March 28, 2024, 12:42:41 PM

Author Topic: Aubrey David Thread  (Read 53254 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Aubrey David Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2016, 10:18:46 AM »
Excellent insight into Aubrey and his club.  Good work Shaun!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2016, 09:43:38 AM »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »
http://yashinquesada.com/futbol-nacional/28-la-primera/12683-david-ramirez-y-aubrey-david-con-altas-opciones-de-dejar-el-saprissa

He has received offers from Real Salt Lake, Houston Dynamo and DC United

Wonderful!! Why are our guys being primarily scouted by the MLS! Imagine we don't hv one PL player!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2016, 01:28:56 PM »
http://yashinquesada.com/futbol-nacional/28-la-primera/12683-david-ramirez-y-aubrey-david-con-altas-opciones-de-dejar-el-saprissa

Wonderful!! Why are our guys being primarily scouted by the MLS! Imagine we don't hv one PL player!

Right now our players aren't attracting PL attention because we not good enough!  We probably could and maybe should get some Championship attention.  BREXIT may presents a new set of problems depending on work permit rules and UKs EU relationship going forward.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2016, 04:13:03 PM »

Right now our players aren't attracting PL attention because we not good enough!  We probably could and maybe should get some Championship attention.  BREXIT may presents a new set of problems depending on work permit rules and UKs EU relationship going forward.

Joevin jones and Molino not good enough?

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2016, 05:45:05 PM »

They're good for MLS, so they would be good for Championship, not EPL.
Like I said before, only Levi Garcia and John Bostock have potential to be EPL players, in my opinion. Not sure about Molino yet, but he's doing a great job in MLS.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »

Spot on!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2016, 06:25:08 AM »

Like I said before, only Levi Garcia and John Bostock have potential to be EPL players, in my opinion. Not sure about Molino yet, but he's doing a great job in MLS.

They're good IN MLS, as a post to for. Molino coach, had said that Molino is as good as any, kaka also said that he wld recommend him to his former club, which is a top club worldwide, even better quality than the PL imho... Serie A. Joevin had been spoken off highly as well with SH saying that even Joevin himself does not realize how good he is.

Mekeil is another one that cld be added. Idk about bostock, haven't seen him play, videos are not enough for me as it just shows selective moments, as a post to a entire game where you can observe off the ball movement etc.

As a fan it's just kinda sad to see such talents compromised in the sense that, I think they're limiting themselves

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2016, 08:21:50 AM »

First of all, unless a loophole can be found, they would not be able to get a work permit because T&T is not ranked in the top 50.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »

They're good IN MLS, as a post to for. Molino coach, had said that Molino is as good as any, kaka also said that he wld recommend him to his former club, which is a top club worldwide, even better quality than the PL imho... Serie A. Joevin had been spoken off highly as well with SH saying that even Joevin himself does not realize how good he is.

Mekeil is another one that cld be added. Idk about bostock, haven't seen him play, videos are not enough for me as it just shows selective moments, as a post to a entire game where you can observe off the ball movement etc.

As a fan it's just kinda sad to see such talents compromised in the sense that, I think they're limiting themselves

Sorry for the English, I'm Brazilian, still learning.  :P

Kaká former club was São Paulo, not Milan. Are you sure he was talking about Milan?
Don't get me wrong, I love Molino, he's my favorite T&T player, but I'm not sure if he's EPL level yet.
Agree about Mekeil.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2016, 10:08:08 PM »

Kaká former club was São Paulo, not Milan. Are you sure he was talking about Milan?
Don't get me wrong, I love Molino, he's my favorite T&T player, but I'm not sure if he's EPL level yet.
Agree about Mekeil.
He was asked by a reporter if he would recommend any of his Orlando teammates to Milan. He couldn't really answer, 'No,' because that would be rude. So he picked his best/favorite teammate. I don't think it's any deeper than that, really.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2016, 10:46:21 AM »

Agree about Mekeil.
He was asked by a reporter if he would recommend any of his Orlando teammates to Milan. He couldn't really answer, 'No,' because that would be rude. So he picked his best/favorite teammate. I don't think it's any deeper than that, really.

Hm... I think he praised Higuita too. And there was rumors he received offers from Milan.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2016, 10:17:34 PM »
Good news :beermug:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2016, 05:28:28 AM »
Glad for de youth.

