March 29, 2024, 06:21:11 AM

Author Topic: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship  (Read 62180 times)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »
Is it gamemanship  or the ugly stench of politics at play ?  i don't know ....... however i have sneeking suspicion something more sinister is at play ..!!   any which way one choose to view the present circus of events .... it is  without doubt an absolute embarassment ...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »
Mih shame......dais all I could muster at this point...........
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »
Some Guyanese people showed up with a trunk full of that stuff.

Be that as it may, a lot of Americans have rallied to Waldrum's call.

This is real embarrassing.  If the TTFF didn't have the money to fund the build-up camp in the U.S. for the tournament, why they they send the girls stranded like that?  For the coach to tweet like that, it must have been real desperation.  What really is sad though is to see monies go to waste with corrupted, unaudited programs like Lifesport.  A little fuss was kicked up, but nothing will be done with the audit reports on the corruption that existed in the program.  Yet, legitimate causes like this one go unfunded.  Something seriously wrong with Trinidad.   I know ah gone off on a tangent, but every day that pasts gets me more disgusted about the state of affairs in that country.

Is not that they send the girls stranded... Sportt and the MoS agreed to fund the trip but it only come thru last minute.  Allyuh know how hard it is to get USD in Trinidad, so all they could get on the eve of the flight was the $500 dollars.  Is not as Waldrum make it seem like that is all that they was going to get.  The rest of the funds had to be converted thru the MoS process... which it finally was.  Waldrum panicked and/or the TTFA did not communicate the situation/plans to him, making him think all he had to work with was the $500.

They send them stranded. It eh matter what coming. They send them stranded. What if that parent in the airport did not have money to give US$500, where would they have been for transport from the airport to the hotel?

You to satisfied all of a sudden with this mediocrity.

Jokers the bunch ah them. You could say what you want the evidence eh lying.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »
They send them stranded. It eh matter what coming. They send them stranded. What if that parent in the airport did not have money to give US$500, where would they have been for transport from the airport to the hotel?

Lasana is that you?

The $500 USD came from the TTFA as far as I know... not from no "parent in the airport."  Is it 'mediocrity' of course it is, nobody in they right mind would argue that this is efficiency.  However, one has to be practical as well and I find that reasonable steps are being taken by the new leadership.  You disagree... often for the sake of being disagreeable.  To hear you tell it, they shoulda wave dey magic wand to make money for the Houston camp and this camp come through.  Failure to conjure up that bit of magic means they're the worst managers in the history of bad management.  Doesn't matter what it is... MAKE IT HAPPEN... NOW! Rather than send them with the $500 dollars they shoulda keep them home until all the money was ready... never mind the fact that plane ticket done purchase and everything.  Keep them home.

... and yuh talking about 'jokers'.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2014, 07:52:41 PM »

Lasana is that you?

The $500 USD came from the TTFA as far as I know... not from no "parent in the airport."  Is it 'mediocrity' of course it is, nobody in they right mind would argue that this is efficiency.  However, one has to be practical as well and I find that reasonable steps are being taken by the new leadership.  You disagree... often for the sake of being disagreeable.  To hear you tell it, they shoulda wave dey magic wand to make money for the Houston camp and this camp come through.  Failure to conjure up that bit of magic means they're the worst managers in the history of bad management.  Doesn't matter what it is... MAKE IT HAPPEN... NOW! Rather than send them with the $500 dollars they shoulda keep them home until all the money was ready... never mind the fact that plane ticket done purchase and everything.  Keep them home.

Thought so as well.  Tim Kee explained that of the $500, 200 was to cover the cost of transporting the 12-member contingent from the airport to the hotel and the remaining 300 was to purchase meals for that day until the bulk of the funding could be made available the following day.... Maybe a simple phone call could have averted this "crisis"....
The situation was certainly not ideal and better should have been done, but it wasn't as dire as  coach Waldrum made it appear.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2014, 07:58:37 PM »
All a mix-up

TTFA boss seeks to explain Dallas fiasco

By Mark Pouchet

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee said a communication mix-up led to the statements from American coach of the Trinidad and Tobago women’s football team Randy Waldrum pleading for assistance Wednesday.

Tim Kee said Waldrum apologised in a written letter yesterday but Tim Kee said the damage was already done in terms of the public outrage and embarrassment to the nation.

But Tim Kee said the social media outburst of the coach was a symptom of some of the malaise at the organisational structure of the TTFA.

At a press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday, Tim Kee outlined a previous situation where the technical staff, including coach Waldrum, had endorsed the Petrotrin facilities for a training camp for the senior women only for Waldrum to use social media to express his disapproval a few days later.

