March 28, 2024, 04:47:39 PM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151597 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Levi Garcia Thread
« on: September 17, 2014, 03:34:41 PM »
Yea, ah picking him to be de next big thing to come through T&T.

Saw him since his days with Siparia Spurs, Shiva Boys and T&TEC.

Like de young man game.

Big Mac pick Kadeem Corbin, I going for Levi (501).

This youth should be drafted into de T&T senior team immediately, maybe Kadeem Corbin and Shannon "Rough Neck" Gomez to.

Kevon Goddard nice to.

This under 20 team have some talent.

Aikim Andrews and Neveal Hackshaw eh bad too.

Andre Fortune eh shine this year to much, I hardly hear anything from him, he eh making de last two games line up, unless he injured? Matthew Woo Ling too.

Johan Welch is a die hard keeper, wish he could play a lil basket ball though, could do with some height, but ah like de youth fight and determination. He have some work to do, but in time hopefully.

Ah hope Central FC spend some time and develop they 3 players on this squad, Dillon, Garcia and Javon Sample, lord knows we need some good keepers.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:10:23 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »
waiting to see him against tougher opposition before I go ahead with 'the next big star' type of talk

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:50:55 PM »
Yea, ah picking him to be de next big thing to come through T&T.

Saw him since his days with Siparia Spurs, Shiva Boys and T&TEC.

Like de young man game.

Big Mac pick Kadeem Corbin, I going for Levi (501).

This youth should be drafted into de T&T senior team immediately, maybe Kadeem Corbin and Shannon "Rough Neck" Gomez to.

Kevon Goddard nice to.

This under 20 team have some talent.

Aikim Andrews and Neveal Hackshaw eh bad too.

Andre Fortune eh shine this year to much, I hardly hear anything from him, he eh making de last two games line up, unless he injured? Matthew Woo Ling too.

Johan Welch is a die hard keeper, wish he could play a lil basket ball though, could do with some height, but ah like de youth fight and determination. He have some work to do, but in time hopefully.

Ah hope Central FC spend some time and develop they 3 players on this squad, Dillon, Garcia and Javon Sample, lord knows we need some good keepers.

Actually, it's 4 players - Goddard is ours too.

Dillon has been around our first team for two years now and is maturing nicely. Goddard has played several games for Central over the last two years, as has Sample, who played several F.A.Trophy games for us. In my opinion, he is better than Welch (but then, I would say that!)
Levi is a very good prospect and he has the support of his parents, which is essential for such a talent at such a young age.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 02:12:41 AM »
Garcia has big football dreams.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

He wears the number 11 shirt for the T&T men’s Under-20 team and perhaps he’s caught your attention in his recent appearances for this country at the Caribbean U-20 Championship.

To many, Levi Garcia looks an extremely bright prospect for the future. The 16 year old Central FC midfielder scored in T&T’s 1-1 draw with Guadeloupe at the Dwight Yorke Stadium two weeks ago and scouts from Europe are already keeping their eyes on the player during the current Caribbean Finals.

Garcia has the attributes of a ace attacking midfielder in the making—good vision and composure, strong on the ball and good passer, good use of both feet with a proper shot on goal. At this stage of his game, with the right exposure and development, he will only get better. He’s played in two of T&T’s Caribbean qualifying matches so far, linking up well with the likes of teammates Kadeem Corbin, Aikim Andrews, Akeem Garcia and Jabari Mitchell.

Garcia comes from a family of three brothers and two sisters and credits his 26 year old brother Daniel for pushing him to success.

“I have to credit Daniel. He’s always there for me. If I have to go training or to a game he will get the taxi or rent a car for me to get there. He pushes me all the time to do better,” Garcia says.

But it’s not just Daniel that keeps Levi going. When asked what inspires him daily to keep playing the game and stay driven, his immediate response was “Jesus first and everything else after.”

Levi’s favourite players are Brazilian star Neymar and local midfielder Ataulla Guerra and he follows Barcelona.

“I like Barcelona because of how they pass the ball. I like to look at how their players run off the ball, the crosses, their style and their work rate. That’s how I like to see football played,” he said.

Levi hails from Santa Flora and is a past member of Siparia Spurs, T&TEC and is also a student of Shiva Boys College. He has a goal set before him which is to end up at Barcelona some day.

