April 20, 2024, 09:13:08 AM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 171137 times)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big Question for Today... Why is Nakhid
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2005, 01:19:25 PM »
     KND part 2 who the flip are you!? I always say WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE "REAL" KND from 2001-2004!?!? The original one from the original geocities socawarriors website?? Gorsh, Tallest, palos, flex, vb, samo all the original warriors where he gone, he is even more missed since this fella using he initials yes!!

KND 2 Leave Nakhid nah boy let him use the team's training warm ups as a means for him to stay in shape, when he is practicing with them he probably imparts some knowledge on the younger ones like Theobald and Jones etc. like what Latas does and everyone really respects the fact that he is now "only" a scout but still finds time to be with the team and help them gel. We need all the help and support that we can get, and Nakhid is helping provide that, I myself doubt and may not want him to actually play for T&T at this level again, but the man is a GREAT resource and training with the team helps THE TEAM, WE TEAM, Leave him alone!!

thank you,
Jason. 
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big Question for Today... Why is Nakhid training so hard?
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2005, 01:32:36 PM »
When you look at the pictures he is the only-ist one with tall socks and chin guards. The man going though all the drills hard hard hard

would somebody please tell him that he will not be getting any sweet, he cannot make the squad anymore.

He should take his rightful place next to the doctor on the bench.

This way he can work on the Bamsee muscles that he uses on his new position of scouting.

To sit on a plane to Uzbeckistan and then sit in the stands is a tough job he needs to focus on the bamsee muscles and leave the football to the young boys.

Next thing he pull something and is ice bandage and thing we have to waste on him.

Put him to sit down and take back the jersey let him put on a scout jersey.

How yuh concerned about man bamsee so?
U is a real ass yes, if the man want to train let him train nah.

Offline Silver-Corbeaux

• Jr. Warrior
  • RF is really ah Trini hornchile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2005, 01:34:14 PM »
Hyperhot J, why even waste your time responding to dat KND2 post, it is contributions like that does let true football people know who the real Shithounds are on this site.

KND2 obviously spent most of his past years dreaming for an opportunity to voice his deficient opinion. Nakhid as real football players and credible pundits will know, can only help things when he sweats with the team in practice. So leave KND2, let the two-two flow from he hole.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2005, 01:35:41 PM »
de man might get ah sweat who knows.Shotta do you know somthing that we dont?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2005, 02:49:28 PM »
It was something that i wondered about for a little while now, but it is obvious that he is there to add some experience to the team in training, the same reason why shaka in the team!!

by de way hyperhotJ, KND and KND2 is the same person!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2005, 02:51:30 PM »
Nahkid could still give us a game changing 20mins....Doh jumbie the man....nah
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2005, 04:17:57 PM »
KND

like you never watch a big flickin' side train.
Rijkaard does run drills wit' Barca, ent Yorke res' a hard jam on Souness in a practice sweat when he was at Blackburn and I see Mancini in a shooting practice at Inter. Even as coaches...ex-ballers does still train a little with the fellas to stay fit. Dey still have the skill and fitness to handle practice.......I sure de coaches tell Nakhid it cool. Stay fit and pass on some of the secrets of your technique to de youths. Plus if the ole' man roughing up de drills de youths go train hard so dey ego eh go get bruise. it all good man

But in truth, I doh doubt he wish he was still playing. If we make Germany Nakhid go real try to make the squad again, but I tink Beenie done put him out to pasture.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2005, 04:30:04 PM »
LOL ....... this man really know how to raise man pressure.

nakhid will just improve the team while training. Besides .... playing football at an international level for so long ... the man just probably want to stay fit
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2005, 05:45:25 PM »
he can stay in shape with his club in lebanon, does he even play club ball anymore?
Hart for president

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2005, 06:47:19 PM »
if don leo dont mind nakhid training ..why would you.....plus he can lend real game situations in possesion drills....leave de man alone nah......all of them is tnt....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2005, 09:20:26 PM »
KND, yuh acting like yuh forget about great players that represented us.  Doh be a fool--respect yuh elders.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF apologise for Nakhid's comments
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2005, 09:35:41 PM »
TTFF apologise for Nakhid's comments
Trinidad Express

TRINIDAD and Tobago senior team assistant coach and former national footballer David Nakhid has defended himself against charges made by his employers, the T&T Football Federation, that he used "racist remarks" in a television interview on CCN TV6's Morning Edition last Tuesday.