Tim Kee said Waldrum had issued a letter of apology to Petrotrin and the TTFA then too

“So when I saw that communique from the coach,  I said  ‘oh my God! I  hope it is not same thing that happened before and this letter he (Waldrum) wrote this morning (yesterday)  confirms that,” said Tim Kee

“I am not here to pass blame, but I thought the national community and all who was listening should have an appreciation of the facts.

Tim Kee apologised for the shame and pain caused.

“No amount of excuses or  reasons or  explanations  could erase what happened yesterday (Wednesday)  because of what you call an emotional disturbance,”

But Tim Kee said the players had an excellent training session Wednesday afternoon,  there is no complaint of discomfort  and they are eagerly and excitedly awaiting  the start of the competition on October 15.

Tim Kee advised that the US $500 was indeed given to the players for ground transport and meals with the knowledge that more money was on the way.

The Ministry of Sport yesterday stepped in to issue $250,000 to supplement the team’s preparations.

“He (Waldrum) should have been communicated with, that is something there is no pardon or forgiveness for from the administration, it is unpardonable, so when the coach saw the players and in conversation learnt they only had 300 and made statements, I can’t blame him,” Tim Kee said. “I am not blaming the coach, perhaps before he went there (social media),  he should have called here (TTFA).”

Tim Kee said the breakdown in communication was  a symptom of a bigger problem of governance and structure.

“The governance and structure of the  organisation is faulty,” Tim Kee said, adding that is why he mandated a reform commission headed by Raoul John of KPMG.

He said some of the major reforms to come out of the process would be  one club one  vote and the inclusion of three independent professionals on the executive.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2014, 08:00:56 PM »
Funds pour in for Princesses

By Ian Prescott ian.prescott@trinidadexpress.com

The American soccer community, among them T&T ex-patriots, responded in a huge way to cries for assistance from Trinidad and Tobago’s American coach Randy Waldrum for financial assistance for the national women’s team, after they arrived in Dallas on Tuesday night without food and equipment.

United States-based “friends” responded with US$9,300 in donations to a Paypal account set up, while the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) sent another US$40,000 after receiving a cheque from the Ministry of Sport.

The TTFA has been able to solicit just token funding for the team from the local business community. And there was some measure of scorn poured on local businesses, with Ontario-based T&T businessman Prem Babwah of Advanced Bakery Ingredient Limited stating: “They deserve better” should be on all Trini lips especially those who have anything to do with this extremely terrible and totally embarrassing situation. Is there any proud Trinidadian in the island today?”

The Soca Princesses had earlier gone into World Cup qualifying with a collective US$500, while the cash-strapped Trinidad and Tobago Football Association waited on promised funding from the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago. Yesterday, Waldrum graciously thanked all who contributed to the relief effort.

“Absolutely amazing”, he said. “In just eight hours, we collected $9,300 for the T&T WNT! Big “soca” thanks to all who donated,” Waldum tweeted. “Overwhelming response to Trinidad WNT today. Humanity exists & I’m so proud of the way the soccer community came to our rescue.”

Yesterday, there were regular visits to the team hotel by ex-patriots living in the USA, among them Lincoln Phillips, a former Trinidad and Tobago technical director. Bringing anything from cases of water, gatorade, and cash, there was a steady flow of persons to the team’s Dallas base. And although the aid has come in, Waldrum has urged people to continue contributing since the team would have additional expenses in the four US cities to which they would be travelling, seeking to grab a spot in next year’s World Cup.

T&T begin the eight-team Concacaf Women’s Championship in Kansasa City on October 15 against the United States, highest-ranked team in the world. Caribbean champions T&T then meet the third-placed Caribbean side Haiti on October 17 in Chicago, and Guatemala on October 20 in Washington. The knockout round of the tournament is then scheduled for Pennsylvania.

“I’ll get to the many thank you’s as quickly as I can..so many people came through, including the TTFA with additional funding!” Waldrum tweeted further. “The TTFA has helped us all they can, more money & staff coming today. It’s been a struggle, they have tried to help us as much as possible.”

Trinidad and Tobago vice-captain Ayana Russell addded: “Now everything starts to fall in place, thanks.”

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2014, 08:10:32 PM »
Gulp yeah- some big arse covering going down- print the letter or some reasonable fact simile so that everyone go devour that standing up.
 Is like sending the child to a school  outing with  little to no lunch money only you fur get to tell the teacher you going to the bank and go link up with the  group later, ,meanwhile they done call child welfare and all the kids decide to share their lunch with your child - now yuh being two bags of lunch saying yuh had it all the time but the child did not communicate that what yuh send was only a snack until yuh got yuh change. Steups
 Who do you trust? Navy uh treat the coach with respect nah and let the man know what happening?  Look it eh have a chef de mission or manager  travelling with this team? Come nah who yuh really give the 500 US to a parent?  A player? Look nah allyuh could fool some of the people some of the time but yuh cyar keep trying to fool people all the time!!'

