April 23, 2024, 08:33:46 AM

Author Topic: Technical Director Thread  (Read 15147 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: TTFA Technical Director
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2015, 02:28:53 AM »
Allyuh wait until the TTFA elections first nah! Men hit the ground running with hear say talk yes...
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2015, 04:54:46 PM »
Good afternoon ladies and gents,
Firstly I'd like to say thanks for allow me to post on this forum over the past year or so.
I would like to apologise to any poster on this site in which I have offended, this was un profesional and totally un acceptable.
I will refrain from posting  on the public forum but will check my pms from time to time.
All the best
Fail to prepare - Prepare to fail

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »
??? offended with what....an opposing view.............steups....... daiz d essence of debate....opposing views are not invalid because people doh like dem...
I pity the fool....

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »
Man you ent post enough to offend nobody  ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2015, 04:57:38 AM »
Walkes pleased with TT talent pool
T&T Newsday

KENDALL WALKES, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) Director of Football, who is currently overseeing the FA’s Grassroots clinics at different locations nationwide, has stated his delight with the showing of the youngsters so far.

“It’s a program launched by FIFA and it’s where everyone has the ability and opportunity to play football and it presents the opportunity to find the next Messi or Ronaldo in this era and in Trinidad and Tobago we want to find the next Dwight Yorke or Russell Latapy. It’s about giving every kid the opportunity to play the game,” said Walkes.

“We are going into the communities continuing a program which the FA already started using the indestructible footballs,” he continued. “We have had a fair amount of success with scouting so far I am urging the club coaches to send their players in club neutral environment.

I am challenging the zone to match my passion and energy together with my assistant Muhammad Isa.” Walkes, who took over the role which was vacated by Anton Corneal last year, continued, “it’s club neutral so everyone can play. We have Under 8s, Under 11s and Under 13s training for one hour for each age group with intense technical training.

The kids will be learning more about the game and no one is here to take players away which is what is meant by a club neutral environment.

It’s all about development at this stage. “For the kids who have come out so far I see a lot of natural talent. The game slows down tremendously when you challenge them mentally but if you were to just put the ball out and have them play they do some fantastic things.

I want to see the zones take a more hands on approach and really put the kids together and help with their development,” Walkes ended.

Lifestyle Motors has been a consistent supporter of the program and the TTFA is hopeful that other corporate bodies will get involved in the effort to spread and develop the game at the grassroots level.

The program will run for another five weeks at the following locations....

CENTRAL: Hugo Francis Recreational ground, Woodford Park (Mondays).

EASTERN COUNTIES: Ojoe Road Recreation Ground (Sangre Grande) (Tuesdays).

SOUTH: Lumsden Ground Park (Gasparillo) (Wednesdays).

EASTERN: Constantine Park (Thursdays).

NORTH: NELSON MANDELA PARK (Fridays).

For more information, call 685- 7968 or 687-7652.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2015, 07:03:55 AM »
don't know about the U S but in Europe  your cv should have UEFA LICENSE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR also past job as technical director with u17 and u19 (club name) also present job as technical director (where) so having a masters of etc is good but they're looking for that word technical director and how long you've been doing it...

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2015, 08:03:13 AM »
Mr. Walkes may be a world record holder, after losing 19 - nil to Jamaica u17 wcq with usvi...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2015, 08:12:35 AM »
don't know about the U S but in Europe  your cv should have UEFA LICENSE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR also past job as technical director with u17 and u19 (club name) also present job as technical director (where) so having a masters of etc is good but they're looking for that word technical director and how long you've been doing it...

Kendall can more than do this job. His whole life has been football and academics. He is qualified to do the job.  Just give him some time.  Or let see what happens after the election!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »
Mr. Walkes may be a world record holder, after losing 19 - nil to Jamaica u17 wcq with usvi...

... and, do you see this as relevant to his role as TD?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
Walkes pleased with TT talent pool
T&T Newsday

The program will run for another five weeks at the following locations....

