April 25, 2024, 11:16:06 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Commonwealth Games Thread: Wed 23 July — Sun 3 Aug 2014, Glassgow, Scotland  (Read 49733 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Bolt, Fraser-Pryce, VCB head Jamaica's team to Glasgow 2014
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »
Bolt, Fraser-Pryce, VCB head Jamaica's team to Glasgow 2014
July 3rd 3:41pm (TrackAlerts.com)

Usain Bolt, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Veronica Campbell-Brown head Jamaica's track & field team to the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow from July 23 to August 3.

Below is their squad:

Women: Veronica Campbell-Brown, Kerron Stewart, Schillonie Calvert, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Natasha Morrison, Elaine Thompson, Anneisha McLaughlin, Samantha Henry-Robinson, Novlene Williams-Mills, Christine Day, Stephenie McPherson, Anastasia Le-Roy, Shericka Williams, Shericka Jackson, Natoya Goule, Simoya Campbell, Kimara McDonald, Monique Morgan, Indira Spence, Danielle Williams, Kaliese Spencer, Janieve Russell, Nikita Tracey, Kimberly Williamson, Saniel Atkinson-Grier, Jovanne Jarrett, Chanice Porter, Kimberly Williams, Shanieka Thomas, Danniel Thomas, Kellion Knibb, Vanessa Levy, Natalie Grant, and Salcia Slack.

Men: Nickel Ashmeade, Jason Livermore, Kemar Bailey-Cole, Julian Forte, Kimmari Roach, Usain Bolt, Rasheed Dwyer, Warren Weir, Akheem Gauntlett, Rusheen McDonald, Hugh Graham, Edino Steele, Chumaine Fitten, Omar Johnson, Jo-Wayne Hibbert, Ricardo Cunningham, Hansle Parchment, Richard Phillips, Richard Phillips, Roxroy Cato, Leford Green, Annsert Whyte, Darrell, Garwood, Demar Forbes, Nicholas Forbes, Nicholas Gordon, Damon Mclean, Daniel Lewis, Wayne Northover, O'Dayne Richards, Raymond Brown, Jason Morgan, Chad Wright and Orrin Powell.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:17:10 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Blake apologizes to skip Commonwealth Games
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »
Blake apologizes to skip Commonwealth Games
July 10th 12:38pm (TrackAlerts.com)

Yohan Blake, the second fastest man in history, said he is "disappointed to be missing out on Glasgow 2014" Blake, who won the 2011 World Championships 100m title, said "It was a tough decision to make."

The London 2012 Olympic Games 100m and 200m silver medallist said both his manager and coach believe he should "get back to the level I was at before because there is the World Championships and Olympics coming up in the next couple of years."

In the sportinglife story, Blake said: "Of course I'm disappointed to be missing out on Glasgow 2014 but it's in my best interests.

"I'm trying to be positive and there will be many more Commonwealth Games to look forward to.

"I'm sorry I'm not going to be here, the Scottish people have really been looking out for me. But they understand the level of competitive person I am.

The 'Beast' is in the city for this weekend's Diamond League meeting at Hampden - the Games' temporarily-transformed athletics venue - and will compete in the men's 100m on Friday night.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:04:37 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
James leads Grenada into Glasgow
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »
James leads Grenada into Glasgow
July 10th 5:06am (TrackAlerts.com)

ST. GEORGES, Grenada - Olympic 400m champion Kirani James heads the 16 member Grenadian team for the Commonwealth Games, set for Glasgow, Scotland July 23 to August 3.

In Glasgow, James 21, will look to add to his impressive collection of titles that include Olympic Games, World Championships, World Junior and World Youth titles. He should also target the 44.52 record set by Iwan Thomas in 1998.

Other athletes on the squad include Rondell Bartholomew in the 400m, Joel Redhead in the sprints and Kurt Felix in the decathlon. Bralon Taplin, Payton Hazzard, Paul Williams, Michael Wilson and Lindon Victor are the other male athletes Grenadians will be hoping breakthrough at this Games.