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2014, 08:58:36 PM »
“No amount of excuses or  reasons or  explanations  could erase what happened yesterday (Wednesday)  because of what you call an emotional disturbance,”

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tell meh ah jes eh read dat .....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2014, 10:51:19 PM »

Lasana is that you?

That's because yuh reading what yuh want I will quote yuh boyfriend for yuh.

Yeah the TTFA only find out they leaving ah day before. They had no idea the players did qualify for another tournament.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »

Lasana is that you?

Wired868 asked Phillips to clarify if the US$500 the team departed with came from the TTFA, as he suggested, or the parent of a player.

“It came from a parent,” said Phillips, “because, by the time we got to the airport, the team had gone through. So that person was reimbursed.”

Source

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2014, 11:04:03 PM »
That's because yuh reading what yuh want I will quote yuh boyfriend for yuh.

Yeah the TTFA only find out they leaving ah day before. They had no idea the players did qualify for another tournament.

elan try that idiot talk with somebody else fella... yuh tilting at windmills and ent even realize it.  No matter how far in advance they knew of the team needing to travel to the US if they don't have money then they don't have money.  Is not now the TTFA asking the government for financial assistance, the government only sees fit to step in when it has the FA over a barrel or when it could make itself look like saviors, rushing in in the nick of time to save the day.  Yuh doh have to take my word fuh it, I's ah lackey as yuh put it... just take a look at the actions of the Ministry, starting with when Anil was in charge, up until now.  But anyways, all of that "they had no idea talk" is smoke and mirrors... all the shit yuh talking all thread, now the truth coming out regarding the Dallas money fiasco and yuh start deflecting with "boyfriend" talk in hopes that people might get distracted and fuhget de shit yuh talking.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2014, 11:16:38 PM »
"the government only sees fit to step in when it has the FA over a barrel or when it could make itself look like saviors, rushing in in the nick of time to save the day."

AGREE!

The ONLY way for the present admin to do it's job is to have the support it needs. Too bad this admin still paying for the deeds of the past (the trust of fans and $$ support from the business community and Gov't).

All the best ladies.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2014, 01:46:55 AM »
Funds pour in for Princesses.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

The American soccer community, among them T&T ex-patriots, responded in a huge way to cries for assistance from Trinidad and Tobago’s American coach Randy Waldrum for financial assistance for the national women’s team, after they arrived in Dallas on Tuesday night without food and equipment.

United States-based “friends” responded with US$9,300 in donations to a Paypal account set up, while the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) sent another US$40,000 after receiving a cheque from the Ministry of Sport.

The TTFA has been able to solicit just token funding for the team from the local business community. And there was some measure of scorn poured on local businesses, with Ontario-based T&T businessman Prem Babwah of Advanced Bakery Ingredient Limited stating: “They deserve better” should be on all Trini lips especially those who have anything to do with this extremely terrible and totally embarrassing situation. Is there any proud Trinidadian in the island today?”

The Soca Princesses had earlier gone into World Cup qualifying with a collective US$500, while the cash-strapped Trinidad and Tobago Football Association waited on promised funding from the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago. Yesterday, Waldrum graciously thanked all who contributed to the relief effort.

“Absolutely amazing”, he said. “In just eight hours, we collected $9,300 for the T&T WNT! Big “soca” thanks to all who donated,” Waldum tweeted. “Overwhelming response to Trinidad WNT today. Humanity exists & I’m so proud of the way the soccer community came to our rescue.”

Yesterday, there were regular visits to the team hotel by ex-patriots living in the USA, among them Lincoln Phillips, a former Trinidad and Tobago technical director. Bringing anything from cases of water, gatorade, and cash, there was a steady flow of persons to the team’s Dallas base. And although the aid has come in, Waldrum has urged people to continue contributing since the team would have additional expenses in the four US cities to which they would be travelling, seeking to grab a spot in next year’s World Cup.

T&T begin the eight-team Concacaf Women’s Championship in Kansasa City on October 15 against the United States, highest-ranked team in the world. Caribbean champions T&T then meet the third-placed Caribbean side Haiti on October 17 in Chicago, and Guatemala on October 20 in Washington. The knockout round of the tournament is then scheduled for Pennsylvania.

