April 20, 2024, 05:45:30 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad defeats Costa Rica 2-0 at Under 17's  (Read 6356 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Trinidad defeats Costa Rica 2-0 at Under 17's
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:06:21 AM »
Trinidad defeats Costa Rica 2-0 at Under 17's.
By Michael Lewis (Concacaf).

Trinidad & Tobago kept its hopes up of reaching the quarterfinals of the 2013 CONCACAF Under-17 Championship by recording a 2-0 Group B victory over Costa Rica on Monday night.

Andre Fortune scored in the first half and Brent Sam added an insurance goal for the Soca Warriors in the second half at Estadio Agustin Muquita Sanchez.

Goalkeeper Johan Welch, who plays for the Houston Dynamo Academy team, recorded the shutout for the Caribbean side.

Trinidad ended group play at 1-1-0 and three points. The Costa Ricans (0-1-0, none) face Canada (1-0-0, three), 2-0 winners over Trinidad in its Saturday opener, in the final group match on Wednesday night.

The Ticos squandered a golden opportunity to take an early lead after Trinidad's Brendon Creed took down Arington Torres in the penalty area. Referee Armando Castro of Honduras had no hesitation pointing to the penalty spot.

Read More

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:20:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad defeats Costa Rica 2-0 at Under 17's
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:15:02 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/983sWnoMbNE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/983sWnoMbNE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 05:29:55 AM »
Dat free kick. Yes sah!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:37:16 AM »
i doubted they  could have pulled it off they made me eat my words ........  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 05:44:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KiOPkqAV1Bc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KiOPkqAV1Bc</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 05:54:04 AM »
And Tobago

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 06:04:42 AM »
Hate that we are yet in another situation of having to await the outcome of a match between other teams, but it could have been worse ... we could have been out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 06:08:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OnkTm3s87M0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OnkTm3s87M0</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 06:16:37 AM »
How de f00ck Costa Rica get a penalty for that !!!!

De ref from Honduras, them Spanish for Spanish.

Doh feed them Spanish nah, Them Spanish does eat and Varnish.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 07:53:23 AM »
If anyone saw that entire game then you tell me about the quality of that performance and I will tell you if we saw the same game. As far as Costa Rica's performance is concerned, if they don't beat Canada by at least 3 goals in their last game to move on to the next round, their coach is not coaching another u17 team. Stick a fork in him he is done. They were piss poor. With that being said, Cooper must have told them to see the shot and be the shot. The first goal was soft. The keeper was snoozing and when you snooze you loose. The second goal by Sam was a gem, a little higher exactly where it was placed and not a goalkeeper in the world was going to save that rock. I will save my indictment of this performance for later. Congratulations on the win, yeah, but now you are left depending on another  team to determine your destiny.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:55:16 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »
How did the goalkeeper performed ?

He looked ok from the highlights.

Anybody know more about him ?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
Great result.

Been a while since I've seen a TT team trouble the opposition with FKs so.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 08:58:45 AM »
If anyone saw that entire game then you tell me about the quality of that performance and I will tell you if we saw the same game. As far as Costa Rica's performance is concerned, if they don't beat Canada by at least 3 goals in their last game to move on to the next round, their coach is not coaching another u17 team. Stick a fork in him he is done. They were piss poor. With that being said, Cooper must have told them to see the shot and be the shot. The first goal was soft. The keeper was snoozing and when you snooze you loose. The second goal by Sam was a gem, a little higher exactly where it was placed and not a goalkeeper in the world was going to save that rock. I will save my indictment of this performance for later. Congratulations on the win, yeah, but now you are left depending on another  team to determine your destiny.
I'll call a spade a spade: the first goal, took a slight deflection. I don't think it was only a result of the keeper being asleep.

I agree with Deese- I'm not taking anything away from our boys' effort, but it was obvious that CR side is not too good of a team at all, especially by Costa Rican standards.

Also, just an observation: T&T had a definite physical and athletic advantage and used it for all it was worth. The difference in size and athleticism between the squads made us look like one of those African "U-17" sides.