Kanika Beckles is the lone female track athlete and she will compete in the 200 and 400 metres.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alexander heads SVG team to Glasgow
July 10th 5:06am (TrackAlerts.com)

KINGSTOWN, St Vincent – Kineke Alexander will lead a 27-member St Vincent and the Grenadines team to XX Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland from July 23 to August 3.

Alexander, the 2013 Central American and Caribbean (CAC) 200 metres gold medallist, will be aiming to secure a sprint medal for her country.

Courtney Williams, Courtney Bascombe, Brandon Valentine-Parris, Josh Hamilton, Reuberth Boyde, Delohnni Nico-Samuel and Kimorie Shearman are the other track and field athlete in the 27-member party.

At the last Commonwealth Games in Delhi, Natasha Mayers won gold in the 100m for St Vincent and the Grenadines.

St Vincent & The Grenadines joined the Commonwealth in 1979.  It made its first appearance at the Cardiff 1958 British Empire and Commonwealth Games, and then competed at every Games from 1966to 1978. The country next took part in 1994 and has participated ever since.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTOC, TTCGA cover medical expenses
Friday, July 11 2014 (T&T Newsday)

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) and Trinidad and Tobago Commonwealth Games Association (TTCGA) announced on July 4 that they will be providing coverage of medical expenses for Trinidad and Tobago athletes participating in the Commonwealth Games.

The coverage is for the duration of the Glasgow 2014 Games and the TTCGA Pre Games Training Camp. The announcement was made at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games send-off function hosted by the TTOC/TTCGA and its corporate partners BPTT, Guardian Group, Scotiabank, Lisa Communications and Adidas at the President’s Box, Queen’s Park Oval, St Clair.

The send-off was well attended by athletes who will begin heading to Scotland for a pre-Games training camp.

Glasgow 2014 Chef de Mission, Dr Ian Hypolite, was presented with the relevant documents by Rodelle Phillips of the Guardian Group.

The TTOC/TTCGA has been working with longstanding corporate partner, Guardian Group, together with Dalian Medical Concierge Services Ltd to develop a comprehensive group medical insurance plan for TTOC/TTCGA.

The comprehensive group medical insurance plan is still under development with on going discussions.

“It’s early days, but an important first step, as we seek to provide comprehensive medical insurance converage for sportsmen and sportswomen under the auspices of the TTOC/TTCGA.

It has been priority and driving force over the last 12 months as the TTOC strives to continuously improve on our commitment to our athletes and their welfare from a service perspective.

“We (TTOC) must improve the overall experience and environment to inspire and motivate our athletes to deliver medal winning performances. Medical insurance coverage is one piece of a complex puzzle. Recruiting and retaining the best available sport medicine professionals as part of the TTOC volunteer medical staff is another.”
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:59:55 PM by Socapro »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.glasgowsouthandeastwoodextra.co.uk/news/scottish-headlines/norovirus-outbreak-at-games-village-1-3478352

Norovirus outbreak at Games village

Updated on the 17 July
01:04

Published 16/07/2014 12:52
Print this

An outbreak of sickness and diarrhoea at the Commonwealth Games athletes' village is thought to be the norovirus bug.

Twelve members of staff at the site in the east end of Glasgow have been sent home until they have been clear of symptoms for 48 hours.

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGCC) said those affected " have been reported as experiencing mild gastrointestinal symptoms, thought to be due to norovirus".

The cases emerged yesterday and infection control measures were put in place immediately, the health board said.

Norovirus is the most common stomach bug in the UK, affecting between 600,000 and one million people of all ages every year.

The 700-house Dalmarnock village was officially opened on Sunday and will host 4,500 competitors and another 2,300 support staff during the Games.

Some officials have already moved into the site, with Team Scotland set to become the first team to take up residence later today. No athletes have been affected by the bug, organisers said.

Dr Gillian Penrice, consultant in public health medicine for NHSGCC, said: "Norovirus is the most common stomach bug in the UK and it is common to see the virus in the community. It's usually mild and generally lasts for 24 hours.

"The symptoms being experienced by these individuals are mild and none of the 12 are giving any cause for concern as a result of the virus.

