April 25, 2024, 09:20:52 PM

Author Topic: Vicious,Brutal,Sadistic  (Read 6086 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Vicious,Brutal,Sadistic
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:05 PM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,193733.html

Did any of you guys see this on Facebook ? I saw it ,  If this was my daughter i do not know what i might have done .

Is either we spare the rod and spoil the child or bend the tree when it is young .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Vicious,Brutal,Sadistic
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:21:18 PM »
steups...is only licks they can respond to...beat dem..

both sisters including the one that got the licks did a video explaining the situation...they both admitted the licks was a last resort but was necessary

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:45:04 PM »
I think it's interesting how hypocritical times have become.  Suddenly a cut tail deserves scrutiny because it on FB. hmm.  90% of T&T grow up on that.   She lucky mame didn't put her to kneel down with her hands up in the air holding to big stone.   :rotfl:   I just remember that oui... kneeling down...ha ha. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »
I think it's interesting how hypocritical times have become.  Suddenly a cut tail deserves scrutiny because it on FB. hmm.  90% of T&T grow up on that.   She lucky mame didn't put her to kneel down with her hands up in the air holding to big stone.   :rotfl:   I just remember that oui... kneeling down...ha ha. 
I thought I was the only one who was disciplined like that?!  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 11:04:25 PM »

u had it easy...i had to kneel on graters...

Kamla talk a talk about looking to ban corporal punishment in the home...that would be the end of society as we know it...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:07:52 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:15 PM »
Right?   :rotfl:   Muks I never did the grater thing but I heard of it.  Socapro I nearly dead when those memories flashed into my mind.  Imagine seeing that on FB.   :D   Police will be on their way. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 11:47:54 PM »
Why Kamla doh ban puncheon.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Mom ready for jail after facebook beating of child.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 01:56:15 AM »
Mom who beat 12-year-old daughter on Facebook will do anything to set her child right ...Girl says sorry for bringing shame to family
By Michelle Loubon

