March 28, 2024, 07:36:31 AM

Author Topic: Jamal Jack Thread  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jamal Jack Thread
« on: August 06, 2014, 02:10:53 AM »
Alpha grab Jamal Jack.
T&T Express Reports.

CENTRAL FC'S Jamal Jack has joined Alpha United of Guyana on a six-month loan deal. Jack is a utility player who has played at central defence, right-back and midfield under former Central FC coach Terry fenwick since signing from Rangers in 2013-2014.

Yesterday, Central FC manager Norris Ferguson confirmed Jack's departure to Guyana,  when last night he was due to play for Alpha in the Concacaf Champions League group stage against Olimpia of Honduras. Jack, 26, has also played for San Juan Jabloteh and is a goal threat from set-piece situations. 

'He is there," Ferguson said, while explaining that Jack still remains a Sharks player.

"He has not left the club because he is still on Central FC's books."

Meanwhile, on Saturday, Central FC continued pre-season preparations with a 3-0 win over St Anthony's College. Central FC team featured numerous players on trial.

In was the second successive preseason match won by the Sharks, who also beat  Oropune United 7-2 recently.

Playing as a forward, Jason Marcano bagged a hat-trick. The midfield combination of Sean De Silva, Mitchell and Leston Paul looked very fluid in the attacking third and could have scored a few more.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:53:42 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha grab Jamal Jack.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:40:18 PM »
Central FC defender Jamal Jack signs with Salvadoran Primera División club, C.D. Dragón.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamal Jack's risk rewards Switchbacks
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 12:54:16 PM »
Jamal Jack's risk rewards Switchbacks
By Vinny Benedetto (gazette.com)

Jamal Jack had a typical 20-something decision to make: chase a dream and its uncertainty or settle with security.

Jack picked risk and committed to his passion - soccer - a choice that has benefited the Colorado Springs Switchbacks some eight years and more than 3,000 miles later.

“No disrespect to the other centerbacks we’ve had throughout these first three years, but for me, he’s the best one,” Switchbacks coach Steve Trittschuh said Thursday.

Jack’s decision was made in his native Tobago, a small Caribbean island northeast of its more populated partner, Trinidad, which is just off the coast of Venezuela.

He balanced a construction job through an uncle with his preferred craft when time permitted in his hometown of Charlottesville, a picturesque fishing village of roughly 2,000 people.

“It has a lot of togetherness,” Jack said. “Once you come to the village, it’s love right away. People open the door for you. It’s like that.”

While comfortable at home, he found he could only get so far with one foot in both fields.

“I told him I want to do what I love best, which is soccer,” Jack said.

With the help of a local coach who took a liking to his strong and aggressive play, the 6-foot-3 Jack moved to Trinidad for numerous stints in the TT Pro League, Trinidad and Tobago’s top league, before stops in Guyana and El Salvador.

Last year, Jack made his first official move stateside, starting 28 matches for Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC. With the Switchbacks focused on building an improved back four in the offseason, he became a priority.

“Watching him last year in Pittsburgh, I thought ‘He’s someone that I really want,’” Trittschuh said. “When his name came around, I jumped on him.”

Jack has delivered, starting the first eight matches at center back and playing all 720 minutes. He leads the team in clearances (40), blocks (7) and tackles (17) while marking opponent’s best aerial threat on set pieces. He also scored his first goal with the club in a 4-0 win at Reno when he headed in a Josh Suggs' corner.

The team has allowed six goals, none off set pieces or restarts, including three clean sheets split between two goalkeepers.

“Hopefully we can keep that defense nice and sound back there because he’s a big part of it I think,” Trittschuh said.

Jack has two appearances for the Trinidad and Tobago national team, most recently in 2015, but was in Pittsburgh when the Soca Warriors helped eliminate the United States from World Cup qualification with a 2-1 win in October. While Trittschuh mentioned a hope that the sturdy defender could return to international play, that’s not Jack’s focus.

“If I get called, I will represent my country, but my goal is to just keep going forward, keep building,” the 30-year-old said. “Every day keeping getting better, you never know who is there looking.”

While he can’t take too many risks in his current gig on the last line of defense, it wasn’t new to Jack. As a kid, he would tell his mom he was headed to his grandmother’s or the library when he happened to end up at the local playing grounds.