“I’ll get to the many thank you’s as quickly as I can..so many people came through, including the TTFA with additional funding!” Waldrum tweeted further. “The TTFA has helped us all they can, more money & staff coming today. It’s been a struggle, they have tried to help us as much as possible.”

Trinidad and Tobago vice-captain Ayana Russell addded: “Now everything starts to fall in place, thanks.”

RELATED NEWS

TTFA boss seeks to explain Dallas fiasco.
By Mark Pouchet (Express).

All a mix-up

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee said a communication mix-up led to the statements from American coach of the Trinidad and Tobago women’s football team Randy Waldrum pleading for assistance Wednesday.

Tim Kee said Waldrum apologised in a written letter yesterday but Tim Kee said the damage was already done in terms of the public outrage and embarrassment to the nation.

But Tim Kee said the social media outburst of the coach was a symptom of some of the malaise at the organisational structure of the TTFA.

At a press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday, Tim Kee outlined a previous situation where the technical staff, including coach Waldrum, had endorsed the Petrotrin facilities for a training camp for the senior women only for Waldrum to use social media to express his disapproval a few days later.

Tim Kee said Waldrum had issued a letter of apology to Petrotrin and the TTFA then too

“So when I saw that communique from the coach,  I said  ‘oh my God! I  hope it is not same thing that happened before and this letter he (Waldrum) wrote this morning (yesterday)  confirms that,” said Tim Kee

“I am not here to pass blame, but I thought the national community and all who was listening should have an appreciation of the facts.

Tim Kee apologised for the shame and pain caused.

But Tim Kee said the players had an excellent training session Wednesday afternoon,  there is no complaint of discomfort  and they are eagerly and excitedly awaiting  the start of the competition on October 15.

Tim Kee advised that the US $500 was indeed given to the players for ground transport and meals with the knowledge that more money was on the way.

The Ministry of Sport yesterday stepped in to issue $250,000 to supplement the team’s preparations.

“He (Waldrum) should have been communicated with, that is something there is no pardon or forgiveness for from the administration, it is unpardonable, so when the coach saw the players and in conversation learnt they only had 300 and made statements, I can’t blame him,” Tim Kee said. “I am not blaming the coach, perhaps before he went there (social media),  he should have called here (TTFA).”

Tim Kee said the breakdown in communication was  a symptom of a bigger problem of governance and structure.

“The governance and structure of the  organisation is faulty,” Tim Kee said, adding that is why he mandated a reform commission headed by Raoul John of KPMG.

He said some of the major reforms to come out of the process would be  one club one  vote and the inclusion of three independent professionals on the executive.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:48:46 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2014, 01:59:49 AM »
Waldrum says sorry for tweet.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Several questions were still to be answered as to who was to blame as Raymond Tim Kee, president of the T&T Football Association (T&TFA) tried to explain the plight of the Soca Princesses as they prepare for Concacaf Women’s World Cup qualification in the USA beginning next week.

Yesterday, American-born T&T coach Randy Waldrum issued an apology to the TTFA over the language he used on Twitter to appeal for help for his charges who arrived in Dallas on Tuesday with just US $500 to look after their needs.

Waldrum tweeted: “I need HELP. T&T sent a team here last night with US$500 total. No equipment such as balls, no transportation from airport to hotel, nothing. I don’t know how I’m going to feed these players starting at lunch today. If you know of anyone in Dallas area that will help with food, etc.

“Please let me know asap!.. And I’m suppose to qualify this team for a World Cup. I have to help these players somehow. they deserve better.”

Yesterday Waldrum admitted his language could have been better and issued an apology.

Speaking at a hastily arranged press conference yesterday, Tim Kee stayed clear of pointing fingers at his executive or member of the team’s technical staff but noted that no amount of excuses, explanations could erase what happened on Wednesday.

Tim Kee said it was a mad scramble for funds for the team.

“We had prior knowledge that it would cost the team US $200 to cover the cost of transportation from the airport to the hotel where we would be based and the remaining US $300 was expected to cover other expenses for the rest of the day.

I believe one major oversight was that we should have been in communication with the coach who had gone ahead of the team to ensure everything was in place, that is just unpardonable,” admitted Tim Kee

He added, “When the coach heard that only $US300 was left, he took to social media to express his frustrations.”

Tim Kee noted Waldrum had discussions with T&TFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips as well as other members of the technical staff and was in agreement with what was planned based on what was available to him.

He added, “We even had discussions with the captain and she was comfortable along with other members of the staff as we wanted to get their feel on the matter, and they all endorsed it.”

The Soca Princesses are preparing for their opening Concacaf Women’s Final Round Fifa World Cup 2015 qualifiers against host USA next Wednesday at Sporting Park, Kansas City from 8.30pm.

