March 28, 2024, 03:25:59 AM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 96574 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #450 on: August 25, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »
Dude leave JB right way he is. Get over it. He will not be playing for TT, seeing that our association sucks. He will not be part of us. I have no problem with him doing what he thinks is best for him.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2017, 08:57:49 PM »
Dude leave JB right way he is. Get over it. He will not be playing for TT, seeing that our association sucks. He will not be part of us. I have no problem with him doing what he thinks is best for him.

Fully agree.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2017, 11:00:31 PM »
So what is the deal this is a do or die game has Dennis Lawrence reach out to him

It's not like they haven't tried.

but for this qualifier

I agree, if there is a reversal of fortune, we eh go be vex. It might be do or die for us. It eh do or die for Bostock, who has not been swayed post-Hart. That by itself might merit a commission of inquiry.

You sure Tallest have or have not try to contact him?

Yes.

for this qualifier ?I am surprised tallest looking at the same ole same ole local boys ..no other options :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 26, 2017, 06:26:21 AM »
So what is the deal this is a do or die game has Dennis Lawrence reach out to him

It's not like they haven't tried.

but for this qualifier

I agree, if there is a reversal of fortune, we eh go be vex. It might be do or die for us. It eh do or die for Bostock, who has not been swayed post-Hart. That by itself might merit a commission of inquiry.

You sure Tallest have or have not try to contact him?

Yes.

for this qualifier[//b] ?I am surprised tallest looking at the same ole same ole local boys ..no other options :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Just to be very clear ...

The response ("yes") is a general response to what I understood as being a generalized question from Deeks that didn't specifically refer to the September qualifiers.

I have no clue of what has occurred specifically regarding the upcoming matches on September 1 and 5 or as to what has occurred subsequent to the last round of qualifying matches.

However, public comments made by the head coach have indicated that outreach to the player occurred at some time. I cannot speak to the frequency or manner with/in which the coach and/or association has liaised with the player regarding suiting up. However, the player has been contacted in the present coaching era.

Should they be making inquiries with the player each rounds? That depends? Maybe? Maybe not? Depends on where the parties left it.

Nonetheless, apart from the public comments made by DL, based on separate, independent comments that can't be construed as third party comments, I learned the player's position. Underlying reasons for the position? I don't know. Asked, but not answered.

For now at least.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #454 on: September 09, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »
Two games to  go.

Come John, help out your country.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 09, 2017, 03:18:58 PM »
Not his country

No foreign born gonna come here just so. We need to attract all the foreign born to come here to play with each other

We do that by offering them major competition experience. Starting with Olympics and possibly u20

We need to be honest with ourselves. Our locals are not up to standard

SSFL going on right now and them boys around the same age as Kylian Mbappe

That alone should put things into perspective

Our long term goal should be improving development etc....

Our short term goals should be qualifying and getting butts in the stands for games

We do that by offering quality football and the only way we gonna offer quality football is by having quality footballers on the team.

It is not rocket science.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 09, 2017, 05:25:08 PM »
Not his country

No foreign born gonna come here just so. We need to attract all the foreign born to come here to play with each other

We do that by offering them major competition experience. Starting with Olympics and possibly u20

We need to be honest with ourselves. Our locals are not up to standard

SSFL going on right now and them boys around the same age as Kylian Mbappe

That alone should put things into perspective

Our long term goal should be improving development etc....

Our short term goals should be qualifying and getting butts in the stands for games

We do that by offering quality football and the only way we gonna offer quality football is by having quality footballers on the team.

It is not rocket science.

that explains it. Not rocket science.

I guess if it's not  your country, you just wait 'til it's worth your while.

Let's qualify for the GC and see if we become "his country."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 09, 2017, 07:20:56 PM »
Why wait for the GC, when he had the opportunity to play for us on the WC. It don't make sense. We were literally begging for him to play. But he never showed up. What more does he want? We out of the WC.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 09, 2017, 09:46:14 PM »
It is going to be hard to attract them individually. We would have to attract them all together so that there would be familiarity with each other and trust with the quality around them. That is what we should be aiming at. Not just attracting one. Attracting as many as possible. Young(21 etc) and older(28-32) etc. This can be done if TTFA serious.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 10, 2017, 05:37:04 PM »
Why wait for the GC, when he had the opportunity to play for us on the WC. It don't make sense. We were literally begging for him to play. But he never showed up. What more does he want? We out of the WC.

We had a good GC and tht still wasn't enough to encourage him. The man has priorities and our WC campaign is not one of them.

I will always admire J Loyd Samuel, he made TT wait but when he committed, he did so fully. Even after we were out of the campaign, he still made the effort to show up.

Dont' worry Bostick, there will be those waiting the extra year or so for you.

Come when you can.  ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 10, 2017, 10:48:12 PM »

We had a good GC and tht still wasn't enough to encourage him. The man has priorities and our WC campaign is not one of them.

I will always admire J Loyd Samuel, he made TT wait but when he committed, he did so fully. Even after we were out of the campaign, he still made the effort to show up.

Dont' worry Bostick, there will be those waiting the extra year or so for you.

