April 18, 2024, 10:38:40 PM

Author Topic: All for $10 including VAT  (Read 1798 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
All for $10 including VAT
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:26 AM »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: All for $10 including VAT
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
Big line up for small money :o

Entertainment inflation in T&T gorne up 5000% since dat flyer print

y'know how long me eh see or hear de name stork st.hill?...ah real showing mih cobwebs on da one
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 11:02:18 AM »

y'know how long me eh see or hear de name stork st.hill?...ah real showing mih cobwebs on da one

Yeah, I now coming to say that is a big line up fuh real.  That "Princess Natasha" little gyul... ent dat is Sparrow daughter... the one who sing "Jambolassie" (Jabmolassie) with Machel?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pk8JxTNjH9k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pk8JxTNjH9k</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »
Never mind... just reading that the Jabmolassie singer is Natasha Babwah.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »

You know tings wasn't economically good in 1990 (~ coup etc.) so the calypsonians HAD to figure out how to make it. We know all ah dem tunes and musicians not b/c there was any less American or Jamaican music. Now is only bawl for a subsidy from gov't. Check the quality of the music too. now they want to force the radio stations to play dem. One thing about the private industry is that only the people who truly believe enough in themselves (after putting in all the necessary hard work) will be willing to bet on themselves, resulting in a quality product. Nowadays they wan't gov't to bet on them when they ent even betting on themselves.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
some of them fellas i ent have no idea who they are...jayson, eagle?   also what hit song did cardinal have that year...socapro help me out nah

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
some of them fellas i ent have no idea who they are...jayson, eagle?   also what hit song did cardinal have that year...socapro help me out nah
Wasn't in T&T for 1990 Carnival so can't really remember what all them fellas sing!
Tambu did win the road march that year though with "We Ain't Going Home" and it was before the attempted "Coup" after which the music changed and the "Jump & Wave" soca style came in.
Shadow also had some very hot tunes in 1990 I believe.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>