March 28, 2024, 04:51:47 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report - T&T vs JA  (Read 9745 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Report - T&T vs JA
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:21:50 PM »
Dear Forumites,

It’s been a while since I attended a T&T game, but tonight I was pleased with what transpired on the field. We got the result we wanted and while our performance was far from stellar. I saw an honest effort from all the players who did what they were asked to do. A very good workman like performance that with time can yield positive results.

Now forget EPL, La Liga, todays WCQ and even our Gold Cup performance, this was a notch below in terms of quality, aggression, intensity and speed of play. But take it for what it was, two teams below full strength testing new players.

The night’s adventure started with finding a parking spot. Apparently parking in the stadium is now for big boys with passes only, so the attendants on duty forced you to turn into the car park opposite the stadium entrance for a $20 fee. I took a chance, drove around the block and was fortunate to get a squeeze on De verteil st.

Walking in the stadium, there were more scalpers than usual asking to buy extras and selling tickets below cost. To be honest I feel some of them were smart men, you could have gotten a grounds at $50 instead of $75 and a stands for $75 instead of $100. There were also certain scalpers telling female ticket purchasers that they could get two females in on one ticket. But the thing is from being around events you know the regular scalpers...didn’t see them today. Also why would you buy a ticket from a stranger, when the TTFF ticket booth is right there and the line is short?

Anyways proceeding through the main entrance gate, to the left was a tent set up by Joma and the T&T kit was on sale, red or white in all sizes for $300. The kit is nice and there are some nice inner lining details. It’s a good quality kit and I was a bit upset I didn’t walk with extra cash. No linx or card machines were available and the rep said they were not available in stores as yet. It slight ying...so unless you like the fitted look or if you sporting a lil belly, it is advisable to get a size larger than usual.

When I took my seat in the covered stand, I missed the warm ups and the teams were already out on the field. The T&T players all were wearing the new nike hypervenom or mercurial boots in fluorescent green and purple, while the majority of the Jamaican team wore yellow adidas boots or bright orange ones. Player for player the Jamaicans looked taller and more solid than our country men and during the game we looked and played a bit “finny” at times.

Our president shook hands with both teams, received a framed jersey from “Me Mum”...a moment of silence was held for Jamaica’s former coach Theodore Whitmore as he lost his son recently and the national anthems of both countries were played.

The covered stands posse real stush and it’s a real no vibes scene across there. That stand is for the president and the ministers to pose, men who courting, people over 60 and if you bringing your infant son or daughter to the game. Nobody singing the anthem, no kicks comments, polite clapping and they not too knowledgeable of the game and the players on the field... Across there not for me, additionally the entire stand had not a pie man. A woman was hustling pricemart doughnuts and pommecethere, a crowded concession stand with hotdogs and popcorn and another fella with corn soup. Beers were scarce and for the amount of people, I don’t think they adequately catered or provided the right amount of concessions. “Grounds” is the place to be for a football match hands down.

On to the action...the game starts and we get noise from a riddim section under the scoreboard. Whole game, these fellas kept up the riddim  and it added excitement to the game.

TT starts with a 4-5-1 with Williams in goal, David left back, Cyrus and Mitchell as stoppers and Edwards at right back . Middle was Boucaud and me Mum as the defensive players, joevin jones and peltier on the wings and Guerra center and Kenwyne up top by himself.

Jamaica starts off with a 3-5-2...3 men marshalling kenwyne and the other 5 midfielders matching up nicely with the T&T midfield.

The opening 5 mins was poor by T&T with some bad passes, nothing going forward and the keeper Williams looked really shaky playing a back pass to a defender that nearly got him in trouble and after getting shut down quickly he made a poor clearance which looked like school boy goalkeeping. But then TT started to play the ball around...knocking it about the back and then trying a flank attack with either joevin or peltier bursting forward.

This tactic kept the Jamaicans at bay but we were always susceptible to the counter, with Birchall or Boucaud cleaning up well or Cyrus or Mitchell booming it long. This was an opening 20 min tactic...because after that , balls were knocked tru the middle for kenwyne to hold up and he would try to knock it off for Guerra or the advancing flank players. Guerra was also used as a playmaker, receiving the balls from birchall or Boucaud and he would then try to burst forward and lay off the ball for a shot.
About 10 mins in one of the wingers...I believe it was peltier got around his man well and squared a ball to Kenwyne Jones on the top of the six yard box unmarked. And what did he do...miskick a sitter...poor poor and it sent everybody in the stadium cussing.