"We are continuing to monitor the situation closely."

The village has its own pub, post office, beauty salon, mini-hospital and shops. The dining hall has a menu offering 2,000 different items and will serve an expected 390,000 meals during the competition.

An advisory has been sent to residents asking them to remain in their rooms if they develop symptoms of the bug.

Speaking at Glasgow Airport today, where a renovated international arrivals area was opened to welcome athletes for the Games, Glasgow 2014 chief executive David Grevemberg said staff are monitoring the situation in the village.

"It's a very isolated group of people, a couple of people in our workforce, and business is operating according to normal," he said.

"In any health and safety situation we always take it very, very seriously but it's an isolated incident, the residents at the village have not been affected and have been well briefed, but we'll continue to monitor the situation.

"We work very closely with all the medical authorities, we have a great team there that's aware of the situation and gathering and disseminating information.

"As with any global village of this sort we are reminding people to be diligent in terms of their hygiene and cleanliness."

Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2014, All Rights Reserved.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:20:55 AM by Socapro »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glasgow honours T&T contingent
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2014, 11:09:54 AM »
Glasgow honours T&T contingent
Published: Thursday, July 17, 2014 (T&T Guardian)

Scotland formally welcomed the T&T contingent to the Commonwealth Games Village in a bright and energetic ceremony yesterday morning.

T&T Olympic Committee (TTOC) secretary general Annette Knott, assistant secretary general Diane Henderson and chef de mission Ian Hypolite led the colourful group of T&T athletes from their residence halls to the ceremonial venue in the international zone. The procession drew admiring looks from the gathered groups of workers, security officials and other athletes.

An energetic music and dance programme followed, presented by the National Youth Theater of Scotland. The open-air theatrical performance dramatised the aspirations of athletes on their journey to the Commonwealth Games.

The Glasgow committee has abandoned the practice of Mayors of the Games Village in favour of a policy of rotating chieftains, more in line with Scottish cultural tradition. Current Chieftain Rona Simpson, Scotland's most-capped female hockey player, urged the athletes to enjoy the total Games experience.

Hypolite than exchanged gifts with Simpson and Pat Reid, Provost of the City of Falkirk. Falkirk has adopted T&T as its special “Country” for the Games.

Some 110 T&T athletes are already at the Games Village. More are expected tonight.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:12:01 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Inside the XX Commonwealth Games
Phillip, Alexander prime to take on the world
Published: Thursday, July 17, 2014
By Sean Nero (T&T Guardian)

National cyclists Njisane Phillip and Quincy Alexander are expressing confidence that they can do this country proud at the XX Commonwealth Games which begins on Wednesday in Glasgow, Scotland. Both athletes declared they have the fire power to match up against the best in the Commonwealth and ultimately clinch victories for T&T.

Phillip would compete in the keirin while Alexander will challenge for top honours in the kilometre time trial. The duo would be seeking to emulate the golden performances of local hero Roger Gibbon, who captured gold medals in the kilometre time trial and match sprint events in 1966.

Phillip assures the national community that the issues related to his health scare back in January were firmly behind him.

He said, “This is like the first major race of the season for me. Summer time races didn’t go as planned because of my preparations for the Commonwealth Games, but now things are starting to shape up. I have a positive mindset because the Games are big, other than the Olympics and we are definitely trying to bring back home some hardware. It’s been a long time since cycling has been able to get a medal in Commonwealth Games. So we are definitely trying to get on top that podium.”

Alexander believed once he and Phillip have the right chemistry as national teammates, with a common mission, they could provide physical and psychological support to each other for them to achieve the results that the T&T public would expect. Alexander made it clear however, that medalling at the Games would by no means be an easy feat.

“We would be coming up against guys from Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales and Scotland. The Games are important and are of a high calibre. Both Njisane and I have prepared properly. Although we have different camps we both have really good coaches”, said Alexander.

Phillip revealed that because of poor facilities in Pennsylvania, USA, he had to break camp and move back to California, USA during his preparations for the Games.