CENTRAL: Hugo Francis Recreational ground, Woodford Park (Mondays).

EASTERN COUNTIES: Ojoe Road Recreation Ground (Sangre Grande) (Tuesdays).

SOUTH: Lumsden Ground Park (Gasparillo) (Wednesdays).

EASTERN: Constantine Park (Thursdays).

NORTH: NELSON MANDELA PARK (Fridays).

For more information, call 685- 7968 or 687-7652.

Tobago players may have to go to Constantine park ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2015, 11:08:25 AM »

interview with tallman and mr. walkes in the near future:

tallman:       mr. walkes I see as the coach of usvi u17 you were beaten by 19 goals to nil in a wcq by Jamaica??

mr.walkes:   yes, yes that's correct..

tallman:       and since then how has things progressed??

mr.walkes:   well to make a long story short, after a very long coaching stint in the US which came to an abrupt end, I found myself at a
                   loss, and then this 19-0  loss is needless to say I see things heading south, in the direction of tnt, so I hope this losing streak
                   ends.

tallman:       you know in your new role as TD you would be in for a lot of rigmarole??

ma.walkes:   yes, yes well what is relevant is from here I can only go up upwards.

tallman:      that's left to be seen...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2015, 11:35:53 AM »

interview with tallman and mr. walkes in the near future:

tallman:       mr. walkes I see as the coach of usvi u17 you were beaten by 19 goals to nil in a wcq by Jamaica??

mr.walkes:   yes, yes that's correct..

tallman:       and since then how has things progressed??

mr.walkes:   well to make a long story short, after a very long coaching stint in the US which came to an abrupt end, I found myself at a
                   loss, and then this 19-0  loss is needless to say I see things heading south, in the direction of tnt, so I hope this losing streak
                   ends.

tallman:       you know in your new role as TD you would be in for a lot of rigmarole??

ma.walkes:   yes, yes well what is relevant is from here I can only go up upwards.

tallman:      that's left to be seen...

In other words, you see the two as connected.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Isa adapting to TTFA technical director role.
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2016, 03:45:16 AM »
Isa adapting to TTFA technical director role.
T&T Newsday Reports.

MUHAMMAD ISA is adapting to his new role as technical director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), after he was reportedly appointed a fortnight ago.

Isa, a former national youth team coach, was appointed by TTFA president David John-Williams as a replacement for the fired Kendall Walkes. However, Walkes has sought legal advice in his battle against John-Williams and the TTFA for unpaid fees.

As far as he is concerned, Isa is adapting smoothly to his new role.

During a recent interview, Isa said, “I’ve been adapting to it as normal, I think it’s something I’ve been doing before. It’s just officially now.”

Isa is still involved with TT Pro League outfit Club Sando, and he pointed out, “well nobody has spoken to be but my role with Club Sando - I’m a board member with Club Sando. So I’m still assisting the board as regards technical matters.”

As technical director, is his immediate focus the men’s team or all the various national teams? “I really don’t control the national team,” replied Isa. “It’s more concerns right now about doing programmes, including grassroots (and) elite programmes, trying to provide players for the national teams.”

Asked if he has spoken to any of the previous technical directors about what the role entails, Isa responded, “I have had discussions with Anton (Corneal) and recently I went a technical director workshop in Jamaica, which sort of guided me as to my roles and functions as a technical director.” And he noted that this appointment is the pinnacle of his administrative career in local football. “Yes I will say so, I think this is it for me,” said Isa.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Technical Director Isa to place emphasis on grassroots and Women’s football development
TTFA Media

Recently installed Technical Director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association Muhammad Isa says that among some of his immediate emphasis will be placed on grassroots and Women’s football development.

Speaking on Monday while at the TTFA Offices, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Isa, a former Police FC and Joe Public head coach, said he was using the first few weeks of his tenure to grasp the ins and outs of his new portfolio.

