April 24, 2024, 12:57:33 AM

Author Topic: Warner disappointed with Government’s halfway meet.  (Read 5873 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner disappointed with Government’s halfway meet.
« on: November 04, 2005, 03:08:20 PM »
Warner disappointed with Government’s halfway meet.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner has expressed disappointment over Government’s Decision to grant $6 million to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation for campaign to get to the next World Cup in Germany.
Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Roger Boynes announced at Thursday’s cabinet briefing that after considering the original request of $13,993.00, the Government was prepared to meet some of it.
But Warner said he would not allow this to have any effect on the week leading up to the home leg against Bahrain at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Saturday.
“I am in fact disappointed with that the Government has decided to give as a reply to our request but I will say more about this after November 16. For the time being all emphasis must be placed on these two games we have ahead of us,” Warner said.
He added that the Government had agreed to meet the request and had he known they would have then decided upon half of it, the decision to raise the ticket prices for November 12 to $300 and $150 would not have been withdrawn.
“They had agreed to meet this request and had we known this would have been the outcome we would have definitely gone through with raising the prices,” Warner said.
He also made it clear that the charter to Bahrain is costing close to $6.5 million and as such the monies being provided by the Government is in a sense already used up. He credited TSTT for purchasing 50 seats on the charter.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 03:21:52 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Warner disappointed with Government’s halfway meet.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 03:11:14 PM »
i just have ah feeling that it have another side to this story :thinking:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 03:19:37 PM »

Here we go again.  Sensationalism!!

Much bigups though, to the money factory for making it possible to view the game in North America.  Even if we were asked to donate..I am sure that many of us would have contributed to making this viewing occasion happen.

The dream lives on!

Luv U T&T!

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 04:08:29 PM »
When I talk facts people get angry.  Didnt I tell you this was going to happen?  When I gave my prediction about this people attacked me and said that all what I say is bull.  Have an open mind to other peoples thoughts it might open up a new view on things for you guys.  I accept your views on Bahrain and would fix any misunderstandings or provide missing info if needed. Its good for you to be informed.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 04:20:16 PM »
When I talk facts people get angry.  Didnt I tell you this was going to happen?  When I gave my prediction about this people attacked me and said that all what I say is bull.  Have an open mind to other peoples thoughts it might open up a new view on things for you guys.  I accept your views on Bahrain and would fix any misunderstandings or provide missing info if needed. Its good for you to be informed.

Hey Flex I think we need to "Bah Single Bullerman" from this site yuh know! Is like bull is constantly on his mind and is only bull we hearing from him 99% of the time!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 04:23:20 PM »
i just have ah feeling that it have another side to this story :thinking:

Yuh damn right...as usual Warner is giving forth selective info. ..this is why some ppl get fed up with him.

The Govt. has donated half the costs. Corporate TT should also step forward and they have done so at the urging of the Sports Minister.

They will continue to donate more after we beat Bah.

Also does this 6 mill. include the fact that they paid the cost for the last two and for the next two games at the stad....a little less than 800 000 dollars in total.

We were told that that Govt. is subsidising the cost of tickets...was this taken into consideration.

I sympathise with Jack, it's been a long road financially...but Corp. TT must shoulder some of the costs too.

How much money did theymake on the last wc qualifier vs. Mex. It was a sold out stadium.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 04:29:21 PM »
VB get up-to-d-time nah man?!
Yuh sign-out should now be POUND BAHRAIN WOMEN POONANNY!!! not "POUND PANAMA POONANNY!!!"   ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 04:45:18 PM »
What do you know about Trinidad to be telling anybody here.

Take your cutass and leave nah
TnT Patriot

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 04:47:22 PM »
Answer: TRACK RECORD

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 04:53:51 PM »
Answer: TRACK RECORD

Question
What do you know about Trinidad's track record?
TnT Patriot

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 04:55:53 PM »
Answer: On football?  Warner is the DADY of TRINI FOOTBALL.  Govt dont bother themselves with the team.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 05:03:24 PM »
Answer: On football?  Warner is the DADY of TRINI FOOTBALL.  Govt dont bother themselves with the team.
You now start to hear about trinidad you feel like you could speak with authority.

You fass and out of place!

Nobody here tries to present themselves as some source of knowledge on Bah football, mostly because we don't care but, also because you can't be a  Johnny come lately and try to to pass yourself off as an expert.

It's rude.

TnT Patriot

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 05:25:39 PM »
 :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 07:05:51 PM »
Where is the Bahrain football forum?

Do u have one?
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>