March 28, 2024, 01:25:36 PM

Author Topic: Radanfah Abu Bakr thread  (Read 22282 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Radanfah Abu Bakr thread
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »
What is the verdict re Abu as Center Back. I guess his height is an advantage, especially from Corners.
 What sayest forumites about his performance on Monday. Has he cemented his place against Mexico.
 I am just looking for an honest opinion, I cant help think of Lawrence , when I see him play.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:55:12 AM by Flex »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Abu Bakr thread
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »
What is the verdict re Abu as Center Back. I guess his height is an advantage, especially from Corners.
 What sayest forumites about his performance on Monday. Has he cemented his place against Mexico.
 I am just looking for an honest opinion, I cant help think of Lawrence , when I see him play.

Nah tallest was more mobile and read the game better.  Duff has improved a bit though, he looking a bit more defensively aware than he has in the past.  His problem is his speed or lack thereof.  I would prever Mitchell and Power in the middle but if it ha to be Duff den pray nah!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:09:01 AM »
He had one or two lapses in concentration, but overall he had a solid game. He can better compensate for his lack of speed with better positional awareness. Once this improvement is made, I think he can be counted on in the regular rotation of center backs.
In the past, I recall people ridiculed Dennis Lawerence for his lack of speed, but eventually he turned out to be a mainstay for the national team. :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »
When you have no speed positioning is key
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fredej

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »
going and try not to be bias here. he is a strong, tall and more physical defender in our squad, he also doesn't try and be to fancy at the back, he plays with determination and i think the back 4 from the Honduras game played well together and was our best game defensively since the tournament. however i must admit it is hard for him to play ahead of powers who has bin strong consistently for T&T and has allot of experience but i think if selected ahead of powers supporters should be understanding

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 06:25:10 PM »
shithound!!... in a word
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
shithound!!... in a word

Regarding constructive criticism: You Could have used a better word to describe the player while he currently representing the country at an international tournament. He don the RED,WHITE & BLACK bro...

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:30:10 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
good in the air but lacks speed and good positioning..several times he lost his player resulting in scoring chance for honduras. he is not starter material for us.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 09:48:03 PM »
What about that lapse in concentration when he dummy our whole defense and let the Honduran in? 
Mexico buryin dat with their eyes closed.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 06:45:40 AM »
I actually think he is a pretty decent player but like many can see his clear lack of pace is an issue. A lack of pace against pacy & skillful attackers can make the most technically gifted defenders look error prone and amaturish.

Like others have highlighted, improving his posistional awareness and reading of the game will help compensate for the lack of pace but against in-form opponents (unless yuh is Bekenbauer) even that might not be enough. Have a look at Man Utd against Barcelona in 1994; even with the hallowed Bruce and Pallister at the back, Romario, Stoickov et al rip them tuh shreads in that game. They were a great partnership, quality defenders and read the game extremely well but were not known for Des Walker like speed. Barcelona exploited that.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 07:01:49 AM »
Ronald Koeman was a very good defender back in the day.  He used to play sweeper for Barca, Holland etc

He was EXTREMELY slow but he could pass the ball like few others.  His positional play was very good as well.

The point is....Abu Bakr may be slow....but he brings other things to the table and in the right system could flourish.

He certainly passes the ball a whole lot better than my boy Power.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 07:08:18 AM »
Ronald Koeman was a very good defender back in the day.  He used to play sweeper for Barca, Holland etc

He was EXTREMELY slow but he could pass the ball like few others.  His positional play was very good as well.

The point is....Abu Bakr may be slow....but he brings other things to the table and in the right system could flourish.

Agreed totally. That said , as a long time critic of Power he actually a much better player now than when he was first introduced to national setup. I feel much more comfortable overall with 'Duff' as we called him at QRC than Seon. To me his lack of speed shouldn't be as much of a factor as our tendency to give opponents too much space in the first place.

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 07:17:54 AM »
Plays with much more inteligence than Power. I prefer him.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 07:22:47 AM »
Agreed totally. That said , as a long time critic of Power he actually a much better player now than when he was first introduced to national setup. I feel much more comfortable overall with 'Duff' as we called him at QRC than Seon. To me his lack of speed shouldn't be as much of a factor as our tendency to give opponents too much space in the first place.

Doh get me wrong.  I still think the pairing of Power & Mitchell is the better pairing and while it's true that Power is an improved player, he ALWAYS gave you blood in his shoes every game.  He's quick, fearless in the tackle, and is a good foil for the more "cerebral" Mitchell IMO.