Nice player.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2016, 08:44:38 AM »
Glad for de youth.

Nice player.

Yeah Sam, love his attitude. He is also an intelligent player
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »
Defender Aubrey David makes his MLS debut tonight for FC Dallas vs Seattle Sounders. He will do battle with international teammate Joevin Jones who is in Seattle’s starting lineup.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2016, 06:02:14 AM »
Dallas AND Aubrey David...Yikes!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Aubrey David Thread
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2016, 06:17:49 AM »
Nightmare debut for Aubrey. He was beaten to the ball on the third and last goal. Hopefully it was just a freak display and it will be up from here on...
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2016, 07:46:14 AM »
Nightmare debut for Aubrey. He was beaten to the ball on the third and last goal. Hopefully it was just a freak display and it will be up from here on...

Ah find he coulda do better as well in terms of disrupting de sequence of events that led to Joevin's goal.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2016, 08:44:40 AM »
The MLS is a high intensity league and it's tough to just be thrown into the mix without much preparation or not even a preseason. I think he'll catch on eventually.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aubrey David makes seamless transition to MLS, FC Dallas
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2016, 08:03:27 PM »
Aubrey David makes seamless transition to MLS, FC Dallas
By Stephen Hunt (The Dallas Morning News)

Aubrey David has been in Texas for only about 30 days or so, but what a month it's been for the FC Dallas defender.

David, 25, joined FCD on loan from CD Saprissa of the Costa Rican first division on July 4 as the MLS summer transfer window opened. A regular with the Trinidad and Tobago national team, David made his MLS debut July 13 at Seattle, when he faced off against T&T teammate Joevin Jones.

David also started on July 16 against Chicago and in FCD's 1-0 win at Houston last Wednesday in the quarterfinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. With his 6-2 frame, his strength in the air and a bite in his game, David has been a welcome addition to an undermanned Dallas back line. Stalwart defender Zach Loyd, FCD's longest-tenured player, remains sidelined with concussion symptoms.

"I think what has contributed to make it easy is the guys," David said. "The guys welcomed me when I came, and then I had a week to train with them before I could get my pass [to play], so I got accustomed to their styles very quickly."

At Seattle, David started at left back but shifted to center back four minutes in when Maynor Figueroa was ejected for what was ruled a deliberate hand ball. David, who can also play right back, then started at center back against Chicago and at Houston in the Open Cup.

FCD defender/midfielder Ryan Hollingshead started alongside David against the Fire and continues to be impressed with what a quick study David has been.

"He's done well," Hollingshead said. "It's hard to move, come to a new area, a new team and just start jelling right away, and I feel like he has been doing that. Him having to jump in there fast is not an easy task, but he's been doing well."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2016, 06:07:12 AM »
Great! Good Luck!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Atiba Harris' suspension thrusts spotlight on fullback Aubrey David
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2016, 09:12:53 AM »
Atiba Harris' suspension thrusts spotlight on fullback Aubrey David
By Jon Arnold (The Dallas Morning News)

After facing a Sporting Kansas City team missing two starters because of suspension, FC Dallas has its own absence to fill when it meets Real Salt Lake on Saturday.

Atiba Harris, who has often started at right back this season, was given his fifth yellow card in the 2-2 draw with SKC, triggering a one-match suspension for yellow-card accumulation.

It's an opportunity that might appear tailor-made for Trinidad and Tobago international Aubrey David, who joined FCD on loan in July from Costa Rican club Saprissa. But David wasn't on the training field Tuesday after having his wisdom teeth removed earlier in the day.

The fullback said he's feeling "much better than I expected" after the surgery and probably will start Saturday.

While David has played just two league games since joining FCD, he said he's not upset that coach Oscar Pareja hasn't given him more time.

"At this moment, maybe he doesn't see me in his plan, but the team has continued to do fabulous, so at this point I can't complain," he said. "I just have to wait and be patient until he calls me in, and when I get there, I'll try to do my best. But it doesn't really affect me at all because the team has been doing wonderful."

For Pareja, building depth has been a focus, and every player needs to be ready.