“It’s been a little stressful mentally. It’s something I had to adjust to and get ready. Right now I’m definitely in a better state of mind. I’m just feeling excited to race, however, it turns out. But I’m definitely going to do my best–put my strong foot forward and do my best for T&T,” he said.

Asked about his process of recovery and physical readiness citing his health scare back in January, Phillip explained that the healing had gone so well that his body feels as sharp as it did last November, when he competed in Manchester, England at the UCI World Cup and won T&T’s first medal ever, a silver.

Commenting on his cycling-mate Alexander, Phillip said he was at the elite level and knew how to execute and they look forward to connecting with one another on Saturday at the Commonwealth Games Village.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lewis defends officials travelling with team
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Lewis defends officials travelling with team
Published: Friday, July 18, 2014
Sean Nero (T&T Guardian)

Brian Lewis, president of the T&T Commonwealth Games Association (T&TCGA) is defending concerns raised from several quarters in the national community regarding the number of officials that are accompanying athletes to the Commonwealth Games which starts on Wednesday in Glasgow, Scotland.

The T&TCGA has appointed 47 officials to assist more than 100 athletes.

The team officials comprises exercise physiologists, sports nutritionists, doctors, athletic trainers, chiropractors, team managers, coaches, as well as Dr Ian Hypolite, the contingent’s chef de mission, Annette Knott, secretary of the TTCGA, who is the assistant chef-de-mission and Lewis.

“T&T claims to be a sport loving public and they watch a lot of international events, but still hold the view that sports psychologist, sports nutritionist, athletic trainers, chiropractors, exercise physiologist and all of these conditioning experts are unnecessary. If people feel that it is unnecessary, then we are in the wrong business and we are not talking about high performance sport. Then we are doing our athletes a disservice. The TTOC/CGA has no intention of doing our athletes a disservice,” said Lewis.

“All over the world, success drive success. I am convinced that for the TTOC/CGA, National Sporting Organisations (NSO), the athletes and coaches that attend major events such as the Commonwealth Games, go to perform and not just to participate. T&T athletes have passed the stage of just being happy to barely qualify. We’ve gone past that stage. That is no longer an acceptable position. We are going to these Games to perform. It’s not about going for a joy ride or a vacation. It’s about performance. I expect quality performances.”

Lewis said Dr Hypolite had the experience having attended several high level games in the past and he understands what is required to bring home gold by creating the right environment from the administrative side of things.

“In the past, people complained about all the officials going and there are still people that have that view. If they pay attention to what is happening in the modern environment, you will see that support staff is crucial. And in many ways, T&T still have a long way to go. Simple things like video analysis I think should be part of the team. There are lots of things we need to do, but it’s a building process. We are also reviewing how we construct medical services for athletes. For me the focus has to be on the podium and how do we ensure that our athletes have what they need to perform at their best on the day, to deliver their full potential,” Lewis explained.

He added: “We are focused as a CGA and our partnership with the Michael Johnson Performance Centre in the USA and BPTT to compliment the training programmes that the various coaches have for the various athletes. It’s all about working as a team. The Commonwealth Games still remains very much an important event for T&T. Within recent time the Commonwealth Games were held in November or around that period or like in 2006, in March-April. So it has been quite a while since we have been able, on paper, to go into the Games with what should be a very strong track and field contingent. That is really a big boast for us. We have the opportunity this time around because the Games are in July. It will be a very interesting Games and I am very optimistic that we would see some huge performances.”

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Some optimistic predictions..

JG bronze 400mh
JB bronze 400mh
MLA gold 100m bronze 200m
RT silver 100m * DB in final
KW gold Jav
RQ silver 400m * three Trinis in final
WD bronze 110mh
CB silver Shot
Men 4x100 silver
Women 4x100 silver
Men 4x400 gold ;)
Women 4x400 bronze (Lucas and Bellile now in the mix).

= Our best Commonwealth games

Regards your gold prediction for our Men 4x400m relay team that is easier said than done.
Don't forget that Bahamas, Britain and Jamaica will all have serious 4x400m relay teams who are also going to be strong medal contenders. We will definitely have to smash our national record again to beat the Bahamas if they come to the CW Games with their Olympic gold winning relay team.

