Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 131061 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BREAKING NEWS...... Stephen Hart is Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach.
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2013, 02:28:17 PM »
Hart transplant: TTFA hires ex-Canada coach… locals still unpaid.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868.com).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) appears set to announce another new face on its technical staff on the eve of the July 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Wired868 understands that former Canada national football team coach Stephen Hart has accepted a two-year offer from TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee and should be in charge of the “Soca Warriors” in time for next month’s tournament.

Former 2006 World Cup coach Leo Beenhakker is still on the way but his position would be as a director of football. Wired868 tried unsuccessfully to contact Tim Kee and TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips for information on the new structure and responsibilities of the technical staff.

But David Muhammad, another new recruit, confirmed that Hart will join the staff.

“My understanding is that a press release should be sent out to give the details,” Muhammad told Wired868. “But, basically, Stephen Hart is head coach and Leo Beenhakker is director of football… Stephen Hart will run the bench and will have the final say on all team matters.

“Beenhakker will be there to lend his knowledge of the game and to offer guidance and advice.”

So, based on present information, Anton Corneal continues as technical director while Beenhakker comes in as director of football with Hart as head coach. New St Ann’s Rangers head coach Gilbert Bateau also joins the squad as a trainer. And, within the support staff, Muhammad is now head of the delegation for the Gold Cup with William Wallace and Peter Rampersad continuing as manager and assistant manager respectively.

And what is the fate of the coaches who booked Trinidad and Tobago’s place at the 2013 Gold Cup?

Co-head coach Hutson “Barber” Charles was formally invited to be interviewed by Beenhakker for an assistant coaching position while his fellow head coach Jamaal Shabazz and assistant Derek King were privately asked to do the same.

Shabazz initially agreed to work under Beenhakker, a former Real Madrid and Netherlands international coach, but refused the offer of an apprenticeship under the less celebrated, Trinidad-born Hart.

“What is the basis of our demotion?” asked Shabazz. “The fact that we have not scored a goal in six matches against opposition that coaches of higher pedigree have struggled to beat? I am getting a whiff of a North American solution to all of Trinidad and Tobago’s football programmes.

“Down the road, I’m predicting that North Americans will be coming in to deal with our women and youth teams too.”

Phillips, who was appointed as general secretary last month, resides in the United States and travels here intermittently to oversee important TTFA matters in person. It is uncertain whether he intends to relocate to Trinidad or if he hopes to conduct the business of local football through phone calls and Skype.

Hart, a former Texaco midfielder, left Trinidad for Canada in the 1980s where he attended St Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He lived there ever since and worked for the Canada football association in various capacities between 2004 and 2012, during which time he lost both competitive meetings with Trinidad and Tobago.

Hart led Canada’s under-17 team twice and its under-20 squad once but failed to qualify for a World Youth Championship. In 2007, the Trinidad and Tobago under-17 team, coached by Anton Corneal and assisted by Charles, defeated Hart’s youth team 2-1 en route to the 2007 World Youth Cup. And, two years later, Zoran Vranes was head coach with Charles as assistant as the young Warriors defeat Hart’s Canada team 1-0 to book a place at the 2009 Under-20 World Cup.

Read More

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:31:15 PM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2013, 02:32:22 PM »
Awww cornmeal still there .oh well. Looks good. Just pay the people please.

Stueps Shabazz yuh aint score a damn goal against Belize or Estonia who ranked lower than us also. And we looked horrible. I cah believe you asking why yuh get demoted.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:34:49 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline calderon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
Breaking News............. Wayne Lawson and Mike Maurice are also back. For what reason? Tell me.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
Stephen Hart is not the coach, at least not as yet, some stuff to be iron out still, he is excited and ready, but wants to iron out some stuff first.

He knows T&T players very well, more than what Shabazz thinks.

What's funny is, I did a piece about both Fenwick and Stuart Charles and said the same thing after Shabazz came onboard and they did not want to hear that- now all of a sudden Shabazz and company singing they praises.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:35:42 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2013, 03:01:03 PM »
What does the director of football do?
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »
Shabazz accepts that the Ministry of Sport allegedly made a verbal commitment to pay their salaries but countered that it was the football body which employed him. He insisted that the new TTFA leadership would lose credibility if it does not ensure its outgoing staff is paid before unveiling highly compensated replacements.

Ironically, Charles, Shabazz and Charles worked without written contracts as the TTFA said there was no money to offer them long term deals. But, after taking the Warriors to its first Gold Cup in six years, Hart will take the team to the tournament with the security of a two-year contract.