Come when you can.  ;D
I don't see many born and bred foreign educated professionals(bbfep) or I should say, i see many bbfep NOT running back while in their prime to serve the country in many fields, due to the political and socio-economic climate...serving for free, why should he, even when we at present ignorant of the communication between him and our National program..maybe they still owe him for his last plane ticket, who knows  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEH-v5dxdhQ
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:11:40 PM by maxg »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 11, 2017, 08:53:04 AM »
Funny how much talk does go on based on emotion. Just curious as to who here knows him or his family personally to understand what has transpired. Bostock right (if it is he has changed his mind or has misgivings) to stay away.  Just look at the bullshit being spoken about him without facts.  Imagine if he had come and play. One game, no pay, two games, no pay, three games, no pay, etc. If after that he had said nah I had enough, allyuh would rake him thru the coals! So if this is his doing I applaud him because the federation full ah shit and quite frankly plenty ah allyuh here full ah shit too.  Between the fantasy world talk about our talent level and the demands that these players with a chance to play in better organized settings be fully committed to this shit, I feel some ah allyuh certifiable mad.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 11, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »
Funny how much talk does go on based on emotion. Just curious as to who here knows him or his family personally to understand what has transpired. Bostock right (if it is he has changed his mind or has misgivings) to stay away.  Just look at the bullshit being spoken about him without facts.  Imagine if he had come and play. One game, no pay, two games, no pay, three games, no pay, etc. If after that he had said nah I had enough, allyuh would rake him thru the coals! So if this is his doing I applaud him because the federation full ah shit and quite frankly plenty ah allyuh here full ah shit too.  Between the fantasy world talk about our talent level and the demands that these players with a chance to play in better organized settings be fully committed to this shit, I feel some ah allyuh certifiable mad.

In other words, you don't know anything either.

But you applauding.

No emotion there at all.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 11, 2017, 11:47:59 AM »

In other words, you don't know anything either.

But you applauding.

No emotion there at all.

Like yuh hear yuh name call eh?!! Guess you can't see the difference. Well hard luck cause I eh wasting time explaining it needa so, salt!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 11, 2017, 12:15:04 PM »
Remember Bostock did show up to play 2 WCQ games for us and guess what....we dropped the ball.
I've seen college coaches in all sports pull out all the stops to recruit high quality HS players. Why? Because that player could take their program to the next level and put the institution on the map. You should see how they treat the parents and the player during a visit. The locker is decorated as if that individual is the only person on the team, the administrators all do there best to ensure everything is in place in terms of room and board, special advisors to help in determining major/classes, during the campus tour everyone greets the family like royalty....full red carpet treatment for a HS kid. Not even the students with perfect ACT/SAT scores experience that.
Watched a program where Klinnsman and the US team pulled out all the stops for Jonathan Greene so he can commit. We had the chance for the guy to buy-in to our national setup and we messed it up so we shouldn't be really blaming him. Sometimes you get one chance to make a good first impression.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #465 on: September 11, 2017, 12:35:53 PM »
Remember Bostock did show up to play 2 WCQ games for us and guess what....we dropped the ball.
I've seen college coaches in all sports pull out all the stops to recruit high quality HS players. Why? Because that player could take their program to the next level and put the institution on the map. You should see how they treat the parents and the player during a visit. The locker is decorated as if that individual is the only person on the team, the administrators all do there best to ensure everything is in place in terms of room and board, special advisors to help in determining major/classes, during the campus tour everyone greets the family like royalty....full red carpet treatment for a HS kid. Not even the students with perfect ACT/SAT scores experience that.
Watched a program where Klinnsman and the US team pulled out all the stops for Jonathan Greene so he can commit. We had the chance for the guy to buy-in to our national setup and we messed it up so we shouldn't be really blaming him. Sometimes you get one chance to make a good first impression.
We love to declare we eh begging nobody.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 11, 2017, 12:42:57 PM »
Got to give JB some preps here...he see and smelled that dead Rat from a long way

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 11, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »

Soccerman you sum up everything that I wanted to say. I honestly can't add anymore.

People really don't understand what wooing is.

You have to woo these players.

Pull out all the stops from the airport to the Hotel etc. Make them feel welcomed.

Welcoming a player is not shooting them an email and sending a plane ticket etc. Need to get some sophistication involved.

The players have an option, not to play international ball, not risk major injury and fatigue flying to the caribbean to play football.

Do you really know how the wider world view us and our football programs etc. Our programs are viewed as jokey and third world. Why would anyone risk their career to come here and "fight up"? For What?

Do we even know what is the relationship between these players and the parents who come from Tnt? Were these parents absent from their children's lives growing up? We don't know if there is resentment there towards the "trini" parent. That resentment may extend to the country. All of this needs to be considered. It is not as black and white as some people like to believe. Remember if the parent was absent then the child would be lacking the cultural and national familiarity that may make him feel he has roots here.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 11, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »
Got to give JB some preps here...he see and smelled that dead Rat from a long way

5 JB's and we have a shot at WC qualification. We could get that.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:03:05 PM by congo »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 12, 2017, 05:58:53 AM »
Maybe as the WC campaign started to derail Bostock lost interest in repping T&T. Maybe for him is the opportunity to play in a WC and less than representing the country

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 12, 2017, 06:00:33 AM »
Maybe as the WC campaign started to derail Bostock lost interest in repping T&T. Maybe for him is the opportunity to play in a WC and less than representing the country

there is more to it than that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
John Bostock
« Reply #472 on: January 22, 2018, 12:44:23 PM »
Anybody read about him being in car accident?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock
« Reply #473 on: January 22, 2018, 03:52:56 PM »
Anybody read about him being in car accident?

That accident was from March 2017.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 22, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
Ok. I did not read the article. Just watched the pictures.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2018, 05:26:08 PM »
He seems to have kept it quiet until the court case was done.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2018, 08:46:53 PM »
I come on de site to see what people talkin bout and is only dead horse dey beatin.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 23, 2018, 12:17:31 PM »
I come on de site to see what people talkin bout and is only dead horse dey beatin.
No living horses to beat, coache. LOL  ;D

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 31, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »
Bostock signs for Bursaspor in Turkey from RC Lens until 2020. His deal with Lens was due to expire at the end of the season. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 01, 2018, 10:18:13 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>