in Lima on the 26th of March 2013 (9:00 Peru time) will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip (Central FC), Cleon John (North East Stars).

Defenders
Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (FC Edmonton/Canada), Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Kareem Moses (North East Stars).

Midfielders
Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Keyon Edwards (Caledonia AIA), Christopher Birchall (Port Vale/England), Kevon Carter (Defence Force), Marcus Joseph (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Darren Mitchell (Central FC), Jason Marcano (Central FC).

Forwards
Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City/England), Cornell Glen (North East Stars).

Peru Squad

Goalkeerpers
Raúl Fernández (Dallas FC).

Defenders
Alberto Rodríguez (Rio Ave), Yoshimar Yotún (Vasco Da Gama), Carlos Zambrano (E. Frankfurt), Luis Advíncula (Hoffenheim).

Midfielders
Rinaldo Cruzado (Newell's Old Boys), Paolo Hurtado (Pacos Ferreira Portugal),  Juan Carlos Mariño (Queretaro), Luis Ramírez (Ponte Preta), Juan Manuel Vargas (Genoa), Álvaro Ampuero (Parma).

Forwards
André Carrillo (Sporting Portugal), Jefferson Farfán (Schalke 04), Claudio Pizarro (Bayern Munich).

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:21:06 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (26-Mar-2013).
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
Wheyyyss, ... forgot that there was a part II for this encounter
Wonder if Molino kept fit enough during his recent trials to be match-ready for this game.
Having absorbed the comments that our attack in T&T against Peru was lacking finishing bite and we were lacking some creativity in midfield, I feel we could do with the addition of Molino, Hector in midfield, Cornel in attack. Defence (our known weakness) seems to be the biggest improving segment of the T&T football team even without Power there. On the other hand, let Power settle himself in Thailand and taste fresh new success and avoid getting injured down in Peru.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:04:54 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 11:34:43 AM »
Wheyss, forgot that there was apart II for this encounter
Wonder if Molino kept fit enough during his recent trials to be match-ready for this game.
Having absorbed the comments that our attack in T&T against Peru was lacking finishing bite and we were lacking some creativity in midfield, I feel we could do with the addition of Molino, Hector in midfield, Cornel in attack. Defence (our known weakness) seems to be the biggest improving segment of the T&T football team. On the other hand, let Power settle himself and avoid geting injured down in Chile.

U 4get me did never know.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:13:34 AM »
Anil say that we missing a potency in our attack...he call on Yorke and Stern to come out of retirement! WDF!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 08:29:30 AM »
I doh mind bringing back Yorkie nah.... Let him raise everybody standard.. On ah nex note, I glad d game not in Trinidad so we could now potentially get ah live feed (shamefull)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 08:47:46 AM »
I doh mind bringing back Yorkie nah.... Let him raise everybody standard.. On ah nex note, I glad d game not in Trinidad so we could now potentially get ah live feed (shamefull)

hope we dont bring back denzil .......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 09:09:20 AM »
Anil say that we missing a potency in our attack...he call on Yorke and Stern to come out of retirement! WDF!

Bring them back....to mentor and coach the young players, not to play.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:47:57 PM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 06:18:52 AM »
The list of foreign-based players called up by Peru to face Chile is more or less the same as faced us in the first encounter ... with the exception that Guerrero is suspended for WC qualifying, (but he'll play versus us, along with Advincula (Hoffenheim) who is also suspended v. Chile), and Juan Manuel Vargas (Genoa) has returned from injury.

Note eh ... Yotun was included in the squad that played us DESPITE NOT GEHHIN PLAYING TIME IN BRAZIL ... and he's back again. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, is Jan becoming an object in the rear-view mirror?

We're going to face a younger squad than we faced a few weeks ago.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 04:54:39 AM »
FYI - I will be in attendance, so I will try to send you guys live updates providing I have internet access.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »
Love my Soca Warriors. But I dont see us scoring in this game. We didnt even score against Peru at HCS..

Peru 3-0 TT. We still in the rebuilding stage. So the experience will be beneficial.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 08:32:08 AM »
We winning 1nil.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 08:49:49 AM »
We go score if Glen is there.
We need to use our weapon. SPEED. That's what they fear us on. Kevon Carter and Cornell pelting dong the wing on a breakawy, freeing up Jones for the headers or back-header and Birchall for de bullet. Golazo! Goalllllllllllllllllllllll. Trinidad y Tobago gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll Dios Mio!!! says the Peruvian commentator. Watch de space.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 10:23:26 AM »
We need to use our weapon. SPEED. That's what they fear us on. Kevon Carter and Cornell pelting dong the wing on a breakawy, freeing up Jones for the headers or back-header and Birchall for de bullet. Golazo! Goalllllllllllllllllllllll. Trinidad y Tobago gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll Dios Mio!!! says the Peruvian commentator. Watch de space.

