March 28, 2024, 04:27:09 PM

Author Topic: Aubrey David Thread  (Read 53268 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aubrey David off to Finland for trial
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 08:13:54 AM »
David eyes return to Europe.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

National defender Aubrey David is expected to undergo trials in Europe in February as his stint with Finnish club FF Jaro has ended.

David had a relatively strong showing for T&T at the 2014 Caribbean Cup Finals and is hoping to secure another move to Europe.

“The deal has ended with Jaro and at the moment I’m home awaiting the new transfer window. There are a couple clubs that have expressed interest and I’m likely to go on trial early next year,” David said. “The club is from Ukraine and they’ve invited me to join them for a camp in Turkey in February. So hopefully I’ll be back out there in 2015.”

David said he was looking forward to 2015 calendar.

“Next year is another huge year for the national team with the Gold Cup coming up and of course we’re getting closer to the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

I think we ended 2014 in a good position by coming second in the Caribbean Cup. We have a lot of work to do still but we could look back and be pleased with some of the things we have accomplished in 2014.”

he better keep away from the ukriane
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aubrey David Thread
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 07:27:01 PM »
Defender Aubrey David has signed with FC Shakhter Karagandy of the Kazakhstan Premier League.
http://online.osterbottenstidning.fi/Artikel/Visa/53735
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 07:53:13 PM »
Defender Aubrey David has signed with FC Shakhter Karagandy of the Kazakhstan Premier League.
http://online.osterbottenstidning.fi/Artikel/Visa/53735

i guess our players cannot get into to stronger leagues any more
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 08:05:08 PM »
WATCH Aubrey David score a goal for FC Shakhter Karagandy against Macedonian club, FK Pelister Bitola, in a pre-season friendly.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cHjQ3Szwl04?start=32" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cHjQ3Szwl04?start=32</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2015, 02:30:41 AM »
David signs with Kazakhstan premier club.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National senior men’s defender Aubrey David agreed to a contract with Kazakhstan Premier League club FC Shakhter Karagandy.

David went on trial with Shakhter in Turkey during their preseason tour at which time he played four matches for the club over the past couple weeks.

“I’m really pleased about this because I had every intention to return to Europe after the Caribbean Cup last year and after my deal with Jaro ended in Finland,” David said.

“I got this opportunity to come on trials with Shakhter while they were in preseason in Turkey and I gave it my best shot. I think the coaches liked what they saw of me during the four games and then they offered me the contract. It’s a good step for me because I think playing out in Europe on a regular basis will help me continue to develop my game. My time in Finland definitely helped me last year.”

He remains committed to the national senior team for the upcoming calendar which includes the Concacaf Gold Cup in July and the Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign which begins for T&T in November.

“I’m always looking forward to that call from the national team.

“So once I’m match ready and free if injury, I’ll be hoping to be part of the team this year for the Gold Cup and the World Cup qualifiers,” said David, who follows national teammates Radanfah Abu Bakr and Robert Primus as those who’ve played in Kazakhstan.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Meet Rising Star Aubrey David
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »
Meet Rising Star Aubrey David
5050sportfactoryltd.com

There is no doubt that from birth this young man was destined for greatness. His name means “Fair leader of people”. He is one in a long line of famous people who share his first name; ranging from scientist to fellow athletes; he was bound for success from the inception.

Should I describe this talented young man, there are only two words that suffice – humble and spiritual. Aubrey David hails from deep Trinidad and has made his dreams a reality and continues to strive for excellence. Seemingly leading a well-balanced life, he praises God in everything and salutes the Almighty for his accomplishments. From emulating previous footballers who have represented Trinidad and Tobago, he has risen from a humble beginning to a budding career in Kazakhstan, where he is adamant that success is inevitable.

During Trinidad and Tobago’s presence and amazing performance at this year’s Gold Cup, Aubrey was most willing to chat with me and share his story and in the midst of it, remind us of how integral God is in everything that we do. Definitely an outstanding young man!

This week we present Rising Star, Aubrey David:

Q: Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about who you are.

A: My name is Aubrey David, and I’m 24. I am a Shakhter Karaganda (Kazakhstan) defender. I am an easy going person, I like the simple things in life and I’m quiet and friendly.

Q: Where are you from?