In addition to USA, the Soca Princesses will also face Haiti on Friday October 17 at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Illinois from 6.30pm and Guatemala two days later to end round-robin play at Robert F Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington DC while Jamaica, runners-up to T&T in the CFU women’s competition competes in the other group with Costa Rica, Jamaica and Mexico.

At the end of the round-robin phase, the top two teams in each group will qualify to the semifinals from where the winners will not only reach the final, but earn two of the three automatic Concacaf places at next year’s World Cup in Canada from June 6-July 5.

The losers of the semifinals will battle for the third automatic spot while the fourth-place team enters a playoff with the third placed South America team for another spot via a home-and-away series.

RELATED NEWS

Dallas World Cup situation unacceptable.
T&T Guardian Reports.

I saw tweets on Wednesday from coach Randy Waldrum reaching out to the public for financial support for the women’s national team which had arrived in Dallas for their World Cup qualifier games. The tweet posted by the coach himself stated that the team was sent to this tournament with only US $500.

There was no equipment available to the team and no transport from the airport to the hotel arranged. According to the tweets, Waldrum did not know how he was even going to feed the ladies’ squad from that very same afternoon.

He was gracious enough to credit the TTFA as having “helped all they can,” pointing out in one of his tweets that more money and staff would be provided the following day but I could not help but wonder a few things: First, who is accountable for such poor planning and preparation to ensure that once the girls arrived, the only thing that needed to occupy their mind was performing well.

The other thing that ran through my head is, exactly what thoughts, actions and phone calls must have transpired before turning to a public forum, like Twitter, to beg anyone around the world to support a national team from a country that supposedly possesses a thriving economy.

I would imagine that posting such a state of affairs concerning a national team on a forum like Twitter, would have been met with a measure of embarrassment by the relevant parties, or maybe this is what I would like to believe. You read the follow-up comments on different sites and there are those who said that stuff like this happens all over the world.

I think, even if that is true, does that make it an acceptable standard for us? Are election campaigns not centred on promising the good citizens of this great nation that framework would be in place to elevate the current standards in the local sporting environment.

One person posted a comment wondering whether Waldrum’s twitter account had been hacked into. The coach replied confirming that the posting was legit and later followed with a means by which donations can be made to the team, accessible by anyone from anywhere. What depths had this coach reached to have to resort to this measure?

In my last column I presented the question whether anyone really cares about sport in this country. Do the Federations really care?

Earlier this year another national team was in this scenario, where athletes had arrived for a tournament and things were not in place. Here it is again, happening a second time within the same year. Where is the problem?

These are the young men and women of this country that we are supposed to be taking care of and not out of charity—no! These are athletes who are in a foreign country representing T&T. Is this the best that this system is able to offer?

There comes a point when certain things are unacceptable and the arrival of a team in a foreign country for a tournament with not even meals arranged to feed them properly is one of them. If these are the conditions being afforded to these athletes, exactly what were the expectations of their performances?

It could not have been anything spectacular. If this is the case, then why bother pumping resources into it at all? To make it appear like you care about sport? To make it appear like we are a progressive nation?

Athletes have gritted their teeth forever in T&T; they do not tweet what they know they should. They do not embarrass their Federation, their country—maybe it is because if they do, chances are they will not see another national team or maybe it is because they do not want to believe what is happening.

What Waldrum did to get the funding for the team was a brave thing. I have known team managers who have quicker used their own credit card to fund teams, having been put in similar situations. This time, for whatever reason, that was not an option and now questions must be asked. What is going on? Does anyone really care about sport in T&T?

Asha De Freitas-Moseley is a certified athletic trainer with the National Athletic Trainers’ Association of the USA. She has 12 years of experience rehabilitating athletes and members of the active population from injury to full play. She can be reached at Pulse Performance Ltd, located at #17 Henry Pierre St, St James. Tel: 221-2437.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:05:06 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2014, 04:18:07 AM »
so why Waldrum always embarrassing the TTFA then saying sorry? It isn't the first time, it also happened when they were in de Palo Seco camp

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2014, 04:24:40 AM »
so why Waldrum always embarrassing the TTFA then saying sorry? It isn't the first time, it also happened when they were in de Palo Seco camp

Thank God he did or else de TTFA woulda still be sitting on their asses waiting for money.

Randy knows what he is doing.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2014, 08:19:38 AM »

Thank God he did or else de TTFA woulda still be sitting on their asses waiting for money.

:thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2014, 09:57:38 AM »
 In the world of TnT, 'The land of Commess' we either take the road of forgiveness or  forgetfulness. I often wonder if we ever take the road leading to  improvement and learning from alleged misshapen. In order to regain  or gain public trust and to restore or to build public faith in the management and operations of our national teams and programs,  could we use this incident as a baseline to begin a fresh direction for future endeavours of this nature:

Questions:

Who is the manager  with the team?

Is the manager in charge of financial disbursements?   

How will funds received be  allocated?

How will surplus funds be accounted for?

Should the TTFA be made to  show or share with the public Funds received and expenses incurred?

The waters have been muddied and our name/ brand somewhat  exposed to public shame what now?

Do we have a'communication plan in place to inform officials/ coaches of the situation prior to a similar fiasco occurring?

Is there a protocol in place or a line of contact for coaches to channel their concerns rather than to go public?

What are the agreements  for coaches  when there are situations of grievance?

If a coach is not under a formal contract with the TTFA,  what code of conduct is he govern by to maintain the integrity, ethics and behaiour associated with the welfare and safety of those entrusted in his care?

Is there a volunteer agreement that a coach should have to abide by?

Experiences like these should provide us with an opportunity to get better not to forget and continually make the same errors.
IMHO

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »

That is shit talk.  Everybody sat down an agreed upon the Petrotrin site for the camp, Waldrum included.  Next thing yuh know he run and post on Twitter how unnacceptable the facilities were... only to later change he tune and apologize.  In this case running to Twitter did nothing but embarrass the FA and the country.  Money was already in the works, the proper thing to do upon finding out only $300 remained was for him to contact the TTFA and find out what going on... how he supposed to feed the women, etc.  Nah, instead he run to Twitter again.  According to you the TTFA always "sitting on their asses waiting for money" never mind the efforts to secure sponsorships... they just sit down waiting.  What else they supposed to do that they not doing already?  Offer one suggestion.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
In the world of TnT, 'The land of Commess' we either take the road of forgiveness or  forgetfulness. I often wonder if we ever take the road leading to  improvement and learning from alleged misshapen. In order to regain  or gain public trust and to restore or to build public faith in the management and operations of our national teams and programs,  could we use this incident as a baseline to begin a fresh direction for future endeavours of this nature:

Questions:

Who is the manager  with the team?

Is the manager in charge of financial disbursements?   

How will funds received be  allocated?

How will surplus funds be accounted for?

Should the TTFA be made to  show or share with the public Funds received and expenses incurred?

The waters have been muddied and our name/ brand somewhat  exposed to public shame what now?

Do we have a'communication plan in place to inform officials/ coaches of the situation prior to a similar fiasco occurring?

Is there a protocol in place or a line of contact for coaches to channel their concerns rather than to go public?

What are the agreements  for coaches  when there are situations of grievance?

If a coach is not under a formal contract with the TTFA,  what code of conduct is he govern by to maintain the integrity, ethics and behaiour associated with the welfare and safety of those entrusted in his care?

Is there a volunteer agreement that a coach should have to abide by?

Experiences like these should provide us with an opportunity to get better not to forget and continually make the same errors.
IMHO

I agree with some of your sentiments. This should be a learning experience. Mistakes do happen, but there should be a process to follow in such an event. The damage is done. Instead of appointing blame, let's get some solutions in place.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
It on espn now

http://www.espnfc.us/team/trinidad-and-tobago/2627/video/2080089

Side note: Alexis Nunes yes please!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:59:25 AM by Peong »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago Women's soccer team gets unlikely help from Haiti
By Barry Petchesky (screamer.deadspin.com).

On Wednesday we wrote about the Trinidad & Tobago women's soccer team, which arrived in the U.S. for World Cup qualifying with just about $500 to its name. That wasn't nearly enough to cover the food, travel, and equipment needed for the next three weeks. But fans and colleagues have stepped up to help, perhaps none more surprising than Haiti's own women's team.

T&T coach Randy Waldrum, who's not getting paid, was shocked when the team showed up in such dire financial straits. So he put out the call on Twitter, and he made it very specific: he noted that the team's immediate problem was how to buy lunch.

"I thought, 'I've got an hour to find meals, to get us through the day, let alone the next five or six days,'" he said. "The only way I knew to do it was to send the tweet out, and I knew I couldn't say, 'Hey, T&T is in need of money, will you help donate?"

Donations began rolling in. The site KeeperNotes opened up a Paypal account that raised nearly $10,000 in eight hours, and is still accepting pledges. But Waldrum never would have guessed his plea would have fallen on the ears of another team here for World Cup qualifying, one with financial issues of its own.

Haiti's team also heard Waldrum's plea from its training camp in South Bend, Indiana. The team had been running on donations and money raised from T-shirt sales and other fundraising. It had $1,316 in its account.

