March 28, 2024, 11:16:06 AM

Author Topic: Joseph Minala: Lazio respond to false age claims of teenager  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joseph Minala: Lazio respond to false age claims of teenager
« on: February 13, 2014, 07:49:04 AM »
Joseph Minala: Lazio respond to false age claims of teenager
BBC sport

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26162408

Lazio have threatened legal action against those who have questioned the legitimacy of the age of their 17-year-old Cameroonian player Joseph Minala.
The Italian side stated that his birth certificate is "absolutely legitimate".
Lazio added:  "We reserve the right to take action against those responsible for the protection of the good name of the company and the footballer."
The midfielder also issued a statement via the club's website denying he told an African website he was 41.
He said: "I have read the alleged statements posted on the website senego.net in which it says I confessed my real age which was different to what was stated in my [official] documents.

"They are false statements that have been attributed to me by people who do not know."
Minala joined the Rome club last summer and recently played for them in the Viareggio Cup youth tournament.
Italian journalist Max Evangelista, who reports on Lazio's youth team, said any suggestions the player was 41 were "unbelievable".
He said Minala had scored five goals and made six assists this season for Lazio's youth team, who are the holders of the national title.
"He is a very reactive player. You could never say he is 41," he told BBC World Service." When you are surrounded by players running like devils around you, in my opinion it is very tough to be 41. He runs, he is fast. It is unbelievable news, that is why Lazio felt the need to deny it.
"He was in an orphanage for a couple of years in Cameroon, then he had to face the situation here by himself. It is a controversial story because the face of the player is not that of a 17-year-old guy.
"On his face there is sign of his previous life, which was not a happy life. That is it. Period. There is nothing else that makes you think he is 41.
"He is a kid with the head of a kid. He only wants to play football as he did on the road years ago barefoot. That is the only thing he is focused on and being a talent because he is a talent."
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Minala: Lazio respond to false age claims of teenager
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:11:44 AM »
Lazio might have to take legal action against me because that man face hard like Add Maths. He might not be 41 but I have a hard time believing he's close to being a teenager. 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:45:56 AM »
Simple bone scan will give you an age range.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »
Lazio might have to take legal action against me because that man face hard like Add Maths. He might not be 41 but I have a hard time believing he's close to being a teenager. 

This is partly his own fault; You should see some of the other photo's of him circulating the web - most taken from his own (now closed) facebook and instagram pages. The fella looking quite young in the photo above, looks even older in others.

Check the mirror gallery:  http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/meet-joseph-minala---17-year-old-3140299

Ah like his agent explanation for his aged look. Man say is due to his difficult upbringing  ???

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 09:55:42 AM »
Just like grimm01,Lazio will have to take action against me,I didn't bother to read,soon as I saw the picture i COULDN'T BELIEVE HE WAS 17.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 10:11:48 AM »
I remember it had a youth player in Alabama that some questions came up ith. The youth man was built like shortsnegger and he parents saying he's a U14. The dad said he bought the yute a bow flex and put it next to his bed so the yute always working out.

Eh you sholuda see the yute man, when he hit the ball keepers diving the opposite way. ODP coaches were hesitant to choose him because they did not believe his age. I think they ran some test and determined that he was younger than even his parents were saying he was.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 10:22:21 AM »
Looking at some more pictures, he really look kinda youngish when he smilling. I eh think he's no 17, though. Maybe de low 20's.

If he's really 17, that's a hard luck facially.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »

Ah like his agent explanation for his aged look. Man say is due to his difficult upbringing  ???

Max Evangelista is a journalist, not his agent.

But yeah, his face real hardluck...

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:20:43 PM »
There was a kid in my school year who looked 20 years older than he was - it happens sometimes

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »
dais either lebron james or greg oden son

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 05:03:29 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:Just night before after an indoor sweat me and some bredren (including a Cameroonian) was getting we kicks on dem African and dey age issues, ah had to show dem dis one.

