March 28, 2024, 05:24:07 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs New Zealand Game (15-Oct-2013).  (Read 28776 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs New Zealand Game (15-Oct-2013).
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 05:49:52 AM »
I see the TTFA has teamed up with Winer Boy Entertainment to organize an All-Inclusive section at de game for $200/tkt.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 05:52:50 AM »
The timing for this all-inclusive thing may be all wrong.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warrior Nation giant flag for New Zealand game?
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 06:24:54 AM »
There as always. Have no probs bringing in the flag. Should have a crew with me in uncovered so would be easy. Who currently has it?
Can go early and have it set up for when more people arrive. 18 yard line movietowne side as always?

Organic trying to got it right now, so link him and organize.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 09:57:39 AM »
Ill be there
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »
Where we meeting up guys?

I want piece of the action.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2013, 02:28:37 PM »
There as always. Have no probs bringing in the flag. Should have a crew with me in uncovered so would be easy. Who currently has it?
Can go early and have it set up for when more people arrive. 18 yard line movietowne side as always?

Organic trying to got it right now, so link him and organize.
Cool..Sando I just tend to come early and sip a few in the stadium itself..18 yard movietowne side uncovered
Back in Trini...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2013, 06:40:21 AM »
Thank you NYtriniwhiteboy.. ..

I will be there and look out for you.

I will wear my Yorke shirt.

And if you have any extra lady friends who wants to mingle, bring them too.  ;D

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »
anybody hear bout parking arrangements and thing? i eh want to get towed
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »

would be interested in this info too .............I ah convince mih brother to drive up...I want to make sure it have no trouble like dat we from south...so gettin towed goh be more headache
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs New Zealand Game (15-Oct-2013).
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »

would be interested in this info too .............I ah convince mih brother to drive up...I want to make sure it have no trouble like dat we from south...so gettin towed goh be more headache

You lucky I salting for transportation.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 04:06:18 PM »

You lucky I salting for transportation.

'I' should be 'If' we still in d delicate stages of negotiations :D .........he doing "oil labour" dese days so is hot sun and heavy liftin right tru....he might be bun at work :(
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football against New Zealand, really?
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2013, 05:29:29 AM »
As far as I can recall, T&T has never played a football match against New Zealand. But not if one is to believe the ticker on a popular local TV station. According to the caption, it seems that we have played them so many times that coach Hart is “weary of New Zealand.”

Of course, since we are in a rebuilding phase, Hart is obviously wary of facing a strong New Zealand side.

Noel Kalicharan

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2013, 06:23:58 AM »
So lunchtime yesterday I took a stroll from the office to Kenny's on Chacon Street. I requested to purchase a couple tickets for the Akeem Adam's section, in order to support this worthy cause. However, I asked the lady a question, "Where exactly in the stadium is the Akeem Adam's section? (covered?, uncovered?, if uncovered where exactly... half-way line?... will it be sectioned off?). Her terse response was, "I doh know. I just selling tickets." I also was under the impression from one of the reports on this site that these ticket holders would get a support jersey to wear. Maybe I'm wrong. But anyway can anyone answer my first question? By the way I bought the tickets nevertheless, I was just hoping that clearer information could be disseminated...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs New Zealand Game (15-Oct-2013).
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2013, 06:53:56 AM »
So lunchtime yesterday I took a stroll from the office to Kenny's on Chacon Street. I requested to purchase a couple tickets for the Akeem Adam's section, in order to support this worthy cause. However, I asked the lady a question, "Where exactly in the stadium is the Akeem Adam's section? (covered?, uncovered?, if uncovered where exactly... half-way line?... will it be sectioned off?). Her terse response was, "I doh know. I just selling tickets." I also was under the impression from one of the reports on this site that these ticket holders would get a support jersey to wear. Maybe I'm wrong. But anyway can anyone answer my first question? By the way I bought the tickets nevertheless, I was just hoping that clearer information could be disseminated...

You night get them Jersey before you enter the section in the stands. Only TTFA can answer where the section is
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 07:27:41 AM »
So where else u cud get tickets besides kenny's? can it be bought on game day at the stadium?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2013, 07:36:02 AM »

The special section is in uncovered. Not sure where.