"I think the philosophy always has been, 'Let's get the next on the list,' and the players here have worked hard during the season," Pareja said. "We have a roster that has been built with the intention of having any player, any time on the field. The absence of one player just brings the opportunity to another one. At least, that's the way we look at it."

That philosophy has won over David, who said he loves working with Pareja.

David said the 48-year-old coach "makes you feel comfortable, he shows his confidence in you, he talks to you on a personal level, 'This is what I like. This is what I'd like to see.' He makes jokes. He just makes you feel so comfortable.

"It's not like a coach-player relationship, it's more like a bigger brother relationship. He has been fabulous. I'm very impressed with his coaching techniques, and I like him a lot."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2016, 06:48:43 AM »
Aubrey won a US Open Cup winner's medal with FC Dallas after they defeat New England Revolution 4-2.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2016, 01:50:03 AM »
David: Faith will determine our future.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

US-based defender Aubrey David described Tuesday’s World Cup qualifying encounter as a miserable but character building experience.

David played in T&T’s two opening matches including the 2-0 loss to Costa Rica five days prior, in which his Saprissa teammate Rodrigo Calvo left the field with an ankle injury.

But Tuesday’s defeat was not a pleasing one for the Dallas FC player.

“It was by far one of the more disappointing feelings for us. We had a lot of hopes heading into the match.

“Coach prepared us for it. He told us what to expect but we didn’t start well. We were a but shaken up when Jan (Michael Williams) got injured because we were not prepared for something like that,” David said.

“But we came out in the second half following coach’s advice and we got into the game. We got the equaliser but they proved to be too strong on the evening for us.

“We will know better from here. There were a lot of things evident from this such as us needing to start stronger and try to take charge of the game.

“We need to keep our heads up in bad moments and try to get back into the game without allowing it to slip away from us.

“I always believe that God has his plans for us and through him everything is possible. I have faith and belief that he will take us out of this bad patch.

“It is important that all of us believe in him and believe in our ability as a team to rise again. We all have bad moments, we may not always play our best games but we can improve with a lot more belief and fight in our game.

“ I am not fearful of the opposition going into the next set of matches.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
David eager for new quest under Saintfiet
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »
David eager for new quest under Saintfiet
TTFA Media

National team defender Aubrey David could be heading back to Costa Rican top flight club Deportivo Saprissa following his loan spell at FC Dallas in American Major League Soccer this past season.

Contract options for David and a few of his teammates were not exercised by Dallas which means the player is likely to move on after his loan deal ends this month.

“The situation as it is right now, is that I could head back to Saprissa because I am still under contract with the club or I could go somewhere else on loan depending on what options they take up. The season at Dallas was quite positive for me. It was good to get a change in settings and to experience a league that is continuing to grow,” the 26-year-old David said yesterday.

“But yes, going back to Saprissa is a possibility and of course, I have a good relationship there with the team and the fans so it will not be a step down in anyway because its a big club in Concacaf.”

David has been included in a Senior Team training squad under Tom Saintfiet ahead of the two upcoming Friendlies against Nicaragua and he is anticipating to chance to be part of the new coach’s plans.

“It is always an honour to get selected for a national team and now also under the new head coach because sometimes you never know what the new boss has in his mind and it means players have to show their value and earn their selection. So for me it’s the same goal, which is to give my best under the new coach and get back to working towards that ambition of qualifying for Russia 2018,” David said.

David, who made twelve starts and fourteen appearances this season since July for Dallas, previously played for Finnish club FF Jaro and Morvant Caledonia United.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2017, 06:01:57 AM »
Aubrey returns to Costa Rica’s Saprissa.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National defender Aubrey David is set to return to Costa Rican club Deportivo Saprissa.

The former Caledonia AIA player completed his loan move to Dallas FC in the MLS and will fly back to Costa Rica after the two CFU playoff matches against Suriname and Haiti this month.

“I will return to Saprissa after we play Haiti. I still have until May on my contract there so I will see whether they will send me out on loan again or whether I will remain there and then see what happens in May,” David said.

“I feel good about returning because I enjoyed a good spell at Saprissa earlier on and the club is among the best in Concacaf.”

However recent developments have indicated that Saprissa could send David on loan to another club due to a shortage of international spots on their roster at the moment.

Saprissa recently won the Costa Rican national league title.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2017, 11:10:44 AM »

1]; } ?>