March 29, 2024, 04:56:28 AM

Author Topic: 2013 NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 26273 times)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2013, 08:59:06 AM »
Great game! Of course allyuh enjoyed it more becuz Miami won  :devil:
Real drama boy.  I couldn't believe got those three FTs and then hit them all.  Wow what a finish.
Fans got their monies worth

Indiana matches up against well vs the Heat.
This should be fun.

great game indeed.
I hope the series is as exciting as Game 1
I have a feeling Heat will come out guns blazing in Game 2 though and wrap it up in 5, max 6 games
whey boy!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »
I said Indiana would struggle once the refs start calling all dem fouls they didn't against NY. Surprised that Wade and James get in foul trouble too.  Both coaches bump they head and coulda cost their teams the game... except one was ah even bigger imps.  Spoelstra should have had his team foul at the end of regulation, especially when West had the ball with his back to the basket at the top of the key with only 2.2 seconds on the clock.  Instead they allowed him to pass to George for the deep three.

Vogel outsmart heself by twice taking Hibbert out near the end of OT... and both times LeBron drove the lane for the score.  Maybe now we could stop hearing about what a genius he is.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2013, 09:51:03 AM »
I said Indiana would struggle once the refs start calling all dem fouls they didn't against NY. Surprised that Wade and James get in foul trouble too.  Both coaches bump they head and coulda cost their teams the game... except one was ah even bigger imps.  Spoelstra should have had his team foul at the end of regulation, especially when West had the ball with his back to the basket at the top of the key with only 2.2 seconds on the clock.  Instead they allowed him to pass to George for the deep three.

Vogel outsmart heself by twice taking Hibbert out near the end of OT... and both times LeBron drove the lane for the score.  Maybe now we could stop hearing about what a genius he is.

I is not no basketball man... but me and meh partner watch dat game and say de same ting. Why not just foul and let dem try to make two?
Then after now Indiana have the whole lane open wide like the croisee with lights and banners waving signalling Lebron in.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »
I is not no basketball man... but me and meh partner watch dat game and say de same ting. Why not just foul and let dem try to make two?
Then after now Indiana have the whole lane open wide like the croisee with lights and banners waving signalling Lebron in.

I could forgive Spoelstra... is ah age old debate in basketball when up by three whether to foul and put them at the line to make two, or to hedge yuh bets and dare them to score from outside de arc.  In this case given who had the ball and where fouling was the better option.  LeBron self eh even challenge, he just kinda bat at the ball but was more concerned with fouling.  Then again, Wade challenged the deep three late and end up snakebiting George on he elbow to send him to the line fuh three shots.

As for Vogel... he outsmart heself on dat one.  Twist heself right into ah brain fart.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2013, 09:17:59 PM »
If Indiana didn't make so many mistakes...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »

Series 1-1
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »

Series 1-1

Them fellas making it hard on themselves.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2013, 09:57:53 PM »
Indiana live at the foul line again... but it really came down to the two critical mistakes by LeBron at the end.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2013, 09:58:49 AM »
Indiana live at the foul line again... but it really came down to the two critical mistakes by LeBron at the end.

pacers/heat series will be decided who makes the fewest mistakes come crunch time.  game 1 indiana coach made mistakes, they lost.  game 2 lebron made mistakes, heat lost.  game 3 is a must win for indiana despite stealing home court advantage.  if heat goes 2-1 up it will be too much pressure for indiana in game 4.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »
Duncan does look like he vex he have to play in OT.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2013, 11:57:37 PM »
Memphis is ah waste ah friggin time.  I doh even mind them getting outplayed and letting SA back into the game in the second quarter, but the wasted possessions at the end of regulation and into OT seal the deal.  Game tied and you have posession with 16 seconds left and you kill most of the clock only to end up with Conley flinging up a prayer over a 7-footer... with his WEAK hand??  FOH!  Spurs should sweep dem.  And I cyah stand de Spurs.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »
Hibbert mom is Trini,his dad is Jamaican. Jamaica beat us to the punch and he represented them and not us.We'd move too late.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »
Hibbert mom is Trini,his dad is Jamaican. Jamaica beat us to the punch and he represented them and not us.We'd move too late.
I've met a few college bball players out here who have parents from T&T and can play but never represented us or the US. Is there anyone who scouts abroad for our national teams? I don't want to kill this thread but maybe it's something we can start on a new thread.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »

Hibbert is trying to disavow his membership on the Jamaican team in favor of trying to represent the US.  In light of that it hardly makes sense to waste time wondering "what if" with him.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2013, 09:36:54 PM »
70 points in the first half is hard to beat.  I hope the next game brings some fireworks back to the series.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2013, 02:50:41 AM »
This series may end up like last year's NBA finals. OKC won one game, but in all actuality they should have been swept.
Waiting patiently for Larry Bird to bump his gums again and call his team SOFT....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2013, 08:02:26 AM »

Honestly, I kind of glad he did not play for TT because Manning(Brian) was getting real stick from Anil. And the national team was not getting anything from the government. The basket team at the Copa Caribe had some money issues during the tournament, if I remembered (correct me). Well currently things looking differently with this Hoop for Life tournament. Basketball may get to eat ah food if they play it right with Anil. Plus we don't even have a top class basketball arena. Tacarigua and UWi are the closest that could pass muster for a regional tournament.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »
This series may end up like last year's NBA finals. OKC won one game, but in all actuality they should have been swept.
Waiting patiently for Larry Bird to bump his gums again and call his team SOFT....

series done, heat taking it in 5.  pacers might force a game 6.  now i have to support the spurs.  hate the heat.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »
Memphis 1 half away from going fishing.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
Memphis 1 half away from going fishing.

1 quarter now....they picked up a lil momentum with that 4pt play so we'll see

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2013, 09:47:14 PM »
Memphis swept!!! Good thing I didn't bet my hard earned money on them for this series...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »
Good riddance to Memphis.  I rooted fuh dem but they was a wast ah friggin time.  Act like they never see a pick and roll before... still ent figure out how to defend it.  First quarter was ah extended layup drill for the Spurs... that's how bad the Grizzlies defense was.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2013, 07:50:21 PM »
memphis was very disappointing, they let the San Antonio AARPs manhandle dem.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »
Heat take Indiana best punch in the opening minutes... and starting tuh punch back deyself now.  Good game, Indiana season might be in the balance.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2013, 09:10:55 PM »
Heat take Indiana best punch in the opening minutes... and starting tuh punch back deyself now.  Good game, Indiana season might be in the balance.

Indiana take the punch, get up off the mat and now is toe-to-toe to the end.

Look James foul out. What will Miami do now?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2013, 09:15:35 PM »
I think the title of worst official in the NBA officially belongs to Derek Stafford now... wow. Unless I'm mistaken, Stafford is the ref who failed to make the foul call on LeBron in last year's final when he was guarding Durant. Tonight he's called LeBron for a technical when LeBron was talking to him... called the offensive foul on LeBron with 2 seconds left in the third that led to Stephenson's big three... now he just fouled out LeBron on some tickytack bs. Wow!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »

Indiana take the punch, get up off the mat and now is toe-to-toe to the end.

Look James foul out. What will Miami do now?

Play game 6
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »
The refs had too much influence in dictating the outcome of this game. Oh well onto game 6.

On a side note what was Lebron's thinking when he made the statement indicating that flopping was ok...

If someone told me an athlete made such a quote, I would have automatically thought of Christiano Ronaldo.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
I think the "flopping" thing is overplayed... just as in football there's flopping and there's embellishment.  I think most of what James is guilty of is embellishment.  Unless a man "goes to ground" I won't call that flopping.  I think James meant that it's okay to embellish to draw attention to a foul.  While I don't necessarily disagree... I hate to see him flail his arms and throw his head back as though he get bounce by a truck, when he so frigging big and strong.  That said, the refs giving the Indiana frontline too much of an advantage by allowing them to contact Heat players at the basket, then turning around calling everything against the Heat defenders in the paint.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »
This was Miami's third worst shooting game for the season.  Hell of a time to start playin shit. 

Nuttn to watch tonight, all becuz Memphis gone and get swept.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:58:25 PM by Peong »

1]; } ?>