True.. We get our MLS boys and our top European players and we might pull off a tie.

I think we will have a good Gold cup though.. Providing we get our top players.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
Tie? This is a winnable game. Very winnable.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 11:04:42 PM »

True.. We get our MLS boys and our top European players and we might pull off a tie.

I think we will have a good Gold cup though.. Providing we get our top players.

Allyuh does forget real quickly and does get overrun with excitement at the mention of ah game!!!!! Look we had our top  players against Guyana and what was the result? That one game should be a constant reminder that nothing and no game is a given with our national team. We constantly experimenting and we keep fielding inconsistent line ups hoping to find a diamond in the  rough.

Our players does not appear to have the cohesiveness and chemistry to play as a unit. Ironically, the closet they were  coming to a semblance of a unified  team were in the three four games under H. Charles prior to another coach being added to the mix. Since then we are back to piecemeal teams scraping by to move ahead.

It takes more than just bringing in these players and hoping that they will get by on their talent alone. We need ongoing camps be it in the UK USA and Europe with our players on a regular basis. We need a series of games /practices with all our best  up against each other to  select the best. If we keep preparing in the same way as we always do we will keep getting the same results.

PROPER PLANNING PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
Couldn't see another post here about the latest cock up with the national team. Apparently, the TTFF were supposed to receive $400,000 in funding but up to today have only received $130,000. Players not happy. At the airport, the team had to split into two groups to travel different routes to Belize.

Other news is that Central F.C.'s Jason Marcano has been called up and will travel tomorrow.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »
Roger Sant just said that CNC3 will have live coverage of both games:

Saturday's coverage begins at 5.30 pm
Tuesday's coverage begins at 9.30 pm

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/

However I am not certain whether our overseas based will be able to watch as CNC3 only streams certain programmes so we will have to wait until the day in question.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
Good info.  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »
I have some training highlights and interviews to record. Will try I post them soon.

Can't wait to see the games live.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:20:31 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (26-Mar-2013).
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »

However I am not certain whether our overseas based will be able to watch as CNC3 only streams certain programmes so we will have to wait until the day in question.

I might be able to get a stream up if cnc3 fails to show it online. I can get my phone to stream it off the TV. Ghetto thing but it better than nothing.
Youtube Channel

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »

I might be able to get a stream up if cnc3 fails to show it online. I can get my phone to stream it off the TV. Ghetto thing but it better than nothing.

Appreciated!   :thumbsup: :beermug:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 08:21:21 AM »
Jorsling is suspended for the Peru match while Daniel has to return home to renew his US work visa. No replacements have been called up for either player.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2013, 09:03:04 AM »
lord  :frustrated:
Youtube Channel

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
devon only jorsling he own ballls....me eh know why this fella on the national team nah!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
There are many reasons why our organization appears to be govern in ways less that professional. Help me to understand , that how in teh planning stage of team and player selection, that one would not  know that Mr. Daniel would not be available for the Peru game?
If that was the case, could some one like an ANDRE BOUCHAD, not have been given an opportunity? Could someone tell me why this player is not been considered?

Why does it appear that Mr.Daniel could do as he please and walk in and out of this team and always seem to have an excuse to staify the coaches? Utter nonsense and 'bush league' planning and organization to player selection  involving this player. His record of representation lately has not been impeccable.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »
There are many reasons why our organization appears to be govern in ways less that professional. Help me to understand , that how in teh planning stage of team and player selection, that one would not  know that Mr. Daniel would not be available for the Peru game?
If that was the case, could some one like an ANDRE BOUCHAD, not have been given an opportunity? Could someone tell me why this player is not been considered?

Why does it appear that Mr.Daniel could do as he please and walk in and out of this team and always seem to have an excuse to staify the coaches? Utter nonsense and 'bush league' planning and organization to player selection  involving this player. His record of representation lately has not been impeccable.
How many times is it now Daniel has had visa problems? At least the second.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »
??  are  there underlying issues with keon daniel ?  it beckons to question is this guy really serious about representing Trinidad / Tobago ?? how is it at crucial times he leaves the team  either unannounced or otherwise !!! didn't keon knew  before hand he had a visa issue to attend to before hand ?  was the coaching informed? and if so why was he selected knowing damn well he'll not be available for both these friendlies ???  come on now something is seriously odd here ...  its repeated drama with over and over again why  can't the staff/ the coaching get it right. ? and to keon daniel if you truly want to  wear the red white and black or not to why not state ur intentions clear ... get ur act together mr keon daniel .. !! for i'm sure there many aspirants who are more than willing to represent the national team ... its time to get serious .... for all involved

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tpFd36XBcJI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tpFd36XBcJI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_sYDlCq1BIQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_sYDlCq1BIQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2s5qpnyqWh8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2s5qpnyqWh8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>