If Deon Lendore runs in the final as we are hoping then yes a gold medal is possible for us with our 4x4 relay team running in this order:- Lalonde Gordon >> Renny Quow >> Jarrin Solomon >> Deon Lendore.
We will require low 44 opening legs from both Gordon and Quow to establish ourselves in a winning position and we will need a sub-45 leg from Solomon to maintain our winning position on the 3rd leg and provided Gordon, Quow and Solomin can do the job outlined then Deon should be able to see us home safely for the gold medal. Anything less and the Bahamas will most likely win the gold and we will be figthing with Jamaica and Britain for silver and bronze.

Based on the team selected it looks like Cedenio will definitely not be running in the 4x400m relay as the CW Games as he will be recovering from duties at the World Junior Games and may still be exhausted.

Based on gawd on pitch optimistic predictions if things go well for our T&T Track & Field athletes at the CWG then we can be looking at a total of 13 medals just from track and field alone including 3 gold (MLA 100m, KW Javelin, Men 4x400 Relay), 5 silver (RT 100m, RQ 400m, CB Shot Put, Men 4x100 Relay, Women 4x100 Relay) and 5 bronze (JG 400mh, JB 400mh, MLA 200m, WD 110mh, Women 4x400 Relay).

The Trinidad and Tobago Commonwealth Games Association (TTCGA)/Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) can confirm the Trinidad and Tobago Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games track and field team is as follows:

WOMEN (18 Athletes):

Deandra Daniel-High Jump

Cleopatra Borel and Annie Alexander-Shot Put

Annie Alexander- Discus

Michelle Lee Ahye, Kai Selvon and Kamaria Durant-100M

Michelle Lee Ahye, Reyare Thomas-200m

Shawna Fermin, Romona Modeste and Domonique Williams- 400m

Alena Brooks-800m

Pilar McShine-1500m

4x100M- Michelle Lee Ahye, Kai Selvon, Kamaria Durant, Reyare Thomas, Lisa Wickham and Deborah John

4x400m- Shawna Fermin, Alena Brooks, Romona Modeste, Domonique Williams, Janeil Bellille and Josane Lucas

Tonya Nero- Marathon

Josanne Lucas and Deborah John- 100m Hurdles

Janeil Bellille-400m Hurdles

Ayanna Alexander-Triple Jump

MEN (25 Athletes):

Richard Thompson, Keston Bledman and Darrel Brown-100m

Kyle Gereaux, Jereem Richards and Rondell Sorrillo-200m

Lalonde Gordon, Renny Quow and Jarrin Solomon-400m

Wayne Davis, Mikel Thomas and Durel Busby-110 hurdles

Jehue Gordon and Emanuel Mayers- 400m Hurdles

Jamal James and Kendis Bullard- 800m

Kyron Blaise-Long Jump

Kashief Daniel- High Jump

Quincy Wilson- Discus

Robert Collingwood-Shot Put

Keshorn Walcott- Javelin

4X100M Relay-Keston Bledman, Richard Thompson, Darrel Brown, Marc Burns, Rondell Sorrillo and Emmanuel Callender

4x400m-Relay- Lalonde Gordon, Jarrin Solomon, Deon Lendore, Reny Quow, Jereem Richards and Zwede Hewitt
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:40:47 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CHICK MANSION SNUBS COMMONWEALTH SPOTLIGHT
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 02:37:37 PM »
CHICK MANSION SNUBS COMMONWEALTH SPOTLIGHT
Sunday, July 20 2014
By Gary Acosta – Plain Sports, Bad Manners - @GAcostaPoetry

While local television stations battle over the broadcast rights for popular American TV sitcoms and even as Trinbagonians are captured by the newest local adaptation of Hugh Heffner’s “The Girls Next Door”, little can be said for the biggest T&T team in history to compete at a Commonwealth Games.