READY FOR JAIL

In the aftermath of the posting of a video on Facebook showing her beating her 12-year-old daughter, Point Fortin mother Helen Bartlett says she is “prepared to go to jail” to set her child on the right path.
The mother of four yesterday said her daughter was her “problem child” who might be “acting out” because of neglect on her father’s part.
Bartlett made these statements during a radio interview with journalists Dale Enoch and Tony Lee on i95.5 FM yesterday morning. They shared data which revealed about 72 per cent of the respondents support her action, while 28 per cent did not agree with the mode of discipline.
Bartlett’s elder daughter and the 12-year-old “problem child” have since posted a counter video in support of their mother. They both said she was a good mother who just wanted what was best for her childr­en.
Bartlett’s action has sparked debate over whether she was engaging in discipline or child abuse.
Asked if she had any regrets, Bartlett said: “No. I don’t have any regrets on the discipline, but on the views of the wider nation.”
On the question of support, Bart­lett said: “I am getting support. And I have support from my family and from her. The child is supporting me, too.”
Asked what could have triggered such a severe beating, she said: “She has been my problem child. You know they say in every family, there is a problem child. I have been talking to her. I have tried nume­rous methods. I have even tried to get counselling.”
Amid the chorus of condemnation, Bartlett said she was yet to hear from the child’s father—a police­man.
She said: “I am yet to hear where is the father? I am yet to get a phone call from him. The video has gone viral. She is crying out for her father. And I am yet to see him. The video went out on Sunday. And today is Wednesday. I am doing this on my own.”
Asked if there was any communication between the child and her father, Bartlett said: “He is blatantly telling her he does not want to have anything to do with her. She just has this attachment to her dad. I believe she started acting out after the separation. She was very close to him. After the separation, that is when the problem started.”
Bartlett said “the danger... boys like sharks on foot... was even greater” since the girl started secon­dary school.
With a sense of pride, she said: “She is pretty, well educated. She is intelligent, but she has a sense of low self-esteem. She wants to be with the ‘in’ crowd.”
Bartlett said times have changed from when there was a stronger sense of community and when “Uncle Tom by the shop was my uncle”.
Asked if she regretted her action which was intended to “shame” her daughter, Bartlett said: “I believe she has to have shame that way. I don’t want her to be 14 or 15 and she comes home pregnant and I wake up and don’t find her in her bed. And I find her in Toco dead.”
Bartlett added: “I stand firmly by my decision. I will go to jail for it. I know people are saying the authorities should charge me for abuse. She is not supposed to be putting her underwear on Facebook.”
Giving details on what triggered the beating, she said: “She received a text message. I got a text message with she and a young man who was convincing her to have sex with him. The boy is around her age. I told her once school open you will get a “cut skin” (vernacular for licks). I can’t deal with the lies.”
Bartlett said she enquired about her daughter’s profiles and while viewing them, she saw “seductive poses”.
She said: “You in a vest and your underwear! What statement is that? And for a 12-year-old child?”
While she could monitor her at home, she said, “I can’t go in her class. I don’t know what is going on when I send her to school.”
Asked about her daughter, she said: “She is coping unexpectedly well. She said, ‘I did not mean to put you through this stress.’ She has sense. She apologised. And she is coping well. She is spiritually grounded. I don’t know where that (indecent exposure) came from.”
Although she has not returned to school yet, Bartlett said she has alerted her to what will unfold at school. “I have mentally stabilised her for that because I expect what will happen.”
In the counter video posted on Facebook, her elder daughter said Bartlett’s actions “were a last resort” to prevent her daughter from the path of teenaged pregnancy. The beaten child has apologised to her mother and family.
The elder daughter said: “That 12-year-old has been putting my mother through a lot. My mom is not a bad mother. Every day since primary school, people are saying mom should ground her. And mom tried all of that.
“People are saying you should take away her phone. As for the people who asked why she was on Facebook, she was not living with us. She was living with her grandmother. Facebook was a way to communicate with her.”
She said: “My mom is very sorry for what happened with the video going viral. And she knew this would have stopped it. The road my sister was heading down was teenaged pregnancy. She saw this as a way she could stop it. My sister has learnt her lesson.”
Defending her mother’s actions, she said: “She loves us dearly. Any parent that did not love their child would have let her do that. The guys are putting a lot of stress on the family. I am pretty sure she will not be on Facebook till 65.”
She added: “There is no male figure. She (her mother) is doing it on her own. She will go to the end of the earth for us. She is in her bedroom crying and praying. She was trying to teach her a lesson.”
Appealing for children to be more responsible on social media, she said: “This is a wake-up call to all children on Facebook. Have respect and dignity.”
Then the video shifted to the 12-year-old saying to her mother, “I am very sorry for bringing shame on you and the family. I know you love me dearly. And I love you dearly, too.”
She also had advice for her peers.
“You watch this video and try to make it better. You are a special piece of God’s puzzle. And don’t let what happen to me happen to you also.”
She cleared the air on views she might plunge into depression and commit suicide saying, “I love myself too much.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mom ready for jail after facebook beating of child.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:56 AM »
I heard this on the radio the yesterday and strangely enough most of the callers agreed with the mother. I'm no parent, yet anyway but if I were to find my 12 year old daughter posing and posting pics on facebook in her underwear and such, I'm not sure how I might react.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »
I understand the cut-ass... but the shaming part, I have issues with that.  I'm not condemning her still, but I don't agree with her filming and publishing the beating.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 06:57:46 PM »
Anybody have a link to the vid?

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »
I understand the cut-ass... but the shaming part, I have issues with that.  I'm not condemning her still, but I don't agree with her filming and publishing the beating.

this

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 08:33:43 PM »
True....but I was reading I felt as if the mother used the filming and publishing as a way to get the dad's attention.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »
True....but I was reading I felt as if the mother used the filming and publishing as a way to get the dad's attention.
Makes a lot of sense if he has been missing in action and she needs his input with the children.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 08:39:55 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »
Nah, I just watched the video mihself and the mother's words and actions make it clear that she was intent on shaming the child.  I don't think the beating was necessarily "vicious"... but it was too much.  I didn't count, but she hit that child too many times.  The message was communicated, and I'm sure the lesson was learned, inside of a minute or two.  That video went on for 6 minutes, with a solid half of it being licks.  Discipline was necessary, some would even say (and I won't argue) that some blows have to pass, but the punishment must fit the crime.

