April 26, 2024, 10:58:08 PM

Author Topic: THE BEST RUMS IN THE CARIBBEAN.....  (Read 2971 times)

socafighter

THE BEST RUMS IN THE CARIBBEAN.....
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:52:26 AM »
THE BEST RUMS IN THE CARIBBEAN
  JOE PIKE , CREATED 04/03/2014

It's not hard to find a bottle of rum in the Caribbean, but finding the perfect one takes time.
Luckily, we've done the hard work for you. Here are our picks for the 10 best rums in the caribbean:

You can't leave the Caribbean without rum.

10. Tortuga Citrus Honey, Cayman Islands
This is the perfect starter rum for first-time Caribbean travelers whose pallets made not be used to the sweet nectar of the region. As the name implies, this rum has a sweet aftertaste and thus doesn't need to be mixed with anything.

9. Mount Gay Eclipse Gold, Barbados
Mount Gay Eclipse Gold is perhaps the best mixing rum on the list. It has a slight banana and candied fruits taste, and its subtle flavors more than qualify it as sipping rum. The Eclipse is a traditional double-distilled rum, aged in white Kentucky oak barrels.

8. Appleton Estate Extra 12 Year Old Jamaican Rum, Jamaica
With the exception of perhaps Bacardi and Malibu, Appleton may be the Caribbean rum Americans are most familiar with. Already a loyal fan of Appleton Reserve, which is a little on the darker side with a heavy bite, we switched allegiance to the Appleton Estate Extra Old after trying on our last trip to Jamaica. There’s a spicy oak flavor complimented by a dark sugar taste that makes this one of the most delicious rums in the region.

7. Clement Single Cask, Martinique
One of the most underrated rums on this list, Clement may hail from a small distillery on the French-Caribbean island of Martinique but it’s big taste rivals most rums throughout the world. Aged for eight years, it has a sweet aftertaste with subtle flavors of caramel and nuts.

6. Rhum Barbancourt Estate Reserve, Haiti
Aged 15 years, the Rhum Barbancourt Estate Reserve is a true sipping rum. Citrus dominates the aroma while the palate has subtle hints of cinnamon and even pepper.

5. Ron Brugal 1888 Gran Reserva Familiar, Dominican Republic
Ron Brugal 1888 is aged in American white oak barrels, then Spanish sherry casks in the Dominican Republic. The aroma mixes molasses, coffee and a subtle hint of raisin with spices and a hint of citrus dominating. Long story short, it’s one of the smoothest rums on the market.

4. Don Q Gran Añejo, Puerto Rico
Don Q Gran Añejo is a blend of premium rums aged up to 12 years. It’s our favorite rum in Puerto Rico, which is saying a lot since the island has more than a dozen quality rums. Aged three to 12 years in former whiskey and bourbon barrels, it has an oak and molasses aroma and a longer, smoother finish than the traditional Don Q Añejo.

3. Cubaney Ron Tesero Grand Reserve, Dominican Republic
Sorry, Ron Brugal 1888 Gran Reserva Familiar, but this rum slightly edges you out for the best rum in the Dominican Republic simply because its flavors are so fun. This 25-year-old rum, aged in a similar style of most Cuban rums, has a lot of dessert-like flavors, from chocolate fudge to nutmeg to almonds and raisins, even a hint of tobacco.

2. El Dorado Special Reserve 21 Year Old, Guyana
The oak aftertaste is intense for some (try some ice to lighten the effect) and is due in large part to the two decades of aging in oak barrels, never a bad sign for a good sipping rum. There’s a heavy alcohol scent right at the beginning but is quickly followed by a sweet taste of vanilla.

1. English Harbour 1981 Rum, Antigua
Aged 25 years in whisky and bourbon barrels, this Antiguan rum lets off a woody, smoky aroma when it’s first cracked. It’s got a heavy taste of roasted nuts and fruit and finishes with some cinnamon-like flavors. Widely considered the best rum in the Caribbean, it runs at about $230 a bottle. If someone’s buying, you’re sipping.

socafighter

Re: THE BEST RUMS IN THE CARIBBEAN.....
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:53:06 AM »

No T&T Rum made the list huh....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »
All Barbados rum does soiund gay, mouth gay, cock spur.

Anyhow, El Dorado does drink good.

But all is de f00cking same and does do de thing, after 3 drink, all does taste de same too.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:57:45 PM »
From the selected list above I will take El Do  :beermug:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »
I much prefer Angostura 1919 to the two rums I've tried on that list (Mount Gay and Appleton), although Brugal is lovely stuff (not tried that particular rum, but the cheaper one that tasted nice)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »
angostura is better than the antigua and rest... eldo is #1 and then trini...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »
Last best rum I bought was a bottle of Plantation Trinidad .I found it tasted like the old time rum loved it and am not a rum drinker no more.Special mention to the new Barcardi Oakheart.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »
i sticking with meh 1919 but just to be sure i will try to buy some bottles of some of those rums...when i studied in puerto rico i tried don q and it is marvellous, i also made the mistake of buying a cheap rum called palo viejo...my god that thing had meh sick like a dog next day oui, i later found out that is the rum the old drunkards does drink...never me again :D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 11:06:41 AM »
El Dorado is ah borse rum.
Havana Club from Cuba is also nice.
Angostura Single Barrel Reserve is good for sipping.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 11:25:12 AM »

ah drink ah havana club as well, not bad i must say... 1824 and 1919 is preference, when im in la, ten cane which is trini.. anyone try machel rum???

single barrel is good for sipping ,i must agree

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 11:26:27 AM »
i sticking with meh 1919 but just to be sure i will try to buy some bottles of some of those rums...when i studied in puerto rico i tried don q and it is marvellous, i also made the mistake of buying a cheap rum called palo viejo...my god that thing had meh sick like a dog next day oui, i later found out that is the rum the old drunkards does drink...never me again :D

yuh ent hear Sparrow...

RUM IS MACHO...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »
anyone try machel rum???

Ah find it kinda harsh
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 11:45:19 AM »
 Zacapa from Guatemala

Angostura Zoya is boss

But nothing could beat Caroni Puncheon Rum
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 12:04:57 PM »

ah drink ah havana club as well, not bad i must say... 1824 and 1919 is preference, when im in la, ten cane which is trini.. anyone try machel rum???

single barrel is good for sipping ,i must agree

I have an empty bottle of 10 cane in my room hah, very nice.

On Machel - any rum that needs to drop that kind of dollar to promote it probably ain't that good :p Word of mouth and awards are the true measure of a rum's popularity :p

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 03:12:44 PM »
anyone try machel rum???

Ah find it kinda harsh

ent chromatics say that rum ent good to drink it good to sap your head ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 08:19:51 PM »
Contro and Tallman. Explain why one good for sipping and the other good for drinking?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
Contro and Tallman. Explain why one good for sipping and the other good for drinking?

[/quote

vs. sipping...

some rums good for lashing, mixing with a ginger/sprite, this one is good for slow sipping, savoring, maybe tallman can add as well... jmo

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »
Out of the 3-4 on the list that I drank here and there, I would say El Dorado was the best.
btw who de hell does sip rum? lol...if I socializing I surely ent drinking rum lol
also, allyuh really have time to pick out flavors like nuts, raisins and oak wood? steups
I does have my rum on the rocks or with a little water and I surely ent sipping lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>