The “Commies” which kicks off on Tuesday has had little to no media coverage and has hardly attracted the attention of the common Trinbagonian citizen. The twentieth edition of these prestigious games will see T&T represented in the sports of Athletics, Aquatics, Boxing, Cycling, Hockey, Judo, Netball, Rugby 7s, Shooting and Table Tennis but how many of you are even aware of such a fact?

So while over 80 athletes vie for precious metal in a bid to further bring pride to the Red, White and Black, we have had to settle for seeing a group of half-dressed ladies speak about nothing intellectually challenging other than their days of being flight attendants on a Saturday night.

Our athletes, who have been training day in, day out will only be respected and followed by their true diehard fans, while the Trinidad & Tobago TV viewing community must now suffer through re-runs of a Jerry Springer re-make that parades as a crime stopping initiative.

To add further insult, our local news broadcasting teams sent representatives to cover the 2014 World Cup in Brasil, in which Trinidad & Tobago was not even a participant, but can’t even spare a camera man and journalist to travel to Glasgow, Scotland.

This blatant disrespect and disregard for our national athletes comes as no shock as we as Trinbagonians seldom support a budding star but rather wait until the moment of victory to be bolstered with pride. We are blind to the hurdles skipped and the injuries that they have recovered from and forget about them once performances do not grab the spotlight.

So until the same 2-hours which eroded a few brain cells last night can be transferred into a well-documented feature on our sporting heroes and their road to Glasgow, we will have to continue to accept the fact that we are a society that simply prefers to overlook the preparation and dedication once we get to wave our miniature flags upon their return at the Piarco International Airport.

Gary Acosta – Plain Sports, Bad Manners - @GAcostaPoetry

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Did I miss it, who has Brown not run at all since trials?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Opening ceremony of Commonwealth Games streaming live right now on C tv at this link: http://www.ctntworld.com/stream.html

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Link to CWG athletics schedule, startlists and results: http://results.glasgow2014.com/dailyschedule.html

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here is a link to follow some of the events from the 2014 Commonwealth Games Live from Glasgow:
2014 Commonwealth games Glasgow Live Stream

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T's 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally and Medal Colour Predictions

At the last Commonwealth Games which was held in 2010 in Delhi (India), T&T won a total of 6 medals, comprising of 4 silver and 2 bronze medals; 2 of the silver medals and 2 of the bronze medals were won by our men while 2 of the silver medals were won by our women.
In 2010 our Caribbean rivals Jamaica won a total of 7 medals in Delhi that included 2 gold medals, 4 silver medals and 1 bronze medal.

Hopefully T&T can better our 2010 CW Games tally of 6 medals this time round and a few of the medals if not most of them will be gold. :thumbsup:

Now how many medals would you guys project that our T&F team and other teams taking part in the Commonwealth Games can realistically bring back home?

Please give us your input/predictions identifying which athletes or teams you think should medal as T&T aims to make the 2014 Commonwealth Games our best one ever performance and medal tally wise.

I am not really a comparing type of Trini. The constant feel to compare our medal count with other countries like Jamaica. I want the team to have a successful competition. I want them to all go out and give their best. Also T&T is not Jamaica rival in athletics. You will only hear a Trinidadian make that type of comment. A rival in sport is someone or a team who has a recent history of competing with you on the SAME level of success. US will be Jamaica rival in the sprints. Felix vs VCB, Jeter vs Shelly Ann have taken medals from each other when it matters.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:37:46 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

At the last Commonwealth Games which was held in 2010 in Delhi (India), T&T won a total of 6 medals, comprising of 4 silver and 2 bronze medals; 2 of the silver medals and 2 of the bronze medals were won by our men while 2 of the silver medals were won by our women.
In 2010 our Caribbean rivals Jamaica won a total of 7 medals in Delhi that included 2 gold medals, 4 silver medals and 1 bronze medal.

Hopefully T&T can better our 2010 CW Games tally of 6 medals this time round and a few of the medals if not most of them will be gold. :thumbsup:

Now how many medals would you guys project that our T&F team and other teams taking part in the Commonwealth Games can realistically bring back home?

