April 28, 2024, 07:45:02 AM

Author Topic: Otis will not be leading West Indies team in Grenada  (Read 712 times)

socafighter

Otis will not be leading West Indies team in Grenada
« on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:43 AM »
<socafighter@gmail.com>
8:44 AM (1 hour ago)

to Dave
Whycliffe 'Dave' Cameron
President
West Indies Cricket Board Inc.

Windiescricket.com
7 Ivy Green Crescent,
Kingston 5 Jamaica

WICB Secretariat
P.O. Box 616W
Factory Road, St John’s, Antigua W.I.

Dear Mr Cameron,

The news about the Caribbean is that Otis Gibson is no longer coach of the West Indies team ?

Can i get a response from you , is it factual or not .

I await

Be well

Socafighter

WICB President responds

Dave Cameron
Attachments9:38 AM (6 minutes ago)

to me
Good day Sandra,

Ottis will not be leading the team in Grenada.  We are in current dialogue with him.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Whycliffe 'Dave' Cameron
President
West Indies Cricket Board Inc.
T. 876.906.9465 | F. 876.906.7556
Windiescricket.com

7 Ivy Green Crescent
Suite 5, Kingston 5, Jamaica, W.I.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:56:41 AM by socafighter »

socafighter

Re: Otis will not be leading West Indies team in Grenada
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:11:44 AM »

Otis gets the boot ...about time... :applause: :applause:

socafighter

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 08:25:01 AM »

Ottis Gibson is still on board as West Indies’ head coach, according to the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB).

The WICB’s marketing and communications manager, Imran Khan, denied a media report in Barbados last night that Gibson had parted ways with the regional team.

Khan told the DAILY NATION that an announcement would be made today in relation to a number of changes.

Khan is always late with news ...

socafighter

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »
NO GIBSON
WI coach not with squad in Grenada

By \\\\\ Roger Seepersad
Story Created: Aug 18, 2014 at 9:52 PM ECT
Express

There is uncertainty surrounding the future of West Indies coach Ottis Gibson ahead of the home series against Bangladesh which is scheduled to start in Grenada tomorrow with the first One-Day International.

There were rumours yesterday that the former West Indies and Barbados cricketer would not be with the team for the ODIs which led to speculation about his future as West Indies head coach.

The West Indies team was scheduled to assemble in Grenada yesterday but West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron confirmed that “he (Gibson) is not in Grenada, that much we can confirm.”

Asked the reason why the 45-year-old Gibson would be absent, Cameron said: “None that I wish to confirm at this time.” Quizzed further if the WICB and Gibson were in discussions concerning his post as head coach prior to the Bangladesh series, Cameron said: “We are in discussions.”

Yesterday,the Express learned that West Indies assistant coach Stuart Williams will serve as the interim coach for the Bangladesh ODIs with West Indies bowling consultant Sir Curtly Ambrose being as his assistant. Gibson played two Tests and 15 ODIs for the Windies, taking three Test and 34 ODI wickets.

Gibson, who was first appointed West Indies head coach in January 2010 after giving up the job as England’s bowling coach, renewed his contract last year and was scheduled to carry on through October 2016. His stint in charge of the West Indies so far has been filled with ups and downs which included the regional side winning the ICC World T20 in 2012 and six consecutive Test victories between 2012 and 2013.

Gibson’s first series in charge against South Africa in 2010 ended with a 2-0 loss, with the Caribbean team drawing the second game of that three-match series. The three-match Test series against Sri Lanka that same year ended 0-0.

The West Indies overall Test record since 2010 stands at nine wins, 16 loses and 11 draws.

socafighter

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 06:31:00 AM »
Comments

emnc 111p · 40 minutes ago
Gibson did a good job in bringing discipline to the game and together with Sammy broke the stranglehold of WIPA. That's fine. Beyond that he is hopeless. Here are some examples:

1. Name the players who came out of the woodwork and PROGRESSED UNDER Gibson. Where are Bishoo, Barath, Deonarine, Charles, etc. He helped destroy Charles by making him keep.

2. What he he done re technique of the players? Do you remember the argument when he wanted to change Chanderpaul's stance or he could not leave the ground? What about Narine's game in Bangladesh where his fast delivery disappeared and replaced by a slow looping ball without the carom ball like the old time off spinners? What about the TV commentators picking up that Gabriel was holding the ball wrongly. That was Gibson's supposed area of expertise.

3. He could not correct the no balls problem in England where we suffered defeat aided by a spell of "caughtoffnoballitis" - at least 6 in the series.

4. With Sammy they won the toss on a rainy day and batted. Of course the team batting second won having to bat for about 6 overs when they could throw the kitchen sink behind the ball.

5. In the Champions Trophy the run chase was badly mismanaged. Rain was even drizzling when we batted. We never tried to get ahead of D / L score until Pollard and Bravo did it well after 15 overs. Having achieved that and with the two going fine, why "send out a message" to break their concentration at that very moment in time? Both looked broken in concentration and Pollard got out the next ball or so and we lost by 1 run when play was stopped a couple of balls later.

6. Repeat of playing for 20 overs in the run chase in the T20 WC 2014 and lost by D / L. Why keep back the in form hard hitters in a big chase - Sammy and Bravo who had blown away Pakistan the match before instead of Samuels who was out of touch and painfully made 2 in 19?

Based on the above, is Gibson worth $ 300,000 US per year? I do not know from where we can get a proper coach but the world is the stage. KKR won the IPL and credited their (local) coach for the big improvements after losing their first 5 games. I thought the Red Steel coach made a difference this year. There are people out there if we look and know what to look for. It does not have to be a name we know at this time.

Ambrose is a good addition to the team. I do not know much about Stuart Williams because he has been in the shadow of Gibson but I did not see the batting improvements in Charles and others that I would have liked to see.

trevGuyana 81p · 6 hours ago
LET ME MAKE IT VERY CLEAR FOR THOSE WHO WILL WANT TO ATTACK ME FOR BEING A GIBSON SUPPORTER (AND YES IM A GIBSON SUPPORTER, AND I ALSO BELIEVE SAMMY SHOULD BE ODI AND T20 CAPTAIN) SHOW ME WHERE U WERE CALLING FOR KING AND DYSON'S HEAD. IF U CANT DO THAT, U NOT QUALIFY TO CONDEMN GIBSON

Blogiteer 56p · 10 hours ago
Best maybe-news for a long time!

Put somebody new man. This 'mind over matter' approach clearly not wukking!

Even Narine have more Test wickets than he!

Get Simmons back down here!

1]; } ?>