The team, which has had its own financial struggles, decided to give it all to Trinidad and Tobago.

"My players saw on social media the difficulties faced by T&T players and approached me about what can we do to help. I was stunned," Haiti coach Shek Borkowski said in announcing the donation on the team's Facebook page. "They were very animated about helping so I will do as they asked."

That $1,316 was not just a token gesture. Borkowski said he believed the Haitian team would be forced to fold if it did not qualify for the World Cup. But that was before the Clinton Foundation announced its intention to provide long-term financial support the Haitian women's team.

So it looks like this is one of those stories that will have happy-ish endings all around. Still hope the USWNT demolishes Trinidad and Tobago next Wednesday.

RELATED NEWS

Haiti pledges money to Trinidad and Tobago soccer
By KURT VOIGT and ANNE M. PETERSON

Upon getting word that the Trinidad and Tobago women's national soccer team might not even have enough money for lunch, Haiti's team took a look at its fundraising for World Cup qualifying — an account totaling a little over $1,300 — and decided to turn it over to the competition.

That left Haiti with an uncertain future of its own. Until the Clintons got involved.

Both Trinidad and Tobago and Haiti are training for next week's CONCACAF championship, which serves as qualifying for the Women's World Cup next year in Canada. Haiti opens the eight-team tournament on Wednesday against Guatemala in Kansas City, Kansas, while Trinidad and Tobago faces the top-ranked U.S. women's team.

On Wednesday, Trinidad and Tobago's coach, Randy Waldrum, issued an urgent plea on Twitter.

"I need HELP! T&T sent a team here last night with $500 total. No equipment such as balls, no transportation from airport to hotel, nothing," the post read.

Waldrum said Thursday that his players got breakfast at their hotel in Dallas, where they are training, but he didn't know where lunch was going to come from. So he got dramatic.

"I thought, 'I've got an hour to find meals, to get us through the day, let alone the next five or six days,'" he said. "The only way I knew to do it was to send the tweet out, and I knew I couldn't say, 'Hey, T&T is in need of money, will you help donate?"

His posts went viral quickly. The soccer website KeeperNotes.com reached out to Waldrum and by Wednesday night had collected just over $9,300 for the team via a PayPal account. Jen Cooper, who runs KeeperNotes, said because of the overwhelming response the site had to stop taking donations because of tax implications.

Haiti's team also heard Waldrum's plea from its training camp in South Bend, Indiana. The team had been running on donations and money raised from T-shirt sales and other fundraising. It had $1,316 in its account.

The team, which has had its own financial struggles, decided to give it all to Trinidad and Tobago.

"My players saw on social media the difficulties faced by T&T players and approached me about what can we do to help. I was stunned," Haiti coach Shek Borkowski said in announcing the donation on the team's Facebook page. "They were very animated about helping so I will do as they asked."

That's when Borkowski heard bombshell news: Haiti's soccer federation received a call from the Clinton Foundation, the charitable organization run by former President Bill Clinton and his family, saying it wanted to support the women's program.

Borkowski said he's been told to come up with a list of immediate needs for the team and a long-term budget. He hasn't been given a specific dollar figure.

"They told us they're ready to step up not just one time, but long term support for women's soccer in Haiti," Borkowski said in an interview Thursday. "That's exciting information for us. We've been doing whatever we can to get by."

Craig Minassian, a spokesman for the Clinton Foundation, said in an email that the organization decided to help after reading about the Haiti team.

"The Clinton Foundation and Partners In Health, who received similar inquiries, have spoken with the team and are helping connect them with interested supporters," he wrote.

Borkowski said that without the financial help, if the team didn't qualify for the World Cup, it would have likely been disbanded following the CONCACAF tournament.

Both Waldrum and Borkowski coach their teams as volunteers.

Trinidad and Tobago's soccer federation, which had to find the funds to pay for the team's visas, was already working to secure additional money for the team when the plea went out. The country's Sports Ministry and a sponsor have since sent $40,000.

While Waldrum may have stepped on a few toes with his unconventional fundraising, his team can keep training in its quest to reach women's soccer's biggest stage for the first time. And they can eat.

"Our players have not made a penny in their national team careers. They've given up so much. I just felt like you know what, I've got to try to do something to help them," Waldrum said. "It would have been easy to walk away with the lack of funding, but when I look at this team I think they deserve this chance, and I'm going to fight to the end for them."

AP Sports Writer Tom Coyne in South Bend, Indiana, contributed to this report.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »
These f00ckers eh have no shame, they even taking money from broke ass Haiti to, maybe Haiti want to distract them because they in de same group.