Abu Bakr for me has a tendency to play too deep...possibly because he is aware of his lack of speed and doesn't want to be caught out.  But that puts a lot of pressure on the defence so he needs to watch that.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 07:26:58 AM »

Don't get me wrong either, in the context of T&T as a 'Team' I am not saying he is the key problem with the side, far from it. It would be stupid to do so considering the MNT has almost always struggled with getting things right on the defensive side of the game; regardless of standard of defenders we have used.

Just commenting on him as an individual player and the issues he is bound to face. Of course he can compensate an overcome. And if the side continue to work for each other and improve he is bound to perform better as well.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 07:36:13 AM »

very true about ronald koeman but come nah man how yuh will compare abu bakr to koeman.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 09:15:02 AM »
shithound!!... in a word

Regarding constructive criticism: You Could have used a better word to describe the player while he currently representing the country at an international tournament. He don the RED,WHITE & BLACK bro...

Point taken. I wish you were here when forumites were lambasting our highest ever goal scorer, master Stern John. Anyway you are correct.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 09:17:14 AM »

Doh get me wrong.  I still think the pairing of Power & Mitchell is the better pairing and while it's true that Power is an improved player, he ALWAYS gave you blood in his shoes every game.  He's quick, fearless in the tackle, and is a good foil for the more "cerebral" Mitchell IMO.

Abu Bakr for me has a tendency to play too deep...possibly because he is aware of his lack of speed and doesn't want to be caught out.  But that puts a lot of pressure on the defence so he needs to watch that.
Very true

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 10:24:08 AM »
shithound!!... in a word

Point taken. I wish you were here when forumites were lambasting our highest ever goal scorer, master Stern John. Anyway you are correct.

Even though my registration show 2005/2008:Just in case fyi I have been around on this site approx. since 1997 before most of the guys on here including yourself so im not a wagonist and yes i do know how forumites treated SJ and that to was disrespectful. S J is a legend in T&T Football btw, leh we stick to da thread topic. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:41:28 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »
shithound!!... in a word

Even though my registration show 2005/2008:Just in case fyi I have been around on this site approx. since 1997 before most of the guys on here including yourself so im not a wagonist and yes i do know how forumites treated SJ and that to was disrespectful. S J is a legend in T&T Football btw, leh we stick to da thread topic. 

Pointman...I cyah believe yuh fail to recognize de man. Yuh know yuh is ah legend on this site if an award was named after you...If yuh eh know, ask somebody.... ;)
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »
shithound!!... in a word

Pointman...I cyah believe yuh fail to recognize de man. Yuh know yuh is ah legend on this site if an award was named after you...If yuh eh know, ask somebody.... ;)

Jezzan-ages! Yeah.. we know that already. stick to da Abu thread nah.. ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:10:43 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 01:07:20 PM »
What about that lapse in concentration when he dummy our whole defense and let the Honduran in? 
Mexico buryin dat with their eyes closed.

Ah trying to keep it positive eh...but as ah big time 'dummier' myself, that's exactly what I thought when ah see dat play..."oh dummy boy", he'll be alright though he had to get that out his system:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »
Aboobuca could be a real good player. I don't think playing in Kazakhstan is going to help him improve....if he were playing in the championship or league1 or even the MLS where the emphasis of the game is on speed it would help make him more tactically astute as it would force him to compensate for his lack of speed.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
Aboobuca could be a real good player. I don't think playing in Kazakhstan is going to help him improve....if he were playing in the championship or league1 or even the MLS where the emphasis of the game is on speed it would help make him more tactically astute as it would force him to compensate for his lack of speed.
The level of football in Kazakhstan could be really good. What evidence do u have that proves MLS, Championship or League 1 is better?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
The level of football in Kazakhstan could be really good. What evidence do u have that proves MLS, Championship or League 1 is better?
C'mon yuh really want to go down dat road????

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »

And the moon could be made of cheese! I'm not saying there isn't talent in Kazi, but the league is still developing. I would bet on a Pro League team beating a team from Kazi.

To change the subject, does anyone else think that Abu Bakr looks like Dexter Skeene's long lost son?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 07:30:44 PM »
Abu Bakr put in a good ah shift tonight. Actually the whole defense look decent. Cyrus was cool under pressure. Got me worried at times though
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 04:06:04 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dowvx0kIA6Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Dowvx0kIA6Y</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »
WOW Didn't know he could handle his stories good so . . . good stuff.

Thanks for posting
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »
WOW Didn't know he could handle his stories good so . . . good stuff.

Yeh man, he have forms, is just dat he slow and sometimes his concentration does lapse. He needs to improve his reading of the game and his positional awareness to compensate for his lack of speed.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>