A: I was originally born in Guyana, and at the age of 3, I came to Trinidad with my mom and my brother. We currently live in Point Fortin, in Trinidad.

Q: What is your greatest joy?

A: Being able to make my family and friends proud of me. Taking care of them brings the greatest joy, and also serving God brings my greatest joy.

Q: Who has inspired you the most?

A: My mom and my dad inspire me the most.

Q: Which fellow footballer do you most admire?

A: The fellow footballer I admire the most is Densil Theobald; he is a true leader,on and off the field, a hard worker, a true role model.

Q: How and when did your career start?

A: My career started in 2008, with Southend F.C, under the coach Anthony Rougier, I was 18 at that time.

Q: What are your greatest accomplishments?

A: There are a few accomplishments. One is playing in a youth world cup. Secondly I scoring on my debut for the National Senior team, and thirdly, signing a professional contract in Europe. The most recent is playing in a Gold Cup.

Q: What would you say is your best attribute?

A: My best attribute is my energy and that I am versatile. I can use any foot comfortably.

Q: What is your biggest peeve?

A: Seeing girls smoking.

Q: What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?

A: I'm very shy at first, but when you get to know me you will realize I am a clown and I like to joke around.

Q: What is your ultimate dream?

A: My ultimate goal is to play in a World Cup, and win it.

Q: Describe the daily schedule of a National Footballer.

A: Well for me, my schedule is, as soon as I wake up I read my Bible and pray. Then we have meals, training and then resting. It’s not complicated. I read and pray before I go to bed, and then sleep.

Q: What does it mean to be a National Footballer?

A: Personally it means a lot to me to be a national athlete. Ever since I fell in love with the game at an early age, I always watched on Dwight Yorke, Carlos Edwards and Avery John on t.v, representing the country. I made dreams that I wanted to be there some day, and now I’m here, so it really means a lot to me and I thank the Lord for his many blessings,

Q: Who has been your most influential coach?

A: I have had a lot of influential coaches, like Anton Corneal, Howard Spence and Terrence Marcelle, but the most influential coach will have to Neville Fredericks. He taught me the game and the basics and fundamentals. He made me fall in love with game.

Q: How was your experience in your first game of the group stages against Guatemala at the Gold up?

A: My experience playing against Guatemala was a good one. It was a game of 2 halves, first half dominating the game, and2nd half having to defend a lot, but we got the victory. I’m proud of my team.

Q: What fuels your passion for football?

A: My passions came naturally.

Q: How is it at your new club in Kazakhstan?

A: It was a bit rough at my new club. I'm experiencing a lot of new things; a new culture, a new style of football. Also our club is at bottom of the table, so things are not that smooth.

Q: What do you enjoy aside from football?

A: I enjoy going to church, relaxing with my friends and family and just being around them. I also like playing video games and going to the beach.

Q: What is your favourite International team?

A: My favourite team is Arsenal; Dani Alves is my favourite player.

Q: What are your goals for 2015?

A: My goal for 2015 was to win the Gold Cup. Also to help the national team in the World Cup Qualifier campaign which starts later this year. I also plan to keep improving each and every day.

Q: What is your message to younger players looking on at you?

A: My advice to the youths is, nothing come easy! Success isn't given, you have to work hard for it. Key things to need to become successful are hard work, discipline, a strong mindset. However, most importantly you need a relationship with God, because “With God all things are possible!”, Matthew 19:26.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2015, 06:40:29 PM »
Nice read man, bless up Aubrey! We are both fans of mad Dani, hard luck with Assnal doh  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
This fellah seems like the real deal...he quietly takes care of business and imho was very impressive at the GC...Keep doing your thing man!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 02:28:25 AM »
David’s tough times in Kazakhstan.

National defender Aubrey David is getting some breathing space away from the rigors of club football in Kazakhstan. The 24 year old player, who has 22 international appearances for this country, has to be on top of his game for Premier Division club Shakhter Karangandy as they are battling relegation at the moment.

The club itself has a rich history, being the first and one of two clubs from Kazakhstan to reach the group stage of the UEFA Europa League. The also shocked Celtic 2-0 in the first leg of a UEFA Champions’ League group stage qualifier but lost the second leg.