Tim Kee talking in his ass to, just say thanks for the money and stop talking one setta bull shit politics nah.

The TTFA sent them with 500 dollars and that is all they was getting cause they didn't have more to send, speak de truth nah.

This is really embarrassing.

If Tim Kee can't run de federation professional and get good marketing person (not Fuentes) then he should step down, he being here just making T&T look really bad and really worst.

It hurt my heart to see this.

Randy Waldrum even saying how unprofessional they are.

Good job Randy.

Lets see how they going and use the money they got now.

I can't believe we have Kelvin Jack, Yorke, Hislop, Sancho etc, etc, who capable of running our federation organize and professional just sitting there doing nothing.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2014, 11:38:01 AM »
These f00ckers eh have no shame, they even taking money from broke ass Haiti to, maybe Haiti want to distract them because they in de same group.

Tim Kee talking in his ass to, just say thanks for the money and stop talking one setta bull shit politics nah.

The TTFA sent them with 500 dollars and that is all they was getting cause they didn't have more to send, speak de truth nah.

This is really embarrassing.

If Tim Kee can't run de federation professional and get good marketing person (not Fuentes) then he should step down, he being here just making T&T look really bad and really worst.

It hurt my heart to see this.

Randy Waldrum even saying how unprofessional they are.

Good job Randy.

Lets see how they going and use the money they got now.

I can't believe we have Kelvin Jack, Yorke, Hislop, Sancho etc, etc, who capable of running our federation organize and professional just sitting there doing nothing.

Time for Tim Kee to step down.  This is completely unacceptable!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »
I think it will be a good move to send back the money that Haiti sent (if our team accepted it) as we have to play Haiti in our group and don't want our women to think that we owe them any favours.
Half of the battle here is psychological while the other half is talent, skills and preparation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 12:27:58 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »
TTFA releases Waldrum apology; but fails to offer one for itself
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Four days after the Trinidad and Tobago national women’s team flew to the United States for a pre-CONCACAF Championship training camp with just US$500, the team is still awaiting the promised funding from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).
And the Ministry of Sport revealed that the TTFA’s request for sponsorship was so late that it only landed at its office on Tuesday evening when the “Soca Princesses” were already at the Piarco International Airport.
Yet, last night, the only apology for the humiliating debacle came from the TTFA’s women’s coach, American native Randy Waldrum, who said sorry for the tweet that provoked an outpouring of goodwill in Dallas and red faces in Trinidad and Tobago.
On Wednesday morning, as his team started training without water and with no money for lunch, Waldrum tweeted: “I need HELP! T&T sent a team here last night with $500 total. No equipment such as balls, no transportation from airport to hotel, nothing…
“I don’t know how I’m going to feed these players starting at lunch today! If you know of anyone in Dallas area that will help with food, etc.”
By lunch, national players said random people started turning up with water and snacks while, by dinner, they received pizza from well-wishers. And, by the following morning, there was over US$10,000 in an account the coach set up for the team.
Even the Haitian women’s football team, who the Warriors will face in a vital World Cup qualifier next week, pledged just over US$1,300 to the Princesses.
“Coach takes a stand for the team and look what happened,” wrote striker Mariah Shade, on her Facebook account. “People from all over Dallas are just bringing us carloads of water, Gatorade, food, fruits, snacks and so much more.
“People in another country treating us like this; we are very grateful. ‪#‎BlessingsInAbundance‬.”
However, TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee suggested that Waldrum suffered an “emotional disturbance” and, although he conceded that his administration had erred, it was only Waldrum who was asked to apologise.
“The response was overwhelming however in hindsight the language used to appeal for assistance could have been better,” stated Waldrum, via a TTFA press release yesterday, “and was not meant to cause any embarrassment to the TTFA nor the Trinidad and Tobago public at large.
“If it did by any chance, I apologize in advance for any embarrassment caused.”
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/10/11/ttfa-releases-waldrum-apology-but-fails-to-offer-one-itself/

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »
so Waldrum raise $10,000 US in one day how much big time insurance executive Tim Kee raise in 2 years,that is non taxpayers money.
We have a new ting now our teams are travelling half/half.       

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2014, 02:24:32 PM »
I think it will be a good move to send back the money that Haiti sent (if our team accepted it) as we have to play Haiti in our group and don't want our women to think that we owe them any favours.
Half of the battle here is psychological while the other half is talent, skills and preparation.

I agree 100%_ in war there is no  time to get into a psychological game of sympathy. I really applaud a team like Haiti for doing this though- I eh hear about Jamaica doing anything or for that matter the USA-

Give back the money and leh we go back to square one
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:26:35 PM by AB.Trini »

1]; } ?>