“The first couple weeks have gone very well. We are putting some plans in place in terms of development programs such as the youth development program with grassroots programs for kids between 6-13 years age, starting with the preschools for kids 3-5 year olds. Then once that is completed we are looking to have an elite development program for kids coming into the 14-19 year old bracket. We are looking to launch this in September,” Isa told TTFA Media.

He touched on the current preparations of the Under 20 Men’s Team which is gearing towards the CFU qualifiers starting at the Ato Boldon Stadium on June 15th.

“The preparations have gone very well. Brian Williams has done well in the short space of time. They screened close to 90 players to come down to the final selection and they are eager to get on the field and begin the qualifiers.

“And for the Under 15 Women’s team there are 45 players in training now under Marlon Charles and his staff who have been doing a tremendous job.”

As to his feelings on the recent three-match tour by the Senior Men’s Team, Isa preferred to focus on the positives.

“People might be saying that we lost all three games but the emphasis is not always to win practice games but it is to expose our players to a higher level of football.”

Looking ahead to the rest of the calendar year, Isa is anticipating a hectic period for T&T football.

“The aim is to  continue the development program as we go forward. We will be placing more emphasis on women’s development. I don’t think we have paid enough attention to women’s football that is required to take them to the next level.

“We will also look to continue the coaching development programs. Trinidad and Tobago for the last couple of years was given the opportunity to go the Dutch way. I have spoken to some of the instructors who are willing to come back and continue the coach education program,” he said.

And the responsibility of being a technical director is something Isa is embracing fully.

“It’s a very important opportunity for me. It is something that I was doing before. Now I am totally responsible for it. I am liaising with my technical committee and the other coaches around the region to put the best plan in place for the development of our football,” he said

Things to Know
  • Muhammad Isa was a member of the coaching staff of the Trinidad and Tobago team that captured the  1992 Shell Caribbean Cup. The team  included the likes of Russell Latapy, Clint Marcelle, Dwight Yorke, Leonson Lewis and Hutson Charles to a 3-1 victory over Jamaica in the Final on June 27th, 1992 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
  • He was also part of the team for the  opening 1994 World Cup Qualifying leg against Barbados which T&T won 5-1 on aggregate.  Brazilian Clovis D’Oliviera took the reigns as head coach and T&T went on to lose 3-2 on aggregate to Jamaica in the next stage of qualification.
  • Isa is a former St Benedict’s College Head Coach. He has also served as head coach of Police FC and Joe Public and technical director of Club Sando.
  • He was appointed as a member of the TTFA Technical Committee in January, 2016, having previously served as a technical advisor and as one of the TTFA coaching instructors and grassroots coaches.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wvIVoWnkxFo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wvIVoWnkxFo</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Director Thread
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2017, 01:18:04 PM »
If we have any momentum from stopping the Fevrier hiring, we have to use it for a MOVEMENT to pressure the TTFA to get a competent Technical Director.

In June the man putting plans in place for youth development with special emphasis on woman, he stated:

Pre-K and Kindergarden for ages 3-5
Grass roots ages 6-13
Elite Development Program for ages 14-19

All starting in September 2016--where the plans? Where the programs?

Anybody believe this is the person for our future?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wvIVoWnkxFo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wvIVoWnkxFo</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2017, 01:23:35 PM »
Beenhakker should be hired back but only if we pay for it, not FIFA..

This is ridiculous

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Who is our Technical Director?
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »
I remember under Hart, Leo was our TD and it served us very well.

But who is our current TD and will that remain the same under Tallest?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is our Technical Director?
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2017, 04:53:41 PM »
Muhammad Isa is Technical Director ...The Terrorist is TTFA Technical Programs coordinator

Doh ask me de difference

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2017, 05:03:17 PM »
Muhammad Isa is Technical Director ...The Terrorist is TTFA Technical Programs coordinator

Doh ask me de difference

So the question remains, how will Tallest function within this framework?

I notice he didn't ask for a technical director, so I assume he will not be taking advice from these two technical directors...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2017, 05:13:50 PM »
What are you talking about? Request a technical director?