On a separate but related note... Trinidad in dire need of a corporal punishment statute.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 08:47:54 PM »
I got my fair share of that and I took my licks proper the only obligations I had was getting a dose in front of friends at home or at school from my parents. If I was in that girl shoes, from the time I see I was about to get a session in front of the camera, I was jumping out the window!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Children's Task Force member: Don't Demonise Mom
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 08:48:32 PM »
Children's Task Force member: Don't Demonise Mom
By Sue-Ann Wayow sue-ann.wayow@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Apr 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM ECT (T&T Express)

THE mother seen in a Facebook video beating her 12-year-old
daughter with a belt was trying to make a point to the child and
should not be demonised for doing so.

This is according to Children's Task Force member Rhondall Feeles
who said his opinion varied from other Task Force members.
Feeles told the Express negative comments by members of the public would encourage the child to think she was abused and not disciplined.

The six minute video of the mother has gone viral on Facebook with more than 16,000 shares up to late yesterday evening. In the video, the mother said she beat her daughter because she had posted
indecent photos of herself on the same site.

Minister of State in Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development Raziah Ahmed has criticised the posting of the video and the actions demonstrated. However, Many Express bloggers have shown support for the woman while some disagreed.

Feeles said: "I am a member of a task force ready to arrest mothers who do not make reports of pregnancy and sexual acts mandatory, but they are ready to crucify a mother who takes a step to discipline her child and prevent her from engaging in the same acts."

"We have sent a very dangerous message to the young children in society who are monitoring how this mother is being demonised," he said.

He said the lack of proper discipline by parents and teachers was the cause of many problems in the country's society.

"The mother as a parent must set some law and order. If we keep letting the rights of the child supersede the rights of the parent, the only thing we will have them to do, as we are seeing now, is dragging these children before the courts and filling up the homes, filling up YTC (Youth Training Centre) where they will be disciplined possibly in the very same way or even a harsher measure when they get to these places," Feeles said.

He said: "The mother trying to discipline the child now has become the problem instead of what the child really has done."
Feeles said: "The same place (on-line) where everybody could see her getting licks, that was the same place she was before posting half nude pictures. The mother seems to say, if you can post these pictures and not be ashamed, don't be ashamed if I am disciplining you for the very same people. Let me show them that you are a little girl and you need to be corrected. I wouldn't say that I totally agree but I wouldn't say I disagree either."

However, he did not agree with the mother using obscene language.
Feeles said he was grateful for the beatings he received as a child and he hoped leaders would not stray from the main problem which was "a 12-year-old girl brave and courageous enough to be posting half naked pictures on Facebook".
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:45:51 PM by Socapro »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 09:40:57 PM »
Take she phone and send her to her room, with no tv, no liming and no friends for 2 months.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »
Nah, I just watched the video mihself and the mother's words and actions make it clear that she was intent on shaming the child.  I don't think the beating was necessarily "vicious"... but it was too much.  I didn't count, but she hit that child too many times.  The message was communicated, and I'm sure the lesson was learned, inside of a minute or two.  That video went on for 6 minutes, with a solid half of it being licks.  Discipline was necessary, some would even say (and I won't argue) that some blows have to pass, but the punishment must fit the crime.

On a separate but related note... Trinidad in dire need of a corporal punishment statute.

Bakes I interested in what punishment will fit the crime of your 12 year old posting x-rated selfies on the internet.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 11:11:53 PM »
Take she phone and send her to her room, with no tv, no liming and no friends for 2 months.

i think u will find that children these days would rather licks than the above...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 11:13:24 PM »

12 year old does "lime" in Trinidad now?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 11:34:15 PM »
Nah, I just watched the video mihself and the mother's words and actions make it clear that she was intent on shaming the child.  I don't think the beating was necessarily "vicious"... but it was too much.  I didn't count, but she hit that child too many times.  The message was communicated, and I'm sure the lesson was learned, inside of a minute or two.  That video went on for 6 minutes, with a solid half of it being licks. Discipline was necessary, some would even say (and I won't argue) that some blows have to pass, but the punishment must fit the crime.

Bakes I interested in what punishment will fit the crime of your 12 year old posting x-rated selfies on the internet.

You really need to ask?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 01:06:15 AM »
Time for an alternative viewpoint ... given that it's sorely (pun unintended) absent on this thread.