In an interview with the show's host, Andy Johnson, Nakhid diverged from footballing issues to air his views on the crime situation that has beseiged the country.

Speaking to the Sunday Express yesterday, Nakhid said: "All I did was say that we have a very bad crime situation and some members of the Syrian community, who are allegedly involved in the drug trade, we want to know why they are not being addressed or investigated. I also added that any community involved in criminal activity should be addressed or investigated, so I don't know how that makes the comments racist."

Nakhid said he was disturbed to learn that the Football Federation had branded his comments as "racist" without them even bothering to seek out his side of the story.

"None of my remarks were racist," he emphasised. "They were specific to the crime situation and to categorise my remarks as racist without speaking to me, there must be something with an agenda that is going on in the T&TFF."

Nakhid did not elaborate on what the agenda might be.

It took the T&TFF four days to respond to Nakhid's alleged remarks yesterday when they stated the organisation and the LOC Germany 2006 Ltd "wish to disassociate themselves, both individually and collectively, from the racist comments or any comments that may be interpreted as racist, that were made by David Nakhid in an interview on national television on the morning of Tuesday October 11, 2005."

But Nakhid was not shocked by the T&TFF reaction and suggested that the organisation may want to get rid of him soon.

"This is no surprise to me," he stated, "but things will show themselves in the next few days. All I can say is my remarks were in no way racist. In fact, they were very well received by the public and in the wider national community. To say that they were racist, that is offensive to me."

He continued: "Syrian is not a race, it is a community, but I attacked the powers up on high and this is just another way for the T&TFF to victimise David Nakhid. I'm getting that the T&TFF feel they have already qualified (for the World Cup) and think it is time to get rid of David Nakhid...we will see."

The T&TFF release, signed by general secretary Richard Groden, went on to say that both T&TFF and LOC Germany 2006 are organisations that pride themselves on the respect they hold for all individuals and groups "regardless of race or religion".

It went further to state that Nakhid was hired by the T&TFF to assist the senior national team in its efforts to qualify for the 2006 FIFA World Cup and that "he is not a spokesperson for either the T&TFF or LOC Germany 2006 Ltd and the views expressed by Mr Nakhid are therefore not the views of either the T&TFF or LOC Germany 2006.

"On behalf of the T&TFF and LOC Germany 2006, we hereby apologise unreservedly to the national community, and especially to the Syrian community towards whom the comments made by Mr Nakhid were directed, and once again affirm our total respect and regard for all human beings regardless of race or religion," the media statement concluded.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF apologise for Nakhid's comments
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2005, 10:59:32 PM »
Dat comment was tactless.  He point fingers at a whole community.  Bad enough to call dem all Syrian too, many are Lebanese as well.  Having a Lebanese wife, yuh would think that David would be a little more tactful but ah guess dat is not one of he strengths.  Your point is well taken David and we know exactly who yuh talking about...but now yuh attracting danger to yuh self and yuh family and embarrasment too.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2005, 04:59:30 AM »
Ah wonder who write TTFF disclaimer?
To me they should have simply said that, Nakhids comments were his personal comments and that TTFF as a national organisation disclaims any responsibility for them even though he is an employee. Full stop , end of story.
Even though some people might have interperated them to be racist, why say that they were or could have been ?
I personaly doh want no drug money laundered thru the warriors.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2005, 08:08:53 AM »
I met Nakhid once on a flight home from London (after he was released from jail way back in 1996-7 I believe) and we chatted along the way back home. The guy is brave and means well. He just has this propensity to fight for some persons or group that are being disadvantaged ( that is what got him into trouble in the first place in Lebanon) but he does not do it with the degree of tact and skilful language that he should. And he always like to fight someone else's battle fuh dem.