Please give us your input/predictions identifying which athletes or teams you think should medal as T&T aims to make the 2014 Commonwealth Games our best one ever performance and medal tally wise.

I am not really a comparing type of Trini. The constant feel to compare our medal count with other countries like Jamaica. I want the team to have a successful competition. I want them to all go out and give their best. Also T&T is not Jamaica rival in athletics. You will only hear a Trinidadian make that type of comment. A rival in sport is someone or a team who has a recent history of competing with you on the SAME level of success. US will be Jamaica rival in the sprints. Felix vs VCB, Jeter vs Shelly Ann have taken medals from each other when it matters.

You seemed to be the one who is obsessed with comparing T&T with Jamaica. I asked for your T&T CWG medal predictions and not for your opinion on Jamaica and if T&T can match Jamaica.
Jamaica's medal count at the last CWG as well as T&T's was given just for information reference so we can check to see if both countries are progressing on their respective medal counts for this CWG as compared with our last CWG medal count in  2010.
You need to stop your obsession with comparing T&T with JA and stop projecting. Up to now you haven't given your T&T medal count prediction so you would have been better off not posting rather than revealing your JA obsession and trying to project it onto others.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:23:04 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You seemed to be the one who is obsessed with comparing T&T with Jamaica. I asked for your T&T CWG medal predictions and not for your opinion on Jamaica and if T&T can match Jamaica.
Jamaica's medal count at the last CWG as well as T&T's was given just for information reference so we can check to see if both countries are progressing on their respective medal counts for this CWG as compared with our last CWG medal count in  2010.
You need to stop your obsession with comparing T&T with JA and stop projecting. Up to now you haven't given your T&T medal count prediction so you would have been better off not posting rather than revealing your JA obsession and trying to project it onto others.

I don't have any obsession since I never made such comparisons instead I answered your post of why you felt the need to compare. You also stated TnT as Jamaica rival in Track which does not make sense. Let me ask you a simple question. Why did you choose Jamaica instead of Bahamas for information reference? This is a better example of a team that are on the same level of overall track success compared to T&T in recent years. You can't even say you use Jamaica because they are most successful at commonwealth games because the English, Australian teams will come into discussion.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:42:34 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't have any obsession since I never made such comparisons instead I answered your post of why you felt the need to compare. You also stated TnT as Jamaica rival in Track which does not make sense. Let me ask you a simple question. Why did you choose Jamaica instead of Bahamas for information reference? This is a better example of a team that are on the same level of overall track success compared to T&T in recent years. You can't even say you use Jamaica because they are most successful at commonwealth games because the English, Australian teams will come into discussion.

Firstly you clearly are obsessed with Jamaica hence why everything from your mouth is about Jamaica rather than giving us your T&T medal count prediction.

Let me school you a bit about Track & Field. Everyone that you have to compete with on a regular basis is to be viewed as a rival if you plan on beating them because professional sports is about competing well and winning and not just about taking part and being beat everyday coming and going.

I already explained to you why I gave both T&T's and JA's 2010 CWG medal count which is as a reference so we can see if we are expecting an improvement regards our medal count this time round. 
Also if you did not know, JA is the measuring bar of excellence for Caribbean countries in athletics and we need to look at how they are performing and do our best to compete with them if we are to improve and to be recognized like they are on the World athletics stage.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:05:13 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Firstly you clearly are obsessed with Jamaica hence why everything from your mouth is about Jamaica rather than giving us your T&T medal count prediction.

Let me school you a bit about Track & Field. Everyone that you have to compete with on a regular basis is to be viewed as a rival if you plan on beating them because professional sports is about competing well and winning and not just about taking part and being beat everyday coming and going.

I already explained to you why I gave both T&T's and JA's 2010 CWG medal count which is as a reference so we can see if we are expecting an improvement regards our medal count this time round. 
Also if you did not know JA is the measuring bar of excellence that Caribbean countries in athletics and there we need to look at how they are performing and do our best to compete with them if we are to improve and to be recognized like they are on the World athletics stage.