“We kept the only bargaining chip available for football alive, which is the national football team,” said Shabazz. “We rolled up our sleeves and went in the filth and in the mud and worked like slaves. And now we cannot even get the wages of indentured labourers? That is not right.

“I spoke with Sheldon Phillips and he seems very amenable and he has shown an inclination for us to work together to ask the Ministry to cover same. But I will not accept someone coming here and making enough money to feed their dog steak while our families have nothing to eat, especially after I left a contract in Guyana and two month’s salary to come and work hard for my country.”
Shabazz like he gearin up fuh a nex coup attempt
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
Stephen Hart is not the coach, at least not as yet, some stuff to be iron out still, he is excited and ready, but wants to iron out some stuff first.

What's funny is, I did a piece about both Fenwick and Stuart Charles and said the same thing after Shabazz came onboard and they did not want to hear that- now all of the time Shabazz and company singing they praises.

I remember there was a couple of videos with Hart talking about some of our present players and some of the youth players as well, he seemed informed. Overall i think this is a positive appointment i hope he stays for the full two years because when he was with Canada he did well promoting youth development in fact i think he was their U20 coach at one point.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz accepts that the Ministry of Sport allegedly made a verbal commitment to pay their salaries but countered that it was the football body which employed him. He insisted that the new TTFA leadership would lose credibility if it does not ensure its outgoing staff is paid before unveiling highly compensated replacements.

Ironically, Charles, Shabazz and Charles worked without written contracts as the TTFA said there was no money to offer them long term deals. But, after taking the Warriors to its first Gold Cup in six years, Hart will take the team to the tournament with the security of a two-year contract.

“We kept the only bargaining chip available for football alive, which is the national football team,” said Shabazz. “We rolled up our sleeves and went in the filth and in the mud and worked like slaves. And now we cannot even get the wages of indentured labourers? That is not right.

“I spoke with Sheldon Phillips and he seems very amenable and he has shown an inclination for us to work together to ask the Ministry to cover same. But I will not accept someone coming here and making enough money to feed their dog steak while our families have nothing to eat, especially after I left a contract in Guyana and two month’s salary to come and work hard for my country.”
Shabazz like he gearin up fuh a nex coup attempt

Hahahaha
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »
It will be very interesting to see what happens with these new developments,in seems local Coaches are not happy,totally agaainst these moves,i think for our national coaching staff to be successful they should have the support of our local Coaches.

The other thing i notice is that Sheldon Phillips does not live in T&T and is running our Football from the US?may be i understood that wrong,i hope the Coaches will not be doing the same,what kind of arangement is this?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2013, 03:17:53 PM »

What's funny is, I did a piece about both Fenwick and Stuart Charles and said the same thing after Shabazz came onboard and they did not want to hear that- now all of the time Shabazz and company singing they praises.

I really dunno what de hell Shabazz talking bout.Everyone know Hart knows the T&T players very well because he has always taken a keen interest.

Nashy

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »
I will play for Stephen Hart, but I cannot stand the idea of Dave Mohammad coming back at all!

That man was a complete waste of time  a total and complete WASTE of God's time!

Players don't want him, staff don't want him.

WHY him????

Look out for text messages aplenty.

Charles is a good man, Shabazz is a fat buffoon.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
well well well ( famous Ruskin Mark quote)

lets play de fitball...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
All great ideas for T&T football start right here.......  :devil:
I will love to suggest that Timkee hire socawarriors forum as his official brain trust...
You will always read about it and have it discussed right here before the football administration make any moves..... :yellowcard:

BIG UP

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »
It will be very interesting to see what happens with these new developments,in seems local Coaches are not happy,totally agaainst these moves,i think for our national coaching staff to be successful they should have the support of our local Coaches.

The other thing i notice is that Sheldon Phillips does not live in T&T and is running our Football from the US?may be i understood that wrong,i hope the Coaches will not be doing the same,what kind of arangement is this?

Sheldon is in T&T. Lasana just writing off the top of his head.

;D

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »

Sheldon is in T&T. Lasana just writing off the top of his head.

;D

Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
Awww cornmeal still there .oh well. Looks good. Just pay the people please.

Stueps Shabazz yuh aint score a damn goal against Belize or Estonia who ranked lower than us also. And we looked horrible. I cah believe you asking why yuh get demoted.

