April 25, 2024, 07:15:44 PM

Author Topic: Andre Boucaud out to impress  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Boucaud out to impress
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:26:47 AM »
Nottingham Post

MAGPIES star Andre Boucaud says a summer representing Trinidad and Tobago in the Gold Cup was perfect preparation for the coming season.

The Notts midfielder has returned to a revamped dressing room with increased competition for places, but believes his time in the USA will stand him in good stead ahead of the League One campaign.

And Boucaud – who starred as Trinidad and Tobago reached the quarter finals of the competition, before being defeated by Mexico – is confident he can displace his new rivals in the side.

"It feels great to be back and I'm trying to work hard to get back into the team," he said.

"We've a lot of people in my position – you've got to work hard and if you don't do well someone else comes in.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Boucaud out to impress
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »
Nottingham Post

MAGPIES star Andre Boucaud says a summer representing Trinidad and Tobago in the Gold Cup was perfect preparation for the coming season.

The Notts midfielder has returned to a revamped dressing room with increased competition for places, but believes his time in the USA will stand him in good stead ahead of the League One campaign.

And Boucaud – who starred as Trinidad and Tobago reached the quarter finals of the competition, before being defeated by Mexico – is confident he can displace his new rivals in the side.

"It feels great to be back and I'm trying to work hard to get back into the team," he said.

"We've a lot of people in my position – you've got to work hard and if you don't do well someone else comes in.

Read More...

Birchall,Boucaud different perspectives,one talking about retiring the other talking about the excitement of the tournament . it's all about playing time.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »
Nottingham Post

Read More...

Birchall,Boucaud different perspectives,one talking about retiring the other talking about the excitement of the tournament . it's all about playing time.
:beermug: :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It's a surprise Andre Boucaud has slipped down the pecking order
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 05:51:49 AM »
It's a surprise Andre Boucaud has slipped down the pecking order
Nottingham Post

One of the biggest surprises of the season so far at Notts County is that Andre Boucaud has slipped down the pecking order.

The 28-year-old midfielder was one of the Magpies' best players throughout last season. There were a few eyebrows raised when he was signed on loan from non-league Luton Town.

A lot of people didn't think he would handle the step-up in class to League One, but he went onto become a key player in midfielder, earning lots of plaudits and a long-term permanent contract at Meadow Lane.

He made the Magpies tick with his passing from central midfield. And he was so good he was picked for Trinidad & Tobago for the CONCACAF Gold Cup this summer and helped them reach the quarter-finals of the tournament.

He missed most of pre-season at Notts because he was in international duty in America, but he still looked certain to come back and pick up where he left off at Meadow Lane and he started their opening league game at Sheffield United.

But he has been on the subs' bench in their last three games, against Fleetwood Town, his old club Peterborough and Walsall, with Joss Labadie and Mark Fotheringham preferred in central midfield, and it is unclear if he will earn a recall against Stevenage.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 06:09:08 AM »
Ah find international clubs tend to punish players for going on international duty in one form or the other. They know because of FIFA rules they can't stop them but they make players feel the consequences whether by words or actions. Either by benching them, implying they not fit because they miss preseason training, or criticizing the standard of the national team or tournament in which we played. Real psychological warfare going on!  >:( ... In response some of our players make stupid statements like Carlos in order to prove their loyalty.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 06:25:32 AM »
Ah find international clubs tend to punish players for going on international duty in one form or the other. They know because of FIFA rules they can't stop them but they make players feel the consequences whether by words or actions. Either by benching them, implying they not fit because they miss preseason training, or criticizing the standard of the national team or tournament in which we played. Real psychological warfare going on!  >:( ... In response some of our players make stupid statements like Carlos in order to prove their loyalty.

Nope, in this case I think he lost his place based on performance and now can't get back in as Kiwomya thinks Fotheringham and Labadie are playing better.

Saw the Sheffield game and IMHO Boucaud was competent for the first 60 but was pretty poor in the last half hour; quite a few errant passes, hustled of the ball a few times, lost some 50/50 challeges and was slow to react to some sheffield breaks. All this when county were a man down and under a lot of pressure. I thought he was lucky to stay on especially late on when they were chasing the game and think it was more because as they were a man down with Kiwomya wanting to pack the midfield. Didn't work and looks like Boucaud has paid the price.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »
Derry said the Magpies have set themselves new standards, and singled midfielder Andre Boucaud out for special praise.

"I've never seen Boucaud play like that, he needs to go and replicate those performances every week because the lad really has ability," said Derry.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25407768

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »
One of the stand out players for the national team. I've never seen him play club football but wonder how come he's never been able to play a a higher level in the club ranks.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »
One of the stand out players for the national team. I've never seen him play club football but wonder how come he's never been able to play a a higher level in the club ranks.

Arsenal was interested in him in the early days. He's also played for Premier League managers Alan Pardew and Paul Lambert. Managers have always lauded his abilities, but from time to time I've seen them complain about his lack of consistency.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »
I eh vex though, once he remains fit he should continuously be available for national team duty
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 04:42:15 AM »
BIG player !!! our best foreign born ever with Birchall coming second and Ronnie Mauge third.

Shabaaz wouldn't still have Theobald running and Boucaud never getting pick again.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>