After that however he nearly made amends as he rose high and connected with a cross, the Jamaican keeper and another T&T player collided and Kenwyne’s header was cleared off the line by a scrambling JA defender.
Peltier was exciting to watch, but was guilty of over dribbling at times. Unfortunately he only lasted 20 mins after he collected a jam and was withdrawn. A #13 Winchester came on for him and he was a useful replacement.

Coming down to the end of the half, Birchall got a nice set from Guerra and let fly from about 30 yards, it would have been great for him to score on his farewell game but it was not to be. To his credit he ran tirelessly showed his class by spreading the play, pinging some long balls across the park. He was solid in the tackle and injured himself getting stuck in. He also was taken out after trying a mazy run but Me Mum had a solid game and came off after 70 mins to a standing ovation. I still think this retirement is a bit premature...but say wha...Thank You for the memories Me Mum, a true Warrior.

In the back I was very pleased with Aubry David...he was solid and didn’t put a foot wrong. Won every battle, cleared every ball for a throw or goal kick, screened the ball well and got forward from time to time to help out joevin on the wing.

Daniel Cyrus also did well heading and tackling good, closing down the plays and making a bursting run from the back on occasion. This fella has dribbling ability and good footskills for a central defender, he didn’t get carried away and did what was required.

Mitchell was also solid and I liked the partnership between him and Cyrus . They covered each other well, played the offside trap when necessary and put in the crunching “feel it” tackle when the occasion required it.

Carlos didn’t get that much to do today as the Jamaican attacks came down the side with David. But the few times they came down his side he was found wanting a bit. He was left out on a few occasions and had to resort to the last ditch skate tackle. He also put in a tackle/body push when he lost the ball beating across the goal that looked like a penalty. But besides those two errors he commanded the troops well, giving instructions and marshalling the others in the back line. We can’t park up Carlos just yet...he still has ting to offer.

Half time approaches and it is 0-0 with T&T maintaining most of the possession, JA trying the counter attack or wing play and getting shut down in the process.

The second half had a number of changes and I couldn’t keep up with all of them but as the game wore on Boucaud was our class player on the night followed by Guerra.  Boucaud is the closest thing to an organizer on our team. Think defensive Yorke, Think general Nahkid...a few notches down is Boucaud but he wins the ball, passes it well, screens and holds up the play and threads it good to Guerra, Kenwyne or Birchall.  Good technique, full range of passes, good in the tackle...fit and composed. Nobody won the ball off him today and his professionalism stood out.

Guerra is an exciting prospect, talented but something holding him back.  I don’t know if is a fight down from the other players, a confidence issue or his mental decision making process...but he drifted in and out of the game. There were times some players didn’t pass the ball to him when he was in a good position. Other times he would cut back and slow up the play, when he could have gone to goal for himself. But he has talent and a level of skill which was on display more so in the second half. From some deft one touch flicks to bursts of acceleration Guerra’s touch was on tonight and shortly after the resumption he took a ball, skipped past a player, shielded off another and slapped a crisp shot into the far corner from the top of the box. ...A bess goal out of nowhere.  It was after this his confidence grew and he performed well , supporting the play, running the channels to help Kenwyn and taking it to the JA defenders.  Good game and T&T can expect great things with him and Molino or Hyland in the center.

Joevin jones had a forgettable game and I christened him “pick and drop”.  After doing something extremely well, such as winning a ball or dribbling a player, he would then put in a woeful cross or try to run past three men losing the ball in the process. He is a bit lightweight and his dribbling is not explosive to take him past men in the attacking third. But to his credit he shielded the ball well, made some telling passes and has a good knock. I think he is better suited to the wingback position, instead of further up the pitch, but based on this game Aubry David looked a more composed solid defender and Coach hart, I am sure will find his best position.

Winchester was tricky, took on his men well and was fouled for a penalty that kenwyne jones scored with aplomb down the center of the goal. He is a useful player, he has some skill and speed and is fit, getting back to put in the tackle and good going forward.

Kenwyne Jones was fouled alot and was unlucky not to be awarded a penalty as he was taken out in the box a few times. He is a pro and at times, you could see him playing for the foul but he didn’t have one of his better games tonight.

At 2-0 up and with 15 or so mins to go T&T turned on the style and flair. A complete change of tactics again and it was small knock-pap-pap-pap...one touch, flick, dribble and run into space.

All the pressure was off and they just decided to enjoy themselves and play for the fans. It was at this time jones came off, Mitchell came off, Boucaud, Edwards and somebody else and all I remember is Abu Bakr coming on and cleaning up men with skate tackles and a youthman with some zest upfront running at them. Theobold had a lil 10 min sweat and he handled himself in the time afforded to him.

