March 28, 2024, 12:47:51 PM

Author Topic: England's Heaviest Footballer  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
England's Heaviest Footballer
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »
Watching a match wid dis fella playin upfront...he is a BEAST

Northampton's giant striker Adebayo Akinfenwa makes critics eat their words with first hat-trick
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/northampton-town/9671884/Northamptons-giant-striker-Adebayo-Akinfenwa-makes-critics-eat-their-words-with-first-hat-trick.html

Akinfenwa, a cult figure at the Cobblers due to the size of his shorts as well as his goal tally, is no stranger to chants about his weight. But the London-born striker says the terrace jeers are a motivating factor.

"Their fans were giving me some stick a couple of minutes before my first goal so it was nice to shut them up a little bit,” he told the Northampton Chronicle.

“It’s a beautiful thing. I want them to talk when they need to talk. I know it’s pure banter and part and parcel of football. When they do that, I generally score so they need to keep doing it so I can keep scoring goals.

“If I was playing a game and they weren’t doing it I would think something was strange so they can do what they’ve got to do and I’ll do what I’ve got to do.”

Nicknamed The Beast, Akinfenwa admits: “I eat loads — but I’m not a McDonald’s or fast food guy. But I think I should have shares in Nandos because I live there so much.

“The day the fans stop singing my name I must be doing something wrong. I try to play with a smile.”

Akinfenwa's fame has already spread beyond Northampton fans. He is the CEO of HAHA! clothing range, and the star of its popular '2 big 2 play football' T-shirts, which retail for £20. He even has a slogan, something he calls 'Beast Mode'.

“Beast Mode is trying to be the best you can and hit it hard. A lawyer, a chef, going to school — anybody can be in beast mode," explains Akinfenwa, who has now scored 10 goals this season for Northampton, who are 12th in League Two.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: England's Heaviest Footballer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 02:40:33 PM »
All dat and dey eh give us his height and weight.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 07:54:37 PM »
WOW.... I remember this dude when I used to live in England. Wasn't he on the same team as Stern at one point in time, might have been Birmingham or Coventry. Then again all dem Africans does have the same name.

That Nando's ent no joke though. Could have some my self right now.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
Akinfenwa is one of my favorite non-Caribbean players in the lower leagues.  He was banging in goals earlier this year but has slowed somewhat, though his side are through to the playoff final.

That article is pretty old though

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 09:25:40 PM »
All dat and dey eh give us his height and weight.

5' 10" 16 stone

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 10:39:26 PM »
WOW.... I remember this dude when I used to live in England. Wasn't he on the same team as Stern at one point in time, might have been Birmingham or Coventry. Then again all dem Africans does have the same name.

Not sure about Africans, but every Caribbean footballer I knew in England (including those born in UK) loved Nandos more than sex! Every time I had to meet these guys it would be "Yuh know where Nandos is? I'll meet yuh there"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »

Not sure about Africans, but every Caribbean footballer I knew in England (including those born in UK) loved Nandos more than sex! Every time I had to meet these guys it would be "Yuh know where Nandos is? I'll meet yuh there"

meh partner (Back in times poster - Strip) in London love Nandos too bad... when I there we does have to go all 3, 4 times
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 02:54:10 AM »
Nando's, the only nationwide chain in the UK where you could eat chicken, relatively spicy rice and add hot sauce tuh yuh own specification (sorry can't call it pepper sauce, as I aint gone lower than Extra Hot and still the bowels fine) all wid pretty decent prices. And people wonder why Caribbean and African does like eating there ????

Probably would go bankrupt if someone eva figure out how tuh successfully make Caribbean/African fastfood. I dream fuh that day.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
he go be hard to defend yes.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 04:49:15 PM »
That bloke eat out the whole of Ghana and run come England. ;D