There will be a special commemorative section for Adams in the uncovered stands for $125

T-shirts on sale separately. Regular uncovered is $75. The extra $50 going directly to the Akeem fund. I would hope the section is in the exact half line
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2013, 04:17:35 PM »
CNC3 bringing it delayed at 10pm

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qByB84qswQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5qByB84qswQ</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2013, 09:44:53 PM »
CNC3 bringing it delayed at 10pm

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qByB84qswQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5qByB84qswQ</a>

and they still talkin bout exclusive coverage - 2 hours later!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2013, 03:00:04 AM »
Hyland, Boucaud eager to play.
T&T Express Reports.

Racing Genk midfielder Khaleem Hyland, who played alongside ailing T&T defender Akeem Adams at the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt, says the defender's situation has left him and his teammates with a lot to think about.

“It’s frightening to see what has happened to him. We’re all footballers and we are in the environment that he was in every day. I was happy to hear when he joined the European ranks as another player from Trinidad and Tobago but what has happened is very sad. We’re all hoping he pulls through.

As players and individual we are shocked but it’s a wake up call as well because you realise that one moment you can be up and about and next moment something like this can set you back,” Hyland said.

And England-born midfielder Andre Boucaud, scorer of  T&T’s third goal in the 3-1 win over Saudi Arabia last month, was upbeat ahead of Tuesday’s friendly international against New Zealand, eager to play again in front of the T&T fans.

Oceana FIFA 2014 World Cup group winners New Zealand is using the match against Trinidad and Tobago as warm-up for a November playoff in which they will tackle the fourth-placed CONCACAF qualifier for a spot in the 2014 Brazil World Cup. T&T play New Zealand from 7.15 p.m. on Tuesday at Hasely Crawford Stadium. Boucaud has appeared in national colours only once before at that venue in a 2006 World Cup qualifier against Mexico in 2004.

“I remember that game because it was my first game in Trinidad and I’ve been excited about playing here again. I think Tuesday’s is going to be pretty special and obviously all the guys are up for the game. We want to give the pubic a good match and hopefully everyone can join in the effort to support local football and also Akeem Adams and his family during these tough times,” Boucaud told TTFA Media.

Meanwhile, New Zealand are due in tomorrow night and will train from 7 p.m. on Monday at Hasely Crawford Stadium, an hour after T&T runs out at the match venue.

The “All Whites” are in camp in Los Angeles and will play against Los Angeles club Chivas USA on Sunday, before jetting off to Port of Spain later that night.

Tickets for Tuesday's match are available at all Kenny’s Sports Shops, More Vino Woodbrook and San Fernando; All Out Sports Bar, Queen's Park Oval; Law 5 Sports Bar and Ramsingh’s Sportworld in Chaguanas; The Fan Club Movietowne PoS and Gulf City, Tobago FA Office, Fairfield Complex in Scarborough.

Tickets are priced at $100 (Covered), $75 (uncovered) and $125 (Akeem Adams Section). The TTFA is also introducing a new “Warrior Posse" drinks and snacks inclusive stand, for which there are limited tickets available at $200.

Fans wanting to be part of the Warrior Posse can access tickets at All Out Sports Bar, Queen’s Park Oval Lollabee Cellular (West Mall) and Simply Runway (Grand Bazaar) or contact 688-9819 for Central.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2013, 03:12:58 AM »
Birthday boy David prays for friend’s recovery.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Soca Warriors defender Aubrey David celebrated his 23rd birthday yesterday, but his wishes had nothing to do with him. Instead the former national youth player offered prayers for his longtime teammate Akeem Adams of Hungarian club Ferencvarosi who continues to fight for his life after suffering a massive heart attack two weeks ago.

David of Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA was with the rest of the Soca Warriors at their live-in camp at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel where they are based ahead of Tuesday’s friendly International against New Zealand at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The match is being fully supported by the Ministry of Sport and the Sportt Company and will also see contributions being made towards the “Heart of a Warrior” fund from the sale of specially priced $125 tickets. Adams suffered a massive heart attack on September 25 and has since been fitted with a mechanical heart and is awaiting a heart transplant.

He is in the ICU of Varosmajori Heart Clinic in Hungary, where he has so far undergone four surgeries, including the amputation of his lower left leg, after he developed necrosis in the limb due to difficulties with blood circulation in his extremities.