Do not confuse the function of a technical director with that of an advisor which was what Beenhakker was
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »
What are you talking about? Request a technical director?

Do not confuse the function of a technical director with that of an advisor which was what Beenhakker was

Technical directors have direct influence on our national teams... now from what I know, Leo was our TD unless I am mistaken... or was he our technical advisor?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2017, 06:00:23 PM »
Advisor.

Technical director responsible for the development of the various national team programs and player pool and coach development.

Isa seems to be doing not much after replacing Walkes. So they bring Jamaal in some other role that seem to be the same.

Meanwhile DJW like he was the advisor because who else pick Saintfiet squads?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
Do we really need one while DJW is running things?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2017, 12:21:38 AM »
Advisor.

Technical director responsible for the development of the various national team programs and player pool and coach development.

Isa seems to be doing not much after replacing Walkes. So they bring Jamaal in some other role that seem to be the same.

Meanwhile DJW like he was the advisor because who else pick Saintfiet squads?

Thanks for the clarification brother... i was under the impression he was TD and I know that's the TD function as you stated above... I guess we can equate TD to director of football in Europe...

I believe you're on to something with that, beenhakker left and wasn't brought back because of the mistreatment of the staff around Hart and the dictator inserted himself into the position of advisor covertly to pick the squads, unless the terrorizer was really advisor with the dictator which is also a possibility...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2018, 03:29:24 AM »
FIFA Technical Directors Course comes to a close in Trinidad.
TTFA Media.

The FIFA Technical Directors Workshop came to a close at the Hilton Trinidad on Friday with the presentation of certificates to the participants following five days of intense discussions,bilateral meetings, analysis and interactive sessions both on and off the field.

FIFA head of technical development services Jurg Nepfer was in attendance for the first half of the workshop and he was accompanied by FIFA Group Leader Roberto Perna, FIFA Technical Consultants Willi Ruttensteiner, Rodrigo Kenton and Lenny Lake along with local technical Director and FIFA TD expert Anton Corneal and FIFA Regional Development manager Marlon Glean.

“We wanted to orchestrate this workshop on four pillars. One of those was to know more about the situations of the technical directors here; we wanted to give them some tools for their operations on a  daily basis with handbooks and hope they can work a little bit easier with their daily routines; thirdly we had bilateral meetings with each technical director to elaborate specific and tailor made systems for them and finally we used practical analysis with match analysis, training observation and coaching education observation,” Nepfer told TTFA Media. The practical sessions were conducted during training sessions and game situations with the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Senior Team, the Elite Under 15 Boys Team and Prisons FC.

“With this we hope we can improve the knowledge of the technical directors in the member associations It is part of a process and not an isolated event and we want to be closer to these TDs and support them. We also want to do some monitoring to be able to assist them better in their work for the development of football in their specific countries,” Nepfer added.

Pena who spoke at the closing on Friday added that the football was different in each country.

“The head coach and the technical director of the an association are not necessary competitors even through their roles are different. OF course they must work together but their are clear roles and responsibilities and they must work together, This course had a nice atmosphere. The technical director is really at the top of the pyramid. There is really quality here and a lot of potential. This course has not come to an end but is the start of your life as technical directors. Following our bilateral meetings here, we will put together all the key points and send the action plans next week to all the national associations and this is a very important part of this course,” Perna said.

The participants who received their certificates included John Reilly of British Virgin Islands, Eustace Bailey (US Virgin Islands), Wendell Downswell (Jamaica), Anton Corneal (Trinidad and Tobago), Russell Latapy (Trinidad and Tobago), Dennis Lawrence (Trinidad and Tobago), Desiree Sergeant (Trinidad and Tobago), Ian Greenwood (Guyana), Biswajeet Kali (Suriname), Alexander Gonzales (Cayman Islands), Marlon Glean (FIFA Regional Development Manager), Lenny Lake and Rodrigo Kenton (FIFA) and Jeffrey Hazel of St Kitts/Nevis.