De man just goes overboard sometimes and in the last couple of weeks he went off attacking Terry Fenwick Jabloteh coach and had to eat his words because they had two later articles dat say all dat he said was a setta lies, now is like de same ting happening with him jumpin unto the crime situation when he should be taking about football and start pointin fingers so I guess people call de TTFF and complain and dat was dat. Now he own employers shootin he down and he coming back at them with a setta threats and ting. If he doan look out Jack go squash he again!

He is a good man and he means well but Nakhid should just shut up and help get we to Germany. He does his best work on de football field certainly not in front of a mic.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2005, 08:34:59 AM »
He lucky de Syrian and Lebanese community eh demand dat TTFF fire him YET because he ass woulda be dark.  Fuh all he "good intentions"....de man is a ASS.  And he does prove it repeatedly.  Yuh woulda think he would learn by now.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2005, 09:54:01 AM »

He should go channel that energy to reignite the defunct Player's Association.
Do something useful instead of taking rum shop talk onto the airwaves.

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2005, 11:49:25 AM »
For an educated fellow, he suffers from foot and mouth disease...... always putting his foot in his mouth. He means well but he has to learn when to stay quite.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2005, 12:42:49 PM »
He should not have made a political statement there and then and he completely wrong for doing so. The truth however is  that most trinis think that way of the syrian/lebanese community. Furthermore I don't think he can be called racist since is wife is Lebanese. Politics is everywhere in the world and especially in a small country like T&T. Nakhid need to learn how to be more suttle and not compromise his professional integrity.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2005, 12:52:01 PM »
ALLURE MIGHT GET MAD BUT PLENTY OF ALLURE TAKIN SHIT CAUSE THE MAN DOH PUH WATER IN HE MOUTH TO TALK JUST LIKE ME ALLURE TINK HE WRONG TO SAY WAT HE SAY BUT IS THE TRUTH AND I SUPPORT HIM CAUSE HE IS A WARRIOR JUST LIKE ME ALLURE BETTER OPEN ALLURE EYE CAUSE FOR YEARS THEM FOREIGNERS COMING IN WE COUNTRY AND GETTING RICHER WHAT EVER MEANS NECCESARY AND WE PEOPLE STAYIN ONE SPOTOR GETTING POORER NUFF SAID SAY WAT ALLURE WANT BUT I SUPPORTING MY FELLOW WARRIORS AND COUNTRY MAN

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2005, 12:52:50 PM »
He should not have made a political statement there and then and he completely wrong for doing so. The truth however is  that most trinis think that way of the syrian/lebanese community. Furthermore I don't think he can be called racist since is wife is Lebanese. Politics is everywhere in the world and especially in a small country like T&T. Nakhid need to learn how to be more suttle and not compromise his professional integrity.

De man is 40.  How much time he do exactly de same kinda ting?  Wha yuh talkin bout LEARN?  He eh learnin a damn ting at dis stage.  As for profesional integrity...he is he own worse enemy in dat regard.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2005, 05:20:25 PM »
ALLURE MIGHT GET MAD BUT PLENTY OF ALLURE TAKIN SHIT CAUSE THE MAN DOH PUH WATER IN HE MOUTH TO TALK JUST LIKE ME ALLURE TINK HE WRONG TO SAY WAT HE SAY BUT IS THE TRUTH AND I SUPPORT HIM CAUSE HE IS A WARRIOR JUST LIKE ME ALLURE BETTER OPEN ALLURE EYE CAUSE FOR YEARS THEM FOREIGNERS COMING IN WE COUNTRY AND GETTING RICHER WHAT EVER MEANS NECCESARY AND WE PEOPLE STAYIN ONE SPOTOR GETTING POORER NUFF SAID SAY WAT ALLURE WANT BUT I SUPPORTING MY FELLOW WARRIORS AND COUNTRY MAN

