March 28, 2024, 01:27:39 AM

Author Topic: Why should I by a Mac ?  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why should I by a Mac ?
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:13:41 AM »
Can anyone of you guys give me a break down why should I buy a Mac.

I am doing a research and I need help on which I should buy, a Mac Pro or Windows ?

Please do not post just links, give me a better review.

Thanks guys.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Why should I by a Mac ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:36 AM »
Why should you? I see no advantages over Windows. Only person I know who have a mac is VB he could help. Also mac is waaay more expensive for what you get.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:41:59 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:40:24 AM »
Why should you? I see no advantages over Windows. Only person I know who have a mac is VB he could help. Also mac is waaay more expensive for what you get.

studio pros swear by them though I suppose due to quality of design software that come default, but that said dey too damn expensive and dey does force yuh to change hardware by starving yuh of updated software after a few years..........ah mean one could argue dat Windows trying to d same ting by couple each directX version with each windows release but game and graphics developer not forced to use d new Directx release and windows does support dey software for much longer than Macs
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:43:14 AM »
Guess it depends what you going to do with it, and how much money yuh willing to part with
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »
Can anyone of you guys give me a break down why should I buy a Mac.

I am doing a research and I need help on which I should buy, a Mac Pro or Windows ?

Please do not post just links, give me a better review.

Thanks guys.

It depends on what you need a  PC for.

If you heavily into graphics, design, photography and media editing etc then a Mac is the best way to go. Also, if you not able fighting up with viruses, spyware, a plethora of Windows updates and other nagware etc, then yeah you safe with the Mac.

But if you already familiar with PCs, just need it for normal browsing the web, desktop stuff, music, videos, photos and whatever else the common user does then just stick to PC. I would say there is a learning curve with adjusting to the Mac OS too, but there is also a learning curve with Windows 8.

Also, if you are a power user and see yourself working with different programs and tools etc, a PC might be the better look because there are more programs and tools for PC than Mac. The most annoying thing for me is to find a program I need and it doesn't have drivers or install for Mac OS.

Bottom line.. If you are the kinda fella that drives a Toyota and don't mind looking under the hood now and then to DIY then PC it is. But if you are the kinda fella that on Audis and will take it back to the dealer to top up the radiator then Mac is for you.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 09:21:21 AM »
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I just fed up with this windows and how slow they work, full of virus etc..

I need speed and performance.

1]; } ?>