March 28, 2024, 10:55:44 AM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence Thread  (Read 116034 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence Thread
« Reply #630 on: September 03, 2022, 12:26:43 PM »
Coventry coaching staff might be in trouble soon .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 03, 2022, 01:44:29 PM »
That is the nature of this profession

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 03, 2022, 02:21:47 PM »
Coventry coaching staff might be in trouble soon .

With this high octane schedule in anticipation of a November WC, I haven't been attentive to the Championship, but just maybe they might survive until they face Bristol City.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 20, 2022, 02:20:56 AM »
Coventry have mustered their first clean sheet of the season, but they are still in search of a victory. They will play 6 of 9 upcoming matches at home and have more matches in hand than any other team in the Championship, but also have an unwanted headache with a key player facing a multi-match suspension.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 23, 2022, 11:19:01 AM »
Vaguely related, but in one of the We are Wrexham episodes, the office has a TTFA flag up on the wall, presumably a throwback to Dennis Lawrence.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #635 on: October 24, 2022, 07:48:48 AM »
Vaguely related, but in one of the We are Wrexham episodes, the office has a TTFA flag up on the wall, presumably a throwback to Dennis Lawrence.
Dennis Lawrence. Carlos Edwards. Silvio Spann. Hector Sam. Think there's someone else I'm forgetting.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 24, 2022, 11:09:52 AM »
Dennis Lawrence. Carlos Edwards. Silvio Spann. Hector Sam. Think there's someone else I'm forgetting.

Damn you're right, forgot so many went there!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 24, 2022, 06:13:41 PM »

Marvin Andrews and Josh Johnson.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 08, 2023, 07:22:46 AM »
Coventy is in the play-off vs Middlesborough wish him luck
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 12:52:48 PM by Trini _2026 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 28, 2023, 09:12:54 PM »
quite a season turnaround, but hard luck in the end
luton on penalties

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 13, 2024, 01:01:16 PM »
Dennis Lawrence announced as Minnesota United Assistant Coach
mnufc.com

Minnesota United announced today that Dennis Lawrence will join the club as a first-team assistant coach under new Loons’ Head Coach Eric Ramsay.

Dennis Lawrence joins Minnesota United from Coventry City Football Club of the EFL Championship, England’s second division. With Coventry, Lawrence served as a first-team coach from 2021-24, where he helped run training sessions on a daily basis and led the team’s tactical and technical preparation ahead of each match.

“I am looking forward to joining Eric at Minnesota United as assistant coach to help him and Khaled [El-Ahmad] with our exciting plans for the future,” said Assistant Coach Dennis Lawrence. “I have known Eric for some time and his values, coaching principles and philosophy align with my own. I can’t wait to start working with him, Cameron Knowles and the squad, while looking forward to embracing the passionate support of the Loons fan base.”

“I am excited to welcome Dennis to Minnesota United, first and foremost, he is a great person. Along with his character, he brings a wealth of experience in coaching at nearly every level in soccer,” said MNUFC Chief Soccer Officer and Sporting Director Khaled El-Ahmad. “His perspectives coaching for both club and country will provide the club valuable insight that will continue to set our players up for success each week. Dennis and Eric Ramsay know each other well, and are fully aligned in the way we want to play.  I look forward to experiencing their chemistry as they continue building on our overall vision for the club.”

Prior to his time at Coventry, Lawrence served as the head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Team from 2017-2019. During the three years he managed the Trinidad side, he led the team to compete in multiple competitions, including the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in 2018, the Gold Cup in 2019 and Concacaf Nations League in 2019. Lawrence’s Trinidad & Tobago team notably defeated the United States in the final game of the World Cup Qualifying stage in 2018.

Before leading Trinidad and Tobago, Lawrence had stints with Everton FC as a first team coach from 2013-16 and Wigan Athletic FC as a development coach from 2010-13 when the Wigan squad impressively won its first major trophy in club history by defeating Manchester City in the 2013 FA Cup final at Wembley.

Lawrence had a prolific playing career that spanned almost 18 years across both club and country competition. The center back started his club career playing in the Trinidad and Tobago top division before departing Defence Force and signing with Wrexham ACF in 2001. From 2001-06, Lawrence made 198 game appearances for the historic Welsh side. He then joined Swansea City from 2006-09 as the club competed in the EFL Championship. While with Swansea, Lawrence went on loan to Crewe Alexandra from 2008-09 before finishing out his club career with San Juan Jabloteh in Trinidad and Tobago from 2009-10. In total, Lawrence made 317 game appearances and scored 17 goals at the club level.

Internationally, Lawrence made 89 game appearances for the Trinidad and Tobago National Team from 2000-10, and notably played in all three Group Stage games of the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.

Lawrence holds a UEFA Pro License Coaching Qualification, a FIFA Technical Directors Course, a UEFA A+B Coaching Qualification, and an FA Level 1 and 2 Youth Modules certificate. He will join the club pending receipt of his work visa.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 13, 2024, 03:45:02 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :wavetowel: :cheers:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 17, 2024, 10:31:03 AM »
Big boots to fill as Coventry City say goodbye to man who brought balance to backroom
By Andy Turner (Coventry Telegraph)

The loss of Dennis Lawrence from Mark Robins’ backroom team leaves big boots to fill. After nearly three years with Coventry City, the talented 49-year-old coach has taken up an exciting opportunity in the United States, working with up-and-coming new manager in Eric Ramsay, who recently left Erik ten Hag’s coaching staff at Manchester United to take charge of Minnesota United FC of the MLS.

As well as taking charge of a lot of the set-piece work in training at Ryton, the former Trinidad and Tobago manager and player worked closely with Adi Viveash to “paint the pictures,” as Robins once stated of his esteemed coaching duo, fully immersed and involved in team tactics and strategy. But as well as his tactical and technical nous, Lawrence provided a wealth of experience and was arguably a stabilising influence between Robins and Viveash who, as the Sky Blues manager revealed recently, don’t always see eye to eye on ideas, albeit in a healthy way.

Robins admits that he doesn’t want ‘yes’ men and Dennis was the same; strong enough to speak his mind, put his ideas across and challenge his colleagues when he didn’t agree with decisions. That said, he’s a very humble and mild mannered character who goes about his work in and quiet and diligent way – the perfect person to provide balance between two strong personalities.

He shuns the limelight, as we saw when he took charge of the first team back in March 2022 after Robins and Viveash were confined to their homes with Covid. Overseeing a memorable 4-1 victory over Sheffield United at the CBS Arena, the coach faced the press afterwards and quickly played down his part in the brilliant win.

“The majority of the preparation was done in the build up to the game, so the manager and Adi did the prep with myself. It was more or less down to me to just reinforce everything we wanted to do,” he said at the time.

“I spoke to the manager by phone and we all knew what the game plan was, so just about reinforcements and the manager letting me know he was there and supporting me, telling me to be brave and just enjoy the occasion.

“During the game he communicated with our match analyst by phone, who then passed on the messages to me, and the same thing happened with Adi, so there was a lot of information coming and that was very good for myself because it was just making sure we kept doing the good things we were doing.”

Lawrence was also very popular with the players, and a real asset when it came to man management – the good cop to Adi’s often stern, no-nonsense bad cop, if you like. He’ll be greatly missed, of that there is no doubt, but he goes with the club’s blessing and it would be nice to think that the fans will give him a fond farewell at Wolves on Saturday (12.15pm) when he will be involved for one last time.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 18, 2024, 01:14:35 PM »
They beat Wolves!  Well done, all de best. Scorer of one of our best ever solo goals. I hope he like snow and cold

1]; } ?>