Anton was never going anywhere.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:59:41 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Nashy

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »
Why do some people want to see Anton leave our football?  He is a good guy, and cares a great deal.  He is Anton not Alvin.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »

Sheldon is currently working on getting his residence in Trinidad.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »
All that pain Shabazz feeling and the money he is expecting to be paid
Shabazz check it as community service to your country for the pain and suffering still being felt today,the sour taste is still evident....... :yellowcard:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
I will play for Stephen Hart, but I cannot stand the idea of Dave Mohammad coming back at all!

That man was a complete waste of time  a total and complete WASTE of God's time!

Players don't want him, staff don't want him.

WHY him????

Look out for text messages aplenty.

Charles is a good man, Shabazz is a fat buffoon.

Me too. ...  ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2013, 04:49:44 PM »
What is wrong with the TTFA,JUST GIVE THE ENGLISHMAN THE BLOODY JOB,and let pick some locals to help,we couldn't do much better than that.
Fenwick wont be as effective ,as w3hen he ran Jabloteh ,as all his players are gone now.

Silly talk. Fenwick scouted, recruited and developed those players. Therefore, its reasonable to expect that he has an eye for building a team. In fact, he built two successful teams at Jabloteh. Since joining Central he has improved the game of many players including Marcano and Mitchell who both got national team call ups.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »
All that pain Shabazz feeling and the money he is expecting to be paid
Shabazz check it as community service to your country for the pain and suffering still being felt today,the sour taste is still evident....... :yellowcard:

Whatever your feelings about Shabazz, he did a job and deserves to be paid. It's shocking how TTFA have managed this affair with no regard to the reputations of Shabazz and Charles. Like them or not, they have careers to maintain and this all could have been managed much better. In any industry, of course you have to let people go if you feel they're not performing, but you still have a legal obligation to pay them. In my opinion, TTFA are on very thin ice, as I understand it they had a contract with Shabazz. Doesn't matter if the funds came from elsewhere, Shabazz worked for TTFA and they are obligated to pay the man. 

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »
What is wrong with the TTFA,JUST GIVE THE ENGLISHMAN THE BLOODY JOB,and let pick some locals to help,we couldn't do much better than that.
Fenwick wont be as effective ,as w3hen he ran Jabloteh ,as all his players are gone now.

Silly talk. Fenwick scouted, recruited and developed those players. Therefore, its reasonable to expect that he has an eye for building a team. In fact, he built two successful teams at Jabloteh. Since joining Central he has improved the game of many players including Marcano and Mitchell who both got national team call ups.

Exactly ,he should have been coach years ago ,since his jab days .Not now one month before the cup .be too much for him right now .

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2013, 04:56:54 PM »

Exactly ,he should have been coach years ago ,since his jab days .Not now one month before the cup .be too much for him right now .

I wonder if he would take the job given the history of non payment of wages to Latapy etc.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »
To be honest i would rather see Fenwick as the U17-U20 coach than Senior coach. I would like him to be involved with individuals on a weekly basis because he seems to excel in player development. As the national coach you only get to see players for a week every couple of months. To me he could help T&T football alot more as a youth coach than a senior coach.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2013, 05:49:33 PM »
To be honest i would rather see Fenwick as the U17-U20 coach than Senior coach. I would like him to be involved with individuals on a weekly basis because he seems to excel in player development. As the national coach you only get to see players for a week every couple of months. To me he could help T&T football alot more as a youth coach than a senior coach.

My thoughts exactly.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »
Hart transplant: TTFA hires ex-Canada coach… locals still unpaid

Phillips, who was appointed as general secretary last month, resides in the United States and travels here intermittently to oversee important TTFA matters in person. It is uncertain whether he intends to relocate to Trinidad or if he hopes to conduct the business of local football through phone calls and Skype.

In addition to writing headlines as though is National Enquirer he writing for, Lasana needs to try and be a bit more professional and stop throwing shade all de time.  Is never a good look for a man to be carrying on mauvais langue like dat.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2013, 06:20:25 PM »
Hart transplant: TTFA hires ex-Canada coach… locals still unpaid

In addition to writing headlines as though is National Enquirer he writing for, Lasana needs to try and be a bit more professional and stop throwing shade all de time.  Is never a good look for a man to be carrying on mauvais langue like dat.
Hear big word nah!!     :rotfl: :rotfl:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »
Hear big word nah!!     :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nah it only spell like ah big word man  :D

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2013, 07:19:52 PM »
These idiots shouldda never coach without contract...they should be paid though..
Lincoln Phillips, Sheldon Phillips, Tim Kee, Corneal, Hart, Beenhakker...lawd..look how hard we striving fuh mediocrity in Trinidad football..from Shabazz to Hart...1pt in de GC

1]; } ?>