Kazakhstan is the only Central Asian country to play in Europe. It joined UEFA in 2002 after competing for 10 years in the Asian Football Confederation.

“It’s a difficult period for the club at the moment. We are in a relegation battle at the moment and we have just a few games left in the season. Personally my position is okay but of course the main thing is for us to dig deep and see if we can salvage something. The club is known as one of the best in Kazakhstan but this season we dropped off and it has been a struggle for the most part,” David said.

“Now coming into the national team allows me to re-focus on international football again and it’s always a joy to play for the country. This game against Mexico is just another opportunity for us to test our ability as a team and to get more familiar with playing top teams on the international stage.

“This is the purpose of being out here, trying to improve every day and get ourselves ready for the World Cup qualifiers. I have every bit of faith that we can pull it off and go on to greater things.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2015, 02:01:53 AM »
David: Team unity is strong.

The progress shown by the national senior men’s team over the past six months of so deserves a fair amount of commendation.

Following defeats to Jamaica in the Caribbean Cup Finals in October and then a 1-0 defeat to Panama with a largely home-based team in March, the “Soca Warriors” have risen to the call, particularly after the dismal showing in Jordan.

Two successive draws with Mexico which provided non-stop action and enjoyable goals and then a win away to Panama have provided evidence that the team is on track but will need to continue to plugging away heading into the Concacaf semi-final World Cup qualifying round next month.

Defender Aubrey David, who is based in Kazakhstan, believes that a strong team unity on and off the pitch is a major factor in the team’s run.

“We have a strong bond. A lot of us have played together from the youth teams come up and then with new players that may be coming in, we make it our duty to make everyone fit it and to learn more about each other on a daily basis, especially when we are in camp,” David said.

“This journey so far has been a great one. We have our ups and downs but it’s all part of the process of building the right team to go forward. Players will fight for each other and we have a staff that is going all out to ensure things are in place.

“There will always be some bit of challenges but so far we have shown that we can overcome them and keep moving forward. That is very important for us as a team.

“Hopefully the support will come for us. I think once we continue to get the right preparations then beating the best teams in Concacaf is not impossible for us.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2015, 11:21:11 AM »
National defender Aubrey David has signed a one-year contract with Costa Rican powerhouse, Deportivo Saprissa. Aubrey will join the club after Trinidad and Tobago’s Copa America playoff match against Haiti which takes place on January 8th 2016. Saprissa is the most successful Costa Rican football club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »
Great news he will get good exposure over there. Only 1 year on the contract though. He will need to impress.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2015, 12:37:50 PM »
One plus one option at his request. Saprissa was ready to make it 2 years...Atlanta 2017 is ready for him. They wanted to put him in USL in 2016 leading up to their first MLS season. Saprissa was a much better option. Also declined offer from Edmonton for what is considered close to top money in NASL.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
Great news, congrats Aubrey, father thanks for this and help us keep out blight in all forms...

http://www.concacaf.com/article/saprissa-signs-tt-intl-david-parker
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:23:52 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2015, 08:46:23 PM »
Good news after the recent shocker with Keron Cummings
Saprissa. Nice. More exposure spreading throughout Central America.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
David ready for new chapter
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2015, 10:08:30 AM »
David ready for new chapter
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Trinidad and Tobago defender Aubrey David is preparing for a new move in his professional career after signing a new one-year deal with CONCACAF and Costa Rica club giants Deportivo Saprissa.

David was based in Kazakhstan previously but completed the move this month and is expected to join the club following T&T’s Copa America Centenario qualifier with Haiti in Panama City on January 8th.

Currently in camp with the T&T Team, the former Caledonia AIA/ Guyanese-born defender spoke about the new deal, saying “I’ve just signed the new one year deal with Saprissa and I’d like to thank God for this opportunity. They are the most successful club in Costa Rica and I am very happy about this move.

“An agent from Italy was instrumental in this deal. He told me they were interested and he sent them videos of my performance and they offered the deal. The head coach Paolo Wanchope said he spoke to Stephen Hart and he had a lot of good things to say about me, so I’d like to thank coach for the recommendation also,” David added.

“I’ve had a good experience in Europe while playing in Kazakhstan and I’m grateful for being able to spend that period of my career out there. It helped me to develop my game both on and off the field and now I’m ready to enter a new chapter in my career.