Clearly, the video of the lashes was posted because the inappropriate conduct was exhibited on social media. Thus, the mother is disciplining in a manner she views directly correlated and responsive to that inappropriate conduct. She pauses several times to talk to her daughter ... what Facebook is for and not for ("the ideas yuh sending on Faacebook encouraging the wrong set ah responses" ... and "since allyuh like allyuh life on Facebook"), problems with inappropriate conduct on social sites ("where yuh panty supposed to be ... why ah seeing it on Facebook?"), teenage pregnancy ("teenage pregnancy is not something I want in my house"), focus on school ("Justin is a subject?" .... "study yuh book, yuh book, yuh  :cursing: book") etc.

These are clear messages with no half stepping. They no doubt resonated with the other daughters in the household. Shaming has some value ... particularly when the conduct involved is conduct of which one would and should be ashamed?

The video also sends a message to the boys as well.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:10:39 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
e
Girl’s dad plans libel suit against mother
Published:
Friday, April 25, 2014
Kevon Felmine

Text Size: 

Helen Bartlett
The father of the 12-year-old girl whose Facebook flogging post has created a firestorm of comments over discipline has disputed her mother’s claim that he was a deadbeat dad. He spoke on Vibe CT 105.1 FM’s Mixed Nuts morning programme yesterday but declined to reveal his name due to his occupation. The man said he had always been there for his children. However, he admitted since his separation from Helen Bartlett, the mother of the children there were some problems which hindered his communication with his two daughters. He said he was only made aware of the incident when someone called him and alerted him to the video of Bartlett beating the child with a belt which has since gone viral on YouTube and Facebook.

In a telephone interview yesterday, a close relative of the father told the T&T Guardian, via telephone, the father met with an attorney yesterday and they have started the process of filing a libel lawsuit against Bartlett. “He met with his lawyer and we have a strong case because she has scandalised his name and have borne false witness against him. Legal action is being prepared. It is already in process,” she said. Asked whether he would be applying for custody of his children, the relative said the court had already awarded legal custody to the mother. “The children will still want their mother in their lives,” she added.
During a radio interview with i95.5 FM hosts Dale Enoch and Tony Lee on Wednesday, Bartlett said she was yet to hear from the child’s father. Bartlett said the father had refused to get involved in the matter. The relative said: “He can’t get them so right now he is trying to see about his name. This has rocked the family. It had shocked him. He is traumatised and hurt by this.”
The relative said that because the child’s father is a police officer, both of them would remain anonymous until necessary. The viral video of the Bartlett beating her daughter stemmed from a text message she received informing her that a teenage boy was trying to persuade the girl to have sex. After searching her daughter’s Facebook profile, she found seductive photos of her daughter. Although Bartlett’s action and the video have been criticised by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, police and other public figures, there has been support for the mother on social networking sites.
News
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 09:48:08 AM »
Nah, I just watched the video mihself and the mother's words and actions make it clear that she was intent on shaming the child.  I don't think the beating was necessarily "vicious"... but it was too much.  I didn't count, but she hit that child too many times.  The message was communicated, and I'm sure the lesson was learned, inside of a minute or two.  That video went on for 6 minutes, with a solid half of it being licks. Discipline was necessary, some would even say (and I won't argue) that some blows have to pass, but the punishment must fit the crime.

You really need to ask?

Yeah I do. You said the lashes were not the problem, just how much and the public shaming was to much. So I would really like to know what a parent in this situation should ideally do?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »
That arse whooping on FB changed that lil girl life for the better, I believe it. If that lil girl didn't learn she lesson she would have never made that video with the big sister saying how dey mudder luv dem. What will reinforce the lesson now is the jackarseness that the fadder gone and do in taking the mudder to court. Now the mudder and 2 daughters will band together. Watch it.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 09:55:10 AM »

12 year old does "lime" in Trinidad now?

I was being silly as that's what they do here in the US. Just last week some people I know dropped their 12 year old daughter off to the movies on a date with her (2nd) boyfriend (broke up with the first). Trust and all.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 09:57:09 AM »
Trinidad going down the drain, actually into the cesspit as we in the gutter already. The youths have no respect whatsoever, and a parent attempt to step up to the plate, and she is being ridiculed.

1]; } ?>