Video - FIFA Technical Directors Course closes in Trinidad

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2022, 12:06:50 AM »
TTFA accepting applications for Technical Director position.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is now accepting applications for the position of Technical Director. Applicants are asked to submit their resume, contact information and a copy of all related documents by email to technical.ttfa@gmail.com no later than 6:00 pm (AST) on Sunday 11 September 2022.

The position is now vacant after previous Technical Director Anton Corneal took up a position of FIFA Regional Technical Consultant for the Caribbean.

Applicants for the position of Technical Director must be able to:

•   Lead and manage the TTFA Technical Department.
•   Provide direction on strategic and technical matters related to the TTFA’s responsibilities for football in Trinidad and Tobago including but not limited to technical and strategic planning, the administration of technical programmes, coach recruitment, youth player development and grassroots player development.
•   Develop budgets for the Technical Department.
•   Manage the TTFA’s Coach Education Department.
•   Lay the foundation for the future of national football (men’s, women’s, beach soccer and futsal) and work to improve the standard of play in national competitions (senior and youth).
•   Promote technical and performance analysis at various levels.
•   Manage the TTFA’s High Performance Programme in accordance with its strategic direction, and FIFA’s and Concacaf’s guidelines.
•   Manage the TTFA’s application and execution of FIFA and Concacaf development programmes.

Qualifications: Minimum of a TTFA B Licence or equivalent.

Experience:

• Coached at a National Team (senior and/or youth) level.
• Working knowledge of FIFA and Concacaf’s Development Programmes.
• Working knowledge of Coach Education Licences and Programmes.
• Experience as a Coaching Licence Instructor and/or Educator would be an asset.
• Tertiary level education or graduate level diplomas would be an asset.

Skills: The ideal candidate would possess a high degree of leadership, organizational, planning, interpersonal, and communication skills. The candidates should have experience in budget preparation and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Candidate should also be able highly motivated, a team player and problem solver.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2022, 02:32:56 AM »
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is now accepting applications for the position of Technical Director. Applicants are asked to submit their resume, contact information and a copy of all related documents by email to technical.ttfa@gmail.com no later than 6:00 pm (AST) on Sunday 11 September 2022.

The position is now vacant after previous Technical Director Anton Corneal took up a position of FIFA Regional Technical Consultant for the Caribbean.

•   Provide direction on strategic and technical matters related to the TTFA’s responsibilities for football in Trinidad and Tobago including but not limited to technical and strategic planning, the administration of technical programmes, coach recruitment, youth player development and grassroots player development.
•   Lay the foundation for the future of national football (men’s, women’s, beach soccer and futsal) and work to improve the standard of play in national competitions (senior and youth).
•   Manage the TTFA’s High Performance Programme in accordance with its strategic direction, and FIFA’s and Concacaf’s guidelines.
•   Manage the TTFA’s application and execution of FIFA and Concacaf development programmes.

Experience:

• Experience as a Coaching Licence Instructor and/or Educator would be an asset.

Skills: The ideal candidate would possess a high degree of leadership, organizational, planning, interpersonal, and communication skills. The candidates should have experience in budget preparation and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Candidate should also be able highly motivated, a team player and problem solver.

On the face of it, there are lots of indications within this advertisement to suggest that someone is in the game with "house money". I use the word 'suggest' under pain of restraint.

Almost amusing although patently transparent. One hand does indeed wash the other.

I might concur in the conclusion but not in the collusion.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 02:35:07 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2022, 12:06:20 PM »
TTFA Media.

Experience:

On the face of it, there are lots of indications within this advertisement to suggest that someone is in the game with "house money". I use the word 'suggest' under pain of restraint.

Almost amusing although patently transparent. One hand does indeed wash the other.

Breds, You using too much big words.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2022, 02:59:36 PM »
TTFA Media.

Experience:

Breds, You using too much big words.

Dahis de tool for keeping out of trouble.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

1]; } ?>