Oh and dat one picture with him bareback, my goodness, he could safely pass as a 30+ year old:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »
No ID required to consume alcohol there
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »
Man, that is a tricky one to figure out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 09:59:20 PM »

Honestly thought the first pic I saw was photoshopped... but this one makes it seem legit.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »

Honestly thought the first pic I saw was photoshopped... but this one makes it seem legit.

Actually, I thought that about both photos!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 10:21:18 PM »
Actually, I thought that about both photos!!

Still had my doubts after seeing the shower pic... but there are many others out there that convinced me.  I actually thought the story was satire at first.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 10:32:44 PM »
Check him here, he looks older than the man he took the photo with lol....Charlie Adam is ah next one who have it rough and ah sure he does pull some fine birds in Stoke nation

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1959037-joseph-minala-and-10-footballers-who-look-older-than-they-are#articles/1959037-joseph-minala-and-10-footballers-who-look-older-than-they-are

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 09:16:24 AM »

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »
That fella ain't 17...no way.  These African countries gotta get their birth registration sh*t sorted out. 

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
There was a kid in my school year who looked 20 years older than he was - it happens sometimes

tiresais u went pres?   around my time there (early 90s) had a fella called kurt who had a beard from like form 2.  i wonder what ever happened to him.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 04:40:30 PM »

tiresais u went pres?   around my time there (early 90s) had a fella called kurt who had a beard from like form 2.  i wonder what ever happened to him.

Hah nah I'm British, grew up in SE London. Seriously tho this kid in my year was literally growing a beard at 13/14

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 05:57:24 PM »
In Form one we had a giant fella with hair on he chest and everything. We used to call him Big Breed.
If he didn't have on a uniform I woulda thought he was de maths teacher or something
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 07:07:14 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mourinho: Eto'o reports a 'disgrace'
By Kevin Palmer (soccernet.com).

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has claimed the French reporter who published his off-the-record comments about Blues striker Samuel Eto’o is a disgrace and should be embarrassed by his actions.

Mourinho was quoted by French television station Canal Plus commenting about Cameroon striker Eto'o's age, while he also appeared to question the qualities of his other strikers Fernando Torres and Demba Ba. Canal Plus did not broadcast the footage along with their main interview with the Portuguese coach but later published it online, before removing it later on Monday.

While Canal Plus was waiting for an interview with Mourinho last week in Nyon, Switzerland, it filmed him talking with a Swiss businessman at a sponsor event. Broadcast on Monday, when Chelsea were heading to Istanbul to play Galatasaray in the Champions League last 16, the clip shows Mourinho saying: "The problem with Chelsea is we lack a scorer. I have one (Samuel Eto'o) but he's 32. Maybe 35, who knows?"

Later, a clearly angered Mourinho was questioned about the comments by reporters at his news conference ahead of Wednesday's first leg at the Turk Telekom Arena, with his response leaving little to the imagination.

"I think you should be embarrassed as media professionals because by the ethical point of view, I don’t think you are happy your colleague is happy to be able to record a private conversation and to make it public," Mourinho said. "Is it a not happy comment? Absolutely, absolutely.

"I am not defending what I am saying, I am attacking something that is fundamental in your professional area. That person showed what he is or what he doesn’t know about the job. It was a funny conversation with someone who does not belong to the football world. It’s a disgrace.

"From my perspective, the comment is not a good one and not one I would do in a serious way, not something I would do in an official way. First of all because I don’t make fun, second if there are managers in the world that defend their players I am obviously one of them.

"I think you should all be embarrassed because it is against the ethic in your work. It is a real disgrace."

Mourinho went on to praise Eto’o and insisted the veteran marksman has no reason to feel any animosity towards his manager as the pair look to continue their successful working relationship.

"Samuel Eto’o is Samuel Eto’o," he added. "He is four times a Champions League winner. People think three times, but it is four times. One with Real Madrid, two with Barcelona, one with Inter [Milan].

"It was with him I had the best ever season of my career. He is one of the few players who is working with me at a second different club and a manager never does that when he doesn’t like the player, doesn’t like the person.

"He has no reason to be upset. A few years ago, he said he would not play with me, but a few years later he plays with me at Inter and now he plays with me here. There is no story."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>