Hopefully T&T will have a chance to remove all doubts against a better team in the quarterfinals.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:49:40 AM by #4 »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 09:12:23 AM »
deese  oh lawd  breds  lewwe at least saveur this win nah:) oh jeezanages  , let costa rica and canada  sweat their battle  in the next game ,  as neither of them ( costa rica / canada ) can afford to lose nor draw,  neither of the teams in the group  wants  a game decided by a coin toss ...in the event all team finishes with the same aggregate   which will be a nightmare come to think of it..... the scenario as it stands canada cannot afford a 3-0 loss   neither  can costa rica afford anything but an outright win  of no less than a 3-0 win  to automatically advance  out of the group ... well look bachannal here is real blood and sand   between canada and costa rica ...... anyways we just have to wait and see....... ah doh like this part at all but my feeling is our chances of moving on is pretty good at this point  .....  let me send my best wishes to  the staff and the young warriors again in advance..... god bless  and best wishes youth men  back to work!!

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 09:51:36 AM »
any link were i can watch the whole game plz? thanks and bless.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
I'll call a spade a spade: the first goal, took a slight deflection. I don't think it was only a result of the keeper being asleep.

I agree with Deese- I'm not taking anything away from our boys' effort, but it was obvious that CR side is not too good of a team at all, especially by Costa Rican standards.

Also, just an observation: T&T had a definite physical and athletic advantage and used it for all it was worth. The difference in size and athleticism between the squads made us look like one of those African "U-17" sides.

Hopefully T&T will have a chance to remove all doubts against a better team in the quarterfinals.

or could it be we prepared and closed the GAP .... in the past the national team prep was one or two games against a pro league team then  one international  we entered the tournament  and lost by 1 or 2  nil  .... effort was put into preparation and we won, now costa rica is sub standard  :bs: .... ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »

or could it be we prepared and closed the GAP .... in the past the national team prep was one or two games against a pro league team then  one international  we entered the tournament  and lost by 1 or 2  nil  .... effort was put into preparation and we won, now costa rica is sub standard  :bs: .... ....

He look for that  :whip:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »
The defence wasn't too bad at all and Costa Rica did not have any clear cut chances other than the header onto the post.
The penalty was a bogus call. Now we could argue that CR is real toots this rounds, it definitely look so. However we now done collect licks from this same age group not too long ago, so adjustments were made.
The midfield was working too, however there were moments of spectating and not tracking your mark, especially as these latin teams like to pass and move and play 1-2's.
On attack, we actually was looking good after we settle around the 15th minute. A little too much individualism and no set plan to advance the ball. However, dem dellas was shooting on sight, which lead to the goal.
After the goal, we stop playing constructive, went back into a shell and invite Costa Rica to play. It was all voom kick after that. In years past this would have been a recipe for disaster, but a solid back line, some well timed fouls plus a pretty average Costa Rica team allowed us to hold out.
Coming down to the end CR was running out of legs and ideas and allowed us to counterattack much more, which led to the freekick and the insurance goal. It was good skill by the sub, dribbling through two defenders to draw the foul and yellow card.
After that emphatic free kick, CR was deflated and we started to play a little more ball. Still gave away the ball unnecessarily though.
The difference between this team and bertille U-20 team is a Dwight Yorke type talisman.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
#4, I agree with you that the team was more physical. Trini_2018, by Costa Rican standards this team is not that good. You have to see their entire performance to understand what I am saying here. Closed the gap? Not quite, it is still a continental divide. If it was they had closed the gap I would be the first to say so but that performance runs deeper than on the field. If you understand what I am saying. As far as the T&T keeper was concerned, other than the penalty kick which he didn't have to save and the bullet that came directly at him, he had nothing else to do. I will say this, he looked very good in his restarts. The ball went directly to the player it was intended to for the most part.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:32:05 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »

ent!!! people dont realize how far these guys have come. they were getting bounced around by the likes of guyana and suriname last year because they were so small and weak. the coaching staff put a lot of time into developing them physically and preparing them for war.

that same costa rican side rest a 3-0 cut ass on us just over a month ago. now that our boys work like dogs to scrape out a victory all of a sudden costa rica is a shit side. steups

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »
Good, win.