Speaking ahead of the team’s second afternoon training session in two days at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar, David, who also represented Guyana in the past, said he was wishing every day that he will be able to see Adams again here in T&T. “Everyday I pray to the Almighty that he can cure Akeem and send him home to us again,” David said.

“My wish today was for him to be healed and that God continues to look over him and his family. My second wish is that the country shows support for the cause and rally behind the team for Tuesday’s match and the other matches to come.”

With regard to the team, David, who was born in Guyana but played at the Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups alongside Adams for T&T said: “I think we’ve settled into a nice system under coach Stephen Hart and the players are very eager to play and represent the Red, White and Black.  “This is about us as a country wanting to turn things around.

We are working hard everyday, we are getting support from the Association but this thing needs the entire country behind it. “If you look at the countries who are succeeding on the international stage...it’s taking the efforts of a lot of partners in order for them to reach where they are,” David said.

For yesterday’s session, Hart who led the T&T team to a quarterfinal showing at the Concacaf Gold Cup earlier this year was expected to have his full complement of 22 players after the arrival of San Jose Earthquakes winger Cordell Cato and Vancouver Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell, who joined the camp after taking part in their club’s US Major League Soccer wins on Wednesday night.

On Thursday, during an intense session at the same venue, Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau and un-capped Central FC, teenager, Rundell expressed their hope that Adams will overcome his situation and vowed to give their all for a win against the Kiwis in his honour.

The hard tackling Bateau, who played alongside Adams as members of the national Under-17 and Under-20 squads at two FIFA World Cups said he was happy to be wearing the national colours once more, especially in a match that means so much to him personally.

He said, “For me this match against New Zealand is much more than a friendly, and we have to give our all and win for our team-mate Akeem.”

Looking ahead to the match, the 22-year-old Bateau who joined the European club after playing locally for San Juan Jabloteh and then North East Stars and has made three appearances for the senior squad said he hopes that all of T&T comes out and show their support not just for the Soca Warriors, but more importantly for Adams and his family.

The New Zealand squad is expected to arrive in T&T tomorrow night and will train at the match venue on Monday ahead of Tuesday’s encounter which kicks off at 7.15 pm.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2013, 07:44:21 AM »
"Sorry sweetheart/hon/boss/ I doh know where the section is nah, dey just ha me selling tickets here yes, but yuh know I better try and fine out in case somebody else ask meh:)"

Ahh, if only it could this way :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2013, 12:55:45 PM »
feel i will go try and take in the training sessions on monday
Back in Trini...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
So is there any confirmed live/streaming internet video coverage?

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2013, 09:20:29 PM »
Huge Mexican interest in All Whites training match

nzfootball.co.nz

October 13, 2013

LOS ANGELES – The All Whites have drawn their second training match on tour with a goalless stalemate against Chivas USA as New Zealand prepare for their international with Trinidad and Tobago next week.

The match was played in scorching conditions at the home of the MLS franchise before a large gallery of interested Mexican media following their 2-1 win over Panama the night before.

All Whites coach Ricki Herbert, who viewed the qualifying match in live at the Estadio Azteca, was once again pleased with the application of his charges.

“It was good to take another step up today, this time against MLS opposition as we build up to the match with Trinidad and Tobago on Tuesday.” 

“We wanted to use the exercise as an opportunity to try some tactical variations we might employ during the away leg in November,” said Herbert.

New Zealand once again deployed the defensive trio of captain Winston Reid, Andrew Durante and Tommy Smith, while Tamati Williams was given an opportunity between the posts with incumbent custodian Glen Moss rested with a foot injury.

“We had a few injuries today which provided an opportunity for others to stand up,” said Herbert.

Rory Fallon led the front line with Jeremy Brockie and Kosta Barbarouses flanking him and the front three linked well throughout the match.

Chivas USA squandered the opportunity to break the deadlock when they blasted a second half penalty over the bar, while Fallon went closest for the All Whites when his powerful header was well saved by the opposition ‘keeper.

The All Whites will then jet out for Port of Spain and the clash with the 85th ranked Soca Warriors in Port of Spain on October 15 with Herbert excited by the prospect.

“We’ve got a lot of respect for Trinidad and Tobago, we saw them in Saudi Arabia last month and they’re a very good side.  More importantly, it’s CONCACAF opposition on their home soil and we’ll be able to see how we go travelling in a couple days before the match.”