That's the biggest pile of shit I've ever read. All kinds of people involved in drugs. Furthermore, the Syrian community has been in Trinidad since the 1920s.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2005, 05:24:41 PM »

That's the biggest pile of shit I've ever read. All kinds of people involved in drugs. Furthermore, the Syrian community has been in Trinidad since the 1920s.

yeah and i have to add them Grenadians too that come in the 70's and early 80's..and what them doing now...most ah dem and dey children right now is the same criminals that helping the Syrians too.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2005, 05:53:26 PM »
i donno wah wrong with big toe he is one a dem that needs to open he eye too yuh tink them syrians that come in the early years that you mention still living stueps

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The David Nakhid Thread
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2005, 06:31:02 AM »
David Nakhid fired.
By: Joel Bailey.
[/size]

David Nakhid has been fired as assistant coach/team scout of the Trinidad and Tobago football team. Making this disclosure was special adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) Jack Warner yesterday on radio station WMJX 100.5 FM.
During a television programme on Tuesday last, Nakhid reportedly accused members of the Syrian community for playing major roles in the local crime situation and wondered why such matters were not being investigated.
Yesterday, Warner said. "You should let sleeping dogs lie. (Team coach Leo) Beenhakker has said he doesn’t need his services anymore," Warner disclosed. (The TTFF) have terminated his contract based on Mr Beenhakker’s advice."
On Saturday the TTFF, together with the Local Organising Committee (LOC) Germany 2006 Limited in a media statement disassociate themselves, both individually and collectively, from the racist comments or any comments that may be interpreted as racist, that were made by Nakhid in the interview on TV6.
The TTFF release, which was signed by general secretary Richard Groden, pointed out that Nakhid is not a spokesperson for either body and the views expressed are not the views of the TTFF or LOC Germany 2006 Ltd. According to a newspaper article yesterday, Nakhid hinted that the TTFF would have given him the boot on the basis of his comments.
Warner said that they have apologised to the Syrian community. "And I think the community has accepted our apology," he said on WMJX. Nakhid, the 41-year-old former national captain, has had a long list of controversial issues since making his name with St Mary’s College in the 1980s.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 07:13:53 AM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NAKHID FIRED!
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2005, 06:38:18 AM »
Nakhid is a kinna bachanalist..  He look fuh da!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2005, 06:42:19 AM »
My only concern is that this doesn't destabilize the team or act as a distraction.

Nakhid knew what he was doing so I am not worried about him. He is a man whofeels strongly about his convictions and I am sure he has no regrets.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2005, 06:48:55 AM »
he has nothing left to do anyway so why pay him for nothing?  Beenie done organize a big Dutch coach to scout Bahrain already.
But I wonder if he will still be invited back to train with the squad.  he can still help the younger players in training.  Who knows Nakhid might still have visions of running out for T&T in Germany next June!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2005, 06:51:51 AM »
My only concern is that this doesn't destabilize the team or act as a distraction.

Nakhid knew what he was doing so I am not worried about him. He is a man whofeels strongly about his convictions and I am sure he has no regrets.

Yea boy..is bad timing this whole thing. Some may say Nakid like stage to open he mouth.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2005, 06:55:03 AM »
Who knows Nakhid might still have visions of running out for T&T in Germany next June!

i think so too! i really think that he wants to play next year if we make it.  

he is still good enough to make a contribution.  Anyone who saw our match against lima of peru would realise just how good nahkid can still play!

but he do ah bag ah nonsense on de talk show, no matter what he believes to be right, that was not the forum for such an outburst!

its like going to a funeral and starting UNC/PNM talk!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>