Looking ahead to the upcoming match with Haiti, David said he was optimistic about the team’s chances of advancing.

“Unity is the key for us and that has been a big part of the team. I think all the players want to keep working hard and giving their best for the coach, the fans and the country in general. We know it will be a very difficult game in Panama because of what is at stake but I feel confident that we can come out on top,” the former T&T Under 20 and Under 17 defender said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 08:36:33 AM »
Since his arrival in Costa Rica, Aubrey David has impressed the coaching staff at Deportivo Saprissa. Head Coach Carlos Watson says that Aubrey is an athlete with great qualities, notably strength, speed, and good technique.
http://www.crhoy.com/aubrey-david-destaca-por-su-fuerza-y-velocidad/deportes/

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 09:40:42 AM »
I feel David should be playing for T&T more regular.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 10:07:36 AM »
WATCH: Check out the line of people waiting to see Saprissa train
https://www.facebook.com/yashin.quesada/videos/1022188281173251/

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:26:23 AM by Tallman »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 10:34:27 AM »
Yup, a real football culture

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 12:22:23 PM »
My friend from El Salvador told me Costa Rica is considered the Switzerland of Central America.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 12:27:54 PM »
Sarprissa is a REAL FOOTBALL CLUB. No rumshop team.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 01:17:44 PM »

Yet only last week a player from the T&T national team currently playing in Pro League opted to decline an offer with a mid table team of Costa Rica

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »

Yet only last week a player from the T&T national team currently playing in Pro League opted to decline an offer with a mid table team of Costa Rica

What's wrong with that?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 01:55:02 PM »
Who of Aubrey and Mekeil could use their right foot better?  As a fan and observing both players they should be our starting wing backs unless their right foot is a true walking stick

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 03:00:54 PM »
Who of Aubrey and Mekeil could use their right foot better?  As a fan and observing both players they should be our starting wing backs unless their right foot is a true walking stick

Mekeil is equally strong with both feet and very comfortable on his right.  So much so that he shot his penalty in the GC right footed.  Haven't really observed how well David uses his right.  I like your idea though.  I still see value in Cyrus but more from an offensive standpoint.  I wouldn't mind seeing him get an opportunity in the pivot.  He is calm under pressure, deceptively strong and can dribble better than defenders usually can.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 03:25:59 PM »

Mekeil is equally strong with both feet and very comfortable on his right.  So much so that he shot his penalty in the GC right footed.  Haven't really observed how well David uses his right.  I like your idea though.  I still see value in Cyrus but more from an offensive standpoint.  I wouldn't mind seeing him get an opportunity in the pivot.  He is calm under pressure, deceptively strong and can dribble better than defenders usually can.

Scorpion, I used to think the same until he reveal himself to be a liability in recent matches.  In those games he was very slow and sometimes too predictable, when I think of attacking wingbacks in the modern game if you not bringing it like Alves/Alba and don't have the fitness to run back at least firm up the back!  Maybe it's a confidence thing and/or he in a bad patch, don't know...Hart going w/him, so clearly coach prefers this set up, but boy oh boy, really scary last few games when he has exposed himself....

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
Both Williams and David are right- footed. For that reason you dont see many crosses or too much overlapping from both.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »
WATCH: Nice Aubrey David compilation

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QSj3pd_OC-s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QSj3pd_OC-s</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 04:15:41 PM »

Scorpion, I used to think the same until he reveal himself to be a liability in recent matches.  In those games he was very slow and sometimes too predictable, when I think of attacking wingbacks in the modern game if you not bringing it like Alves/Alba and don't have the fitness to run back at least firm up the back!  Maybe it's a confidence thing and/or he in a bad patch, don't know...Hart going w/him, so clearly coach prefers this set up, but boy oh boy, really scary last few games when he has exposed himself....

Is a weird thing because he has great speed that is evident when he has to recover his position.  He has a very languid and deliberate look when dribbling almost reminds me (strictly in the speed of movement and not skill) of Berbatov.  He is speedy off the ball but on it he really is not.  I think it's a bad patch with him tho and it seems like he has become some posters new whipping boy where he gets singled out even when not at fault for anything.

1]; } ?>