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2013, 01:09:41 AM »
A friendly against Panama after they beat New Zealand, could be good for TnT.  Build build build!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2013, 05:13:52 AM »
New Zealand here for showdown with T&T.
T&T Express Reports.

New Zealand’s national senior team footballers were scheduled to arrive in Trinidad and Tobago last night, from Houston, USA, for tomorrow’s friendly international against T&T at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

The All Whites drew their final training fixture before tomorrow’s encounter, playing to a 0-0 draw with American MLS club Chivas USA on Saturday.

According to New Zealand press officer Seamus Marten, the visitors are eagerly anticipating the showdown with the Soca Warriors, and are also aware of the significance of the game following Akeem Adams’ heart attack.

“We’re all set for our first trip to Trinidad and Tobago and the match itself has a lot of significance, not just for us in preparing for the World Cup play-off but also for Trinidad and Tobago and Akeem Adams. We were very sorry to hear of his circumstances,” Marten said.

New Zealand head coach Ricki Herbert added: “We’ve got a lot of respect for Trinidad and Tobago, we saw them in Saudi Arabia last month and they’re a very good side. More importantly, it’s CONCACAF opposition on their home soil, and we’ll be able to see how we go travelling in a couple days before the match.”

The 0-0 draw with Chivas was witnessed by a huge Mexican contingent, and there have been requests for media accreditation from Mexican journalists for tomorrow’s game, which kicks off at 7.15 p.m.

Herbert was at the Azteca on Friday night to witness Mexico’s 2-1 victory over Panama. 

“[Mexico] are obviously a quality side and you could argue, player for player, they are still the best team in CONCACAF despite their recent run,” Herbert told the Herald on Sunday. “We already knew how hard it was going to be, but coming here you can see they take their support to another level. The volume of people, not just inside the ground–there were thousands more outside and all around the stadium–was incredible.”

New Zealand, the Oceania World Cup qualifying winners, will play the fourth-placed CONCACAF team in a home-and-away play-off. The winners will qualify for the 2014 World Cup Finals, in Brazil.

The New Zealand national team home kit is: white jersey, white shorts, white socks. The away kit is: black jersey, black shorts, black socks.

They play in an all-white strip rather than the traditional New Zealand black due to a former FIFA regulation that reserved black for referees. The silver fern, a symbol of New Zealand, appears on the national team’s kit.

The T&T team will have their final training session at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar this evening.

Before that, T&T head coach Stephen Hart will join Herbert for a press conference at the Trotter’s Sports Bar in Port of Spain at 12.30 this afternoon.

Hart described Saturday’s training session at Malabar as extremely intense as players tried to stake a claim for a spot in tomorrow’s starting eleven.

“The session was very competitive and it’s great for us. You can see the intensity and the willingness to work hard throughout which is what we want from the players. Despite this being a friendly, the players realise it’s an important preparation game for us because, again, we are building for the 2018 World Cup campaign,” Hart said.

Striker Willis Plaza, back home from a stint in Vietnam, is hoping to execute well again tomorrow, following his two lively performances against United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia in Riyadh last month. Plaza scored with his first touch after coming off the bench against the UAE, helping T&T to recover from a 3-0 deficit before losing on penalties.

“It’s time again for us to show our business on the field. I believe this is a good team we have now. All the players are skillful, talented and working hard. I want to see us do well and I will try to do my part to help the team at every moment,” Plaza said.

“New Zealand, I think, will be a tough side because they want to win also, but we have to do it for our fans. I am sure they want to see us play good football and win the game on Tuesday.”

The T&T team trained yesterday at the Crawford Stadium.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2013, 11:09:30 AM »
They may be allowing parking inside the stadium. I supposed to get confirmation this afternoon. Said it will probably be 20$
Back in Trini...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »
New Zealand arrives in T&T
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxzVFdwaBE8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YxzVFdwaBE8</a>

Jones looks ahead to Friendly outing with New Zealand
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/22rS-eA4_sI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/22rS-eA4_sI</a>

T&T vs New Zealand: The Build Up
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwOWNKNx4Tw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PwOWNKNx4Tw</a>

T&T vs New Zealand audio ad
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa3efTxnbSM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa3efTxnbSM</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »
Williams
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Mitchell
Hoyte
Hector
Hyland
Molino
Boucaud
Peltier
Jones

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2013, 01:51:49 PM »
What are the ticket locations ?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>