“The soccer field is kinda far from where I was living. So my grandmother, she’s living just exactly by the soccer field,” Jack said.

“I kept doing it over and over, and I turned out to be a soccer player for 10 years.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Jamal Jack Thread
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 05:05:43 AM »
T&T's Jack signs with Switchbacks.
By Ron Chenoy.

COL­ORADO SPRINGS, Unit­ed States – T&T de­fend­er Ja­mal Jack to­geth­er with Ja­maican mid­field­ers Shane Mal­colm and Saeed Robin­son, have been re-signed by Col­orado Springs Switch­backs FC for the up­com­ing 2019 Unit­ed Soc­cer League sea­son.

The club said the trio were im­por­tant to the side and had kept hold of the them to en­sure sta­bil­i­ty, es­pe­cial­ly with sev­er­al oth­er changes ex­pect­ed to be made.

“With as much turnover we will have on the team, it’s im­por­tant to have play­ers fa­mil­iar with the club,” said Switch­backs head coach Steve Trittschuh.

“These three con­tributed a lot last sea­son and I ex­pect them to per­form even bet­ter in 2019.”

Mal­colm, 27, was born in Ja­maica but rep­re­sents Guam in the west­ern Pa­cif­ic, through his pa­ter­nal grand­moth­er.

Over the past two sea­sons, he has made 61 ap­pear­ances for the Switch­backs, and al­so scored six goals and notched five as­sists last sea­son.

Jack played a piv­otal role in the Switch­backs de­fence last sea­son, to be among the USL’s lead­ing de­fend­ers with 191 clear­ances and 28 blocks.

The 30-year-old, who has played twice for T&T So­ca War­riors se­nior team, start­ed each of the club’s 34 reg­u­lar-sea­son games dur­ing the last cam­paign.

Robin­son, mean­while, has al­ready played three sea­sons for the west­ern Unit­ed States out­fit, hav­ing spent two sea­sons there be­tween 2015-16, and then re­turn­ing to the club last sea­son fol­low­ing a one-year stint at North Car­oli­na FC.

The 28-year-old sub­se­quent­ly net­ted five times in 33 ap­pear­ances, pro­duc­ing a strong show­ing in the lat­ter half of the sea­son.

Like Mal­colm, he has nev­er played for the Reg­gae Boyz. - (CMC)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 02:35:16 PM »
WATCH: Jamal Jack - 2019 Highlights

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oIfFDpfAfkY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oIfFDpfAfkY</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 07:07:15 AM »
Glad Jamal Jack is getting an opportunity to ply his trade - I think he's been slightly under-rated in his career.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 11:37:42 AM »
From the higglights, besides defending quite well, looks like he could long ball good. Even if he not English..  :D

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 12:29:10 PM »
He looks good but that might only be window dressing. the big question should be, are these just rare moments or is he consistently performing with this level of intensity?

I could only hope that it’s the later because god knows that we need two good center halfs and cyrus and bateau’s age is showing to the point where they are making loads of silly text book mistakes and not performing to expectation for this level, in other words they have been costing us too many games. we desperately need a better back line and two good central defenders would be a terrific starting point.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:30:53 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 12:54:01 PM »
Forgiveness will probably be the first move, so past transgressions might be given a clean slate ... although we have only a handful of matches to assure qualification ( the preparation games + the playoff). Whether the route of forgiveness or injection of new blood, Jack eh no spring chicken ... so you might end up cussing either age or inexperience. :devil:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 08:44:39 AM »
From the higglights, besides defending quite well, looks like he could long ball good. Even if he not English..  :D

:)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 02:30:49 PM »
For what will be his second stint in El Salvador, defender Jamal Jack joins Primera División club, Jocoro FC.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 07:50:17 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Jocoro FC'S Jamal Jack

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YQ9aaC2TE-M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YQ9aaC2TE-M</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 09:12:01 AM »
Defender Jamal Jack has signed with CSD Sacachispas who were recently promoted to the Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Guatemala. Jamal last played with Jocoro FC in El Salvador.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 07:25:06 PM »
WATCH: Defender Jamal Jack scores his first goal in two and a half years to help CSyD Sacachispas claim a 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Club Xelajú MC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_H4yCgpcKYE?start=276" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_H4yCgpcKYE?start=276</a>

1]; } ?>