Lol ok boss no need for me to carry on I see you have a complete different understanding on rivalry between teams. Also you are quick to point out that T&T need to excel to Jamaica success because they are in the Caribbean lol. T&T should excel to their highest potential and that is what is most important. Cuba is not trying to excel to Jamaica standards in athletics. Their hurdlers and long jumpers don't care about what Jamaicans and other Caribbean athletes are doing. Instead they are focused on themselves and not other teams. Anyway good job posting updates  :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:10:46 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Also if you did not know JA is the measuring bar of excellence that Caribbean countries in athletics and there we need to look at how they are performing and do our best to compete with them if we are to improve and to be recognized like they are on the World athletics stage.

Lol ok boss no need for me to carry on I see you have a complete different understanding on rivalry between teams. Good job posting updates
:thumbsup:

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The first round of the men's 100m begin in about half an hour.
Live Video :  https://youtube.com/watch?v=aLiAIDh06HE
Or
http://castalba.tv/channel/15584

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:11:14 AM by Aviator »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What shit Richard just do! Now he have to sit and hope he make is through. Poor conduct for such an experienced athlete.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Darrel Brown did not start.  :(

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Was just about to comment on that. Makes you wonder why he has been MIA since trini trials

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yes. I wonder what is going on. Hope he is well enough for relay.

I heard some athletes are still feeling the effects of the thing that spread in the athletes village.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Athletics Schedule Day 1: Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

http://results.glasgow2014.com/dailyschedule.html?day=all&sport=SW

Bold Red => T&T athlete is starting in event;
Q => Qualify Automatically, q => qualify as fastest loser, x =. Did not qualify

Start Time (Local Time) Event and Start Lists Results
09:02   Men's Marathon
09:30   Women's Marathon
14:30   Women's Long Jump T37/38 Final    
14:37   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 1   winner JAM K. BAILEY-COLE 10.16
14:44   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 2   winner JAM J. LIVERMORE 10.26
14:51   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 3   (featuring Richard Thompson TTO 3rd 10.34q)
14:58   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 4   winner CAY K. HYMAN 10.20
15:05   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 5   winner JAM N. ASHMEADE 10.40
15:12   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 6 (featuring Darrel Brown TTO DNS)
15:19   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 7   winner ANT D. BAILEY 10.30
15:26   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 8    winner RSA A. SIMBINE 10.32
15:33   Men's 100m Round 1 - Heat 9 (featuring Keston Bledman TTO winner 10.16Q)   
15:40   Men's Shot Put Qual. Round - Group A   
15:40   Men's Shot Put Qual. Round - Group B   
15:55   Women's 100m Round 1 - Heat 1   
16:02   Women's 100m Round 1 - Heat 2 (featuring Kai Selvon TTO 4th 11.66q)   
16:09   Women's 100m Round 1 - Heat 3   
16:16   Women's 100m Round 1 - Heat 4 (featuring Michelle-Lee Ahye TTO 2nd 11.52Q)   
16:23   Women's 100m Round 1 - Heat 5 (featuring K Durant TTO 4th 11.80q)   
16:30   Women's 100m Round 1 - Heat 6   
16:35   Women's Hammer Throw Qual. Rnd - Group A   
16:55   Women's 400m Round 1 - Heat 1   
17:02   Women's 400m Round 1 - Heat 2 (featuring S. Fermin TTO 5th 54.10q)   
17:09   Women's 400m Round 1 - Heat 3   
17:16   Women's 400m Round 1 - Heat 4 (featuring D. Williams TTO 3rd 54.43Q)   
17:23   Women's 400m Round 1 - Heat 5   
17:30   Women's 400m Round 1 - Heat 6 (featuring R. Modeste TTO 6th 55.16x)      
17:40   Men's 5000m Final winner KEN C. NDIKU 13:12.07
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:38:05 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Was just about to comment on that. Makes you wonder why he has been MIA since trini trials

Looks like his on going injury problems haven't gone away.
Won't be surprised if he is left off of the Relay team but at least it won't negatively affect the team's chances.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done Bledos. That is how Top Brass is suppose to deal with the minnows.

1]; } ?>