JA clearly came with a young inexperienced team and they were outplayed for most of the game. They had one threatening moment in the first half where one of their players beat a few men and took a shot from the top of the box, but they didn’t have any really threatening attacks, bar the one scare when Carlos took out the player in the area.

They did have a wild man #18 with a Ras who came on as a sub and was pelting tackles wild wild. He got some good boo from the “grounds” posse and eventually got a card for his agricultural approach to the game.
There were a few injuries, lil elbow and jab pass and plenty blade, with T&T players coming second most of the time. But in the second half when we turned up the intensity, we started to dish it out to them and eventually we held our own. No real fight or tempers flaring, just passionate play from both teams.

Man of the match is a toss up between Boucaud or David, with Guerra coming third. Guerra’s goal was a good one and you will enjoy it on the news highlights tomorrow.

All the players performed credibly and if the local ones fly out they will blossom. The difference between local based and foreign based was evident  and we just need to get these young fellas out of here faster before they develop any more bad habits.

Come back out and support the Warriors, you will not be disappointed, they play slow at times but when they get the lil confidence and support they raise the level and start flowing smoothly. They are improving and with time will make the nation proud once again.

Till next time...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:17:10 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report - T&T vs JA
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
Thanks breds. Missed you and missed the report. Welcome back!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:33:44 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:40:58 PM »
Welcome back Touches... you were missed  :beermug:

I marvel at your recall and the level of detail you go into... and the gift to convey it as comically and as vividly as you do as well.  You need to be writing professionally... serious talk.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 11:57:21 PM »
Nice read... Touches back allyuh!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 11:59:41 PM »
Thanks Breds, the way you describe the atmosphere and details paints a perfect picture for me :beermug:

This one mash up up though  "They did have a wild man #18 with a Ras who came on as a sub and was pelting tackles wild wild. He got some good boo from the “grounds” posse and eventually got a card for his agricultural approach to the game."  :rotfl:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:46:58 AM »
Nice report :)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 12:47:34 AM »
\yeah touches good job

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 01:31:16 AM »
Thanks Touches, your reports are boss, as good as seeing the game live!  :chilling:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 04:50:22 AM »
FiNally a Touches match report! Thanks soldier!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Report - T&T vs JA
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 05:14:19 AM »
Touches right, covered is for the stush. Imagine a man behind me sitting with a woman, and I hear the man telling d woman Trinidad playing in red and Jamaica playing in yellow, WTF! Like even the man himself realize what he saying and watching around nervous to see if anybody watching that possibly overheard him lol, pure embarrassment.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: D Touches Match Report - T&T vs JA
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 05:28:30 AM »
Touches right, covered is for the stush. Imagine a man behind me sitting with a woman, and I hear the man telling d woman Trinidad playing in red and Jamaica playing in yellow, WTF! Like even the man himself realize what he saying and watching around nervous to see if anybody watching that possibly overheard him lol, pure embarrassment.

Hahahaha
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 05:55:14 AM »
Thanks Touches nice to have u back,well put together report  :thumbsup:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 06:35:31 AM »
Thanks again Touches  :beermug: Always well appreciated and a real good picture of what went on in the stands and very good synopsis of the play too  ;D. Uncovered all the way  ;D. A man bring a three line in a bag near we dey and tell a group of white people sometin. All ah dem calmly get up and ride out den a few minutes later about 15 strapid babylon proceed to come down the steps - I swear is a bomb they was lookin for. I was real impressed that saddis didn't collect some mind-numbin calpet and the babylon show real, real restraint and professionalism in dealin with soldier :beermug:.
Pieman, nutsman blockin the action, sh!t talk in abundance...  Nice ball knockin in general and I like how the system seem to give freedom to individual players like Tulla to take on men. I think we comin back to a brand that trinis love. I feel we woulda collect a 2 or 3 from a more clinical side like Mexico or USA, but I like what I saw...we could take on some teams up to the 60's and 50's in the Fifa rankings I feel.
But for the games I can't be there Touches, you wouldn't believe what a wonderful picture you paint! Keep it in the uncovered next time  ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 07:12:46 AM »
Welcome back my brother, nice report, I enjoy it really.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:36 AM »
It’s been a while since I attended a T&T game, but tonight I was pleased with what transpired on the field.

i almost thought you was the walking dead breds... good to see you have awaken from yuh slumber  :beermug: ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:58:42 PM by Tallman »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 08:31:54 AM »
why some ah alyuh does quote d entire article to just to make a comment....atleast truncate d ting nah....ah could understand if want to respond to specific points, but other than that it doh make sense and does throw off d flow when reading :(

Dear Forumites,

It’s been a while since I attended a T&T game, .................