“It’s important for my family that I keep playing the game and make something good of myself. I want to be successful and I want to keep playing. I see myself at Barcelona or another top club out there in five years time,” the versatile number 11 said.

“Qualifying for a World Cup is one of my other dreams either at U-20 or the senior level. We came close in 2013 with the U-17s but now it would be great if we can go a step more.”

Garcia and the T&T team will play in the Caribbean U-20 Final tomorrow from 7.30 pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port-of-Spain before entering the Concacaf Final Round of World Cup qualifiers in Montego Bay in January. They are attempting to qualify for next year’s Fifa U-20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Debbie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 06:17:53 AM »
Just returned from Trinidad and went to see the game against Curacao.

And I am not saying this because he is my cousin, but Levi will make T&T win back crowds.

He is a crowd pleaser, he is talented and composed and fast and strong, jeez, he's everything a football should have.

And he were the best on the field and the youngest.

He plays very mature for a kid.

He makes me proud. I still can't believe he has gotten so big, saw him about 4 years ago.

I hope he makes the T&T senior team, Yorke did it at 16, time to give Levi a chance.

He will be hoping to go to Europe soon, I think in January 2015, I did not discuss it with him as he was busy, a scouts from Spain and Holland were there in the crowds. I also met one from the MLS.

Will keep you guys posted.

His older brother Nathaniel is also very good to.

Thanks for the love guys.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:52:35 PM by Debbie »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »
 :beermug: great lil insight...keep doing yoir thing young man!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »
Didn't realize that he could play for 3 teams.

U17, U20 & Senior Teams.

:D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »
“It’s important for my family that I keep playing the game and make something good of myself. I want to be successful and I want to keep playing. I see myself at Barcelona or another top club out there in five years time,” the versatile number 11 said.

Well you better get out of SSFL. Pro League season has started.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »

:beermug: :beermug:  Talk is cheap - his actions suggest more ego-bumping in the school leagues is what he wants.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »

Lol.

These players young and have passion for the game. But they are making foolish decisions that loose them opportunity and cement bad habits/reputations. Fortunately there is still time to for them to come correct. If my memory serves me well, in 2008 Kevin Molino got dropped from the U-20 team because he opted to skip national training to captain Mucurapo to the intercol championship.

Its not 1973 anymore. Time to belly up and create conditions to make the PL a more desirable alternative for developing players.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:20:03 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »
I can't really measure him as a player until he has played against top level or quality opposition at club or International level. The Caribbean Oppposition he faced at the Caribbean Cup is not enough

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »
It's worth remembering that these are young boys. They are being advised and encouraged by school coaches who may have known them for years, teachers, agents and other schoolkids, maybe even girlfriends.

It must be difficult for them and their parents to determine who is being honest and who has their best interests at heart.

Which is why a debate such as this and the one going on now on wired 868 is helpful.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 11:14:23 AM »
Whats the latest?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »
Really nice to see the great, Mr reliable, solid as a rock strike squad stalwart Dexter Francis again.
Great to see him mentoring and having an impact on the young players who have promise.
I salute you Sir. Really mean it.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 11:46:38 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 07:57:34 PM »
He has signed for a club in Holland, news to be release soon.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 06:49:26 AM »

IS bacchanal time
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 09:36:07 AM »

IS bacchanal time

Well so I heard, off course the info may not be true.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »
Update?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 02:49:49 PM »
i guess he is still in holland or belgium
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 02:53:06 PM »
He's in Trini with the u20...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 01:49:46 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tit2K7mt2ME" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tit2K7mt2ME</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lgYTsLyHnUg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lgYTsLyHnUg</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »
De people who make this video should get jail.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 03:15:55 AM »
Really?

3 mins into d video and I aint see nuttin dat tells me dis guy special.....what is d purpose of d video?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 01:29:07 PM »
Well, the shots in The Skinner Park portion is certainly of poor quality. It is very difficult to make out the players. I think he is  very good player who can became very special if he is developed right. The verdict is still out on him.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 01:32:21 PM »
Isn't that HS though?

I want to see what he does in the upcoming tournament.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 11:01:02 AM »
Twitter News
BeNeFoot ‏@BeNeFoot 
Levi Garcia, a 17 year old forward from Trinidad & Tobago, will sign for AZ in November, when he turns 18. (Voetbal International)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »
Here we go again!!!

1]; } ?>