Think we are a bit to individualistic in the top half of the field. Many time in the highlights the extra pass would have been very productive, but we settle for the man on the ball hitting it. It did work though as we got the lead from it.......scouting?

Would love to see a bit more patience in the attacking side of the field.

However, a win is a win is a win.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
I have been saying and I'll say it again we have talented athletes with lots of potential  with the right preparation we would always be hard to beat. The Gods smiled on us last night ..the players put in a workmanlike effort defensively and the Costa Ricans disrespected us and paid dearly.  I am happy and  I am proud ..it was good for our boys..I hope they could pull out another victory. I am still not giving credit to the coaching staff because I can see a lot of problems ..the team still not working well together going forward..the goalkeeper is less than average and we still allowing crosses from the wing.
I had to eat my words though..anyway Congrats T+T.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 03:14:28 PM »
coache, we have problems moving the ball fluidly into the box. even manu and real madrid have problems moving forward sometimes.

the take away message is that we were beaten by costa rica in march. our coach was able to use that experience to prepare the team for victory and outcoach his counterpart.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
I don't know about that being a weak CR team. You don't play your weak team in first game in a competition like this. CR played the same way as the they do. Control the middle short passes (lateral and forward) and when the spaces are created they quickly seize on it to move forward. They were doing that all night and I wouls say had 60% of the game. But our guys were mentally better prepared than previous teams playing against CR. Maybe the lil tour before the tournament help. Who knows. Our guys did not make as much bad passes and they were sheilding the ball from their opponents with certain amount of confidence. Like I said we had less possesion, but when we moved forward, especially on the fast break we looked dangerous. Our shooting needs to improve and we need to keep the ball some more. Because the more them CA teams control the game, the chances that they will score is highly certain. But this team look more cohesive than previous teams. Boy, and what a first goal can do for your psyche. Soft goal, well placed shot. You take your pick. But Tall Boy free kick was the pierce de resistance. I hoping to see that on Fox Goal of the Week. Right back, left back were tough most of the game.

Chubby,the GK, did well. He was always in the game. Did not get napping, like the first goal in the first game. Looks kind of short , especially with that oversize jersey. But he was good. We need more possession and some harder shots at goal are my only little issue. But I know how they guys feeling. They in the jump up still. A tie or loss meant they packing they bags to come home. Good luck Young Warriors.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:53:01 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 04:37:23 PM »
Great results considering this same T&T team lost 3-0 to Costa Rica just February.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U17 Costa Rica vs Trinidad and Tobago Full Game
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4z8r-Q9ko4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/L4z8r-Q9ko4</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 07:00:56 PM »
Zandolie  I will take back some of the harsh criticism of the coaching staff ..I watched the first 15mins of the match and I could see some things. I saw collective pressure on the ball and denial of space. I also saw the good use of the players size and strength to create problems for the opponents. Thank God Trinidad players are usually pretty good on the ball and I think they demonstrated that against a very good team. I have seen better keepers from my country in the past and I am just not sold on this foreign kid.
I think the philosophy being used by the coach appears to be quite simple and requires a lot of hard work by the players..I feel that the players are up to it. I feel that if we could spend a lot of time practicing set plays  i.e throw ins, corners I prefer short corners and I always go first post even if last post was used first post is always the final objective, and free kicks. Ofcourse  defending set plays is important and I would be working on possession and finishing in the final third.
I give credit to the staff for selecting a well balanced team.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: U17 Costa Rica vs Trinidad and Tobago Full Game
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »
Thanks man!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 09:27:11 PM »
I must say the coachman had a plan to play without the ball..much better job than Shabazz ..kudos to Coach Cooper.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »
Catching the game now ... with respect to the first 15 minutes ... one of the notable things is that we haven't made 1 negative pass yet. On the senior team we would have made about 40 by now.

Paused just to note the commentator bigs up Latas and mentions that it was Latas who scored on May 17, 1985 in Mexico in Costa Rica's first ever outing versus us at U17 level. Game ended 1-1.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:35:28 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>