Till next time...

blah blah blah

dat eh hard.......only takes a second :(
I pity the fool....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
Again well done Touches but this is the second game i've been to at the Stadium and all the Bathrooms are locked,what's going on with these people,any time i go to the Stadium the first thing i check out are the Bathrooms because of my illness.

When i got in and i had 12 kids with me we walk for about five minuits until we found one and it was a female Bathroom the men's were locked,what ended up happening men and women were using the same one and outside a Police woman complaining about it have no Toilet paper,i had three girls with me how they going in there with all those men.

Any how the icing on the Cake was after the game going home people was peeing all about in the Stadium especially the floor where the Concession stands are,these are the things that have the Stadium in the condition it is,i used to say was Sea blast.

Now just a word for Mister Sam,is only Civic that have no Toilet facilities our National Stadium is worst. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:43:43 AM by Coop's »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 09:28:29 AM »
Coop's

Yuh sound like yuh was in "Grounds" if you was in "Stands" you woulda get a unlocked toilet. I ent too sure about the toilet paper or a locking stall door but you woulda get soap albeit in a lil blue waters bottle.

Years ago when I told alyuh...men was peeing in sink and ting alyuh used to feel I making up stuff. 

The powers that be need to realise every event needs a certain number of resources. Bathrooms are the most important, followed by the concessions.

All these things add to the experience of a game and determines if one will pay money to support in the future.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »
Touches !!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
Again well done Touches but this is the second game i've been to at the Stadium and all the Bathrooms are locked,what's going on with these people,any time i go to the Stadium the first thing i check out are the Bathrooms because of my illness.

When i got in and i had 12 kids with me we walk for about five minuits until we found one and it was a female Bathroom the men's were locked,what ended up happening men and women were using the same one and outside a Police woman complaining about it have no Toilet paper,i had three girls with me how they going in there with all those men.

Any how the icing on the Cake was after the game going home people was peeing all about in the Stadium especially the floor where the Concession stands are,these are the things that have the Stadium in the condition it is,i used to say was Sea blast.

Now just a word for Mister Sam,is only Civic that have no Toilet facilities our National Stadium is worst. 

you sounding like Hat from Miguel Street

thank you Touches...it's been a while since u posted one of these bro

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 11:02:30 AM »
Excellent report and detailed very well.

Thank you sir.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 11:11:19 AM »

Something needs to be done about toilet facilities at all our football games especially when we have an international.
This is unacceptable and highly embarrassing and we wonder why we are struggling to get families and fans to come out and support our football? The TTFA needs to get this ongoing problem sorted!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Texastrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 11:26:58 AM »
First class report as usual.  Thank you very much sir!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »
That was a borse report by Touches. Thank you. As to why defender Cyrus seems to have have good dribbling skills and so on, I believe he used to play as a striker in his developmental years.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 11:48:50 AM »
Thanks again Touches  :beermug: Always well appreciated and a real good picture of what went on in the stands and very good synopsis of the play too  ;D. Uncovered all the way  ;D. A man bring a three line in a bag near we dey and tell a group of white people sometin. All ah dem calmly get up and ride out den a few minutes later about 15 strapid babylon proceed to come down the steps - I swear is a bomb they was lookin for. I was real impressed that saddis didn't collect some mind-numbin calpet and the babylon show real, real restraint and professionalism in dealin with soldier :beermug:.

hahaha dat was us..the man cuss d kids in front who happen to be tulla nephews and then he draw d blad easy easy as the man tell him doh cuss..didn't even notice the blade till my sis got up and say shit this i eh takin no chop. The fella proper crazy tho, had he st anns papers in his wallet along with a prescription ( i was watching him closely cuz his behaviour was real strange)
Back in Trini...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: Touches!!!
All is now well with the world!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 12:35:32 PM »

you sounding like Hat from Miguel Street

thank you Touches...it's been a while since u posted one of these bro

Hat yes...  :rotfl: this make my day .
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 03:34:23 PM »
Thanks for this Touches. Believe me, you were missed.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 04:23:44 PM »
First off, give nuff thanks Touches, I get glad when ah see the match report at the top of the thread-list dis morning.

Few quick things...I would love to know the details of the couple where the man had to tell the woman which team wearing which color, she had to be a foreigner right?

I was wondering who the hell going and see football with ah cutlass until we get the explanation, I like yuh sis bredda, me eh sitting around nobody wid no cutlass either, hell if I only catch ah glimpse of blade I going easy, easy and snitch:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 04:37:34 PM »
Excellent and thanks for the report Touches. But guys Coops report some serious stupidness going on and allyuh making joke about it. Locked toilet rooms in the stadiums, that should not be tolerated.

1]; } ?>